Tundra civ thread ep.50 - after the uprisings

Check out the pastebin for story, technologies, stats etc.
pastebin.com/t7gWa2pa
And an archive of ALL previous threads if you want to skim through some of them.

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.tg/subject/Civ/username/Civ bulgar/page/1/

Previously, on tundra civ:
A dark chapter in our history was written - in the first month of 1076 AE(After Exile) the killing of several anti-government protesters in the kafi lands by a military officer sparked the beginning of a kafi uprising, which turned into a holy war for these subjects of the White Republic. As an answer the Kafi Extermination order was approved, yet the rebels persisted until anhilation. The news of the violent surpression of this rebellion spread to other non-white provinces and caused massive riots. Refusal to bow down to the demands of the rioters led to more conflict, a large-scale revolution throughout the provinces that lasted for nearly two years before being crushed by the military.
While the material damages of these uprisings will be restored in a matter of years, the political effects will last far longer.

>Population:70 000 000 (72% white, 11 % chink,1% kafi, 1% hibibi, 2 % pajit, 2% darkskin,7% ramki,4% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 12 500 000 Eyerdar 4 200 000 Veita 4 100 000 Ocras

>Economy:6/10
>Food stockpiles:6/10
>Food production: 7/10
>Political Stability: 5/10

>A.Exploration
>B.Food production & Population growth
>C.Improve religion/culture
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_6TcxLFtc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Home continent of Aymsland was where the uprisings took place. Over two million non-white casualties have been confirmed, troops are still stationed in the provinces and vassal states to oversee restoration of order.

Hundreds of thousands of people from subjugated races have migrated to Eyerdar, where the NPU promises a new life and freedom for all.

G.

We need scarier military tech to stay politically safe.

NPU is this universe version of the USA isn't it

The Kaichou have pushed the aboriginal darkskins deeper into the arid lands of Veita, while our colonists have settled along the colder, southern shores as well.

Smuggle the aboriginals high-caliber military tech with anti-Kaichou propaganda.

>F.Improve Military
Stronger civil Militia used as guards and proper police is needed, we require them to have revolvers like SAA and proper protections.
Also have you seen the news bulgar? our kafi revolt may have been a meme magic source for the recent incursion by sunni IRL in the green zone in Baghdad.

I saw that too why did it happen

I didn't hear about this.

More?

The smallest continent, Ocras, is also becoming perhaps the most prosperous, fueled by its vast mineral wealth and its detachment from conflicts elsewhere.
Huh, I'll check into that. It'd be interesting if we can channel meme magic here.

theory 1:
our rolls were so bad they transcend dimension and cause revolt in ethnics similar in other dimensions as well.
Theory 2:
they wanted to go their parliament and the US embassy and other such infrastructures to see if there's what they consider haram going on in there, also destroying walls/buildings is part of their culture.
anyway won't talk about it here too much, the discussion kinda belongs to /pol/, saw it on "Russian today".
youtube.com/watch?v=K_6TcxLFtc4

I'm in agreement with this

We've improved our professional police force, giving them better training(new police academies) and equipment. While professional police are primarily concentrated in urban areas, civil militias in rural regions act as guards and law enforcements in the absence of police. The military-industrial complex we established is producing large amounts of firearms and the equipment of our militias and law enforcement has improved.
A new matter has appeared before the Council today:
The Sigbru government in Pashawan has requested that the vassal sigbru state be granted the territories on the southern side of the sigbru/pajit border river. The territory between Stupni and Pusni is fertile and primarily populated by pajit - these settlements were heavily involved in the recent uprisings and their population has now rapidly decreased. The Sigbru population has grown to nearly two million and their current territories are unable to sustain them. They argue that the proposed annexation would be best for both parties, as they could have more living space and we wouldn't have to worry about administering this troublesome region.
A.Approve Sigbru expansion
B.Reject

>C.Propose to administrate working permits and to supply them with food, at the price of some of the raw resources on their territory, claim as well the fact that we will work toward stabilizing this region before we are to give it to them.

A

actually I'm changing my vote to this

This territory would include part of the vassal Core State, but they are in no position to negotiate, having taken part in the recent uprisings.
Other propositions can also be made.

