40k Feels thread

So, while talking about 40k people always think of the casualties and dead as background noise. Any artwork or stories about the guy in flak jackets/guardian armor being people is appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Love_and_Krieg
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Stories/Warhammer_40,000
1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k
1d4chan.org/wiki/Makari
youtube.com/watch?v=R0dWr-ROll4
1d4chan.org/wiki/Spared
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bumping

If anyone else has pictures like this, please share them. Thank you.

Gets me every time.

more stuff like this please

Great..now my vision is blurry

its alright bro

it makes me feel bad.
Also the entire thing where the World eaters and Blood angels were best bros.

At least this one has a happy ending

Fret not, kid's earning a place at the Emperor's table.

All these chilluns give me an idea.

I wanna involve a Schola Progenium in a DH campaign, ultimately make the players responsible for the fate of a whole mess of kids.

>8-pack
Superior aesthetics

I normally don't really like Lamenters, but one time a guy asked for a marine with children on his shoulders in a drawthread.

The drawfriend had not the same tone for the picture in mind.

The best kind of feels. Empy for life.

Terranis holds.

The fuck is my name doing on a piece of wood?!

You guys want happy feels or sad feels ? I got both.

When the emperor is finally reborn as the start child and chaos is destroyed along with all the xenos who have plagued humanity for so long

Hate to break it to you famerino, but you're dead.

Jesus...

Both friend.

Happy feels man.

Oh shit I read this story like an hour ago...

So 3/4 happy. Got it.

>Look, our own little cherub

That...would actually be an affectionate name from their view.

Why would a scion give a fuck about a dead guardsman?!

It's so sad it has to be such a big table.

>All these wasted helmets...

hahahahaha FUCK XENOS

This has needed a good story for it. I hope this works.
Sad feels incoming!

>What do you have there?
>*Startled* I-It's, Um, it's just... a package. N-nothing important...
>A package? From who?
>*Sigh* I can't keep anything from you, my friend... It's from my family, back on Ararat
>*Cocks head* Aren't you from a world that's currently under siege from chaos?
>Yes, but it was post-marked from before it fell. I don't even know why they'd send me anything. We... They, were so poor they couldn't even afford to send me a letter.
>Huh. So, aren't you going to open it up?
>I'm just worried what they might've sent me. If they couldn't afford to send a letter, then what could they have sent me in a package?
>*Leans one way* Hmm. That seems wise to me. *Leans the other way* Still, to leave it unopened would leave their gift wasted. To waste anything in the service of the Emperor borders upon heresy sister.
>But, what if it's junk? You know, things from our past that we need to forget to remain pure?
>My sister, my -friend-, I am sure that whatever it may be, so long as it is from a people that are faithful to the Emperor, that it will be something worth opening.
>Alright. *Deep breath, and then rips open the top*
>*?!?* What is it?
>It's... it's a doll. *Pulls out a battered, multi-colored, stuffed guardsman, complete with buttons for eyes and helmet with a badly drawn imperial eagle on top* It's... *sniff* It's my brother's doll.

Part 1/2

>*confused* I didn't know you had a brother.
>He was only little when I left. My brother always wanted to be a guardsman when he grew up though. He wanted nothing more than to fight against the enemies of the Imperium.
>*Nods* A good life to live for.
>But he was always afraid when he went to sleep at night. He was always crying in his sleep, or tossing and turning until he'd wake up crying out for us. He was so worried that he'd be turned away because he was afraid. So one day, I went and made this doll for him. I had to scrap and save up for the materials everywhere. A piece of cloth here, a bit of thread there.... It took me almost five months to get it done.
>...So what happened?
>*Blinks a couple tears away* When I gave it to him... his face lit up like a las bolt. It was Emperor's day and when he opened up his present, it was like one of the primarchs had come back and praised him. *sniff* He was so happy he almost squeezed the life from me. *laughs softly* He ran off and played with it all day. Nothing could seperate them.
>It was a good gift then. A very good gift.
>That night was the first night he ever slept peacefully, too. Him and his little guardsman Johann protecting him while he slept. *sniffle*
>Ah, so it gave him strength and courage then?
>It did. Others would laugh at him for it, but he would carry it with him always. He promised he would, even into the fires of war. But... For him to send it to me. I-it would mean he didn't n-need it anymore. So *sob* if he doesn't need it anymore... that means... that means-

