Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Legions without Primarch rules edition, Old Thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

www94.zippyshare.com/v/isMf6G1B/file.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mdOm7TFL_pY
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Black_Crusade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for best legion
>pic related

SIEZE THE THREAD

What do you think is worse? Having your primarch die or your primarch completing isolating himself and not seeing any of his sons for thousands of years?

>A grainy image beamed from the lens, monochrome green like watered-down jade. It showed… 'The Lord of the Night…' breathed Talos reverently. It showed a hunched figure, its posture and musculature somewhere between human perfection and bestial corruption. The distortion stole too much clarity to make any true details, but the figure's face - his narrow eyes and fanged maw - smote the hearts of all bearing witness to it. Primarch. Konrad Curze, the Night Haunter, Commander of the VIII Legion. Their father. The flickering hololithic primarch rose from a throne stolen by distortion. He advanced in a silence that spoke of faulty recording, his movements jerky and interrupted by static interference. None of that mattered. After centuries, the Lord of the Night's loyal sons were seeing him once again. Their father's ghost, here in this tomb of a temple. If the Callidus had left the holothic record to mock the Legion that would one day find it, they had severely misjudged the closure it offered, and the resurgence of purpose felt by every warrior present. Gauntlets clutched at bolters with inspired strength. Several warriors wept behind their skulled faceplates. 'Ave Dominus Nox.' They chanted the words in worshipful, thankful monotone. 'Ave Dominus Nox. Hail the Lord of the Night.'

I'd love to see a description of Word Bearers 10,000 years later seeing Lorgar collectively in a vision of some kind, if Night Lords cry over Kurze I can imagine WBs turning into hysterical child messes after seeing their long absent father

No resume of old thread? Mediocre

I never realised how hard WE are to paint before ordering their shoulder pads and forgetting what was land and sea halfway through after painting a shit load of white

No wonder they fell to Khorne

>I'm going this way
>I'm going that way
>I'm a son of horusssssssss

Fellow anons... I need help.
Whats the best way to go about painting all these guys up blood angels with as little pain as possible? Their legion rules were just too enticing...

SOLID GOLD

make Sanguinus proud

Paint them as alpha legion. You won't need to cut yourself anymore.

I have similar headcanon. Angron failed to conquer his own world. Fucker was enslaved. Then the angron rejects big E. So big E just dumps him on the war hound flag ship and gets back to crusading.

But why can't big E dump HIMSELF and his two superhuman armies against a bunch of 5 normie armies?

His Custodes lost only 3 dudes against the Orks that managed to smash several legions at once and seriously wound Mortarion.

5 human armies should be a breeze to them, and Angron would immediatly bond with the warriors that came to his aid, instead of punching seven captains, included the legion master and some Custodes, to death.

I want to get the set myself but currently reading all the books and I can't decide which legion to play.

Also how fluffy is the game? does it just feel like reskined 40K or do you really feel like you're playing in a brutal civil war where each battle counts for something and is different from the last?

Because angron was so shit, so pathetic, big E couldn't be fucked.
>I have a galaxy to conquer
>this loser can't be my son
>getting enslaved as a primarch in m30
>teleport him to the world eater ship
>do your best to forget he exists

etc

have a legion picker chart

Because Angron's friends were tainted.

Right, like Nostromo and Barbarus were the best place to recruit from. And Emps still strod there.

Like Russ geneseed and Sanguinius' wasn't tainted.

Like colchis wasn't a coven for the Dark gods

Fuck me I lol'd.

I just read Angel exterminatus and liked the Iron Warriors way more than I thought.

I also like Iron Hands, Dark Angels and Raven Guard to name a few but their colour schemes are so dull.

>Right, like Nostromo and Barbarus were the best place to recruit from. And Emps still strod there
They were tainted that's why he didn't save them too. The Doberman ears Khornates wear? Angron introduced them to the Legion. What really bothers me is how Angron failed multiple times to escape.

As if Khornates were different from Corax's Ashen\Sable blind. You now know them as "Moritats"

Yes they are different.
>Khornates
>worships the most boring Chaos God
>always angry
>addicted to killing
>performs even greater acts of slaughter because their murderboner needs to get harder
>will mostly likely betray you
>will most likely will mutate
>will grow an axe for a dick
>will replace their eyebrows for razor blades
>has less of a mind than Russian, Hungarians, and Poles
>will replace eyes with knives
>will replace their name with Bloodspiller Axeeater Skulltaker "Jimbo" the 888th

Friendly reminder that volkite is best gun and that there's no spam like plasmaspam

>Trait: Follower

Well, it has its merits.

Also, is Lorgar Space Hitler?

