/swg/ - That's it, I'm going fucking Sith Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: →

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!193:27,144,-1:34:17:;28:18:5:15:M.1;56:-1,-1,45,46:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also,

>I Fucked up the Previous Thread Link Edition

Has anyone cracked a good solution on how to store the VCX-100?

I really want to get one but I have no way to keep it safe in transport

>Twice

Previous thread:

I actually just saved the plastic mold it came in and cut out a bit piece of foam from my hard case, did the same thing with my B-Wing and star vipers. It's not really that efficient though.

I wonder if anyone has ever fallen to the dark side out of extreme annoyance.

If so, is this Darth Binks preferred method of corrupting Jedi to the dark side of the force?

>I wonder if anyone has ever fallen to the dark side out of extreme annoyance.
Try hanging out with Rosh some time.

Worked on me. Then I went light side, and realized I was missing nothing.

>old Republic era
>Jedi gets stranded on Naboo long before it's been officially charted or settled as has to live among the gungans
>rescued later but has already become one of the most powerful dark-siders in galactic history

I forget, did we ever get a definitive description/timeline of Revan's fall?

>gungans
I don't get this meme.

Put JarJar aside for a moment. The Gungans are a competent species that survives in a dangerous environment and have proven themselves to be capable warriors multiple times.

Hell, a group of them took down Grevious.

People only remember the one that had actual screen time

The memes, Jack. DNA of the soul.

Let's see, 4 hours ago from this point was 4am for me... Whoever you are, I'll have skype running today but I am DM'ng for most of today as well.

>Old Republic-era Gungans
>Jedi falling because of annoyance
Nah. According to Galactic Battlegrounds, Boss Gallo's era was an orgy of bloodshed and conquest. Shit was absolutely nuts. Otoh Gunga's foundations were built atop a ruined fortress and the charred, mutilated corpses of a thousand of Boss Rogoe's militiagungs. Boss Nass' ancestors were fucking hardcore. If that Jedi is going to fall, he's going to fall because he got a little too involved in all the death and killing.

>Meesa already a demon, KazKaz.

Competent doesn't necessarily mean tolerable, at least for outside cultures. Imagine /int/ memes about certain cultural groups.

So how does a jetpack work?

Not with jets.

Bored...

Same group who were tricked by a witch doctor with a clearly evil nose bone ring. Same group who confused Jar Jar for their leader because.... he pretended to change his voice and there's only like 3 rigs for the different Gungan animation so they look the same.

Seconding this, what is a good case for just large ships?

Trying to build myself up the best RAC, but am still having trouble working the field.

RAC
Gunner
Vader
Predator
Shield upgrade/hull upgrade/engine upgrade (can't choose)

Whisper
VI
ACD
Agent Kallus

Was also considering expose.

If yow want to dance around with the phantom I would suggest
Echo
Predator/VI
ACD
Tactician

See I thought about echo, but my meta is extremely different from the regional scene. A lot of PS8+ ships and TLTS

I just like it because if you pilot right you will always dance around the enemy arcs. with VI you get it up to ps8 and if you use Intel you can really get some shenaniganery going on

Are we going to be getting a PDF of Lead by Example at some point?

Intelligence agent? Yeah I see where you are going. There builds I see most often are 3 PS9 rebels, vader Fel palp aces, and brobots.

I've been toying with lists involving Imperial Veterans all week

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!193:27,144,-1:34:17:;28:18:5:15:M.1;56:-1,-1,45,46:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

Is my latest one, but I do feel like Doom Shuttle is a thing whose time has been and gone.
Maybe now is the time for the Kamikaze Doom-Bomber?

thats rough but at least with vader you can focus him with echo since he is the weak link of the list

Spacebump

35 point, single ship, 4v4 FFA tournament for X-wing coming up and I have no idea what to bring.

I'm leaning towards a Contracted Scout, but I'm open to suggestions.

well 4 person FFA, not 4v4.

Academy Pilot :^)
But in all seriousness I would go with
Salm
Flechette Torps
TLT
R7
Chips

>Salm
I'd be worried about a Y-wing just getting blown off the board, or arc-dodged / donut-holed into worthlessness.

They're not exactly good at surviving and even worse at maneuvering.

K-wing fun times

100 year war.

And you get to fight just almost as many people on light side as on dark side! (one less) All you have to do is realize that the game is coded in such a way as to make the Jedi attack you if you damage them since friendly fire is turned on in those sections.

