MTG Modern General

Anyone else like the new BW Eldrazi Taxes deck? Seemed pretty fun to me. I like these new Eldrazi decks without eye, just big creatures with good stuff, it's pretty fun and fair. Interested in seeing who wins the scg tourney today. Lot of Abzsn Company, the deck seems to just keep getting better as we move forward, seems like as long as there's creature tutors, that deck will stick around. Also the 8-0 D&T player last night cheats.

Other urls found in this thread:

starcitygames.com/events/coverage/3757_day_2_metagame_breakdown_.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was building that deck before Eldrazi exploded, same as a lot of people were. It's fun, but I hate TKS in a deck where Aether Vial and Temple pull you in differing ways.

What do you mean Eldrazi exploded? Like after it got banned? Why build a bad version before it got banned?

Jim Davis said BW Eldrazi Taxes is bad, pack it in everyone.

It is. D&T lacks tools to compete in Modern.

So everyone agrees that infect is the best deck in the format right?

Jund is popular right now, so no.

Haven't you ever heard the rule that infect is bad when bolt is big?

I played against the deck with U Tron and absolutely dumped on it. So it must fucking blow.

thats not true because lighting bolt is bad against it and it has a good match up against jund.

It has some game against (GR) Tron which frankly will never be tier 1 again without Eye. Just unban Eye, ban temple and mimic and be done with it.

>lightning bolt is bad against infect
Are you retarded?

He also thinks jund is bad against infect, so probably

so it is good to see that you guys just started but infect has these things called, become immense, apostle's blessing, everything that give +4/+4, spell pierce, spellskite, vines of vastwood inkmoth nexuses, wild defince, dryad arbor, and more. The match up is easy for infect.

are you guys dumb, that match up is everything but a by for infect

>he doesn't know you can cast removal during your main phase

in response i cast vines of vastwood.

damn it Veeky Forums why are you so bad at magic.

Is this like the new fresh meme or something?

no, the match up is just in infects favor and people are being dumb.

No, as in before it was even a deck. Processors and the BW Taxes builds predated the second set of the block, which is where Eldrazi as most people now know it took off.

I pay 2 life and redirect to my spellskite

>implying it is game two
>implying that i can't kill it and keep going with the vines
learn how to play magic retards

It is junk not jund with the good match up against infect. Infect is practically built to beat jund while junk has a tutorable Melria and can out value infect. all the jund has is k command.

Are you fucking stupid? Before you even have a chance to try to buff your creatures, I can thoughtsieze or IoK them out of your hand.
Plus, Jund runs shit loads of removal, more than protection you have. Also -2 lili

though seize doe not hurt the deck is redundant, I have just as much protection with two spellskites, four vines, four apostal's blessings and all the pumps. also fetch four arbor is one of the oldest tricks infect has. Are jund fags really this salty that there $1200 deck has a bad match up.

Nah, your just clearly retarded and never played against Jund. Thoughtsiezing and IoK'ing out all your threatsakes it easy enough.
But with 3 Abrupt Decays, 3 Terminates, 2 K commands, 4 Bolts, and 2 Pulses, I have much more removal than you. Since I don't have to care about damage from you, I can have several confidants out and am much more likely to have the cards I need than you as a result

>Jund is $1200 dollars

did you just wake up from a coma? Jund is like 2k now. also, the matchup is generally unfavorable for infect game 1, but invisible stalker really does a lot of work out of the sideboard.

uhhhh... block with tarmogoyf
in response you pump
bolt?
response pump again?
dismember?
oh wait I already thoughtseized that 2nd pump out of your hand
my turn? lily -2
gg scrub

>I don't have to care about damage from you

wow, not the guy you were replying to, and I'm also not saying the mu is good for infect, but this is how you get killed by pumped hierarchs/skites

>taking the bait
>baiting

Shame on both of you

Eating the bait
Fuck off troll

>it's ok guys, i was just PRETENDING to be retarded

I wasn't the one shitposting. Just calling out the troll and all the folks that got too many vaccines to realize there's a shitposter.

>tfw when went 1-4 to infect in a deck with 11 maindeck instant speed removal
>tfw every game i lost was to an inkmoth and the game i won was where he mulled to like 5 and had no protection for his inkmoth

June is bad against infect? When the fug did this happen?

why were you playing sets of 5?

Never. That user is just dumb. Jund is the most, or one of the most, played decks in the new meta.

Jund is infect's 2nd worst mu, everyone else is trying to out-autism each other.

