Warhammer 40k General

Not Some Shitty BA edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>White Dwarves

mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

First for the rhino

Can someone explain the chicken?

This thread is shit.

Real thread

memes

Blood Angles thread is better. Shitposters stay here.

It's a meme, and skub.
And just like skub, anyone who hates it is a subhuman faggot

Explain how it looks bad.
It's a /pol/ meme that one guy kept posting to counter this one undelightful guy. In Russian roosters mean faggot and the chicken asks for proof add two and two together.

This thread is ALIVE!!!

skub a shit

"You had one job" Edition

>doesn't have the OP image to make it easily identified
>doesn't have the copypasta so people can get the rules, lore, supplements etc. easily
>made by some newfag to get his questions answered easily
Yeah, nah, fuck off, you're a cunt.

Where the fuck is the genestealer?

Found the subhuman

You trust him

Don't you?

>It's a /pol/ meme that one guy kept posting to counter this one undelightful guy.

So it was shitposting to counter a certain shitposter. Care to explain to me why is it on the OP image?

I always thought it was Chicken Boo.So new fags would insist it's a chicken, but everyone else would deny that there is a chicken there.

general images are tumorous growths that develop over time from the stagnant waters of their general threads

it is there because someone put it there, and removing things rocks the autism boat

Supposed to be a 1000 pt list, but I have 155 left over that I'm not sure how to spend. Any ideas?
+ HQ (230pts) +
Captain (120pts)
··Captain:Terminator Armour [Power Sword, Storm Bolter]
Librarian (110pts) [Mastery Level 2]
··Power Armour [Force Sword, The Primarch's Wrath]

+ Troops (400pts) +
Tactical Squad (200pts) [Plasma Gun, Rhino, 9x Space Marines]
··Space Marine Sergeant [Chainsword, Combi-plasma]
Tactical Squad (200pts) [Plasma Gun, Rhino, 9x Space Marines]
··Space Marine Sergeant [Chainsword, Combi-plasma]

+ Heavy Support (215pts) +
Devastator Squad (215pts) [4x Heavy Bolter, 9x Space Marines]
··Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
··Space Marine Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

MULTI-THREAD-SHITPOSTING

MULTI-THREAD-SHITPOSTING

What if we had an informative thread pic instead of memes?

If I have an Unbound army, does the 0-3 rule for Imperial Guard Priests, Psykers and Enginseers still apply, or can I field a hundred Priests if I want?

what if you got the fuck out?

>informative thread pic instead of memes?

We also have
>Id4chan
>links
>A dedicated painting thread
>constant flow of new GW shit

What we don't need is shitty newfags and their shitty armies.

what if we didn't bitch about the stupid meme image for a thread or two

It seems to me that's more like you guys are rewarding shitposting by putting it up there. No wonder the threads are in the state that they are now.
Oh well, Suit yourselves. It will be entertaining to see where things go.

It's unbound, that means you get to field whatever you want, and then watch your opponent shake their head and walk away.

Cool, thanks!

now thats called age of sigmar

Literally no-one wants your shitty thread. You are shit.

Not for long.

Once that official rules list comes down, nobody is going to play without it.

Tyranid infiltrators and not!Xenomorphs dating back to the Rogue Trader days. They infect people, the people start up cults that worship them, and the cultists infect more people. The hybrid children start off ugly as sin until future generations look completely normal. The next generation is Genestealer again. They are one of the reasons space hulks are so dangerous as the Hive Mind sticks thousands of them into the hulks. Beware their rending claws for even terminator armor is of little protection. Pic related is a strand of stealers that the Hive Mind wants to avoid for genetic instabilities that grant them their ability to shapeshif, and has been around before the First Tyrannic War.

What? What are you on about?

But why?

If Tau individuals have no True Name and more like a a fuckton of nicknames refering to their achievements, are they invulnerable to sorcery that requires to know the True Name of the victim?

True names only work on daemons. When a Tau becomes a daemon prince, then we can worry about that subject.

