Kantai Collection Quest: Pacific Strike 29

So... news! Yes, I already know about the whole /qst/ thing, but as long as it's still in trial mode, until (or if) the mods say otherwise, and to keep the archives consistent, I'm going to continue running things here in Veeky Forums! Anyways, let's get to the questing!

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Kantai Collection Pacific Strike

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are the former United States Navy warship USS HOEL, now returned as a shipgirl and ready to kick Abyssal ass!

It had already been several days since the... incident where you met a literal Abyssal clone of yourself, no thanks to Vahlen. Even though the event itself was largely kept quiet from the rest of the base, there were lots of things going on behind the scenes. Apparently, the idea of one of Vahlen's experiments breaking out of its own accord got a LOT of her backers nervous, so a multitude of investigations and reevaluations were going on behind the scenes. In consideration of you and your friends, the Admiral had arranged the transfer of you, your task force, and few other shipgirls to Norfolk, Virginia, the headquarters of the USN's Atlantic forces. It was only temporary, of course, until the whole drama blew over and stabilized.

(cont)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ndvdM468x4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In addition, the Admiral had forbidden you from telling anybody else about your clone, Woel, outside of your task force and a few of your closest friends like Anna, all of whom basically already knew by the time the order came out.

Actually, it was thanks to Anna that you were even able to stay in contact with Woel. She had set up an encrypted phone that was largely untraceable with which you could chat with Woel for short periods of time. Of course, this was something that you didn't want to abuse too much. But otherwise, you were glad to know Woel made it to the Queen Mary safely, and was steadily recovering. However, being just like you, she was pretty frustrated and restless at having to lay low for possibly the rest of her life. That was something you'd have to worry about later, too.

Anyways, Norfolk. The rest of your task force didn't seem to mind the place, and Portland was absolutely LOVING it. You, on the other hand...

>Thought this place was pretty cool.
>Don't really have an opinion.
>You'd rather be back at Pearl.
>Other

FIRST POST

>Thought this place was pretty cool.
Let's go see Old Ironsides!

>>Thought this place was pretty cool.

There's no planes to crash here.

>My screws hurt
>Shore patrol is too loud
>I bet none of these ships even torpedo attack
>I wish I was back at Pearl, bullying battleships

Live, from Veeky Forums, it's FRIDAY NIGHT
This week, WoWS sees a bugged 0.5.5 get hotfixed, and Kancolle's spring event draws near!

>>You'd rather be back at Pearl.

>Norfolk, Virginia
>Old Ironsides
Why would USS Constitution be in Virginia?
Isn't she pretty much permanently at Boston Navy Yard?
Or did you mean USS Wisconsin?
Also, ara ara~

>>Thought this place was pretty cool.

Let's not be stick in the mud

>>Don't really have an opinion.

Also, you are not the only QM who still unsure about new board merc.

Ehhhh, honestly, you'd rather be back at Pearl, where you've been this whole time. Plus, having been fighting on the Pacific in both your old and new lives, it kinda felt like home to you. Here though, in comparison, Norfolk was gloomy and cold. A bit depressing, honestly. Then again, at least you weren't here on your own. Your task force, Anna, and the Fletchers had also been sent along. Not only to get them away from the drama of the investigations, but also to help make up for the shortage of USN shipgirls on the East Coast, thanks to many being diverted away to help the Midway offensive. A lot of them were pretty heavily damaged, too, so they wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.

Hell, even Haida was still with you, Apparently the Canadians were so proud at having "assisted" in the retaking of Midway, they requested to have Haida indefinitely attached to your task force. Ontario seemed to be all for it, apparently as a way to get Haida to go out more. However, the cruiser herself had to return to Canada, since the rest of their destroyer weren't going to look after themselves.

You still had a bit more time before getting your next briefing from the Captain, so you wondered what you should do.

>Call Woel
>Find Anna
>Head for the Captain
>Talk to Haida
>Meet someone else (specify)
>Other

>>Talk to Haida

>>Talk to Haida
Whatcha thinking aboot?

>Talk to Haida

>>Talk to Haida

>>Talk to Haida

>>Talk to Haida

>Talk to Haida
>What's Canada like?
Oh the great mysteries of the country north of America.