Hm....what kind of administrative work permits and trade agreements are being negotiated?

did you delete yourself bulgar, or is this the Veeky Forums to /qst/ purge?

Fuck me, that post was just wrong. I slipped up there.
We've implemented a mandate of 8 years of gradual administrative changes. Sigbru workers have been issued working permits to begin setting up farming lands south of the current border. Sigbru lands are well suited for cotton production and we've agreed to a significant lowering of prices for cotton, used to fuel Riverhold's well-developed textile industry.
The economy is gradually recovering from the uprisings now.

>Population:70 000 000 (72% white, 11 % chink,1% kafi, 1% hibibi, 2 % pajit, 2% darkskin,7% ramki,4% pacharnati)

>Economy:7/10
>Food stockpiles:7/10
>Food production: 7810

>Population:70 600 000 (72% white, 11 % chink,1% kafi, 1% hibibi, 2 % pajit, 2% darkskin,7% ramki,4% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 12 600 000 Eyerdar 4 300 000 Veita 4 300 000 Ocras

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

>Economy:7/10
>Food stockpiles:7/10
>Food production: 7810

>Population:70 600 000 (72% white, 11 % chink,1% kafi, 1% hibibi, 2 % pajit, 2% darkskin,7% ramki,4% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 12 600 000 Eyerdar 4 300 000 Veita 4 300 000 Ocras

You're drunk Bulgar?
either-way
>G.Research science
electricity and water systems will allow us to gain the public support, we need military tech as well. we mustn't fall behind.

>L.Government and laws
I propose we set up a government reconstruction initiative to improve the stability of the nation and our vassals and restore some of the minorities faith in the government.

>G.Research science
Get that public support
Hey Obelix

Sup inky go to have you here, we're back on good numbers in economy and food, political stability is iffy, but laws and purges won't solve it, we need more tech to have more secrete authority, anti-corruption and psyops measures to implement.
Also here's something to think about, do we attack the New pajit Union:
For
>on a desert, might have petrol
>the spires likely still lurk there
>destroying the Union of all our old enemies
Against
>logistics will be hell right now because we only have steamboats
>might cause our annexed land to revolt
what do you guys think?

I don't think attacking them right now it a good idea. It's going to be like American against the British, the best thing we can do it bulid up our colonies, to defense if we'll going to be attacked.

If it comes to war, we have a huge navy so, we can try to straved them out. While our colonies will defence.
If we try to attacked most likely fight to the last men if since the recent revolts that had happened.

Until the kafi massacres image dies down in the minds of all the other people I don't think its wise to launch any offensive war.

In various fields, our latest technological advancements:
>Military - breech-loaded guns - new field artillery, rifles and revolvers
>Navy - ironclad steam warships
>Mechanization - interchangable parts, machine tools - this area has lagged behind with heavy government involvement in manufacturing and relatively little attention paid to it, material input efficiency hasn't been a priority due to the abundant resources we have
>Power - steam turbines have greatly improved the steam engine's capabilties, useful in all fields. Electric engineering has produced its first useful application, the telegraph
>Chemistry - kerosene fuel for lightning, synthetic dyes and artificial fertilizers
Where should the government direct its attention to in particular?

Note - this is what has been done already. Pick one or two areas to focus on now.

>Mechanization - interchangable parts, machine tools - this area has lagged behind with heavy government involvement in manufacturing and relatively little attention paid to it, material input efficiency hasn't been a priority due to the abundant resources we have

>Power - steam turbines have greatly improved the steam engine's capabilties, useful in all fields. Electric engineering has produced its first useful application, the telegraph
We need the electric lamps and radios, the Radio will allow us to gain global support.
>Chemistry - kerosene fuel for lightning, synthetic dyes and artificial fertilizers
Chemical warfare soon, we'll need grenades also and Medical advances will make sure the people will be more calm.

Also our empire has no opium and other drugs right? because we need to make sure it stays that way

>>Mechanization - interchangable parts, machine tools - this area has lagged behind with heavy government involvement in manufacturing and relatively little attention paid to it, material input efficiency hasn't been a priority due to the abundant resources we have

Power, let's go hydro electric, we have tons of rivers to do it with on all continents.

