Veeky Forums civilization thread

I tried to do it yesterday but I'm retarded and I did it at a time eveyone was sleeping. I tried to do it in /qst/ but there's too few people there, so I guess I'll try again.

Boom, woosh, space noises.
A wizard transported you and a bunch of other fa/tg/uys into a mysterious archipelago. You appear to be next to a creek, where leather tents have alredy been set. The lands around the rivers are relarively flat and grassy with some trees, with forests to the West and the Southeast. The river bifurcates, one side leading to a large lake, the other to an unknown location. Your group seems to be of about 50 people, of wich the overwhelming majority (maybe even all of them) are male. They have the clothes they had on before being transported here, although everything they were carrying seems to have disappeared in the teletransportation. The small cluster of tents appear to have some spears that could be used for either fishing or hunting, although the wildlife here is quite strange... Are those crab-like things in the water even edible? Weren't they exctinct?
The people is confused and scared. What is going on? What creatures can be lurking in this island? Will they ever return home? And most importantly: wat do?

Welp, I'm a bored newfag and decided to try and make my first civ game, so this could go either great or terribly. This is based on this dead setting I found on 1d4chan 1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Veeky Forums_Archipelago so this could also be either a good or a bad thing. But, since we are based in the Veeky Forums isle, we shouldn't be able to meet with the other boards yet.

>Population: 50
>Civilization: Crude. Leather tents and fishing spears, some of them stone-tipped, some just sharp sticks.
>Culture: Nearly none. Some fa/tg/uys mutter about the "Dice Gods", but that's about it.
>Technology: Stone age-ish, although the fa/tg/uys have 21st century knowledge.
You are settled in the black tent-like thing near the river shown on the map.
What should they do first?

Rolled 8 (1d100)

What should they do first?
In order:
Get a fire going
Gather some sharp rocks to cut wood and make tools
Scavenge for whatever is edible or eatable

>8/100
We're off to a good start!
>Start a fire
One of the fa/tg/uys tried to get a fire going, with enough bad luck that it got out of control and started burning the pre-made tents. As the people tried to turn off the fire, another fa/tg/uy tried to eat a frog he found, only to die instantly of poisoning. Some fa/tg/uys scream "THE DICE GODS HATE US!" at the top of their lungs while the rest tries desperately to put off the fire.
>You've lost all but two of your leather tents
>You've lost most of your spears
>Three fa/tg/uys have died

The noise seems to have attracted attention, as a scavenger claims to have seen people looking at him from the forest.

Rolled 50 (1d100)

Forget the fire, move away from it, but take a burning branch and get a real fire going. In a real fire pit.

Fuck the spears make fishing baskets and start setting them up in the river.

>50/100
Success!
The villagers move away from the burnt camp, carrying the surviving tents with them further south following the river.
After once again setting up camp, a fire pit is dug and the surviving spears are left for hunting and self-defense as they are replaced by fishing baskets.
Some of those weird crab-like things (who, some villagers pointed out, were called 'trilobites') were catched near the shore and cooked. Under their caparace, the trilobites have soft, succulent flesh that seems be safe for human consume.
The figures looking at your camp through the forest seem to have left.
>Food: Average.
>Shelter: Low. Two tents are not enough for 47 people.
>Population: 47

Rolled 26 (1d100)

Find a cave. A big one. Easiest place to turn into a bigger shelter.

Make sure it's cleared first.

>26/100
Faliure, but not crit fail.
Some villagers go out to find a more defendable place, taking the spears with them. As they venture south, they have to go around the lake's shore, as it's too dangerous to swim across the river itself. When they get into the forest, they start hearing noises, and soon enough, they are surrounded.
Not animals, but people. They are dressed in furs and they have stone-tipped spears and arrows. Eight of them, three of the women against four of your villagers. They don't look aggresive, though. They look scared, as if your villagers where monsters.
What should you do?
>Scare them away
>Attempt to communicate
>Attack
>Flee
>Other

Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>Attempt to communicate
Offer them fried fish

>1
Oh God.

One of the scouts offers some cooked trilobite to the primitive that appears to be the leader of the hunters. He looks at it for a second and terror, disgust and anger go across his face in a second before he screams, suprisingly, in English "THEY ATE WATER SPIRITS! THEY DIE NOW!"
Apparently trilobites were sacred to them.
>Attack
>Flee
>Try to scare them away
>Other

Rolled 83 (1d100)

>Flee

>83
Finally, luck.

The scouts manage to slip through the tribesmen, still following the lake's shore. The screaming savages were close behind, but when one of them got too close to the scouts, one hit with a wooden spear was enough to keep him at distance. The scouts managed to flee the primitives without casualities and without killing everyone and, soon enough, they found the end of the forest. They harvested some berries and went on. It was a grassy plain. Some trees here and there, but mostly empty. Some animals could be seen, especially some rodent-like animals (pic releted), but they were quick to escape the scouts.
They eventually found the river and followed it. The terrain kept getting steeper until they found some rocky hills and, as thought before, a large cave. From the distance, it seemed as it could be a safe place to make camp at, not too far from the river or the forest. Nightfall was coming and going back to camp would mean either go back through the forest or risking themselves and swimming through the river.
What should they do?
>Go to the cave
>Return through the forest
>Return through the river
>Something else

Also:
>Do something with the current camp

The cave is the little black "c" next to the river.

Forgot the map.

Go to the cave.

Natures pre-made settlement.

The scouts venture into the cave. It's safe enough to spend the night there, but they'll eventually have to return to the old camp to tell the rest about the cave.

>Meanwhile, at the camp

More primitives stalk the villagers from the forests, and some fishing baskets have disappeared, although nobody has been injured yet.
What to do?

Rolled 31 (1d100)

Build a crude treehouse watchtower.

>31
Faliure.
Some villagers try to build a watchtower in a tree. While he's building, the primitives attacked him and destroyed the tower. The builder managed to escape, but the savages wounded him and one of the primitives got hit in the head with a wooden plank and got knocked unconcious. The raiders left her for dead and escaped.

>pic releted

How is it related?

I think I wrote something about those animals in the post I quoted and forgot to put the picture.

Should I move this to /qst/? I think that most people that were interested in civ games and stuff left there.

Rolled 15 (1d100)

More spears. We need more spears. and walls