part 2/3

>What does it... oh. Oh dear. I am so sorry, sister. I am so sorry.
>My brother! He's - *wails and sobs*
>I know, I know *Holds her fellow sister as she cries, rocking her back and forth* But he is with the Emperor now. He sleeps peacefully, with nothing to trouble him ever again. He has served the Emperor faithfully. *Strokes her head* There is some comfort in this.
>How? How can I take any comfort in this? *sobs and sniffles*
>*breaths slowly* He held the line, with his fellow guardsman at his side. As any guardsman would. Just as any of us would. He held the line my sister, he held the line.

3/3

:^(

hahahahaha FUCK MON'KEIGH

Fucking Xenos. Always ruining our nice guardsmen.

Mon'keigh
>tough
>cool
>confident in own ability
>Is able to have fun in moderation
>hates psykers

Eldar
>weak
>not cool
>arrogant
>Can't have any fun or slaanesh will appear
>loves psykers

xenos pls go

Oh shit I like. Do tell!
Are they going to end up in a situation like the 6th Cain book, with them being in a Schola as the planet comes under attack?

old school feels

I havent' read the book, but was thinking something like that. Give them free reign to either get the kids out of the way or induct them to fight off the enemy.

Mostly to see how they'll handle it. In either case, I plan on making any kind of victory hard won.

Nice. Keep in mind that if it's a developed Schola there will be everything from little kids right up to mid/late teens.

>Space smallpox

Do any of you guys remember when tg tried to make the lifewatch chapter, where a bunch of space marines would look after children

Because once upon a time their fluff didn't suck

i want a fucking plushy terminator. where is my fucking plushy terminator emperor? you said there would be plushy terminators, FUCK!

Probably not, only one frequents Veeky Forums, and he's mostly a /pol/ack.

Which one would you like sister?

I should ask my grandma to knit one like that for me before she joins my grandpa

Does anyone have the story that went with

Learn to knit

In a wide blast crater not much deeper than 2 meters filled with cold rain water, in the days dying light of a burning world, ragged men in filthy crimson tunics stand at rigid attention in thin ranks in front of a young Lieutenant. The smooth cheeked subaltern's face was gaunt and dirty, his eyes baggy and darkly circled. "Report Colour Sergeant!" he shouted in his best imitation of a command voice.
'Sir! The 2nd Company, 288th Praetorian Guard Regiment reports 24 able bodied, 36 walking wounded, 79 dead, 5 missing. Sir!" Bellowed the grizzled campaigner.
A scant week before the Lieutenant had been the 2nd Platoon commander. With Captain Blevins gone he was the acting Company Commander at the tender age of 21.
The Lieutenants voice, throat dry, cracked ever so slightly "Very Good Colour Sergeant." Stand at ease.
"Men, I have not been able to raise Regimental Headquarters for 2 days now on the vox com. None of the 4 runners I have sent have returned. Ammunition is critically low. The filthy Xenos have surrounded us. I have our final orders here, if such a contingency were to occur. The Emperor provides. The Lieutenant opened the blood stained and dirty envelope that Capt. Blevins had pressed into his hands with his dying breath, still coughing up blood. With fingers trembling ever so slightly he opened the crimson red wax seal, breaking the embossed Imperial Aquila and removing a single piece of paper.
"2nd Company, Attention to orders"!
The men snapped to attention rather smartly all things considered. Months of tutelage on the parade grounds back on Praetoria, eternally ingrained into weary muscles were not so easily forgotten.
"Fix- Bayonet!"
"Fix - Bayonets!" echoed from the lips of every acting Platoon leader to acting Squad leader. As blades rattled from scabbards and clicked into place over the muzzles of M36 Lasguns.