I need rebel officer NPCs, of any sort, for future AoR usage

Scree Whiplash, Rebel Pilot Ace
Striker Stormwatch, Rebel Cell Leader
Rengad Hardfall, Rebel Commander

statblocks or names

Neither. Personalities is what I's after

Let's stick to the classics for the moment.

You have your Imperial-defector officer. They are professional, strict, reserved; everything you expect an Imperial Officer to be. However, the burden of what they had been involved in while serving the Empire gives a strong sense of shame, and the need to redeem themselves, so they go out of their way to help others, and will actively give orders to help protect/evacuate civilians.

Next, the retired Republic officer. This one served in the Clone Wars with some distinction. Strong believer in the Republic, they did not agree with the New Order imposed upon them, and mustered out after the war. Strong believer in Republic ideals, tries to keep things clean, with little collateral damage, but knows that some times in war you have to be nasty.

The ex-crime boss. For whatever reason, this criminal has fallen from power, and got swept along with the Rebel cause as it offered them a chance of survival. Rose to a leadership position due to useful connections in the underworld, and due to a vicious streak a parsec wide. This one is not above coordinating intimidation, blackmail, larceny, and a whole lot more. Is also rebuilding their criminal empire on the side, but is still loyal to the Rebellion, for now.

I have a question about an attack sequence X-Wing:

I deploy Keyan Farlander with Wired as his EPT. If he is stressed, can I use Wired to re-roll a dice, and then use his built-in ability, spending the stress token to change focus results into hits?

Wired rerolls eyeballs, which you'd just turn to hits with the stress.

...ah. My brain isn't really working.. Thanks user.

My EotE group has managed to bluff their way into an Imperial FOB; what are some interesting encounters that I can use to try to force them to escape into the wilderness?

They bump into the wrong room and get asked for information they don't have. Think when you go into the Sith base in KoTOR and they ask what the he'll you're doing. Unless they're geared out like a superior officer they should be questioned, if they're geared out have a bigger officer arrive in system and they hear that person is coming for inspection.

Story time!
With most of my players out for food poisoning, family in the country, or studying for Korean proficiency tests, I ran a 'short' game with only two players and a now reoccurring NPC/DMPC. The events that transpired are... crazy.

>Due to the cold of Hoth the crews ship, the Wistless Wyvern (name changes all the time) was dangerously low on on fuel and needed to make an emergency stop.
>They do a quick check of their charts and locate an old agricultural planet rumored to be heavily influenced by the Clone Wars. When they arrive they find out that a capital ship crashed on the surface and created an extinction event leaving the planet a barren waste. They fly over the impact event crater and see the Indominus, a Republic cruiser that is nose deep in a massive crater.
>After a flyby they find their landing port... a small duracrete prefab settlement of a few buildings and a landing pad. With no markings on anything and only a handful of humans walking around there's not much to go on.
>After some streetwise conversations with people they locate the 'cantina'... someone's house with the kitchen turned into a 'bar'.
>The two players quickly get kicked out and Umpan, the force sensitive Gungan swipes a passed out guys food.
>Stepping outside they notice the only two females they've seen so far... a haggard old human and an equally old Rodian... of course they're smoking Deathsticks.

>A conversation starts up and they learn the lovely old ladies name is Ebelin. She is chainsmoking deathsticks and offers an unsavory act for a mere 10 credits. Her Rodian compatriot is quiet.
>The Ryn doctor notices her poor health and offers a medical examination in exchange for information
>Droma, the doctor, then learns of a rather large and pustules rash on Ebelin's ass. His scan triumphs and he learns she has the worst case of Space Gout EVER... so much so that he can actually write a medical journal about it and get some credits.
>Umpan, the Gungan, is busy poking the doctor in the back wanting food....
>They then learn of the local technician who has supplies for the ships that do business on the planet and head off to the next building.
>The technicians shop is jammed packed with parts. From swoop and podracer engines to weaponry and armor... it takes a few moments to actually find the stores clerk among all the clutter.

>The tech's name is Migs, and she is the very definition of an outlaw tech. Everything she owns is customized. From her trench coat filled with tools and pockets to her vibrosword with a fancy magnetic hilt. (This was the DMPC so I could help the doctor create some of his custom combat medicines with mechanic checks)
>The group learn that the fuel they need is beyond their price range and it will take helping the tech with a job. They manage to convince her to help them create some wrist mounted, ranged, stim shooters before departure.
>Umpan the Gungan pulls a stack of parts ontop of himself and while he locates the parts needed for the job, he is buried beneath a pile of rubble.
>Migs the Tech freaks out about the gear, but the prospect of inventing something new distracts her.... and they leave Umpan buried for over four hours while they construct the stim guns.