>nobody is going to play it.
fixed

no

what space marine chapter would look the best when surrounded in a collapsed building, kneeling shooting and all tacticool

So the people I see playing at my store aren't real?

fists

I would start by getting rid of the dev squad, at least how you have it. They accomplish pretty much nothing. Dropping them in means that you lose a whole turn of meaningful shooting. Taking extra dudes doesn't really help and heavy bolters aren't for devastators. Basically, everything about that squad is wrong. It's a huge amount of points for absolutely nothing.

>lying
>on the internet
like why dawg

I think I hate him more than before

Star phantoms. Any imperial player worth their grain of salt would know that thise fuckers where probably the ones who caused the building yo collapse and are now working on "remodeling" the rest of the block.

Time to get sad Imperial Guard players:

The new Death from the Skies supplement isnt optional and contains all the new rules for flyers in it.

Vendetta isnt included.

No, because how can I trust a man who doesn't trust anybody but himself?

>Vendetta isnt included.

Not surprised thb, it didn't had the actual conversion kit, and GW can make you buy new fliers to compensate.

Delete chinkin bread. Go Blood Angel bread. Too many generals.

I hate flyers, good thing I play Steel Host so I HAVE to take a Hydra.

>It's a /pol/ meme
wrong

>In Russian roosters mean faggot and the chicken asks for proof add two and two together.
right

Isn't the Vendetta just an "upgrade" to the standard Valkyrie, though? I'd imagine that it'd be, for all intensive porpoises, considered a Valkyrie with a different weapon loadout and losing its Transport Capacity.

Fuck off. The other thread doesn't even have the links.

Doesn't matter. Links can be posted in othr posts and they are for newfags anyways.

Blood Angel bread was posted first. Which means chickin brea is illegal. Delete this now pls.

So I just bought the Chaos Lord's Cadre that I want to run with a Termi sorcerer to kill Tau with. If I'm deep striking them how I should I kit them out? Is it worth using the force weapon to try and ID a Riptide or should I be casting spells?

Naw. Let them stay here.
The other thread is for tgentlemanly discourse.

power fists are how you kill riptides

combi-meltas are your friend

flamer if you want to kill pathfinders
autocannon or another combi-melta otherwise

You are right. Chickin men would shit up the other thread.
Let this be their hen house

Combi-weapons and stock power weapons makes them dangerous and cheap. It's the best way to be cost effective with them. Combi-plasma are probably the right way to go for fighting Tau.

Charging into a Riptide to ID it with force could work, but only if you can get past overwatch. It's probably not a bad idea since the Riptide will tank anything else. You might want a force axe to try and get past his armor though.

Why is Magnus the Red so red?

Because BIG E stole his mojo from the Chaos Gods.

Use the sorcerers formation to shoot to their guys with his riptides

>shooting all the stormsurges missiles before he can use them
Mfw

If it's an upgrade, then I can tell you that the Datasheet in Death from the skies doesn't have that upgrade for Valkyries.

Khorne is a Woman.

Which are the bonus for Bombers, Attack Planes, and Fighters?

You're thinking of Slaanesh.

I'm putting my first squad of termagants together, what should I kit them out with?

She's just prettier than her. That's why she hates her.

fleshborers

gants don't deserve upgrades

Bombers suck
Attack craft is good
Fighters do not lose skyfire, but gain -1bs against ground.

Hormagants.

By the time you get in range with your 12 inch gun, you could have had your fleet unit get slightly closer and charge. And tarpit fearlessly whatever you're probably going to fail to kill instead of just harassing it with plinky, useless guns.

Tell me 40k general, what is your favorite unit in all of 40k and why? Is it because of the lore, the models, the crunch, or because of some personal reason (like them being the first thing you ever got for 40k for instance, or even something else?

space hulk

you were almost hepts

Is the autocannon actually worth taking? I've heard that 2 AP4 shots without being able to move is pretty weak for the price point.

A real dillema programmers face for self driving cars.

Grey Knight Interceptors. Fast, badass force swords, cool models. That's about it...

