Tfw GMing at the flgs as a fit, charismatic young hip type

>tfw GMing at the flgs as a fit, charismatic young hip type
>every week my players say what fun they had, tell it to the other groups and GMs
>>have a real focus on following the rules and non-bullshitting while actively trying to efficiently murder their characters and rewarding creative play
>>the other GMs are put off by my realistic style and emphasis on
>>I'm going to take one of the rooms this week because we have more players, even though I can keep my players attention despite wh40k tournaments raging around us

Anyone else know this feel?

GM as nature > GM as storyteller

If rocks fall, you die. No plot armor for you.

I agree. GM as storyteller means that the GM effectively GRANTS victory to PCs.

All the GMs on that day are running adventurers league, but playing in their games, I could tell that they wanted to approach the scenario as the packet wanted us to, instead of approaching it as a problem to be solved.

> DAE get the feeling you're just TOO GOOD??

OP is a faggot

>be boring GM who strictly adheres to the rules and nothing more
>be also moderately attractive
>be surprised when people enjoy playing with them despite performing GMing that could be done by a robot

No I don't know that feel, OP.

The stereotypical DM-as-adversary died in the 80s and for good reason. You are an arbitrator, not the guy who salts his adventures with traps and chains fights that are "winnable" if you use whatever strategy the DM came up with while he was writing it.

I'm not sure why your accurate description of my sexuality is relevant

That's the Halo effect for you folks.

I'll go back to /r9k/ now.

>be Veeky Forums
>be confident and succesful
>have tons of normie friends
>enjoy playing Veeky Forums games with some betas from class
>feel bad for them because their lives are pretty shit

i mean damn, they already have nothing going for them and now most of them are probably going to drop out of college too
i thought nerds were supposed to do well in school

I understand, OP.

I used to play/GM for a group of beta orbiters and ham planets. Being genetically lucky, I got a lot of flirtatious advances, but shrugged them off and repeatedly pointed out that I was married. The whole group loved having me GM and it caused a little bit of strife because the "regular GM" wanted to keep running his game, but all the other players just wanted me instead. All of the players wanted to meet my wife, but I knew what would happen and actively kept her cloistered from them. Eventually they met her and all the stuff I knew would happen, did. The males, who had been pretty friendly with me up to that point, soured on me immediately when they realized that my wife was a supermodel compared to their spouses/ girlfriends. The females seemed to actively resent my presence at the table, as they realized that they didn't stand a chance and their earlier antics were for naught.

>i thought nerds were supposed to do well in school
That's just a lie the media sells to betas to keep them as active consumers instead of killing themselves too early.

Thing is I have to use adventurers league adventures. So the tactics I come up with are implied by the book, but not written there. Spell casters are meant to combo their abilities and combine them in cool ways, not shoot for DPS.
I'm the only GM who does the voices. I thought everyone did thar

>They thought they could press you even after telling them you were married
What even?

>be successful
>brag about it on the anonymous imageboard

At least post something entertaining to discuss.
There is nothing entertaining about your blogging.

No, I play with my friends in homes or other private places, not with random nerds in some warhammer store.

>Be maybe okayish looking at best
>Unhealthy side of skinny
>Only play online due to massive anxiety issues
>Literally unable to ever believe that my players are enjoying themselves due to my own self doubt.

if they werent enjoying themselves at least a little, they would quit playing

dont sell yourself too short

I dunno, man. The group has gotten stockholmed in the past. Wouldn't put it past them.

They aren't, they want to quit but don't because they're worried you'd kill yourself.

>fit, charismatic young hip type
Yes, user. I know that feel.
What I also know is that you are posting on Veeky Forums.
I know that this is a great time in your gaming life.
And I know your future.
A few years from now, when all your best players have moved on, when your favorite lgs pushed out your game in favor of Hamtaro Heroclix or whatever the tweens are buying, when you are more filled with irritation than joy, when all your best games happened in the past, you will still be on Veeky Forums.

>I'm just a GM, man.
>"You are now, Hap. But I'm your fortune-teller. You're gonna dry out, get a job. Meet a girl, have a kid."

I have seen your future.
Enjoy the sun while you're above water.

>be decent looking
>have a nice beard
>be feeling better about myself and my life than I have in literal years, even if I know I'm very far from perfect
>never DM'd, but a happy player and starting to branch out into new systems

I think I'd call it having come to terms with myself, well and truly. At least for now.

I am envious of that feel.

I wish to know this feel.

The feel of being a consistent GM who goes by the book, in a hive of fucking THAT GUY narrativists, and getting a room because you fill a niche that the players like.

Q. If you're gay how come you're comfortable being mean to your players?

I thought gays were all ultra submissive, needing positive external support all the time, and utterly uncomfortable fighting against anything.

>not the guy who salts his adventures with traps and chains fights that are "winnable" if you use whatever strategy the DM came up with while he was writing it.
Gamist dungeoncrawling DM here.
I don't like that either. I prefer writing up complex stuff that allows for out-of-the-box solutions, then rigging the stuff up so that it's (slightly) too hard to just attackmove through. I.e. the players have to work the complexity to find a solution that's better than just "Goto nearest thing, if monster roll to hit, if other roll save DC, repeat".

>The males, who had been pretty friendly with me up to that point, soured on me immediately when they realized that my wife was a supermodel compared to their spouses/ girlfriends. The females seemed to actively resent my presence at the table, as they realized that they didn't stand a chance and their earlier antics were for naught.
God that's fucking hilarious.
I think I have a fetish for this.
What's this called?
Where your GF so good she make all the hams jelly and all the betas salty?
Whatever it is I want to fap to it.

>If you're gay how come you're comfortable being mean to your players?
>BenderWaitYouAreSeriousHaHaHa.jpg
Confirmed for never having met a bitchy queen.
Gay men can be some of the meanest bitches on the planet.
None I would play with, but still.