Android Netrunner General - /anrg/

>Question of the day:
What is Legend of the Five Rings and why does it keep kill out threads?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
teamcovenant.com/blog/category/netrunner-lcg/
cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/android-netrunner
stimhack.com/

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ANRBadPublicity
youtube.com/user/ANRBlackHats
youtube.com/user/cjfm27
youtube.com/user/TheJacksonHoward
youtube.com/channel/UCQ7hPuO4R15t0qAKnjFi-Iw
youtube.com/channel/UCPhQKKX1XHTNPO_PCQZiyUQ
youtube.com/user/dodgepong
youtube.com/user/TeamworkCast
youtube.com/user/Willingdone
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Videocasts:
youtube.com/user/ANRBadPublicity
youtube.com/user/ANRBlackHats
youtube.com/user/cjfm27 (Hidden Assets)
youtube.com/user/TheJacksonHoward
youtube.com/channel/UCQ7hPuO4R15t0qAKnjFi-Iw (Metropole Grid)
youtube.com/channel/UCPhQKKX1XHTNPO_PCQZiyUQ (Neoreading grid)
youtube.com/user/dodgepong (PeachHack)
youtube.com/user/TeamworkCast
youtube.com/user/Willingdone

Meme thread?

Guess this game really is dead...

Lukas killed it when he discovered he was being relieved from his position as lead designer.

who is this tabletop playan' fluid druid, this card shufflin' male reproductive organ gorgan, this deck teasan' spunk courtesan!?

Ya this final cycle of his does seem kind of like a massive "fuck you" to the competitive meta.

Even the casual meta is shit too since Jinteki.net and Dan has turned the entire community into toxic net deckers.

Why do you insist on hitting my L5R filter? I get all excited, since Veeky Forums rarely ever talks about it, and then it turns out that Veeky Forums is still not talking about it. It makes me sad.

Can you explain what it is to me? It killed our last 2 threads and I don't understand the hype for it.

L5R is an older game that used to be a CCG and RPG.
Fantasy Flight bought the entire IP from its previous owner (Completely out of the blue at a con. They literally approached their booth and told the manager their that they wanted to buy it and had the cash on hand right there.)
So now the CCG is dead (I don't care really, but some people do), and the RPG is on hiatus until they release their new LCG next year.
It's a big franchise with a lot of fans. The general gist I've gotten is that most of us are hopeful for the LCG, since FFG doesn't usually fuck those up, and apprehensive about the RPG, since they might gut its perfectly good system in favor of their special dice.
Nobody knows about where the story is going, since it was getting pretty retarded and FFG hasn't said if they're going to take it in another direction, keep going, or reboot it.

>Fantasy Flight bought the entire IP from its previous owner (Completely out of the blue at a con. They literally approached their booth and told the manager their that they wanted to buy it and had the cash on hand right there.)

This has to be bullshit. Companies do not work like this.

No, that's what happened. They started at a con table and had a deal worked out between the relevant executives within a couple days. AEG's L5R teams were suddenly tasked to other projects and FFG's team suddenly got a new game to make.
It was sudden and very strange for everyone involved. There was no warning for fans, either, just "lol, we sold it" on one side and "Hey, we own it now, new LCG next year!" on the other.

link to source?

The source that shows it was started at a con table was a couple of twitter feeds that I can't seem to find. One from a brand manager and the other from the guy who offered the deal at the start. They both basically said the same thing though.

This was a rumor I started when I was trolling the L5R thread after the announcement.

No, there was actually a twitter feed.
You are literally incapable of not lying when that trip is on and everyone knows it.

The fell story I came up with was they there was a meeting with CCP about the rights to World of Darkness going on at the same convention (CCP still owned them at the time). Christian got so pissed over CCP wanting so much for the then worthless WoD IP that he matched over to the AEG booth and gave them a cash offer.

100% fabricated story that gave my posts the flair they needed to get people rolling with my "insight" into the design FFG planned for the game. It was a fairly fun set of threads, many of the people from /ANG/ joined and and played along to keep it rolling.

Those threads were amazing

Thank you. Always happen when people enjoy my art.