>I've heard that 2 AP4 shots without being able to move

You dont play the game, do you?.

This

Hormagaunts are the shit, brilliant rules for such dirt cheap infantry. either tarpit stuff or tear apart enemy Orks / cultists

Termagaunts are only worth existing if you spawn them via Tervigon, but having a tervigon is far from mandatory, but is can be a fun/ powerful army build

>what should I kit them out with?
Hope.

I really hope that's just speculation, otherwise I'm going to be very sad.

Though if a Valkyries get Vendetta upgrade options, this would mean Militarum Tempestus would have access to Vendettas

I'm probably going to be very sad

>If I'm deep striking them how I should I kit them out?
Force stave + Iron Arm + Force = 3-4 S9 AP2 attacks with ID

>Bombers suck

Why is that? I'm guessing they suck at areal combat, but shouldn't they be excellent at attacking ground?

Naw. termagants to unlock Tervigons as troops, and for late game spawning/objective grabbing.

it's overpriced

2 S7 shots aren't horrible if you're plinking vehicles, and terminators count as stationary regardless of movement.

But more often than not you'll be better off taking the heavy flamer for the odd unit or another combi-bolter for more melta/plasma shots.

Theres no single bomber in 40k thats actually good with bombing and the book really didnt make them any better.

As i understand only the Dark eldar bomber actually has good bombs / weapons, it gets like AP2 or 3 large blasts i think.

That said i don't play DE and never see them on the table, so their must be some crippling weakness to them. Price? FA slot? i wouldn't know.

I do know the Ork bomber is shit for it's pts, and again never see anyone take 'bomber' fliers

Not often. I'm pretty new.

>never see anyone take 'bomber' fliers

Why?

Necron forge world bomber is pretty neato.

I have the book. Vendettas not in.

Bombers are bad in dogfights, and all but one or 2 attack patterns only benefit their bomb. That's right; Most bombers only have 1 bomb. (I.E: The dark eldar one). Also. Bombs are dropped in your movement phase, attack patterns bonuses start from the end of a movement phase in which all flyers stand in pattern, to the end of the next movement phase, thus, bombers do not benefit from their attack patterns on the turn they enter from reserves.

That must be an oversight.

Well there you go, straight from the horses mouth.

Forgot that bombs are limited ammunition, yet another weakness since most bombs do poor damage

Say if you have the new book can you see if the Heldrake is in it and where it stands? did Vector strike change at all? finally are any FMC's included?

Thanks.

i wish land raiders didnt suck

Depends on the unit size, but I usually kit 1/3 with Devourers and the rest with Spine Fists. Place Devilgants at the back where they are safer and can better make use of their superior range. The Spine Fists at the front will work as meat shield to your Devils and the Spine Fists Provides better Overwatch which is good because they are more than likely to get removed from the table by your opponent's next shooting and assault phase.
>By the time you get in range with your 12 inch gun, you could have had your fleet unit get slightly closer and charge
Or you could you know Shoot X amount of S4 AP5 and charge for 2X amount of S3 attacks instead of just 3X amount of S3 attacks that Hormagants offer. Hormagaunts have their uses and I5 is good, but Ternagants are hardly useless by comparison

FMCs are not included.

There are basically no changes to any datasheet other than role, 2 new stats (Pursuit and agility) and that all flyers, heldrake included, can be taken in units of 1-4. They do not act as squadrons, but enter from reserves together, with their entry points within 4" of each other, and then, act independently.

Terminators have Relentless special rule which allows them to move, shoot and charge with Heavy weapons as if they were normal Assault weapons

Same. I would love to play my Deathwing but I don't want to shell out so many points for the only transport worth bringing for them. Without them the DW Knights are pretty poopy.

Oh. Damn. That seems super useful.

Huh, cool. thanks for looking.

So i only ask because i assumed this new 'dogfight' phase triggers if both players have a flier. and i wondered what happened if one is an FMC.

Few people at my LGS run fliers and i own mostly FMC this update ain't gonna mean much for us