>Fucking up your triggers

YOU IDIOT!!!!!

oh maybe i formatted wrong. we did two matches. i lost the first 0-2 and the second 1-2. so counting games overall i was 1 and 4. inkmoth nexus is a terror

>Abzan Company

I was facing some dude who was playing Modern for the first time with a list from some primer and he ended up making first place - just play every creature on curve like some braindead 14 y o and clog the board until you eventually win - this deck is everything that is wrong with modern

I don't even get why they banned Pod to begin with
we are at the fucking same point again where Finks/Redcap Combo are easy as fuck to assemble as early as turn 3 and reliably on turn 4
they have access to every sideboard card in a format that is defined by sideboard cards and where everyone else is denied any sort of filtering

I mean seriously, why do you ban Pod and then print two new pieces for the deck? what is the fucking purpose?

>mfw my friend took this bait

he couldn't redirect any faster.

Kill the deck, throw them a bone. This new company deck is nowhere near as potent. It cares too much about the combo, old pod stopped being a combo deck and was just valuetown when it was banned

Just when I'm starting to think Modern General might someday get better at Magic, a mouthbreather says Infect is good. Goddammit Veeky Forums.

>le anime shitposter face
O user surely thou jest

And what deck do you play?

Between Voice making */*s pop up, Scooze randomly hosing a lot of strategies as a maindeck card, Fulminator Mages doing Wasteland impressions and Finks beating for 5 I don't feel like this deck cares for it's combo as much as you say it does.

As I wrote, without removal or filtering for any other color but green they can just play everything on curve, still have mana open for Chord/CoCo and win just by the fact that they play nothing but creatues in a format where efficient removal is considered Hitler

Grixis Control. Infect folds hard enough to Bolt, Kommand, Terminate and Electrolyze that I can't even imagine how much harder Jund fucks it with Abrupt Decay and Liliana. Infect feeds even more free matches than Twin did.

>Be Infect's hardest matchup
>Wonder why the deck folds so easily

Don't be retarded, user, even Jund is easier to face.

All the cards you listed are played in several decks, run in sideboards or as 1 ofs in the deck. Yeah the deck is strong but any deck with interaction can beat it. Jund plays a lot of those creatures but runs efficient removal and is an all round better deck.
>efficient removal is considered hitler
Are you high? Have you seen kommand vs affinity? Abrupt decay against most permanents? Path and bolt are crazy too. Coco requires it to have an active graveyard and works with 3 creatures. If that is too linear of a combo you're deck has no interaction at all. What do you even play that can't bolt in response to the combo? Yeah they have value creatures, so does pretty much every deck in this format, but they opted for a combo side than removal.

Why are Memedern players such babies?

>waaaaaah muh reprints

Infect's hardest matchup is melira co. Abrupt decay is v good against me unless I'm on nexus, in which case it looks real silly. Jund and grixis are both definitely not good for me, but they aren't unwinnable like company is.

I mean, at least try a little with your trolling

>play nothing but creatues in a format where efficient removal is considered Hitler
Modern decks run the most removal out of all the formats

Yea Melira can be a bitch but its only one card that you will often have an answer to.

I've folded hard to Grixis due to the obscene amount of removal and counterspells, but I guess that it just depends on the matchup.

>Yea Melira can be a bitch but its only one card that you will often have an answer to.
Such as? Unless you can deal 20 normal damage with Hierarch good luck drawing your one-of Dismember.

Sorry, meant to type that its only one card that you have to worry about.

Also doing 20 damage isn't impossible.

You probably won't have to deal 20 since nearly every deck doesn't care about going fetch->shock against infect.
You'll probably have to deal 14-16, which is still hard

It's not, but requires a nut draw and isn't an option after infinite life combo, the turn after you're dead.

>trolling

>waaaaah y u no reprint Tarmogoyf instead of Dead Weight?

>Implying that I don't nut all the time.

they also run spellskite, a ton of tutors, and generally clog up the board with a bunch of dumb blockers that don't die. I can occasionally just cheese midrange decks out with an early kill.

>dumb blockers that don't die
Do you not Distortion Strike or Blighted Agent?

I don't really like distortion strike and I'm not going to mulligan to agent. there's only one company in my meta anyway, the rest is easy as balls.

>distortion strike
Slips are the new meta brah

>Opponent shuffled his deck after cascading

JUUUUUUDJE!