I'm at least 67% sure on it.

>your primarch completing isolating himself and not seeing any of his sons for thousands of years?
The Word Bearers don't seem to mind at all.

Brothers I come bearing gifts from the Emperor who is the omnissiah incarnate
Prepare to upload to noosphere and purge the heretek servants of the traitor Kalbor Hal
www94.zippyshare.com/v/isMf6G1B/file.html

>Just finished Path of Heaven

Wasn't ready for these feels lads.

Holy cogs user! Thank you for this offering, may your fleshy bits be forever lubricated!.

Because Angron did the one thing the Emperor can't accept. Angron refused to join him.

is path of heaven good? Would you recommend reading it?

It's in my top 5 Heresy books for sure, but I wouldn't recommend reading it without having at least Scars and Brotherhood of the Storm under your belt.

>Angron refused to join him.

And then took his legion and helped him conquer the galaxy. Yea, totally refused.

I read scars, hmm top 5 makes it worth a look.

If nothing else it's relatively important for the Plotline of three/four Legions. (White Scars/Death Guard/Emperor's Children/Thousand Sons)

I need shoulder pads, Indomitus shoulder pads!

I like these from Puppets War, but they're quite expensive.

Those look more like Cataphractii.

For those who didn't check - it's the mechanicum army list ebook

Why only that low?

Because I'm debating on it.

I like Lorgar.

Should probably read the first heretic and learn to hate him.

Read Thousand Sons, then Scars, then Path of Heaven. Like immediately. Best three in the series by far.

Ps: What do we know about the WB geneseed?

Thats an intetesting thing regarding traizorlegions.

I liked the bit about IW one from last thread.

Not him,I only read Horus Rising yet.

I like Horus incarnation as super-dad.

The end was saddly a bit meh.

>Fucking Erebus.

I'd say if you want to follow this complete storyline, the recommended chronological reading list is:

-A Thousand Sons
-Brotherhood of the Storm (Legacies of Betrayal)
-Rebirth (Age of Darkness)
-Scars
-MAYBE Angel Exterminatus
-Brotherhood of the Moon (Eye of Terra)
-Allegiance (War Without End)
-Grey Talon (Meduson/Audio)
-Wolf King
-Daemonology (War Without End)
-Vengeful Spirit
-Path of Heaven

But yeah, those three are the essential novel-length entries.

Read HH2, they were more propense to fanaticism and zealotry. It's right there.

I was looking at some 3rd party helmet plumes to differentiate officers and elite troops from the plebs. Now, the MkVI doesn't have the ridge on top of the helmet that the plume often is mounted on. So would they still work or is there plumes made for helmets that lack the ridge?

Thanks man, downloading now. Say, in what ways is it different from the pdf version? I say this because I'm trying to remember whether or not I can read epub files and where.

I mean, I know I have that calibre program, that's it. .-.

>I like Horus incarnation as super-dad.
He truly was Top Son. I was indifferent and pitied Horus but Horus Rising made me like him. Makes me pity him even more. m.youtube.com/watch?v=mdOm7TFL_pY

It won't work unless you file the nub on the left side of the head

Hm, thanks!

thats lugffthfgt huron

its also why he did literally nothing wrong

Except evade taxes, only heretics evade taxes.

Fact.

Can someone point me where it says Anacharis Scoria's body is shaped like a spider? I didn't see any references to it in his wargear or description.

>its also why he did literally nothing wrong
At risk of bringing 40k into 30k I have to disagree. He was on the wrong side of the Pale Nomads.

he stood up to the imperial banking cabals and refused to allow his people to be subverted and raped by their usery and schemes.

so he was brutally attacked on all sides by those loyal to the imperial usery, and still was proven right in the end.

just like hitler

Also they had an inbuilt weakness to having their will changed and controlled - especially by the emperor and lorgar

Is it? I heard one user was doing a conversion with a robo spider abeyant but I don't think that is what he explicitly looks like.

Yeah yeah but who became a slave to darkness? He did.

nah huron is the only chaos lord who isnt a slave

thats why he schools abby when it comes to actually winning at things

>nah huron is the only chaos lord who isnt a slave
>thats why he schools abby when it comes to actually winning at things
We're bringing too much 40k into the 30k General now.

you can just admit he did nothing wrong, i wont hold it against you

>nah huron is the only chaos lord who isnt a slave

Huron sold his soul to Chaos. It's implied his daemon pet are the remnants of his souls.

Abaddon on the other hand has been stated to possess freewill. The Chaos Gods have no control over him.

Try sticking to the fluff next time.

>thats why he schools abby when it comes to actually winning at things

Abaddon won and achieved his objectives in all his Crusades.

