40k general/blood angels thread

Hey Veeky Forums. I decided to start a blood angels army, already primered my tactical squad mephiston red. What color scheme should i go for? I dont want to go with the one on the box, but not something outrageously different. Still the basic red, but changed up a bit. Also, what should I get for my army? Trying to be finshed by the end of this summer. Also, discuss your army and what you have. My brother plays dark eldar.

Other urls found in this thread:

warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?417606-Flyer-Game-Summer-2016/page8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump this if you see it, i want some opinions.

4th company has black helmets due to getting wrecked by the black legion in an old white dwarf battle report.
Otherwise, some details in white or gold should do the trick. Try it on the pauldron trims and the knee protection. Eventually a vertical band on the helmet, those are easy to do and look prety good IMO.
You ca, also try a nice green if you fancy one particular shade, but I'm not too fond of those.

Btw, devastators are supposed to have blue helmets, assault yellow ones.

Thanks, I'll look into getting some of those paints.

OP, make sure you don't paint the heavy weapons in your tacticals with blue helms. It's only dudes that comprise a dev squad that have blue. Same with assault.

You could try flesh tearers. Simple scheme and they're pretty mean guys.

Sounds good.

when people notice this is the new 40k general they're gonna be pissed about the title and picture
calling it now

dude, flesh tearers

Nah, they'll prolly just start an actual 40k general.

Is the Green Tide still a legal formation?

What's the silliest list you've ever made teegee?

You faggot, you didn't even provide any of the links for a general thread. Take your shit tier pretty angels and throw them in the oven. They are nearly as worthless as you.

ACTUAL NEW GENERAL
ACTUAL NEW GENERAL
ACTUAL NEW GENERAL

no

Made Hypothetically? Or actually assembled and fielded?

What's going on?

People didn't like this thread.
So they make 2 new ones.

I don't believe it is, but I doubt anyone will stop you from fielding it in a friendly game. If you're talking about in a tournament it wasn't going to help you much anyway.

Go back to warseer or whatever shitty forum you use.

This is the general for non-toxic 40k discussion. Go cry about how you hate the new flyer rules and shitpost in the general you just made for no reason.

I have learned something.
do not dedicate 40k general to one army

I always wanted to run a Unbound list with nothing but rhinos.
Like 30 rhinos and nothing else.
>Vroom vroom.

You made more then one mistake "friendo"

Hey, you were right.

It should have been fine. 40k general, for some reason, takes itself very seriously. I for one welcome a different OP image and less formal OP.

Fuck the other thread this real thread now.
>> WHERE MY NEW PLANE LEAKS AT GOT TO GO HIGH AS FUCK IN THAT DOGFIGHT PHASE

Don't make a thread if you are a giant retard AND a newfag.

>wrong image
>no links
>putting extra shit in the title
>no edition

You could have done the links and image right and just made it "blood angels edition" and ask your really dumb questions in the first post.

It's kind of fun jumping between threads and feeling all the butt hurt over one image.

Am I the only one who doesn't actually like Beakies? Except for Johnny.

Going to singlehandedly keep bumping this thread just to spite the other thread. In between checking hhgeneral for real hobby conversion.

warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?417606-Flyer-Game-Summer-2016/page8

This is all I can find so far.

I really want to try out that 14 Assassin list. It'd be great to feild 14 T4 guys and nothing else.

Wouldn't expect to win a lot of games though.

Why you so mad though.

I'll play your 30 rhino list with a list of nothing but raiders with shock prows, ramming everything in sight. DESTRUCTION DERBY MOTHERFUCKER.

I've dreamed of making full 10th company scout list, complete with land speeder storms.

Once again proving why generals are shit.

I like them. I really like the various styles of helmet, and thing they look great mixed. Less cookie cutter and more like 'knights' with individualized armor.

Well I know it had it's problems, but I found it odd that it was left out of the updated WAAAGH! Ghazghkull.

I have to wonder is it an attempt by GW to get players to buy new models by removing the formation and thus forcing them to choose something else.

True enough! My favorite would probably be Mk. IV, love how it looks.

God that chest plate and helm are fucking sick together.

>DESTRUCTION DERBY MOTHERFUCKER.
That would be beyond awesome.
As long as you didn't bring blasters.

I think it's incompetence more than anything. The Orkurion still requires buckets of boyz. I just don't think there are any Ork fanboys on the design team, and W!G just got phoned in.

They only recently worked out how to do it properly with B@C, most Mk IV minis before that had the anteater mouth that looks stupid.

I'm still hoping for plastic Mk II/III, as then we'd have most of the armour marks covered in plastic (with a bit of swapping of bits between kits).

Which mark has the ridiculous Vader mask?

Finally a situation where running 30pt trukks with rokkits would shine. DT derbies need to be a thing.

Is it this one? Is so, then V.

Meant to reply to

Would be boss.
If you took lists solely comprised of dedicated transports, who would come out on top?

At least he waited till the old thread was about to die, rather than make it when it could still have gone on for several hours.

Thanks user.
Once again fuck the other general. Keep this one strong

That's the one.

Links are for newfags. Didn't even have any in the generals until 1 or 2 years ago.

Imperial Guard with Chimeras.

All those variants.

>Keep this one strong
With three 40k Generals, I'm sort of temped to start a 40k General General, to help people sort of which general is which, and have meta commentary about the other threads.

do it up

The B@C kit is awesome. MK IV is awesome.
The newish Space Marines Tacticals and Blood Angels Tacticals are also good sets. A nice amount of Blinged if you water them both together.

Better then Razorbacks? Or immolators? Or cheap as chips Trukks?

So I'm not sure which general is the right one, so I'll just ask here.

What would your thoughts be on letting Tau Stealth Suits take a wider variety of weapons? Would your answer be different if it included multiple stealthsuits getting special weapons instead of just 1 in 3?

