Pokemon Quest #142

Critical Thinking Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You and Robin won your double battle against Robert, the fire master of the Elite Four, and her dad.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 9

Pokemon on you:
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Devon (Houndoom)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Vlad (Crobat)
Destiny (Kingdra)

Not in party:
Trunks (Trevenant)
Fel (Butterfree)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Aria (Meloetta)
Raistlin (Alakazam)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/AzZhZ6xf]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[Oh right, latest smutbin: pastebin.com/AzZhZ6xf]

Havent been around for lik 100, suddenly twitter alert. Is this quest still worth it?

Gobble. Whatever you are doing now, gotta give you credit for sticking with this so long.

I wonder if should catch up.

HYPE!

Thanks for the smut based not-kill Gobble.

...yeah om drunk

Nearly beat one elite 4 perfectly, crushed another spirits completely, smuts bins produced as normal.

If ya enjoyed before yeah, if you left cuz you got bored of it probably not

Uh, maybe try picking it up again. It's still going quite strong! Far less salt than early threads too.

>Is this quest still worth it?

IMO it has very good writing, and i always get immense enjoyment out of it.

94/100 minor writing mistakes is about the worst that happens.

Very worth reading.

Robert agreed not to go on a one-man war against Team Imperium after you beat him and got him to actually listen to what they've been up to.

“Robin,” Robert looks down at his daughter. “I’d like a moment alone.”

The others scoot out of their chairs and begin to leave. Robin grabs your hand, though. “Whatever you want to say, you can say in front of her.”

You of course don’t argue against this.

“Very well.” He sighs. “I believe that it’s possible I can...misjudge, a situation. Robin, are you safe?”

Robin nods.

“Are you happy?”

Robin nods.

“No trouble with the...hrm...” He motions to her eye.

She blinks and it turns into a smiley face. She blinks again and it’s normal.

He grimaces for just a second, then nods and grunts, relieved with her answer. He turns to you. “Kat, should you not succeed in the championship, I’d like you to consider taking over my old gym.”

You're not sure how to feel about Robert. He's changed his tune a lot since you beat him today, but he's also been a gigantic jerk to you since you've met him. He's hurt Robin too, and threatened your friends. Is he just doing this because he's in shock? Does he only respect strength?

Is this an olive branch that you want to take?

>He should offer that to Robin
>Politely decline
>Accept
>You'll consider it
>Something else

Thanks Gobble, a nice one!

>You'll consider it
Gym leader? I dunno. Kat would beat up so many poor kids, especially the snooty ones...

>>Accept
>>Because if we aren't champion it means Robin won and she can't run a gym that way anyway

If that happens, I'll consider it, but Robin deserves it more honestly. Of course,....... can there be two gym leaders from the same gym?

>Critical Thinking Edition

Welp we're fucked.

>>You'll consider it

Supporting

Holy shit. So I have 100 or so threads worth of worthy reading. PRAISE THE SUN.

.. do i still need to occasianallu fap and has kat been dicked. if so i dont wanna.

I mean that's fine and all, but does Kat actually want to run a gym at all?

We have a ranch and slowbros to look after.

At least we will eventually.

>You'll consider it

There are bins so go fap away,

Kat has been dicked once in a noncanon bin that was pretty fucked upped that you can ignore

I personally don't see her doing it, but that's just me.

I'm still shilling for Diantha style famous champion. Actress etc

>Politely decline

I've got my own goals unfortunately.

ok thanks. now off to find the thread where i last was.

Did you have a good week, Gobble?

“That’s a nice offer, but shouldn’t you be asking Robin?”

He looks at you like you’re the dumbest person on the planet. “Robin has expressed that she is not interested in it.” he turns to her, slightly hopeful, “unless that’s changed.”

Robin awkwardly fiddles with her food for a second. She puts her fork down and looks up. “N-no.” She chokes down her urge to explain or apologize. “I want to be the new champion.”

“Then there you have it. Robin will become the new champion, and you will run my...your gym.” He says both points like they’re facts.”

“I’ll consider it,” you offer a handshake.

He shakes and nearly crushes your hand. It doesn’t seem like that was his intention, just how he shakes. “I await your answer, then. Be warned, other applicants may beat you to it if you delay too long.”

He takes out two fire badges. They don’t hold any official meaning anymore, since he left his old gym to become part of the elite four, but they mean something to him.

“Geno will know you better than you know yourself. He will ask for the match to have an amount of Pokemon according to his greatest advantage. He typically prefers three per side. Do not underestimate his ability to find your weakness and strike it.”