>It was sudden and very strange for everyone involved. There was no warning for fans, either, just "lol, we sold it"

The great thing was that they had been hyping up a new edition for months that is now never going to happen.

L5R CCG's claim to fame was that the storyline was actively advanced by the playerbase. Like, if you won a tournament with a deck revolving around using a particular character, that character would get an upgraded version of his card in the next set to represent his promotions, that sort of thing.

For example, the Akodo Dojo was the most prestigious samurai school in the setting, and had belonged to the Lion Clan since the game came out. In one of the last tournaments, it was captured by the Crane Clan, and presumably would have changed how the Crane's military tactics went forward in the next edition.

Onyx Edition was shaping up to be the "biggest edition yet" with one of the evil factions taking over the empire. Civil wars within factions were about to break out, new pacts with gods were being forged, and all of that was being directly chosen by the player base. It was up to the Lion Clan players whether they would keep to their "right hand of the Emperor" schtick even with a new evil emperor, or whether they would rebel and serve the memory of the previous empire instead. It was going to be up to the Spider Clan whether they started acting more civilized in accordance with their new status as rulers, or whether they were going to keep all their monsters and descend the Empire into anarchy.

It was bitter and controversial and now that edition is never going to come out.

>
Onyx Edition was shaping up to be the "biggest edition yet" with one of the evil factions taking over the empire. Civil wars within factions were about to break out, new pacts with gods were being forged, and all of that was being directly chosen by the player base. It was up to the Lion Clan players whether they would keep to their "right hand of the Emperor" schtick even with a new evil emperor, or whether they would rebel and serve the memory of the previous empire instead. It was going to be up to the Spider Clan whether they started acting more civilized in accordance with their new status as rulers, or whether they were going to keep all their monsters and descend the Empire into anarchy

FFG already confirmed they are keeping this as the starting point for the first cycle.

Source? It's not a bad idea on their part, since they wouldn't want to alienate the pre-existing fanbase of the IP they acquired.

It was in a podcast with Damon Stone and Nate French (Tho are leading the design team as duo). Nate kind of went over their plans for the story stuff they are planning. I'd have to dig it up, it was some L5R podcast I say on the Sun and Moon facebook group.

That would actually be one of the worst options if they didn't want to alienate the fanbase. The fanbase almost universally despised the way they were going forward with it. Even the Spider players (The Spider being a faction that got tremendous amounts of executive babysitting) didn't want it, because it basically meant they would go back to being the generic badguys again, rather than subversive douchebags. The old horde players from back then are long gone and don't want this piddly little half-baked return of it. The other clans were all shafted hard, in game and out. The rewards for some of the last tournaments basically boiled down to choosing exactly how the Spider fucked your clan over.
A better option would be to make the core set era agnostic and then add timeline stuff in. There's a sort of status quo in the setting that would be perfect for an LCG core set, and that's basically pre-Scorpion coup + spider in their original form as infiltrators. It gets all the major factions in at something resembling their peak and none of them are wildly out of character.

Yeah, I quit a while ago, I just don't even like the way you have to play the game anymore. I'm just in the process of selling my collection to buy the L5R LCG when it comes out.

Ya the game is just unfun to play if you are playing to win at this point. All the "good" decks have near zero interaction and are just about playing solitaire and getting your combo first.

Nice, I didn't have 1.0

You ever think we'll see a 3.0 bioroid?

So what 3 clicks to break up-to 3 Subs?

World of Android worth it?

Wait, so is this netrunner's equivalent of combo winter?

True, I wonder what the parasucker and Astro of the L5R LCG will be?

If you want a RPG setting book with no rules system it is.

Yeah pretty much, one of the preferred combos is basically dragging the game out near infinitely until the runner dies

Yep and the only counters to it are all packed in a single faction. So it is a super tiny controlled meta of like 2 decks on each side.

bump

Turns out Snares are good against Faust in Glacier.
:^)

What the fuck is up with the Democracy and Dogma assets? IG is going to be so damned annoying to play against.

This is what making ICE useless did to the game, welcome to asset spam. They fucked up the game with FaustPankcakes and ICE destruction and now the solution is asset spam.

I won't even be able to run on everything they put down or trash them, because it will be just tutored back up from hell. Might aswell just roll over.