>Talk to Haida
As if there isn't any other option.

Just realized that Woel's mere existence just creates a lot of existential horror, and debate (read: shitposting) about philosophy, morality, and ethics....

>Talk to Haida

It's nothing but ice, Tim Hortons, maple syrup, leaves, bears and angry geese as far as the eye can see.

>Talk to Haida
Though I do wonder how we can get her to.

WOEL A BEST

A BEST

I get curious and google it.
The reality is far, far more boring while still fall to 'that really unusual' realm.

I swear we should give her our old wooden bat when we have the chance. Maybe carve in a message from everybody.

>Make Canada Okay Again

Nerv Bridge Simulator is also educating anons about Canada.

And, combined with the existence of the living Wo hat, proves that the Abyssals are all parasites

>Tim Hortons
>Stan Rodgers
>Quebec

What other wonders does our wonderful hat hold?

What's interesting in the Canadian west? Me being from the West Coast and thus that's within a day's driving distance.

Male to Female?

I'm forever ruined to say parasites the way Code Talker says them. Just like "coupons" due to Ron White.

Hell no.

You belong in :^)
>Talk to Woel

>Canadian west
Depending on where you are, there may be no real snow, as heretical as the thought is.

I'm just wondering what there might be in the woods. Beautiful places to visit. Good places to hunt or fish. Neat places on the coast.

That sort of thing.

So, is anyone else wondering if Anna is having vivid dreams about... activities with both Hoel and Woel?

Drumheller, Banff, Wood Buffalo National Park (larger than Switzerland!), probably some shit in BC too but fuck the hippies

There's also whale watching and homes that are completely unaffordable.

>Good places to hunt or fish.
pretty much anywhere in the dam country really.

>dark sky preserve

Shit, son. Astronomy and nature. Great combination.

That's lewd

>Keeps blowing her boilers while asleep
>Sent to repair baths so many times she's known as a drydock queen

You decide to go check up on how your foreign counterpart was doing. You remember she got hit pretty bad during Midway and had been sidelined for the last few days. You head over to the bay, where you could see Haida standing on the edge of the water, her Rig fully manifested as she stared out at the horizon.

"Feeling homesick?" You grin as you walk up beside her.

"Huh?" Haida nearly leaps into the air when you speak up. Guess she didn't have her search radar turned on. "Oh, it's just you, Hoel. And, well, it's not exactly that."

"Still haven't gotten over getting hit like that?" You quickly start to home in on the problem.

Haida's silence seems to be all the answer you need.

"Hey now, you shouldn't beat yourself up like that, Haida." You try to reassure her. "It's not like you're the only ship to have gotten hit in that battle."

"You don't understand." Haida bites her lip. "The other destroyers, they look up to me, you know? What kind of example am I going to set, if they know I got knocked out at Midway before I could really do anything of use?"

"You tell Ontario of this?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Why should I? She already knows everything." Haida rolls her eyes. "That's why I need to get back to working order."

Oh. You could see where this was going. Her Rig out, and the look of slight pain on her face.

"Did you tell anybody you were going to test run today?" You ask suspiciously.

"Um, yes?" Haida lies horribly as her eyes immediately break contact from you.

"Uh huh." You shake your head.

>You shouldn't push yourself like that.
>Well, you should at the very least have a buddy.
>Other

>>Well, you should at the very least have a buddy.

Speaking of deydocks, we better be careful if we ever play as Woel. Even if she becomes a masked vigilante to cope with boredom, she has no access to our resources.

if Woel ever try vigilante business, i suggest this as her theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=ndvdM468x4s

>masked vigilante
She's a destroyer. She can take on crime with just her fists.

It's when she gets a rogues gallery that she'll have a problem

>inb4 we now get 2 POVs: the frontline and the homefront.

I've a feeling she'll find a conspiracy in the homefront

>What's interesting in the Canadian west?
Giant Albertan Mosquitoes
Cougars foraging in suburban backyards

>inb4 Hoel and Woel start hivemind.

>Clone sister hivemind

"Well, you should at the very least have a buddy." You grin as you summon your own Rig in response. How about a couple laps around the bay? I think we've still got time before we have to report in."

"That's what I was planning." Haida nods and jumps down into the water, her feet landing solidly on the water's surface.