(continued)

He gets up to leave, then stops himself.

This giant of a man, with a fiery, impossible to ignore presence, looks just a little bit smaller. “I understand you've spoken to your mother lately. Has she....mentioned me, at all.”

Robin fiddles with her food again. She really doesn't want to get involved in this. Violet has said nothing except for maybe an off-hand comment about him having held her and her Pokemon back by being too soft when she left him.

It dawns on you that maybe that’s part of the reason he’s such a hardass.

>Forget about that bitch. Move on
>Tell him what she said
>Make something up that he needs to hear (write-in)
>Tell him she hasn’t mentioned him at all
>Don’t say anything, leave this to Robin
>Something else

I dunno, either this or saying she hasn't mentioned him. But Robin should have the biggest say.

>>Don’t say anything, leave this to Robin

Also give Robin so prodding to make sure she gets we want her to say something

[Long, long week. Working too much.]

[Holy poop, user. That's way more praise than I deserve. Thanks!

[I hope you enjoy it. Sorry about any spelling/grammar issues. Wrote drunk, edited sober.]

>Forget about that bitch. Move on

>[I hope you enjoy it. Sorry about any spelling/grammar issues. Wrote drunk, edited sober.]
I'm sure it's fine, Gobble. As long as it's not the reverse!

>Something else
Ask what she used to be like.

She couldn't have always been a psychopathic ballsack.

That's actually a fair idea...though I dunno if now is the best time to ask, but it couldn't be too bad I suppose.

>>QST go to your own board faggots

Everything prior is on here. Fuck off and save me saving another archive link.

Well, good luck but I've got a prerelease to get to for the TCG.

Everything prior is on here.

This is the main reason i will never move to QST as long as i can help it, and one of the multiple BIG reasons i don't support the board in general.

That isn't to say i hate qst, but i don't want it shoved down my throat.

Mods have been banning retards like you since /qst/ got put up. /qst/ isnt a fucking Jew oven for the quests. Until the mods say otherwise, quests are still PLENTY welcome on Veeky Forums.

You look to Robin. She can’t really decide how she wants to handle this. So you stall a bit to let her figure it out.

“What was she like before?”

He looks off into another world. “Passionate. That’s what I remember most about her. She loved Pokemon dearly. We’d go on walks in the forest and she’d stop to make sure every damned Caterpie and Metapod was alright. She’d teach me how to care for Pokemon, I’d teach her how to teach them to stand up for themselves.”

“What changed?”

He downs the rest of drink. It’s just now that you realize he’s been pounding back quite a lot of alcohol. “Nothing, I supposed. You’ll realize this as you grow older, but life has a way of stalling all those little dreams you have until it’s too late. She became restless. She always had this way of justifying any little thing she did by saying it was for the greater good of a Pokemon. Even when she left, it was because she owed it to her Pokemon to fulfill their dream of a cruelty free world.” He sighs. “Perhaps, at times, I may have let my anger get the best of me. But I don’t hate her. I loved her.” he looks at Robin. “She gave me something...something all the strength in the world couldn’t.”

Robin slams her hands on the table. “M-m-mom ruined everything! You’re finally starting to act like you did before she left! D-d-don’t let her suck you in again.”

“Robin-”

“You’re a bad dad. You used to be good, but you let her make you bad. No, she didn’t make you. You let yourself be a bad dad. I can forgive that. I can forgive Torkoal being scared of you. But I can’t forgive you if you go back to her and let her kill what’s left of my dad.” She takes out crumpled, torn, ancient looking paper. “Sign the divorce papers and get her out of your life!”

(continued)

Robin storms out.

He looks down at the papers. Robin must have held onto those forever. He picks up a pen and stares at them.

“Would you, if you were me and she was Robin?”

>Leave, chase after her
>Stay with him and encourage him to sign
>Say something (write in)
>Something else

>"We wouldn't have let it get like this"
>Leave, chase after her

>>Say something (write in)
"I don't know. I haven't known Violet like you have, but from where I am right now... I'd sign that paper."

Works

this
also
>Violet was bragging about what she did to you and Robin. I wanted to punch her in the throat so badly.

>That takes far more imagination than I have. But honestly, they're just papers. The Violet I've had the misfortune to know doesn't seem like she'd care whether they're signed or not. It's up to you to decide whether to chase the dream of getting the old her back, or salvage the family you still have.

>I'd be as big a fool as you, but I might. I would only be risking my own well-being though, and not a relationship with my kid. To me, I think that would change everything.

