Warhammer 40k general

Everybody's flies now edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>White Dwarves

mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9-YtG1QShE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FAQs when? Monday?

First for russ

>Everybody flies except Orks, Nids and CSM
>Two of these armies get actively worse with these new rules

sigh

Never

>Orks are a melee race

I just posted this in the old thread but figured i'd post it here as well

So i'm going to be entering into a 1500pt tournament starting next month. we get to have two lists. I know at least one of the locals is a power gaming faggot who spams shit like this not for fun but WOTC
My main armies are IG or admech/skitarii

I also have numerous superheavies and just about every model inbetween the two. Could anyone help suggest some competitive builds i could make? i dont even care about winning so much as not being tabled every other game.

Reminder that Nid and CSM players are whiny cunts

They wont answer your question user-kun

It was a planet that the Tau had taken and them abandoned when the populace started manifesting lots of psykers. That was what greeted the Word Bearers at the continent that had held the Tau psyker prison camps.

>Orks
>get new flyers
>the main featured faction along marines in Skies of Death
>CSM
>had that broken ass Hellturkey for more than a year and literally made all other marines unplayable
>Nids
>best FMC in the game besides Fateweaver

Orks, CSM and Nids are the worst

t. Tau

>Orks still own the best AA in the game
>Complain when GW is now pushing everyone to buy Aircraft

You can't make this shit up.

>helturkey made all other Marines unplayable
If you ignore Grey Knights, Space Wolves, and Razorwire.

>f you ignore Grey Knights,

In that order. CSM overtake Nids if we include Forgeworld.

>Everyone is having fun with their new flyers
>Bring tons of mek guns and shit all over their new toys

Personally I will enjoy being as vindictive as possible.

Personally I shit all over CSM and Orks without problems so I don't know which I would rate as worst desu.

5e GK were absurdly strong. Fucking Paybacks, Psyflemen Dreads, 1 man Paladin squads, OG Draigo, the Baby Carrier.

>Helturkey
>Actually usable anymore

Going to expand my collection so I can start playing 750pts. How does this look? I'm not sure how much I need the velocity trackers at 750 points and I'd really like to keep the cadre fireblade since I like them. I know I'm going to see at least one flyrant already at this point level maybe two in the league and maybe a voidraven.

HQ
Cadre Fireblade

Troops
Strike Team - Ten fire warriors for the fireblade to join.

Strike Team - Four warriors led by a shas'ui with markerlight and target lock.

Elites
Stealth Suits - Two suits led by a shas'vre with a fusion blaster, markerlight, and target lock.

Crisis Suits - Two suits with two missile pods and velocity trackers led by a shas'vre with a missile pod and Puretide Engram.

Fast Attack
Pathfinder team - Four pathfinders and a Shas'ui.

Heavy Support
A Hammerhead armed with a railgun and submunitions, twin linked smart missiles, blacksun filter, and a disruption pod.

It's because 99% of Ork players don't take that traktor kannon or whatever the gun is called.

Same as how marines can be a "not overpowered army" because not all marine players are spamming grav skyfaggot bitch cuntpany.

>if you ignore the 2 most OP marine armies that are just marines but better

BA unplayable check
Vanilla unplayable check
SW made no appearances in 6E check

Saying GK are marines just makes you look stupid. They are the furthest removed MEQ book from being marines as you can get while still being counted as a space marine. Their entire army is psykers, they have entirely unique rules, models, and even wargear and armory list, AND their most famous build from 5E was not affected by AP3.

>had

Hey, those SM spam lists take skill to use!

They have fallen abit since then though. They have the problem of too much points for too little of models.

You don't get it. CSM players deserve to be shit on forever because they had a good codex a decade ago and because they had a good flier for a while. Never mind that the Heldrake's capabilities were wildly exaggerated or that Necron Croissants and IG Vendettas were far more dangerous and spammable.

>mfw grav amps let you reroll to wound

I love that pic.

I need to get my old Ork First Edition rule books...I think they are first edition. I don't really know, I was only 10 when I got them, I haven't seen them for years, and only got them because they looked neat. Huge hardcover books, I think they only covered special rules for Ork Freebooterz and rules for Special Orks, like Mek-boyz, Pain-boyz, whatever they called the psyker's, as well as rules for squigs and snotlings. It was all insanely in depth and complicated. Each type of unit was so detailed, games must have been long...and involving very small numbers of units. I didn't start playing until 2nd edition, and those rules seemed waaaay simpler.

And the fluff was hysterical.

Of course they do. Dodging thrown bricks as a 400lb neckbeard is pretty difficult.