Countess ryad, tie Mk.II, juke

Just use stay on target with keyan. It let's you respond to the movements of other ships, and gives you a stress to boot!

>The job was actually to locate the astrogation computer of the downed Republic ship. The star charts had, at least according to Migs, information on faster travel between Outer Rim worlds.
>They take Migs' slow speeder, or "Slower" out to the ship where they learn several more fun facts about the planet.
>Droma the Ryn doctor learns through a medical scan that the planet is lacking any major forms of bacteria or fungus and the dead trees they see will never really decay. Migs explains that's part of why this planet was written off by the Empire and it's now being strip mined by the nearly 23 remaining natives.
>Migs marks the hole she previously cut in the ship with a new marking. When they ask she mentions that these are claim markings on sections of the ship. Since everyone knows everyone, it's basically like saying this is my section.
>Umpan notices a second hole in the ship marked with different markings. His character was actively creating other salvage teams to fuck with me and it was great!

Well, see those drums over there, here's some diesel oil, now go get a stick and burn that poo

They didn't bring any form of lighting, as one of the other players had been carrying them... so they were taking tons of black die to notice things and when they got to the lift shaft and had to ascend it... it caused all kinds of fun for anyone who got out of range of Migs who had the only light
>They manage to climb the shaft and cut through the lift door only for Droma to locate additional med gear from a dead clone.... he looked as if he had only just died despite it being years ago.
>Umpan of course locates military rations, gorges himself because he hadn't eaten in a while and passes out
He had to leave to help family
>With only the technician and the doctor remaining, the two managed to cut through the helm's bulkhead, enter the bridge, and locate the information they desired. A lucky triumph also meant they found information regarding a shuttle craft that had been sent astrogation computer information but never actually departed the ship before it crashed. Migs wanted the claim on that ship and they went after it.

Time skip a few hours of investigating the ship, repelling out the bridge and down to the hangar, locating the ship, and come back to trying to figure out how to get it free of the hangar doors.
>Droma managed a great perception roll in the dark and I foolishly rewarded him with a circle of droids that had survived the crash, but were trapped inside. Knowing their death was imminent at the hands of low power cells, the group circled up and beeped as they watched their buddies die out one by one until all power was lost.
>Knowing assistance was needed to cut the ship out, the good Doctor contacted the Gungan who had the only holocommunicator capable of communicating with the ship, and at this point things went tits up

Droma the Ryn creates his own tag to stake a claim on the droids... a circle with a Charmander like tail... one he draws on every single droid.
Meanwhile the tech is cutting out her plot device to allow her to leave this hellish planet and assist the team in the future... an NU class attack shuttle
>"Umpan, I need you to contact the ship, get the others to locate the Rodian prostitute in town. She knows the technician's store and can help bring parts. Get the others to come."
>"Mee'sa got it!"
*Cues up holotransmitter only to find the others who had been left at the "bar" are now back on the ship partying with the two prostitutes. The Farghul 'quick talker' has the Rodian in his lap while the human and the Miralian are arguing over Ebelin the old lady with Space Gout.
>"Mee'sa SEEES YOU!"
*he mutters to the Doctor over the local comms, "Dis'a bombad trouble...."*
> "We'sa needs you'sa to bring Dresslin the Rodeo girl with lots'a parts! Oooh, ohh and her Falumpaset too! We'sa know she must have a Falumpaset if she rodeo girl..."
>Droma facepalms and makes a mental note to inform the crew of the prostitutes condition.

The crew come out, with the prostitutes of course, a montage of cutting the ship free and recharging it happen. The doctor puts his 20 new dead droids on the ship during the montage and now I've got nearly 70,000 credits of droids he's fencing in exchange for helping the Tech cut out her ship. The player is a stickler and wants every credit he is owed and because he leaves the country in a few weeks I let him have a six figure payout. (He also manages to pass all negotiation and interaction based rolls)

Of course I'm not really wanting the player to walk away with 70,000 credits... so I think quick and shit escalates into an amazing level of crazy

>Dockmaster hears Migs just paid these guys a ton of credits and wants his cut. He asks for 15,000 for landing fees.
>Doctor scoffs and says it's not his planet and tries to ignore the guy
>Guy literally has paperwork from the Empire where any surviving natives of the planet were given exclusive rights to the wreckage in exchange for the planet basically being glassed. The 23 men are all that remains of the survivors who hadn't fled (prositutes and Migs came later)
>The good doctor does some math and offers the guy a meager 650 credits and the hickish dockmaster doesn't take it.
Player turns to me and laughs, then says "I attack him"
>The dockmaster draws on him and they both call for backup.
>over 20 colonists and the four other members of the group end up in a stand off that quickly escalates into full blown combat.