“I don’t know. Violet bragged about leaving. I haven't known Violet like you have, but from where I am right now. I'd sign that paper. All I can tell you is, we wouldn't have let it get like this."

The last thing you hear from that room as you leave to find Robin is the clicking of a pen.

Robin is happy. Tired, but happy. “I-I hate always bringing everything down with my...my drama. Sorry. I’m sure you’re pretty sick of this.”

You put a hand on her back. “Never. It’s fine.”

She let’s that sweet smile of hers show. “Well, that’s it for me. I-I need to take my own advice, and not let her keep having an effect on my life. Why should I even think about her when I can be here in the moment with you.”

“How poetic,” you put an arm around her.

She grabs your hand and holds it. “Come on. Let’s pamper our Pokemon before bed. They earned in. Tomorrow, we have to train.”

And that’s exactly what you do. Vance, Jeanine, and Clair are all happy to help. Their Pokemon play with yours until it’s time to sleep.

You wake up early the next day. You have one more Elite Four member to take on. Geno.

(continued)

Your friends have already done a good amount of research for you and Robin. Geno’s the dragon type master, and it shows. his Pokemon seem to land critical hits much more commonly than normal. He apparently has a knack for finding and hitting weak points, both in Pokemon and people. His Pokemon are fast too. They’re tough, very tough,, but it’s the speed and precision that stand out. He’s likely to one or two-shot some of your team before they can act if you’re not careful.

There’s a knock at the door. Speak of the devil.

“Geno,” Clair welcomes him. “This is a surprise.”

He offers the bare minimum of polite acknowledgment to her before entering. “Kat. Robin. Congratulations on making it this far.”

“T-Thanks.”

“What brings you down?”

He gives a half-sided smile. “I’m excited! As you know, I usually fight three on three, or four on four. I find that’s the strongest position in most cases to give my opponents a fair chance. A one on one is simply unfair. It’s over before it starts.” There’s no hint of arrogance. He’s stating what he considers to be a fact. “But I’ll be honest. I want to fight you on the number of Pokemon you think works best for you. I want to feel alive for this.”

He’ll be facing Robin first. She asks for a three on three.

He turns to you after. “What sort of match would you like, Kat?”

>One on one
>Two each
>Three each
>Four each
>Five each
>Six each
>Whatever he wants
>Something else

Hmmm, well I don't have any real preference so why not all six.
>Six each

>Six each

>>One on one

Our mon aren't super trained for it.

>One Pokemon best of 5 rounds.

>>Six each
Full teams

Anyone hoping for another Oberon sweep?

>>Six each
OR
>>One on one
Superspeed crit dragon showdown.

Oberon will be king

Haha, now that's an idea.

>Three each

6x6 will take weeks to do with how gobble has been running.

Eh, Oberon already showed off in the E4.

>>Six each
It's what we're most practiced with.

>Six each
It's getting late here, so good luck with the rest!

>One on one

>Six each
Might as well. 1v1 would be different, but with the theme so far, I'm afraid he'll just pull out Mega Rayquaza or something.

>Mega Rayquaza
May as well forfeit at that point.

(It seems like six on six is winning, but I hate to make assumptions.

Unless you intentionally stall, regardless of what you pick, it won't be as long as your battle with Emma. She did a lot of stall tactics. A one on one is likely to be a high-noon, wild west draw more than a battle. A six on six will be longer, but it also lessons the chances of dice going against you.

From the quick info you got from friends, he doesn't like the idea of using legendaries. He has the following confirmed Pokemon:

Ancalagon (Salamence)
Saphira (Dragonite)
Desghidorah (Noivern)
Rhaegal (Garchomp)
Fin Fang Foom (Tyrantrum)
Shenron (Flygon)
Altaria (Altaria)

With that in mind, just to be absolutely sure, how many Pokemon do you want to fight?]

>one
>six

>six

>six

>>six

>six

>one

>six

Oh shit, he named his mons. We're fucked.

>six

>six

>Shenron
>Desghidorah
>Saphira
Gobble, pls.

I'm going to laugh so hard if we sweep him with Fel

That's it, we're using him.

Best team would probably be something like:
Zappy Dan
Destiny
Fel
Oberon
Nibbles
Aria

I'd say Levi over nibbles

I'm just really jamming having rocks against 4 possible flying types.

“Six.”

“Daring. Very well. I look forward to it.”

Robin sighs in relief when he leaves. “I only had three plans I could count on.”