Tea is a major product in the upper grand river valley, a specialty of the goran that we've adopted. Coffee, cocoa, tobacco and sugar were native to the Lake-sea area and have since been spread and cultivated elsewhere in our republic as well.
Various opiates are known and registered - the Barniju Spice Islands and parts of Aymsland's southeast produce such products. We have no legislature that handles any substance use, eastern opiates are a luxury with limited popularity outside of its native areas.

We'll rely a lot on coal power early on as well, but by researching chemistry i hope we'll get closer to researching nuclear power that way as well, it's well suited to lands with lots of rivers like our, and we likely have some Uranium in our colonies or in our land.
but early on, hydro and coal will do.

Advances in electrical engineering have produced the first electrical generators, providing direct-current electrical power. This technology is still in its initial phases of development, the first electric lamps have appeared in Victory city, home of a great inventor from the local university, Professor Karius.
Kerosene as a fuel for lightning has so far been primarily created by refining coal. Recent advancements have allowed the distillment of kerosene from a variety of materials, including petrolium - the first large oil well has been constructed by a private enterpreneur near Swamprice. Mr. Sittars, owner of this oil well, is seeing his fortune rise at great speeds and has already begun expanding his operations around Swamprice, where his first oil refinery is located - a milestone of private enterprise!
In other news, the native tribes of Eyerdar have almost completely been conquered by pajit and kaichou colonists. The larger part of the transcontinental Kaichou-Chink railroad has also been completed, greatly boosting the economies of those two nations.
The delay was part reading up on the history of electrical engineering, petroleum and drawing the map

>Population:72 000 000 (72% white, 11 % chink,1% kafi, 1% hibibi, 2 % pajit, 2% darkskin,7% ramki,4% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 13 000 000 Eyerdar 4 500 000 Veita 4 600 000 Ocras

>Economy:8/10
>Food stockpiles:8/10
>Food production: 8/10
>Political Stability: 6/10

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

L

>I.Improve economy
time to build our National Oil wells and to build our Electrical network and first hydro-generator, coal generators

Agreed we can put these wells to use fueling our lndustry

This, got to have a grid, or series of grids per continent or region.

This

>L

with all this money we'll be able to give more fund to our research centers and our secret military research base, that will also be used for our most secretive military forces.We will also enforce a higher competitivity on our market by making people pay low prices ensuring that our privatized competitor make people pay a fair price that will profit our nation.

The beginning of a second Industrial Revolution?

Currently both the petroleum and electrical developments are successful private ventures in their early stages.
Professor Karius' electrical generators have begun to gather interest and he has begun commercial operations in Victory City as founder of Karius Electrics - he provides electrical lightning for over 100 buildings by now and his operations are expanding at great speed.
Sittars Petroleum is a private company, based in Swamprice, Aymsland. It has one refinery and several oil wells in the swampy region of the Corelands. Petroleum products are finding more and more use and Mr. Sittars' fortunes are growing with every month.
Economists argue that these private enterpreneurs have proven that government's involvement in economic and innovative matters should be minimized. These are the technologies of the future and if the government could get its hands on it, we'd gain a lot of...power.
Our current economic model is of a mixed economy - while the primary economic sector - agriculture and raw materials - is mostly private-owned, manufacturing is where the government is heavily involved - private factories exist, of course, but our government either owns shares in much of the secondary sector. Infrastructure is also government-dominated, with a monopoly on rail transport and large involvement in telegraph communication.
A.Let the free market take off on its own, now that we've helped lay the foundations of industry - given economic freedom, these enterpreneurs will have initiative and develop rapidly
B.Keep a mixed economic model, sign agreements with the new electrical and petroleum companies to help them develop their bases, while we use the technology for national development and keep a sizable part of the profits for the Treasury
C.Nationalise these new industries, government shall have a full monopoly - offer the inventors big rewards and government positions, but in the end everything will be owned by us

>B.Keep a mixed economic model, sign agreements with the new electrical and petroleum companies to help them develop their bases, while we use the technology for national development and keep a sizable part of the profits for the Treasury
Let's have nationalized industry and private industry in the same room this lead to good results:
>if the private industry overprice the nationalized industry take their market share therefore the private industry don't overprice
>if the nationalized industry is inefficient/corrupt they'll lose market-shares or their jobs therefore nationalized industry will try to stay productive and competitive
This is the best choice for our people.