/rage

I also already got Salsette Island at least, but I think not even Slums whizzard with scrubber is going to be able to keep up with this much spam.

Also no new cycle or big box announced, cause FFG is working on that damned pseudo asian fantasy shit, which has even less appeal to people who weren't born in the 80's than magic does, SO GOOD FUCKING JOB FFG THIS FUCKING META IS GOING TO LAST FOREVER

Damn, you're angry.

>implying now is not Kim's time to dominate

Jeeves enables such mad Operation spam (subliminal also really helps) that Kim may see some resurgence, but the builds emerging are Fast as fuck

Damn son, calm down

Quesion: How any ice/operations should Haarpsichord Asset Spam, Shell Game deck play?

*many

Only as many as you need.

>MFW Dan calls this the best Netrunner has ever been.

"Anyone who complains about the current Meta needs to just quit the game. There is no place for low skill losers and complainers in this game. Netrunner as better then it has ever been and only gets better with each pack. Nothing is wrong with the game, just play better!" - Dan D'Argenio

This showed up on the Netrunner Facebook group he is in the other day.

Fuck this community...
Can we go back to being /L5RG/ at least was interesting.

It's not the whole community that's like this. Not even the majority. Don't let the bad eggs spoil it for you.

Let FFGs design decisions do that.

He's right. Game has only been improving the more packs are out. It sucks that a card like Museum of History is out, literally stripping out the time limit factor for the Corps, making it possible to play forever.
And now we have Equality through Freedom to counter GFI shit.

Is it worth it to get into a Netrunner now as a newcomer? It seems like the community is very experienced and theres a zillion cards now. I don't know where to begin.

It is mostly just Lukas being an awful silver bullet fan boy. He is a bad designer that tried to cover up his inability to balance cards by just making silver bullets.

Not really worth doing right now. The game is going to die next year when the first 2 cycles rotate out and L5R hits at the same time.

>Thinking that MoH is at all the problem with the meta...
You are the people Dan is talking about who needs to leave the game.

The rotation of the first two cycles happens in about a year, so if you do get into it, get the deluxe boxes first.

That said if you want to play now you need the first two cycles since they are filled to the brim with power cards.

Yes, though the "try before you buy" may be stronger than ever right now.

If you want to get into the game just play a bit on Jinteki.net and see if you can stand the awful meta and toxic community.

Kaja from StarlitCitadel on YouTube

She also owns the Starlit Citadel, it is a girls only board game store.

>girls only
???

Men are banned from her store. It is a girl gamer "safe space"

I'm not sure I believe you from an economic point of view.

I am strangely ok with this. Either she get's too little business and goes bankrupt, or attracts the sort of clientele that I'd rather not meet in my own store. Either way, I benefit.

As a newcomer myself, I got overwhelmed by the amount of cards available too. My advice would be to first try it out within your gaming group with a single core set. Once you want a bit more options for building your decks, you can try playing on Jinteki (with your gaming group, not randoms) or proxy newer cards to try them out. Only after you're really sure of the cards you want should you purchase the expansions that they are in. Try and negotiate to share the costs with others too.

Joining a local (or online) Netrunner community may or may not be a good idea, they usually have boat loads more experience under their belt and can give good advice, but the high number of losses you experience as you try to catch up with your single core set and intaking as much info as you quickly can about new cards, strategies, deck building, etc. can be very discouraging. It can be pretty hard to tell whether you lost because you did mistakes during play, a flaw in the deck that you built, or the opponent's deck was just a bad match up to yours.

On the flip side though, core set cards are still pretty usable, so you can still give a player whose deck is compiled from cards across 6 cycles a run for their money.

Ah, here we are. Now I hate to go all internet detective on you but it only took a few minutes to grab these from their Facebook page.

Those are all transwomen. They identify as women so not allowing them in is a hate crime.

>internet detective

Though he probably is full of shit

I never said MoH is a problem with the meta. I complain about MoH the same way I complained at the time about GFI. Both cards breaks the two biggest assumptions in the game:

First, that you can win by scoring agendas.
Second, that you can win by letting the Corp mill himself if he doesn't score or flatline you.