You don’t pressure her on revealing those. You’ll see them when she battles him.

That gives you three and a half days to do your own training. You should probably figure out who you want to use, first. You come up with a quick mental list of Pokemon based on their ability to hurt Dragon types, or resist Dragon type moves.

Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)

But for some reason, you’re feeling the urge to include Fel. He’s not the physically the strongest, but with his powder moves and Quiver Dance, he might be an unexpected showstopper.

>Swap someone for Fel (Butterfree)
>Swap someone for Aria (Meloetta)
>Swap someone for Vlad (Crobat)
>Swap someone for Trunks (Trevenant)
>Swap someone for Devon (Houndoom)
>Ask Vance if you can borrow Sneasel
>Something else

Zappy Dan
Destiny
Fel
Oberon
Nibbles
Aria

>he names his mon
>fin fang foom

Best boy right here.

Sure, ill second

>Swap Raistlin for Aria
She hasn't really had a chance to shine yet

This works.

I'll third this plan

>Swap Fel for Raistlin

Okay, so this guy's got four potential megas, right? I doubt he'll be able to mega more than one of them per fight, two tops, but I wouldn't put it past him to be capable mega-ing any one of those four.
>Mega Salamance
Absolutely fits the fast and hard M.O. Fast as hell and hits especially hard with aerialate turning normal moves flying. Very weak to ice.
>mega garchomp
We should all be familiar. Very weak to ice. Knows sand force, and will likely carry powerful rock, steel, and ground moves.
> mega tyranitar
Deceptively, not a dragon type. Rock/dark. If base form tyranitar doesn't carry sand veil, mega will. Expect overwhelming power.
>mega Altria
Fairy/dragon, probably there to eat opposing dragons. Durable.
>mega ray quads
Just because we don't have a clue about it doesn't mean it can't happen. Use destiny bond, pray.

Confused tyrantrum for tryanitar, sorry

>Rhaegal

ASOIAF DAMMIT

>Swap someone for Aria (Meloetta)
Raistlin

You scratch out your previous plan. You have a new one.

Zappy Dan
Destiny
Fel
Oberon
Nibbles
Aria

Yeah. That feels good to you.

You stretch. Now you need to come up with a plan. You know Geno’s general motif, you know his seven Pokemon, and you have a team. You just-

There’s another knock at the door.

It’s Vernon! “Hey!” You hug him. “How are you, you old fart?”

Robin gives him a hug too.

“I was headin’ straight here, but the oddest thing happened. I was asked tuh’ consult on a mass Slowbro migration. With airships no less. Fancy that, huh?” He elbows, proudly.

“Yeah, well. You know. They needed a new place and I fell into some land.”

He laughs. “Unbelievable. I've watched a lot of trainers get far and let it get to their heads. They forget it’s about the Pokemon." He looks off at the distance for just a moment, remembering his own past. “Well, I wanted you to know it went off without a hitch. Easy as can be. They’re all settled in and comfy. We built habitats an' everythin'” Vernon looks good. Years younger. He still has his cane, but he carries it instead of it carrying him.

“Oh yeah. No big deal, just tying up valuable resources and spending an absurd amount of fuel lugging some of the heaviest Pokemon around.” You see Prince Arledge. “Kidding, of course. The royal family is happy to help. Great PR. The mainland and our own island both love us these days, thanks to you.” He kisses your hand.

(continued)

Vernon smacks him away with his cane. “Kat. I think you might be onto something.” He wastes no time.

“What kind of something?”

He lays out a bunch of papers. “Sympathetic mega-evolution. A kind that surpasses normal mega-evolution. Where your Pokemon takes on physical characteristics based you.”

He pokes a bunch of stuff. “If this is something you and Devon want to do before you match with Violet, we need to start right away.”

Arledge pushes past and talks to Robin. He wants to help her train. “It’s always a good idea to have a future champion owe you a favor,” he explains when Clair presses him.

Vernon also has some other papers. He’s been hard at work. Apparently those cover lessening the effects of critical hits. That’d be perfect for Geno. Maybe even enough to counter how he operates.

But time is short. You need to pick one strategy and stick to it.

>Sympathetic mega-evolution with Devon
>Critical Hit avoidance and negation training
>Just train each Pokemon normally. Learn moves or improve stats
>Something else

>Critical Hit avoidance and negation training
save sympathy for Violet

>>Critical Hit avoidance and negation training

>>Sympathetic mega-evolution with Devon

>Just train each Pokemon normally. Learn moves or improve stats