I for one am supporting this thread because it started with a dude asking an honest hobby question, for once, and to spit in the faces of sperg lords.

Mk IV is sweet. Definitely my favorite variant. I picked up a Betrayal at Calth box specifically so I could get my hands on enough for a Marine army.

>If you took lists solely comprised of dedicated transports, who would come out on top?
Whoever brings Landraiders.

I dont like them. I have zero beak helmets in my collection.

The other threads have already fallen into arguing about which one is the real one. I don't think we need another one.

Land
Raiders

And immolators don't exist anymore, silly

I think immolators would win in straight up DT on DT violence...
Not counting Eldar . Fuck is there anything they aren't OP at..
Wait Necrons could be good with Ghost Barge broadsides everywhere

>What would your thoughts be on letting Tau Stealth Suits take a wider variety of weapons? Would your answer be different if it included multiple stealthsuits getting special weapons instead of just 1 in 3?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you proposing a house rule where stealth suits get access to more special weapons?

I'd personally be opposed Tau are already one of the stronger armies. House-rulings giving Tau more options and versatility doesn't seem like a great idea.

I only really like them when people use them for a specific purpose, like using them for a bird-themed chapter.

Personally, I want to pick up a couple to make some Plague-doctor nurgle marines.

That would make them too good. Cheaper units never get to spam or have multiple specials

See scouts and tactical marines vs devastators

One 18" melta per three on a sneak type squad is plenty.

Truth. I really don't get the nostalgia over those helmets they look retarded.
The 90s Marines looked ridiculous

Yeah, that was basically what I was proposing. Letting Stealth suits swap out their burst cannons for flamers, missiles, etc.

Probably right that it's overkill though. Mostly I just want a way to differentiate my third stealth team from my other two.

Lander radier is 230 right?
Will is stand up against and equal number of points of other things? Like 4 Raiders with blasters? Or 8 Trukks?

>Not counting Eldar . Fuck is there anything they aren't OP at..
>Wait Necrons could be good with Ghost Barge broadsides everywhere
Don't have the codexes so I'm not that familiar with Ghost Barges or Eldar Transports.

Egh. It's still only two or three special weapons on a T 3 squad, no matter their cover save.
I would much rather face a few squads of them who a bolter wounds on 3s Tyan riptide/stormsurge/ whatever spam.

Same here. The 40k generals have become extraordinarily bad over the past ~6 weeks. Almost no genuine content or discussion. At least we have civil attitudes in here.

So I just split a Renegade box with my buddy. The best loadout is two miniguns right? Seems like neither of the other gun options can compare with 24 str 6 ap 3 shots.

>Personally, I want to pick up a couple to make some Plague-doctor nurgle marines.
That sounds pretty awesome.

Eldar Transports typically have front armor 12, good transport capacity, great guns, the ability to jink due to being skimmers, and access to invuln saves.

Downside is they tend to run 100+ points at the lower end, but it is really nice to have a transport option that isn't 'explode if you look at it funny' cheap like a Trukk, or 'so expensive that a single meltagun can change the game' like a landraider

Does the Ork Kill-Krusha Tank make a decent transport?

>obviously using psychic powers
>immune to nikea because police legion
>kill teamed loyal legion
>acused of mutation to other legion when he was filled with furries fucks
>couldn't even reach Terra on time
>almost killed by terminators
>didn't comply with the edict of Guilliman
>stupidly getting lost
>legion descends to new level of furries
>finally getting what they deserve, being purged by loyal sons
I hope their betrayal to the Imperium is discovered and the thousand sons reivindicated as true loyal sons.

Wave Serpent Spam almost singlehandedly ruined 6th edition.
Ghost Arks can fire their not Egyptian space barges weapons at two different targets and with gauss they glance anything on a 6.
Both are skimmers, and the Wave Serpent is fast.

im not even OP chucklefucks,,,

There are two other generals that will gladly embrace shitposting. Can we save this one, and have the first decent /40kg/ in weeks?

The only drawback is the loss of a D weapons, which stomps can basically count as...

Hear hear!
Also that Daemon Prince conversion is sick as fuck. Nice job user

You sound massively underage.

yiffs really are fucking awful

hypocritical furry retards, the whole lot of them

>100+ points.
I think I'd still have to have it to Trukks. The might be fragile, but with S8 shooting and weighing in at only 30pts I think they'd come out on top.

Where's my battlefleet armada senpaitachi at?

oh boy, more unreasonable hate.

Not a fucking chance

I used to hate them but then I realized the regular marine helmet is just a dumb frowny face. So now I like the beakey on tacticool units and fast units.

I would love to play 8 barebones fast rokkits trukks against 1 tough as shit LR. It would be great.

I guess I'm just not a RG fan or something.
Anyone tried out the dog fight phase yet

>implying the SW doesn't deserve al the hate the get
Furry directed

Yiff yiff yiff

Fuck off namefag, you aren't allowed to have opinions, and certainly aren't allowed to have ones if there shit, like your opinions are

i don't think they deserve it. Sure, some chucklefuck had wolf be every other word and made them yiffy, but i still believe they are viking at heart.

oh wait... magnus the red...
alright, i see why you hate the space wolves. sorry for pwning your primarch

It would be a lot of fun. Sort of playing Ogre, 40k edition.

>Yiff yiff yiff BARK BARK BARK
I don't speak wolf you furry fucks

>vikings
>hated wolves
>space wolves are vikings at heart
kek

Fuck off namefag.

meow meow mrow meow?

when you green text make sure it makes sense please

>pwning your primarch
>so shit fighter that Leman Russ aimlessly hit glorious master of mistery and war out off luck
That's nothing to feel proud of you furry fuck