Throwing bricks gets you thrown out of my store...

any of you guys suffer from not being able to pick between 2-3ish armies? i'm an ork player at heart but also happen to think crons are pretty badass, have a few squads airbrushed up and all but wish orks didn't just blow at the actual game

my lgs is doing a fluffy campaign thing and i'm really excited to start trying to field my boyz and see how they fare against other (presumably casual) list

Fine. Knives, then. Fucking stick-up-ass managers.

>Implying someone who browses 4 chins Mongolian throat massage and therapy board would be put incharge of an lgs.

If you know how to run orks, they completely trash things that don't spam D weapons or have super-heavies.

Typically, most stores don't tolerate thrown bricks. I've thrown dice in a childish rage once ( I was 13 at the time). I didn't get kicked out.

I wish I had that problem.
Normally all I play is Daemons so I bought and made a really cool IG/SM/Inquisition army that I've been working on for ages, I've only used it like once or twice before going back to Daemons.

I just love Daemons so much, I think I'm going to end up buying every unit from the daemons codex.

Is this a good thread to talk about Conquest? i just played my first game and I wonder what Veeky Forums thinks.

christ, dude, how do you do it?

How does it play? I spent this month's wargaming money on Epic mini-minis, so I'm not getting my double dose of knights until next month.

I find that most people who choose chaos/ daemons tend to be of these reddit tier cringe kind of people. Hopefully you aren't the same.

I think means that 40k card game produced by Fantasy Flight, not Renegade.

>Epic mini-minis,
youtube.com/watch?v=X9-YtG1QShE

What the fuck is this? First result of "Epic Mini-mini's"

>Never understood why morons would buy recast Land Speeders.
I don't want to support GW. I play both Tyranids and CSM and I'm not very happy on the current state of the two or the state of Eldar in this edition. The horrible internal balance of the Cruddex is starting to take its toll after playing years of slight variations of the same list and CSM deserve a new codex just for being the most out of date.
Giving GW money would send the signal that it is okay to keep things like they are now and buying chinashit is pretty much is the only real way of voicing my opinion of their actions through deeds and not just bitching on Veeky Forums

So what do the new Flyer rules mean for things like the Blood Thirster with the D-Axe and the Hive Tyrant?

I just love big monsters monsters, tyranid monsters are all stupid and wimpy, not like fucking I10 keepers or WS10 bloodthirsters.

ok working on my 1500pt IG/Admech list

is there any reason i can't stick Destroyer Servitors into Chimeras?

Thread needs more genestealers.

Also I am just reverting fliers back to skimmers with my group, this is becoming dumb.

>Speak for yourself, poorfag.
I've bought shit from GW both online and in my FLGS, but I will still go to China for FW

Eat shit, shill

How many heavy grav cannons is too many?

Why is the dakkajet so garbage?

No matter how many hits you get (it's only fucking 12) Strength 6 is dogshit versus all but other dakkajets

If you don't use mek gunz how the fuck can you fight fliers? if only it were S7 i could accept needing 5's to glance most vehicles

Air superiority fighters should just get +1 BS when firing at other flyers and interceptor along with -1 BS while firing at ground targets and they get +1 to their cover saves unless the jet has strafing run.

Attack flyers should keep the option to skyfire.

Bombers should be the only craft to get an ignores cover squadron formation.

Still looking for that smug Necron lord reaction image.
Pls halp.

>Strength 6 is dogshit versus all but other dakkajets

Aren't a lot of the Eldar Flyers only AV10 or AV11?

This?

>Greetings, Imperials. This is the Terminus Est.Oh fuck, I liked Colonel Corvus. I didn't go into this anthology expecting to get a nice little nugget of HFY.

Almost all fliers are AV10 or 11. The exceptions are the heavy assault craft, like the Heldrake, or heavy transports, like the Dreadclaw or the Stormraven. Orkfags, like Chaosfags, are just blinded by years of shit.

why do my posts always go ignored? i swear....

eldar and deldar are both av10.
IIRC necrons are only av11.

so if by dogshit he means against av12. then they are dogshit against imperial stuff.

>Admech/skitarii
Run a cheap War Convocation. If you can squeeze it in, ally in an ABG Command Vanquisher/Thunderer combo.

If you want more general ideas, the mean Guard things I can think of are:

>Paskisher, preferably with executioner minions
>meltavets/plasmavets
>vendettas in general, more on this later
>wyverns in general

This is off the top of my head, anyway. There's all the standard stuff, like deep striking melta scions and giant rank firing blobs, too.

Possible things to shove in a Vendetta:
>CCS with 4 plasma/meltaguns; self-explanatory
>Special Weapons squad with 3 Demo Charges (they're not grenades, you can throw all 3 at once)
>Cyclops Demolition Vehicle (exactly 6 models worth with the operator; enjoy a s9ap3 cover-ignoring non-scattering blast)

Grab a pdf of the 2nd ed Imperial Armor book and look at the Armored Battlegroup force org chart, too. You can get a 4HP Vanquisher with Instant Death attacks, a tank with a Ld10 buff bubble, and a better version of the Vindicator.

