Infinite Stars Quest 16

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Infinite Stars Quest

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are Captain SAMANTHA WELLINGS, a newly minted captain of the Centauri Accord!

"An excellent job, Captain!" Frolaytia laughs heartily, her holographic projection fizzling a bit as she does so. "A number of valuable prisoners freed, and a bloody nose sent to the Hegemony! Quite the haul for one of your first assignments!"

"Thank you." You nod, still a bit anxious about your sister Carly being out there somewhere.

"Keep this up, and you might be in for a promotion already!" Frolaytia cackles, setting aside her pipe. "However, you seem a bit troubled. Is something the matter?"

Shit, was it that obvious?

You wonder if you should tell your commanding officer about Carly and how she was apparently a pirate. She might help but... that knowledge might also put you in hot water. Elizabeth was already kind enough to keep it quiet on her own end, most likely for her own reasons, so you didn't have to worry about word getting out from that end...

>Tell Frolaytia about Carly
>Don't tell her about Carly.
>Other

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LaVIIoRKBlk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>Tell Frolaytia about Carly

>>Don't tell her about Carly.
Keep personal life and business separate.

>Tell Frolaytia about Carly

Doesn't she already know we're looking for Carly?

>Other

I guess we could wave off the nervousness as being concerned about springing so many violent offenders for about as many political dissidents that were freed.

We're going to be hunting her down so..........

Separate work and perso-

Never mind, what this guy said.

Or the fact that we may possibly be wearing a slutty maid outfit from the result of last thread.

Well, if both are true, then there's a very good reason to be nervous/agitated. It's the perfect cover!

>Wearing a maid outfit to a meeting with your boss
PROMOTIONS

Threadly reminder that our Psionically-awakened twin sister is waiting for us and cannot wait to show us the gifts given her by the her Benefactors.

it helps said boss might have pole danced with enough strength to damage a pipe.

>inb4 our sister is wearing this outfit because she just can.

You decide not to tell her for now. As Elizabeth said, this info was on a need to know basis and nobody outside your crew really needed to know right now.

"No, nothing's wrong." You shake your head. "Just a bit tired."

"Hmmm, understandable." Frolaytia nods. "If that's the case, perhaps you should head back to port and take some time off? Or are you in the mood to range out again?

Well, some leave time would be a nice break for your crew but... Carly was out there, and you didn't want to waste a second. You really wanted to find her...

>A break sounds nice.
>I really want to get out there again.
>Other

>>I really want to get out there again.

>>A break sounds nice.

>I really want to get out there again.
Haze grey and under way!

I swear we're going to become a reverse Khan equivalent in our quest to find our sister.

youtube.com/watch?v=LaVIIoRKBlk

>I shall leave you as you left me. Marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet...buried alive...buried alive.
>SAAAAAAAAAAMMM
>SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM

>Carly becomes 'That Guy' and impersonates us as she leaves us stranded.

>A break sounds nice.

No rest for the wicked, it seems.

>>A break sounds nice.

A break can go a long way than just going at it non-stop, ESPECIALLY for our crew

>47012674
>Gets caught because we had increased our bust by one size

>>A break sounds nice.
We can do our investigation when our crew rested anyway.

>Tank and Sam meet Carly
>Carly adjusts her appearance in front of the two of them so she looks a bit like Sam
>Tank cannot tell the difference and takes Carly back to the ship.

>>A break sounds nice.

>Implying Tank wouldn't just carry both Carly and Sam back and put them both in the brig until Bradford could sort them out later

>YFW Carly also has not!Bradford and not!Tank on her crew

>On every starship crew, a commander always has her Tank and her Bradford

>implying Tank hasn't got everything about Sam memorised perfectly and would know which was which.

>complete to their armor and fugly sweater.

>Tank sees twin Sams

Fuck you Bradford's sweater is awesome and looks comfy as fuck.

"Actually, I think we've still got a bit of fight in us." You try to force a smile to reassure Frolaytia. "I was wondering if there was need for us to range into Confederate territory?"

"Oh, feeling rather adventurous, are we?" Frolaytia gives a sly grin. "Well, we currently don't have any particular need to stir up trouble with the Confederacy, especially with the Hegemony starting to beat its chest along our border. I mean, there's nothing stopping you from venturing into Confederate space on your own discretion, but just know that since you won't be operating under the auspices of an official mission, you won't be getting any official Accord support..."

>I don't mind. There's something I need to investigate there, anyways.
>What kind of missions against the Hegemony are we talking about?
>Other

>There's a star captain out in Hegemony space with a Tank decked out like a CC Marine and an Advisor that looks like Matt Horner

>There's a star captain out in Confed space with a Tank decked out like a SPARTAN and an Advisor that wouldn't be too far off from Cortana in a slight suit

Feet-First into Danger!

>What kind of missions against the Hegemony are we talking about?

>>I don't mind. There's something I need to investigate there, anyways.