As a owner of 4 decks (Ex Twin, Jund, Affinity and Infect), I must say Jund and Junk/Abzan preys on infect decks since the chance of winning for jund is 70 - 30, however SoI gave the UG Infect some tools to defend from discard. The new sorcery counterspell for U was a big surprise when I played vs an infect guy. He made the fucking match last over 10 minutes, time enough to setup delirium and remove my stuff from my deck. I kept killing his creatures and spellskites, hoping to land a lily (bobs didnt showed that match unfortunately). He saved a fucking negate to screw my lili. My tarmos were countered by spell snare and I was wondering what the fuck was going on. Had abrupt decays in hand that were useless vs the Inkmoth and died of Aids.

I still believe Infect is not good vs Jund, but they have now some stuff to fuck us if we go with the full discard and and beat plan.

Nevermind judge I read the card now

Sry m8, but you must be a shitty jund player for losing vs infect.

>starcitygames.com/events/coverage/3757_day_2_metagame_breakdown_.html

Scape and Elves are popular. Odd because Elves had many problems in this meta. Also, Mono-Red Dragons. I need a list.

that literally never happens when you play against someone who knows what the hell they are doing, and there is always more than two pumps. lily 2 take arbor, fuck off fags and learn to play magic.
jund has always been bad against infect, people on Veeky Forums are just being bad at magic again.

>Kalitas making a full comeback from 1 life

$50 card soon?

half of jund does nothing to infect.

you never have just a one of dismember dumb ass, there are always multiples plus infect has plenty of filter now

Already hit 35 beaver bucks. It's fucking stupid. Modern playable mythics that see play as a 1 of, while in print are that expensive. Fucking avacyn is around 65 beaver bucks this is jace the mind sculpture levels of cost

>1-of

Grixis deck was running it as a 3-of just now

Jund being hard for infect at all is the joke

What
The
Fuck.
Seriously?!

Check the SCG stream, they're playing now.

Living End vs Grixis Control

Jesus christ. Who knew the card was that good?

Jesus christ. Who knew the card was that good?

If you're being serious, a 3/4 with Lifelink that exiles your opponent's creatures and basically 2 for 1's with giving you zombies and can pump himself for 2BB is pretty damn good.

Jund and grixis players in my area have been on the Kalitas train since he came out. The guy wins games by himself.

The living end player is so bad.

I still need to buy my set of Traitors. Foil or non-foil?

Foils are shit

I got 2 foils back when they were only $25.
I love them. Kalitas is just so goddamn good

Fuck off with your trolling mait

But they also increase in price exponentially compared to non-foils, and right now it's only $30 vs $40.

Stop posting useless, off-topic reaction images.

Calling out a troll

Cant give an opinion since th lack of details in the story, but as I understood, was that we gotta make sure we have discard on t1 before they can defend with that new counterspell.
I agree we can get screwed if that thing is cast with delirium. Removing our IoK and Thoughtseizes can be a pain.
Some jund players remove their lightning bolts and rely on lily/bob/goyf + discard spell because of the fear of them having wild defiance and that is a mistake. Lightning bolt is one of the best spells in modern and they shouldnt be removed post sideboard.

>feeding a troll with (you)s
>still posting worthless, shitty reaction images
Please leave and never return.

not trolling I am right

I guess I did a great job buying a set for 20$ when they were spoiled.

>Some jund players remove their lightning bolts and rely on lily/bob/goyf + discard spell because of the fear of them having wild defiance and that is a mistake. Lightning bolt is one of the best spells in modern and they shouldnt be removed post sideboard.
That really seems like it should go without saying. Wild Defiance still eats Decay, and chances are better that Bolt puts in work than Defiance lands and sticks around.

If you want to play with them, foils are the original expeditions. Overpriced cards that look bad.

The reason modern decks run so much removal is, because it is creature centric
The reason why control still doesn't work is because the removal is shit compared to what creatures can do

No matter what removal you pack, you always got huge blind spots in certain matchups while a creature always does the same no matter what opponent you face - you can always slam it on the board an kill with it

Also, try to stay on card parity when you try to remove Finks and Voice
Even PtE, the most easily available removal, that bypasses their abilities gives your opponent a free card

That is what I call inefficient removal - we are already at a point where creatures aren't on par with point removal but surpassed it

Efficient removal in this format would have to be shit like a Doom Blade with Investigate - or something like StP - heck I wouldn't care if they printed Swords to anything that is not them gaining card/board advantage

But, you only shuffle the revealed cards and put them on the bottom of the library?