B

B. national and private competing against eachother sounds good.

B

B

We shall continue and expand upon our Mixed economic model, with National and Private industries competing against each other.
The rotary printing press, an invention that has spread in the last 20 years, has now made the printing industry more efficient. Books are cheaper than ever before and newspapers are gaining more popularity. Currently the government owns one newspaper brand and many free news publishing agencies exist through the republic. Our Charter of Laws guarantees freedom of speech and freedom of press.
The latest headlines herald the coming of a Second Industrial Revolution with the many new inventions and new industries that are springing up. Electric grids have been set up through the Corelands, while several new oil deposits have been located - 2 new private petroleum companies have been registered, while the government has also begun drilling and refining operations near Peacetrek.
The 8-year mandate of the pajit border area has ended and the territory between Stupni and Lebni has been annexed by the Sigbru Kingdom.
>Population:74 000 000 (73% white, 11 % chink,1% kafi, 1% hibibi, 2 % pajit, 2% darkskin,6% ramki,4% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 13 400 000 Eyerdar 4 800 000 Veita 4 900 000 Ocras

>Economy:9/10
>Political Stability: 7/10

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

L

>G.Research science
we've got to take mechanization and military tech now, it will make us cross into pre-WW1 era

J. lets improve the other continents, like ocras. improve production and exploitation of resources, more rail lines and ports, maybe even lay transoceanic cables for over seas comms?

G. Caterpillar tracks.

>L

G

Hi Inky, do you have that flag that you and Prassel made a while ago? I brought it up yesterday and I'm wondering if you have it.

L

No man, me and him made lot of flags that thread. I don't recall if we even picked a flag. But what I know we both semi agree that the flag is semi similar to the British flag with different colors and a eagle in there somewhere.

Also I'm on my phone and the flags I've saved are in my computer.

I remember it being somewhat like the German flag. It was Black, Orange and Gold in horizontal tricolor pattern. Then it had a white eagle on it. I do remember a Union Jack with those same colors being proposed but I think that the Tricolor with an eagle was chosen as the final one.

L

after a lot of ctrl+F i found it
also this search with so many false positives, just gave a new meaning to the expression False flag.

On the flag, I don't like the Orange, I like it Blue instand since we started in the Tundra. But that's just me.

That's the one. I remember helping to make it by suggesting stuff like an eagle akin to medieval heraldry combined a simplistic tricolor.

>G.Research science

After this we need economic improvements, all our lands need railroads and shit!

Advancements in science have led to semi-automatization in factories - electric machinery is being introduced, superior machine tools are employed. Many factories now have gas lighting, increasing possible work hours. A variety of other mechanical inventions are being introduced, as well as some new agricultural technologies like new drying methods, which have increased production of some cash crops like coffee and tea.
>Population:75 000 000 (73% white, 11 % chink,1% kafi, 1% hibibi, 2 % pajit, 2% darkskin,6% ramki,4% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 13 500 000 Eyerdar 4 900 000 Veita 5 000 000 Ocras

>Political Stability: 7/10

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

Flag proposals for all nations are welcome!
Some considerations: The cross doesn't have as much meaning in this world as a symbol as it does in ours.
Proposals for symbols that can be incorporated into our flag - the four elements, astral bodies(sun, moon, stars), cold, northern colours.
Also for other nations
>The Sunset Alliance - something something dragon something something river
>Kaichou Empire - it's a highly hierarchal and militaristic society, something simple, but meaningful, possibly linked to the worship of the God-Emperor
>The NPU - something something freedom and opportunity in a new land

A. we found the final spire, but have we found our supposed ancestral lands? where we originally came from?

>F.Improve Military
It could be good but you should take a blue closer to the national blue used in most flags.

>G.Research science

L

G.