At this point I was spitballing the group combat with two groups each rolling 2 green, 2 yellow, 2 red and 2 purple to determine what happens.

> The xenobiologist of the group is spraying fire wildly into the air and yelling, the Gungan is shielding him and poking people with his spear, the gunslinger is cackling like mad as his adrenaline rush obligation takes over in this all out war, and the Farghul is trying to talk people down.
>Seven colonists end up dead due to various explosions and shooting, Droma is nearly killed himself, and thanks to a continuous accrual of lightside points Migs was able to come and intervene.
(Couldn't let my unplayed players die due to the actions of one. And it was a blast to let my player roleplay as the guy he was just trading insults with during a firefight while I played the Technician who talked him down)

They're now off to Talus for healing and the Doctor is paying for everyone to have a week at a resort while he heals.

Hotheaded public agitator, in charge because most of the local group was recruited by them. Not highly skilled or even intelligent, but inspiring and dedicated. Is desperate to strike a blow against the empire and is willing to expend a lot of people to make it hurt.

Alien militia boss, someone who's built up a force of various oppressed races for self-defense, finally and reluctantly drawn into the rebellion proper. More interested in protection of his people than taking the war to the empire.

Tired old bounty hunter who's done with the violence game and offers their services as a special operations strategist, using years of profiling experience to help predict the actions of imperial personalities in the area, and occasionally being convinced to lead a team on special missions.

Would anyone be willing to share the rebel objective cards for star wars rebellion?

speaking of, anyone cracked a good solution on how to really be effective with a VCX-100?

I ran a chopper-zeb ghost, and couldn't ram anyone, then ran a hera-ezra ghost and got fucked by 2 interceptors and 2 FO ties.

sabine-phantom on both, and she was fairly effective once I brought her out. But yeah, the Ghost is still a puzzle to me.

It's a big base with a huge front arc gun and a surprisingly good dial.

I like running Chopper with Dash. FCS, autoblaster, and Hera. He covers Dash's blind spot, disrupts enemy formations, and hits like a truck.

I'd like to do that if I could, but I don't have dash, FCS, or autoblaster.

I've got k-wing, Hwk, and the core sets to play with, and a Gunner crew card gifted from a friend.

My problem seems to be that a fully-loaded ghost and phantom take up basically all 100 points, and since I haven't figured out how to either really fly that ship right, or configure it effectively, I either commit and stumble through, or don't field it at all and go with 3 of my smaller ships.

Anyone have any ideas they can give me for interior prison defenses? I'm running a scenario where prisoners have taken over an Imperial detention block, and the heroes (disguised as stormtroopers) have to face them.

So far, all I've got is a turret, reprogrammed droids, and stolen Imperial equipment. Also, the block has all it's lights turned off, so it's pitch black in there

is it just the lights turned off or is there power to other stuff?

Cus the prisoners having control over the doors might be interesting. Or some doors could be sealed.

If you're playing with friends, just proxy.

Fully loaded ghost/phantom is a trap. Keep it lean and focused. Them together is going to cost most of your points, so spend them wisely.

T-70 X-Wing: · Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
· R2-D2 (4)
Autothrusters (2)
VCX-100: · "Chopper" (37)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Fire Control System (2)
· Ghost (0)
Attack Shuttle: · Ezra Bridger (20)
Wired (1)

Only the lights are out, but door control is also an interesting mechanic.

Something else I forgot to mention: the heroes are escorting a Whiphid prisoner who they met and parted with on extremely bad terms. The prisoner can't see who they are, but he can recognize them by smell. Fortunately, his restraints make it impossible for him to relate his discovery to the real stormtroopers.

I thought I could have it so that if he takes too much damage in the encounter, his restraints will break, and he'll be free to exact his revenge on the heroes.

Anyone have idea how to improve on this, and/or the overall encounter?

x-wing noob. I will play 100 point next week and I have a Lambda Shuttle some interceptors and tie fighters.. an advanced, a defender and a stealth one.... can you suggest a good build ? i kinda want to use the shuttle too. Thank you

Shuttle w/ Vader is always a fun addition. 24 points of fuck you.

Throw in Soontir and some ties and you should be good.

How much Space Station 13 can you add to the encounter?

