What was Veeky Forums like before quest threads?

What was Veeky Forums like before quest threads?

Shit just like it has always and will always be.

Exactly the same as it is right now, but the 8% of quest threads were just other "Elf slave wat do" threads.

The same as during them, a lot less original art, games, and content though.

What will Veeky Forums be like now after quest threads?

post quest threads* I mean

When everyone fucks off to /qst/

We're not going anywhere.

/qst/ is a trial board and it will fail.

8% of Veeky Forums cannot keep a board alive.

We'll see.

A thread still hasn't actually been bumped off the board.

That's kinda the point, threads dead for a while now are still on the board stagnating.

Eeyup

Questd belong here anyways.

For some reason I am under the suspicion that OP is secretely Hiro.

I think it's an improvement and hope the quests will stay far away from here.

It was better. People actually discussed games and stories they played, and did a lot of idea crafting. Also there was lots of 40k comedy and some usual shitty threads.

Quests haven't actually left yet guys.

>It was better. People actually discussed games and stories they played, and did a lot of idea crafting. Also there was lots of 40k comedy and some usual shitty threads.

BUT THOSE GODDAMNED QUESTS JUST STOPPED ANYONE FROM BEING ABLE TO DISCUSS GAMES AND WE HAVEN'T DISCUSSED GAMES SINCE

It'll fail because it's crammed with garbage quests.

I didn't take part in any here, but I could tell a lot of them had genuine effort put into them because the people cared about it the same way they cared about other traditional games. /qst/ is full of no-effort chaff made by people that had never even seen a quest thread before. Veeky Forums had it's fair share of bad quests, but those died quickly enough and better ones stuck around. There just isn't enough of those to justify an entire board.

AT my best estimate the averge Veeky Forums questing community was like 150 people

This is a nutshell, Quests are small because running, while fun is hard work and complicated. It's analogous to gming online.

And all of that stopped because...?
It clearly wasn't too great if Ruby Quest did it in after only 6 months of being quest free.

Better, more discussion about actual Veeky Forums things instead of absolutely horrible quests and questers.

/qst/ is a good change for everyone.

It's major problem is that it's literallly next to /Pol/. When a /pol/ack wants to shitpost, he may accidently click on /qst/ and start shitposting there instead.

Quests still haven't actually left