>>What kind of missions against the Hegemony are we talking about?

Try to think clearly people instead of charging in like Leeroy jenkins

Mudhen

Mudhen why

Well, as long as we don't just barging in and throwing our weight on Confederates.
Maybe we could plan something more... undercover there.

Goddamn, Mudhen, you're on fire.

Naissu

Sam is for lewds?

Meido Tank when?

"I don't mind." You grin. "There's something I need to investigate there, anyways."

"Do you? Well, best of luck, then." Frolaytia grins. "Hopefully I don't hear of your exploits in the news. You know how Command reacts to reports of Accord ships operating in foreign space."

"Of course." You nod.

"Well, since you're going to be the area, I suppose there's a few... 'private' assignments you can take." Frolaytia shrugs. "They're by certain 'interested parties', and not necessarily sanctioned by Accord Command. Still, they're offering quite a bit in payment, if that's your thing."

>Sorry, we don't have time for that.
>Send them over. I might find something interesting.
>Other

>>Sorry, we don't have time for that.
Time to try to law low and maintain cover.

>>Send them over. I might find something interesting.

Bounty hunting, perhaps? Or Asset Recovery?

Gives us income and maybe a lead on Carly

Well, this is the closest I have!

>Stig is Tank's smaller, silent, older brother

I WANT TO BELIEVE

>HUNK is Tank's younger brother
>Entire clan of faceless armored guys and girls

"Send them over. I might find something interesting." You shrug.

"Of course, of course!" Frolaytia nods as she taps some keys offscreen. "There! Everything's been sent over! Good luck!"

"Thanks." You say as the hologram finally fizzles out.

"Captain, we've got some incoming data from Command." Bradford announces. "You might want to take a look at these."

"Sure thing." You nod as you active your tactical display, which begins directly feeding data to you.

BOUNTY: A Confederate captain known as Amner Lee has allegedly been raiding Accord settlements and outposts. While no hard evidence can be linked to him, an rather large insurance company that has preferred to stay anonymous has offered a generous payout to anybody who confirm the destruction of him and his ship, the Shenandoah. Reward will be a weapon upgrade.

ASSET RECOVERY: One of the Confederate agri-worlds is boasting the discovery of a revolutionary new crop that can be grown in various harsh planetary environments. A certain biotech company would like a sample for their own purposes. Reward will be an infirmary upgrade.

You do note that these missions where time sensitive. If you were to go straight to searching for Carly, you'd probably miss the opportunity to take them on.

>Pursue Carly
>Bounty
>Asset Recovery
>Other

>Asset Recovery

>Bounty

>>Asset Recovery
Time to unlock that Advanced Warfare Centre/Psi Lab

>Asset Recovery
Gather Data first

>>Asset Recovery

>Asset Recovery

>Asset Recovery
Gotta make sure Natalia does safer science

>Asset Recovery

>>Asset Recovery

It's Space Weed, isn't it?

>>Bounty

Guys, WEAPON UPGRADE, why skip this?!?!

>>Bounty
If we can get plasma blasters, or just more efficient missiles, I'd be happy.

>>Bounty

No, Armchair--if anything, this will unlock Xenobiology--then we can get started on the Alien Containment and set Natalia and Amy on perfecting an underslung Arc Thrower we can mount on our rifles and SMG's.

>>Bounty

>Bounty

>>Bounty
What kind of benefits would getting an infirmary upgrade give anyways?

I guess we get a selection from a fancy catalogue for both missions.

>inb4 THANIX CANNONS

>Why not both?

>>Asset Recovery
Can't go wrong with better medical facilities.

Time sensitive. Also, space is big. Really big.

These are Guerrilla Ops.

>Asset recovery

*Literally Drooling here...* I want mah C-fractional Liquid-metal-beam gun...

>>Bounty

You open up the Asset Recovery mission and start poring over the more specific mission details. It looks like the Confederate agricultural world of New White Haven had stumbled upon a crop that could grow in a wide range of atmospheric conditions. Extremely useful for companies interested in colonial expansion.

Obviously, the crop was highly protected, with most living examples of it being kept in secure compounds and labs on the planet's surface. That wasn't even beginning to get into how the planet itself was guarded by a pretty sizeable Confederate fleet. One cruiser, three destroyers, and a half dozen corvettes. This would be an iffy one, for sure.

"Bradford, set a course for New White Haven." You instruct your First Officer.

"Aye, Captain." Bradford nods. "Amy, you heard her."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm doing it." Amy sighs as she punches in the coordinates. "It's pretty far out, so it'll probably take several hours until we get there."

"I see." You nod.

>Plan things out with Bradford and Elizabeth.
>You need to get revenge on Amy, Elsa, and Lida.
>See what Tank, Natalia, and Scott have been up to.
>Other

>>Plan things out with Bradford and Elizabeth.

>>You need to get revenge on Amy, Elsa, and Lida.

Double dowwn.