I'm making my first character for an EotE campaign and i'm a bit confused. So I put one rank into medicine and it goes from two green dice to one green and one yellow. I spend an additional 30 XP to make it rank 2 and it becomes two yellow dice right?

XP is skill level*5 with an extra 5(?) cost for out of career/specialization skills. So if medicine is a class skill for ou it will cost 10 to get rank 2. You are correct it will be 2 yellow assuming your int is 2.

yeah my int is 2. thats dope

Matt?

nope

droid rights.

slap the shit out of some humans.

So, i want to pick up Imperial Assault as Rebels, i made this list:
Luke
Leia
C3P0
R2-D2
Gideon
Elite Saboteurs
Elite Saboteurs

Command Cards:
2xExplosive Weaponry
Lock On
Sons of Skywalkers
Devotion
Jump Jets
Single Purpose
Planning
Take Initiative
Hard to Hit
Element of Surprise
To the Limit

I still have 3 cards and 6 points left, what other command cards should i take?

REMOVE DROID
BUTLERIAN JIHAD BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

>h8 chief
This is gold

There are several good options even without getting into expansions beyond the core set, saboteurs, and Leia.

At some point, you'll have a saboteur where you want it at the start of a round. When that happens, Maximum Firepower is great - spend 2 actions to make an attack with +4 damage. Gideon can use Take It Down to give Luke, Leia, or a Saboteur an attack with +2 damage. Both of those are 3-cost cards.

Deadeye, Fleet Footed, and Rally are all good 0-cost command cards from the core set.

Change of Plans is great with two groups of saboteurs. You can use it even if one of the figures in a group has been killed. But it costs 1 point, so you couldn't run it with both of the 3-cost cards unless you took something else out of the deck.

You'd have to pick up the Alliance Smuggler to get it, but Heart of Freedom is a great 2-cost command card for rebels. Heal, move, and discard a harmful condition, all without spending an action. Negation is phenomenal if you ever pick up Return to Hoth.

I'm not sure how much use you'll get from Jump Jets or To the Limit (to the limit has to be used after a special action, and if you use it to take a move, you're stunned after gaining the movement points, before you can spend them). Using Devotion to get Son of Skywalker is great, but if you already have Son of Skywalker, it's kind of a dead card (until you play SoS and use Leia to shuffle it back into the deck, at least). Take It Down would give you another card to Devotion for.

Piggybacking off of , I have all the IA wave 1 stuff but never got to play it much. I love the AT-STs, is there any way to make a decent list with 1 or 2 or even Weiss?

At a recent tournament, I played an AT-ST in a list and went 1-2, and both of my losses were close. I scored 32 against a trooper swarm list that I knew was a bad matchup, and a game against Luke, Leia, regular Echo Base and elite Rebel troopers and some support I lost on a tiebreaker at 35.

My list was an AT-ST, elite Officer, 2 groups of regular Stormtroopers and an elite Stormtrooper group. The AT-ST can be a good counter to the Bantha Rider, since the Bantha can't bully the AT-ST the way it can non-massive figures. But I didn't get to play against any Bantha Riders, even though 1/3 of the lists at the tournament ran them.

But I don't think more than one AT-ST would be viable.

That's a shame. Is Weiss worth a damn?

The Trandoshan is the only one in this pic who knows how to hold a firearm, apparently.

I think he can be. He definitely wants to run with troopers, to get the most out of his personal command card. I'd probably run him with 3 x regular Stormtroopers and 1 x regular Heavy Stormtroopers. I'd make sure to put 2 x Reinforcements in the command deck, as well. Keep recycling those troopers!

I wish more sci-fi artists, writers, and game devs had /k/ levels of autism with regards to firearm handling, military tactics, and vehicles.

I wish more sci-fi artists would stop this trend.

I wish they'd just put in the effort of at least trying to familiarize themselves with the topic before writing about it or drawing it.

I think part of it is a stigma of being compared to "right wing nut jobs" like tom Clancy.

Welcome to shitty prop departments and the fact that a lot of film and theater people have literal phobias of actual guns. I've heard some stories from a guy who does firearms training for actors and it's just insane what morons some of those people can be

>I wish they'd just put in the effort of at least trying to familiarize themselves with the topic before writing about it or drawing it.
That'll be a cold day in hell.
A big problem here is that tons of artistic sorts lean to strong anti-gun politics and therefore don't know shit about guns and refuse to learn

It's entirely possible to be knowledgeable about firearms, military tactics, etc., without your writing turning into gun masturbation.