"The 2nd Company, 288th Praetorian will advance!"
Colours to me!" The acting standard bearer smartly did an about face positioning himself next to the Lt.
Shaky hands brought the hefty chain sword to the Lieutenants shoulder, at the carry. He glanced 5 paces to his left center rear at his Colour Sergeant.
"It has been an honour to serve with your Colour Sergeant Jones." All weariness gone from his voice.
Eyes locked straight ahead in a steely stare, body at the position of attention for the millionth time at the position of attention over a long career the veteran replied "And you sir, you'd have made a fine Colonel one day. For the Emperor." the slightest trace of sadness in his voice.
"For the Emperor indeed Colour Sergeant." the lieutenant nodded. In a second that lasted a minute he caught a glance of the last wisps of the beautiful pink sky. Gulping down a lump in his throat and steeling his voice he shouted.
From his shoulder at the carry position the Lieutenant pointed his sword toward the enemy.
"Company, At the quick time, Forward- March!"

Under the last rays of fading pink light under the twin moons of Gaxor IV, the remainder of the 2nd Company, 288th Praetorian Guard Regiment did smartly and at the quick time advance. Thin ranks covered and aligned, dressed right and smartly, like on the grinder in Pretoria. Chests out bellies in. Shoulders square and chins up. M36 lasguns empty of charges, or near, tipped with clean bayonets, properly maintained per Muntorium regulations held waist level at the ready.

The Lieutenant whispered under his breath "Lord Emperor for what we are about to receive, make us eternally grateful".
Advancing over up and over the muddy slope of a shallow blast crater and into withering shuriken fire.
After the Company Colours had fallen but before the last Guardsman did his bayonet was red with Xeno blood.

For the Emperor.....

Then fall in lads behind the drum
With colours blazing like the sun.
Along the road to come what may
Over the hills and far away.

What story?

Love and Krieg. Quite the heart-warming read, from where "Terranis holds. Forever." comes from.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Love_and_Krieg

I know about Love and Krieg, LCB and shoggy stories, am I missing any good 40k story spawned by Veeky Forums?

Seconding this, it got me hard in the feels when I read it.

Yes.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Stories/Warhammer_40,000

Not all of these are created by Veeky Forums, but I'd recommend 1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k

If you're looking for more feels, I'd suggest 1d4chan.org/wiki/Makari

Anyone have the bolt-pistol comic and the Veeky Forums followup?

God dammit. And normally I really like the idea of people riding on a marine's shoulders, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=R0dWr-ROll4

Prospero feels.

here

Cheers mate, thanks

Depends on your tastes. There's a ton of it, so you'll probably find something that you like. What are you particularly interested in?
You can check the storytime threads on warosu, too.

See Looks like he aimed above the head and only hit the cap.

I wish there was a continuation of this. The art's damn good.

Also what happened to his dad? Was he a closet heretic or did his son draw the chaos star on him and report him to the arbites? How did his son find out? How did the arbites find out?

It just leaves me with so many questions.

I was looking for good stories between imperials and Tau. I've recently read blades of Damocles and I have a need for more stories involving the two factions.

Artist is called torture-device.
He's a slaaneshi fan.

Its actually a harakoni warhawk, and the helmet is of his son, one just trying to make his father and emperor proud.

>And thus the Emperor's Children never fell to chaos

I only wish that were the case ;_;

indeed terranis always holds.

So that armour isn't of exclusive use to Scions?

no the scion armor is slightly different design. the mask is similar but the helmet and armor are of a different design.

This picture makes me want to make a Only war Campaign where the PC's are child soldiers.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Spared
Read the second Last Chancers book, too. It's excellent.

that could be interesting if done right. (i.e. no magical realms)

there's a nice short story in the Deathwatch book. If you look, I know you can find a PDF for it somewhere. I might try to dig for it for you.

I can't even make out what's on his shoulders, anyone able to enlighten this half blind prick?

Always.