The first problem unbalances the game to the Corp favour just by including the card in the deck. Suddenly there's no 20 agendas points in the deck, there's only 17. Or if you're playing a 44 deck, you have just 15.

The second problem runs deeper, letting the Corp deck go on forever which led to the situation we are in now, since they no longer have a time limit, they can just turn that clock on to the Runner and wait for him to flatline.

Both are interesting on how a game changes, but you're no longer playing the same game.

The Corp is not even the broken side right now.
Professor's Toolbox is the most broken deck in the game. Once rebirth comes out he will be even worse.

Dumblefork kills almost any deck it faces with zero skill.

Noise is broken as ever.

Andy rush is even good in this meta.

The problems you are talking about only stim from Runners being so broken that only one style of deck even has a chance to win Corp side.

I hate this guy so much, typical "That Guy".

He probably can't even enjoy playing. Always choosing the optimum moves and making everything boring.

We hear and understand your frustration with the game guys. But don't worry there will be a big announcement Monday that will change and fix most the issues you are having.

Haha. I don't believe you for a second.

If is real then it is likely just the new cycle announcement.

Hell, I'd be happy even if they just announce the release of the books.

That won't really fix anything.
New cards actually coming out might, but even that is unlikely.

Well the only other options is a updated MWL (maybe with right out bans) or a them pushing rotation up (Might happen since at this rate we won't see the 8th cycle in 2017).

>them pushing rotation up (Might happen since at this rate we won't see the 8th cycle in 2017)

I can maybe see that. I mean we are not even at the end of the 5th cycle and the 6th cycle won't be starting till Worlds. So come this time next year we will be maybe seeing the end of 6th cycle and maybe 7th cycle at Gencon 2017.

An updated MWL is the most likely thing to fix anything any time soon, or even attempt to.

OP is still a troll.

What changes do people think will have the most effect on a new MWL?

Tossing David on the list maybe?

I am thinking add Faust, Dav1d, Vamp, and Account Siphon to the runner side. Maybe Shock on the Corp side?

Vamp and AS are fine, D4V1D must go.

nice quads what's wrong with d4v1d?

It + any recursion make big ICE irrelevant. absolutely irrelevant. And it cannot be played around, because no 4 STR ICE are taxing enough for Faust.

And then you throw in the Cutlery suite...

Yeah, the worst strength 4 in the game for Faust is what, Ichi 1.0?
Ashigaru and lolTyrant can be worse to get through I suppose, but they don't hurt to hit and 4 isn't that long to parasite

Ashigaru + Himitsu Bako cane force an extra lady counter which is nice

The problem with cutlery events, for me at least, is that using them don't have any real repercussions for the runner. They are Anarch cards but they don't feel like it. They should deal some damage to the runner also or give tags or something. ICE destruction should be hard, derezzing easy.

Yeah - I get that they're meant to be used with Eater, but really there's just not a big enough downside, especially when compared to derez effect

I'd like it a lot more if they also prevented access and replacement effects

I thought she eased off on that to do her self defense/knife shit?

Most of the current Anarch stuff works much better if you look at is as being used with Eater in place of their other broken "breakers"

There's exactly one 3.0 Bioroid.

Turing.

So how's everyone enjoying the new decks?

Rin seems very powerful I hope it evens out as people learn to shift

I have just been playing Professor lately. My win rate if you don't count sideways bullshit is fairly good.

Is the professor some custom Phoenixborn? I'm only talking about officially released things here

I think you have the wrong thread. The is Android Netrunner.

Oh I thought this was a general for dead / dying LCGs

>Phoenixborn
Ironically Phoenixborn is way more popular at my FLGS then Netrunner is. People love that dice shit.

Are you hype? I am hype!

>Shitty weeaboo LCG

I'm not even lying when I say I'd rather FFG bought up Weiss Scwarz instead

>Weiss Scwarz
Such a trash game. It is the same fucking rule set as all the other fucking Japanese CCGs.

Also L5R is not weeaboo in anyway really...

That said I wish they picked up the old Vampire: The Eternal Struggle so they'd own more Richard Garfield games then WotC. That or the old City of Heroes CCG, that shit was baller.

V:TES would have been fucking rad