I could imagine using the flag of Bhutan but recolored for SSA.

this

or keep the dragon but instead in the background use the Scottish flags pattern for color using yellow lines and mostly orange.

A

switching to
>G.Research science

Here is the NPC Flag, since they are getting help from the Nose.

Perfect the Goyims will never notice.

I like it but there's something we must consider about it. Do the Pajit have loos and more importantly do they use them.

Good Goy, the Goyims will not see this coming.

Rolled 32 (1d100)

The focus of of military technology in the last three decades has been increasing the rate of fire.
Military engineers have designed a "Battery gun" - a rapid-fire weapon centered on a cyclic multi-barrel design which facilitated cooling and synchronized the firing-reloading sequence. Each barrel fired a single shot when it reached a certain point in the cycle, after which it ejected the spent cartridge, loaded a new round, and, in the process, allowed the barrel to cool somewhat. This configuration allowed higher rates of fire to be achieved without the barrels overheating.
This weapon has been accepted by our armed forces, but is still more of a curiosity as some old-guard officers are skeptical of its uses, particulary critical of its range and mobility.

Rolling for internal development

for the kaichou i'm thinking a pink and gray flag with the greenland's flag patern.
>Rolled 32 (1d100)
the world is kindda pissed at us for being so good.

Here a flag

> Breech loading cannons
> motor engines
> steel forging
> Rapid fire weapons

All we're missing are tracks. We're almost there

turned out really well with pink and red, good job Inky.

Thanks M8
Easiest Map I made.

We also lack riveting or welding to allow for the creation of tanks.

We already have ironclad warships. I would think that we would have the capability to rivet and weld for tanks.

"Ironclad" not iron-hulled. They have plates of metal layered on to wood. For the purposes we want this would not work unless you want to have a tank with a wooden frame or with a series of complex metal parts to hold the plates.

The general shape seems good, but maybe make it a sun, add rays of light, it seems just a bit too plain.
The Republic's politics have over time evolved into two "wings" (coming from the placement of the two large opposing political movements from the PM's POV in the Great Council Hall) - the liberals on the left, who value freedom of enterprise, expression and were behind the extention of citizenship to the chinks, and the conservatives on the right, who value government involvement in the economy, military expansion, religious traditions and a more hawkish foreign policy.
Societal inequality in the White Republic generally seperates a Lower, Middle and Upper Class by income and profession.
Many in the lower class feel disenfranchised, disconnected from the workings of the government. They see the middle and upper class living a far better life and although the workers have also increased their standart of living in the past 100 years, there is a general sence of inequality and unjustice. There are no labor laws that set conditions in the mines, factories and fields - slavery is not a formally abolished practice(though it is extremely rare in our lands).
While the conservatives are seen as representing the upper class, the liberals - the middle class, political thinkers have created the theory of socialism - politics that many in the lower class regard as representing them.
There is great clamor for social reform in our lands as socialism is gaining followers among the lower and middle class.

>Population:76 000 000 (74% white, 11 % chink,1% kafi, 1% hibibi, 2 % pajit, 2% darkskin,5% ramki,4% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 13 700 000 Eyerdar
5 000 000 Veita 5 100 000 Ocras

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

>socialism

fuck

L

uh oh, time to nip this socialism in the bud. i think we have two ways to do this:
1) through religion and culture, having our faith bind us and begin to shape peoples view of poverty and lower classes and necessary, but nothing to be ashamed of.
2) education and personal enterprise and travel to fill voids in markets in other places.

were never going to get rid of poverty but we can help undo the sentiment of being disenfranchised somewhat through social mobility and protections for lowerclass and poverished area/people.

in short: L

L we need labor laws

we need to promote meritocracy self improvement making sure that the upper class isn't squeezing wealth out of the lower class do not let socialism get a foothold

The response to give is Easy
>Free mandatory education
>Labor safety law
>Strong self made man myth usage in our culture
>The implementation of a system in our nationalized industry that encourage work and effort instead of wealth.
Either L or C take a path to solve this issue, i think C is wiser because regulation is expensive and free education is necessary anyway.

G. Research the remaining components to construct tanks. I wanna see a pinko try and sieze parliament against 20 tonnes of metal and guns