You leap down right next to her, and start heating up your boilers.

"I'll race ya." A glint of competitive spirit flashes in Haida's eyes as she nods toward the open bay ahead.

>You're on!
>I think we should take it easy...
>Other

>Use hivemind to bodyswap

>>You're on!

>You're on!

So she can walk slowly up to crooks as they futilely empty their mags at her?

>>You're on!
And somewhere in the base, Portland feels her peaceful days about to disturbed...

>You're on!
inb4 another boiler explosion

>You're on!

>You're on!

>she investigates a string of disappearing young women from vulnerable communities, turns out the DoD are converting them into artificial shipgirls

>>You're on!

>>You're on!

That was a sub-plot in a Kancolle doujin actually. Destroyer's Destiny, was it?

The scientists accumulated a pile of bodybags along the way to convert potential compatible hosts into shipgirls.

Also if I recall, this was the endgame plot point of a previous, short Kancolle quest. The Coronado shipgirls were pretty much soulless zombies vulnerable to subversion off the bat.

>she investigates a string of disappearing young women from vulnerable communities, turns out the DoD are converting them into artificial shipgirls

FUCK

THAT'S PERFECT

AND THEN SHE LEADS A FLEET OF TRANSFORMED GIRLS

>These women enter 'clinics' and are never seen again
>Woel sabotages secret military research facilities
>Forms her own force of artificial shipgirls

And that's when Vahlen runs out of test subjects and decides to use a more potent conversion on herself combining a brilliant mind and powerful body to become...

>by that point, damage has been done and the public finds out about the DoD abducting US citizens for shipgirl experimentation.

Rolled 16, 13, 3 = 32 (3d20)

"Heh, you're on!" You give Haida your own competitive grin in response to her challenge. You start pouring more heat into your boilers as your crews begin to spin and you barrel. "Let's go!"

"Hey! Cheater!" Haida yelps as she tries to catch up. You may have gotten the headstart, but she had a longer time to heat up her boilers...

>Roll 1d20

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Boiler explosion!

Rolled 14 (1d20)

BOOM

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Rolled 13 (1d20)

rolling just because i am curious

Rolled 9 (1d20)

amusing

>and then the final battle against the ultimate artificial is with Hoel and Woel using Hoel's old and new bat ending with one of them dualwielding them.

Cole got a new best friend from her stunt double turned supporting actor.

Stunt double was yet another clone from her sister.

all the artificial shipgirls look almost exactly like Hoel.

>Anna gets an entire harem

Makes you wonder how many of her fans actually know the truth. It seems like something that gets declassified when she's a retired old woman.

Thankfully for you, Tribal-class destroyers like Haida couldn't really go much faster than Fletchers like you. Thanks to your little headstart, you're able to maintain a consistent lead in front of Haida the whole way around Norfolk's bay.

You DID have a bit of a close call when you rounded Cape Henry at high speed and nearly slammed into the side of a Coast Guard Cutter. You barely manage to make a hard starboard turn, your cheek almost trading paint with the side of the ship. Haida, being farther back, is able to compensate much better, and managed to close the distance just a tad. On the deck of the cutter, you could see the sailors on board wave and whistle as the both of you pass.

Both of you finally complete your circle around the bay, bobbing and weaving through the military and civilian traffic. Unlike in the Pacific, the north Atlantic was largely secure with the cooperation of both the United States and the various navies of the EU. So naturally, maritime traffic here was much heavier than you were used to seeing.

"You... you..." Haida pants as the both of you return to the Norfolk docks.

"Yep, I know I'm the winner." You grin smugly.

"You cheated!" Haida pouts, her amber eyes blazing.

"Well, you never did say we had to start at the same time!" You snicker.

"Jeez." Haida somehow manages to pout harder.

>Fine, you want a rematch?
>We should probably meet the Captain now.
>Other

We really need to hang out with her more. Everything after that one thread has been background info.

>We should probably meet the Captain now.

>>We should probably meet the Captain now.

I concur

>>We should probably meet the Captain now.

>Other
Lift her sweater and examine her injuries, hope you didnt make it worse

>Fine, you want a rematch?

>do a quick hands on inspection for hull damage on Haida