Huron has no major campaign to his name. His most noteworthy achievement was stealing a space wolf ship.

>Abaddon won and achieved his objectives in all his Crusades.
>he objective was to fail
kek good 1 m8

That's what the fluff states. He won every single on and/or achieved his objectives.

What the fluff says > What you say.

Satan, you fool do you not know what you have done?

Name one crusade that failed
> Hint: None of the Crusades had 'Sack Terra' as an objective

the fluff says hes a miserable failure

Posted this last thread and got surprisingly next to no replies.

Realign the 8 traitor legions that aren't sons of horus, one or more undivided must become aligned with one of the 4 chaos gods, and the 4 that are currently aligned cannot be aligned with the same god.

I just want to see what people think. Here's my list:

Alpha legion falls to tzeentch.

Night lords fall to slaanesh.

Death guard(because Morty is anti magic) or Iron warriors fall to khorne.

Thousand sons fall to nurgle.

Discuss.

crusades 1-13

I would rather see peoples' opinions of a full reshuffle
>Alternate Heresy
>Sides must be balanced 9 v 9
>Each God must have one legion, no more no less
>There must be at least one archtraitor leading the heresy

Wrong.

He failed none. Glad we got this sorted.

Alternate heresy, as in, the Archtraitor is Rogal Dornaddon?

>his goal was to accomplish nothing for 10,000 years
good plan

I like memes from time to time bruh, but it'd do you good some reading. Here's a compilation, read each one and see for yourself. End of 40k here.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Black_Crusade
Now that we left that behind us
>Good plan
Congratulations, the black crusade was stopped. Now what's the next step of your master plan?

first heretic makes you like him more, he didn't do anything wrong

ADB is so much better a writer than shitters like Abnett

>Congratulations, the black crusade was stopped. Now what's the next step of your master plan?
crashing the meta with OP psychic powers...

with no survivors.

Anyone got any good bat reps to share instead of Fucking meme battles. Or 40k shit.
Come on hhgeneral I'm trying to live vicariously through your posts can't hobby much right now

>he didn't do anything wrong

Except that he thinks he is Undivided when he is not.

Would you like to hear about our dudes?

Yes. Please. With a pic or two. Anything

I don't quite get what some of the Legions' battle-cry mean: like, "Kill for the living, kill for the dead!" and "Iron within, iron without!" What do they mean?

Nah makes him an even more whiny shit
Adb loves writing about sons with shitty dads probably cos his dad raped him as a kid and he realises he enjoyed it

Nah, he's too biased about the Emperor. Feel's like the Big E raped his ass since childhood and burnt down his house or something.

>Kill for the living, kill for the dead!

Fight for your battle brothers and those that have died fighting. Basically kill with purpose.

>Iron within, iron without!

Strength of mind and strength of body, be as iron within and you are as iron without.

I don't have a picture. One of my dudes is called Calimoso a Justaerian, a man who could cheat another man out of his skin.

Siege The Thread

>"Kill for the living, kill for the dead!"
Kill them so they won't kill us, kill them because they've killed some of us.
And also kill to honour your comrades both alive and dead

>"Iron within, iron without!"
Our minds/souls/hearts are as strong and tough as iron, and so are our bodies and armour - it's motivational speaking (ironic, given the legion), and also a reminder that they're fucking tough

>"Kill for the living, kill for the dead!"
means that they like failing crusades
>"Iron within, iron without!"
means the decimation didnt work

The first one failed. Because it was a Sack Terra Crusade. The 13th one also failed, but GW likes to pretend that never happened.

>means that they like failing crusades
Us Luna Wolves didn't fail anything, the Sons of Horus/Black Legion may have, but we didn't

Alpha Legion to Tzeentch
Night Lords to Khorne
Iron Warriors to Nurgle
Word Bearers to Slaanesh

Black Primer
Vallejo Scarlet Red
Vallejo Bloody Red
Vallejo Ferrari Red

>Us Luna Wolves didn't fail anything
failed to stop your primarch from cucking you with erebus

Noice real noice.
MOAR though.

>Vallejo Ferrari Red
Can Baal be anymore Italian?

That picture is pretty bad ass

>The first one failed. Because it was a Sack Terra Crusade.

Wrong, you idiot.

The first crusade was about the two things.

-Restore the the traitor legions faith in themselves and the Long War
-Commit enough bloodshed abd carnage to satisfy the Chaos Gods enough to reveal the location of the Sword that Abaddon wanted.

Both achieved.
>Eye of Terror campaign

Retconned.

Why is Veeky Forums so shit at fluff?

They look nice user. Got a nice shot of the praetor he looks like a cool conversion