On AoS

Do you agree?

Yep.

Entirely.

I know this is a bait thread, but ill bite.

The apples had gone sour. Sure they could have given us a fresh batch, but it would still be apples. Ive already had too many apples, and was looking for something different.

They handed me these oranges. These oranges are not to everyone's tastes, but they were oh so delicious to me, and others.At this point I hadnt realized how sour those apples were when I tasted one just for old time's sake. Fuck the apples. I'm all about the oranges, now they announced 2 more flavors of oranges, one is even sort of an apple flavor. I am looking forward to it.

You can cry all you want but WFB would still be around if it was popular and selling well.
No company kills off a successful, profit generating line of products.
Sure, you can argue that AoS isn't doing well either - we don't really know for certain.
But what we do know is that it's a step in a new direction, trying to learn from 40k (which in my opinion has become too complex and cluttered, and pretty much just completely broken).

How long before we get Age of Emperor?

Wouldn't be too hard to switch over honestly.
Space marines all hit on a 3+ when shooting as it is.

As a player of a squatted 40k army who'd been told for years to just "suck it up and move on" by everyone else, your tears are delicious.

you can just keep playing fantasy, no one is forcing you to play aos.

So squats.

Pretty much this

GW would not have canned Fantasy if it wasn't already suffering from problems brought about by things they did to it and an inability to adjust to the current market. And if they did adjust to the current market you'd still likely have the Fantasy players that were left throwing a shit fit because both sides fielding 100+ models is no longer the center of attention.

>GW would not have canned Fantasy if it wasn't already suffering from problems brought about by things they did to it and an inability to adjust to the current market.

But GW never adjusts to the current market, they are still doing the exact same things they did before.

Hell, they are actually regressing in attitude towards the current market if you take their site into account.

>But GW never adjusts to the current market, they are still doing the exact same things they did before.

Open your eyes nigger, they've done literally everything they used to never do.

Discount on bundles.

Rapid, rapid fucking releases.

Actually canning WHFB.

Digital releases.

FACEBOOK AND SOCIAL MEDIA REOPENED.

Player input FAQs.

To say GW "never adjusts" and "still does the same shit" is the height of faggotry. You don't have to like GW, but right now you're full of shit than every single component of GW combined, including the faggot stockholders and the previous CEO.

Literally everything you just said is fucking temporary.

It's going to disappear in five fucking years and is never going to be seen again, or it's going to be dressed up as something it really isn't and they just bullshit their consumers the entire time it's in use afterwards.

>speculation and goalpost moving after caught being blatantly wrong

By adjust to the current market I meant make Fantasy similar in terms of army construction to 40k, which in of itself is seemingly pushing the boundaries of what a lot of other popular games are doing.

Warmachine, Hordes, Malifaux, Infinity, X-Wing, Frostgrave, these are all skirmish sized games who do not have rules which make constructing an army a time consuming chore. Fantasy was exactly that with its seemingly bloated points values that required the purchase of certain models to play and the rules giving a bonus to units composed of a large number of models.

It's pretty fucking bad that you didn't even attempt to refute any of their points.

I'm not into wargames in general. Not a fan of 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, or any GW stuff. But the impression I've gotten after Age of Sigmar is that far more people are upset than were actively supporting the thing it replaced.

I could be wrong, but I just have to wonder whether it wouldn't still around if all the people who hate AoS were still buying WFB things while they had the chance.

Oh it has a following, and that following is growing. It's growing out of the ashes of the old whfb community. The old whfb players cried and raged and rebelled, very vocally. So yes, far more WHFB players hated it rather than supported it.

But a new community of players are forming out of it for the new game, and it's only going to get bigger with the introduction of their competitive system in the summer.

The problem is people are searching for AoS success amongst the old whfb players and scenes, and are not finding it, leading to the misconception that the game is a failure. But they fail to see an entirely new community growing around it. It could probably be safely said that a very small percentage of AoS players switched over from whfb, and a majority of aos players are from other games or new gamers. This is what GW wanted, new blood.

In AoS General some user wrote what a redshirt told him, interpret what you will.

>any of their points

Except all those "points" were refuted at once -

GW has been universally recognised as a stupid, scummy little company with delusions of adequacy since @Y2k. Ergo, anyone claiming that their reverse Midas touch is actually nuanced business acumen so shrewd that mere mortals cannot grasp its fuckawesome scope is a delusional apologist. GW sucks at life and anything we ever liked about them that still exists is because of the firm's creative-types beavering away in the catacombs trying to slip some fun in under the radar once in a while. The upper management twits who make the Sigmar/ Finecast/ Keep Paying Thorpe-tier policy decisions are literally retards who were better put down at birth.

Sure, things change. But GW changes AT RANDOM - that's what they've "always done." They sincerely believe they can do no wrong because the power of their faggotry COMPELS autists like
to buy their shit, and that therefore conducting business like a real company is "otiose."

Here's a little wake-up call to all you GWIDF faggots:

If 40k gets squatted, it won't have anything to do with sales metrics or market trends or any other industry buzzwords. It'll be because some shitlord in an off-the-rack suit said, "Because fuck you, that's why."

So, when you hear that they're going to stop publishing the BRB to maintain the fiction that they're "not a game company, and never were" you'll know that the end is nigh - and it will have zero relation to anything you'd learn on econ 101.

bump

Cry more

None of that has to do with you being wrong. They also don't mean GW isn't a shit company, it just means you're full of shit for saying they don't do things they are literally doing.