How likely is it for Ethereum to be #1 in marketcap in 5 years...

How likely is it for Ethereum to be #1 in marketcap in 5 years? Im not sure if im deluded but i think its inevitable that Ethereum will overtake BTC in the future.

as much as I'd like for it to happen, I'm accepting it not

people that own microsoft don't get upset when apple has a bigger market cap

Ethereum is shit. Buy it for an investment but don't expect it to be a longterm hold. It's extremely over valued and its developers have no clue what the hell they're doing.

>It's extremely over valued and its developers have no clue what the hell they're doing.
Ahahahhaahahah are you serious? What you just said completely applies to Bitcoin

Yes, it sure does. Do you think this fact somehow hurts my feelings or something?

>Ethereum is shit. Buy it for an investment but don't expect it to be a longterm hold. It's extremely over valued and its developers have no clue what the hell they're doing

Absolute state of /biz

I'd never hold Eth. Vitalik is literal commie

>Vitalik said something again...

Yeah sure but lets ignore all the bullshit the coredevs have been saying in their personal lives. Kek not to mention their backers. Focus on the tech and stop making personal attacks.

Vitalik is such a fag

What? Is this b8?

Ethereum is not going to be the only smart contracts platform that will exist. The DAO hack demonstrated that Ethereum's founders are inept idiots that can't even write software on their own platform. Not a good look! Add to the fact that its founder is a pro-censorship communist hack is a contradiction to the entire stated purpose of Ethereum.

You know, he's right. The problem is there's no way to really guarantee that the 'good guys' are in charge, and if such a thing were possible, regular checks should occur.

does bitcoin even have active developers I thought everything that development was a spin off project not like an official thing from satoshi

Nobody cares about who you think the good guys are. Whether you like it or not, censorship is a contradiction to Ethereums entire premise. Deal with it.

Well, Core added some bugs like RBF or Segwit but generally you are right.

Eth is way undervalued right now and leagues ahead of any coin out there. Stacking planned in December on 1 in 50 blocks. Once more stacking is out, it's going to be huge. Will pass Bitcoin in market cap next year or I'll eat my dick on live TV.

Bit yeah vitalik is a fag but he doesn't let it get in the way of his project.

>no immutability
>proof of stake
>inflationary
dropped as fuck
The only reason its over 3 dollars is because of icos and bitcoins own slowness causing people to move funds using eth

I really think we need a more precise defintion. I think we all censor in some way. "Fuck your mother if you want fuck" is a good example of a failure of censorship, so there's a... thing for Bitcoin Cash.

the Ethereum crew can't even write functional secure scripts on their own shit. If these guys can't even create anything functional on a platform that they themselves created how do you expect simple Bob from X company to do it? Ethereum is broken and insecure. It will be supplanted by a smart contracts platform more stable eventually. It is definitely overvalued because at the present time not only are few using it as a currency but even fewer are using it for its intended purpose. Most of its growth is being fueled by ignorance. Not only that, it's a pile of shit and it will never ever see widespread adoption. Ethereum is a farce. Make money on it but don't ever expect it to reach the heights that a bunch of dumb monkeys expect it to

Proof of stake is amazing and people eat it up. Once it's full proof of stake it will be $2,000 a coin or more.

Also deflation is suicide for any currency. There was talk of making eth deflationary with POS but they are smart enough to realize that isn't good. The inflation will be very small though.

Look at Dash for what proof of stake does for a coin. A complete shitcoin with nothing going for it but proof of stake and time in the market.

>Also deflation is suicide for any currency
Is it because no one will spend it?

Yes. Look at Japan.

does bitcoin even have developers? if so, do they work for btc? or bitcoin cash? or bitcoin gold? or whatever the next joke spinoff is?

>People don't get his sarcasm

An inflationary centralized mutable shitcoin versus a deflationary noncentralized immutable bitcoin. Uh, I wonder which coin will win...

ETH doesn't compete with BTC. It's an ECorp coin.

ETH and smart contracts are clearly the future and I'm glad it's in the hand of an intelligent guy like Vitalik.
All the dumb ass /pol/acks are butt hurt because he made a joke about Trump

Oh look he's a sarcastic leftist and i once saw a video of him sniffing his upper lip

Guess that means THE NUMBER TWO CRYPTOCURRENCY IN A MARKET OCCUPIED BY SHITCOINS IS BUNK

ETH overtaking Bitcoin in 5 years or less is inevitable barring:
1) superior technology comes out of nowhere and overtakes both
2) vitalik dies
/pol/ is progressive compared to my views, so believe me when i say i wish it wouldn't happen. but trading on what you want to happen is a terrible idea