That's the one, thanks a ton user.

1 squad?

>then they are dogshit against imperial stuff.

So the most common fliers then? Yeah nothing to complain about right

Not to mention necrons are fucking AV13 because of that bullshit shield

1 gun

>4HP Vanquisher
holy fuck i want this, where do i look specifically?

Necron flyers dont have Quantum Shielding, only their ground vehicles have it.

Necron fliers don't have Quantum Shielding.

Valks and Vendetta's being AV12 is bullshit, but that's far from the worst of Codex: Ork's problems.

Can a Chapter Master take the new Cataphractii armor?

Jesus Christ user, its in the post you quoted. Apply yourself.

did the FAQ stuff come out yet?

Nope, only the Terminator Captain. Just ask your opponents if they mind you upgrading him to a CM for the usual point cost.

Next week we'll get first drafts.

>GW shitting everything up again.

Man after all this wait and the reveal that we're only getting the first drafts of some of them, these better be the greatest FAQ's known to man.

Truly, I don't know how Space Marine players can keep playing with Games Workshop constantly fucking them over. Like half their new psychic powers are garbage.

>Man after all this wait and the reveal that we're only getting the first drafts of some of them, these better be the greatest FAQ's known to man.
GW actually has to be putting some kind of thought into it so its taking far longer than their usual dumping out of shitty rules

Reading Priests of Mars right now, this book is fucking phenomenal.

there are so many IA books available they could fill a small library. Is this Imperial Armor Apocalypse 2nd edition? Imperial Armor 2? etc

God, how terrible it must be to be GW's open favorite army who gets more buffs than anything else and got free models in a extra supplement based entirely around making you even more powerful than tau.

Storm of Iron is also really good, read it if you havent as both stories have a character in common.

I wonder if that fish, in its last moments knew it was going to be a new /40kg/ reaction image and that's why it looks so horrified

I'm reading it as well, first 40k book I've figureatively picked up, and I'm liking it a lot.

There's a book called Skitarius, which I assume is obviously about a Skitarii. But I cannot find a pdf of it. Anyone mind lending a servo-arm?

If these books were in paperback form, I would buy them, if only because I hate e-books with a burning passion.

1/2

Gee whiz you are right, its so hard to guess which book it might be! Maybe, I dont know, you could check the first IA as a start!. You know, the one dedicated to Imperial Guard? But oh boy you sure have a tough job searching through all of them! Good luck!.

2/2

You need a crash course in how awesome the Leman Russ can be.

Take a look at this motherfucker. This is the Ryza-pattern Leman Russ Vanquisher. He's got all the things you love about vanquishers: he can assfuck tanks at six feet, he's got AV14, he's wierdly small for how tough he is, et cetera.

But I know you, user. I know you want MORE. Okay! WE GOT MORE!

For the simple price of taking him as a Command Tank in an ABG army, you get:
>access to the Artificier Hull for extra HP
>Access to Beast Hunter Shells, for a 72" S8AP3 3" Instant Death blast
>Access to a co-axial Heavy Stubber that can twin-link the Vanquisher cannon
>access to ABG Command Tank orders, allowing you to force enemies to re-roll cover saves or hits against you in melee

And he gets access to a decent warlord traits list, too. WHY ARE YOU NOT TAKING THIS?!

Why does the ITC FAQ restrict Space Marines to only taking a single artifact?

So for 190 points, you get a bs4 tank that can give orders that has 4 hull points and an additional ammo type of small blast str 8 ap2 instant death/heavy 1 str 8 ap2 armourbane

Maybe people didn't want broken psychic powers and formations. Maybe some people just wanted Cataphractii chapter masters.

Probably because they don't want you being a flaming faggot, but the joke is already on you as playing ITC already makes you one

remember it's actually an AP2 instant death blast

understanding the command/commissar vanquisher is essential for armored battlegroup play, it's easily our best HQ

is it single artifact per character?

If so that's because that's the standard rule for all codex, but GW is pretty shit about using consistent wording to make that clear.

You won't get a real answer. The ITC houserules are just that, houserules. Please ignore them and simply talk to your opponent if there's a rules issue.
Oh and wait for next weeks GW FAQ's. Good times are coming.

Exactly what from IA 13 is supposed to be so helpful to CSM? I see this advice repeated a lot, but no word on what you're actually supposed to take in the book that's Useful.

>Leman Russ given modern-like design or other conversion
my dick

>Thinking GW will actually put out a good comprehensive FAQ.
You're like pug that's gotten it's head stuck in a fence. I can't decide if it's cute or sad.