Warhammer 40k General

Weekend edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>White Dwarves

mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10058025
youtube.com/watch?v=tUoBkhTFdWA
youtube.com/results?search_query=i dident know that
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN FORTIFIED!

Tell me, 40k general, about your favorite game of warhammer you ever played, be it the most interesting, ridiculous, fun, etc. If it was a narrative campaign or a narrative battle, do tell about all the backstory and major characters involved, and of course how it turned out.

Depends. First things first, how much cash are you willing to spend?

What projects are you guys working on?

I'm working on some Randy Savage themed BA scouts.

My daemons of tzeentch army. Painting up some pink horrors.

Writing up a basic list for my Iron Hands successor chapter + Scion + Inquisitor Allies.

yourenotperfect.jpg

Just read through the new flyer rules.

>Vendetta squatted
>Baledrake nerfed hard
>FW flyers dont have rules

So in one ill-conceived supplement they managed to make every IA book with a flyer need an faq/update.
The most popular IG flyer has no rules, so theres a fun new argument to have at the table. And poor CSM players, the Heldrake gets nerfed again.

What the fuck are they doing? The last 4 army supplements have kept the shitty armies shitty (Orks, CSM) - and made a strong army stronger (Space Marines). Not to mention the absurd psychic powers SM now have.

Nothing fundamental has changed at Games Workshop. Warhammer 40k will continue to haemorrhage players, and GW will continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

40k is a joke now. just go paint minis or play 30k/aos

I'm more pissed at the fact that yet another book of rules is coming out. 40k doesn't need more rule FFS - it needs better/clearer rules.

I need a 1500 imperial guard list put together, I really want it to be versital in anti armor and anti hord. I can't get to a book or a computer for a bit, so the help is appreciated.

>FW flyers dont have rules

Why would GW write rules for FW flyers? You'll have to wait for Aeronautica 2 or a similar release from FW to have updated flyer rules. Possibly an FAQ to at least give them roles.

Chaos and IG.
Why did it have to be Chaos and IG.

>40k doesn't need NEW rules FFS
ftfy. 3rd ed best ed.

Yeah 40k as a game is a mess. I dont know how anyone can even take winning/losing seriously. Except delusional waac and Tau players. Its pretty much just powerlisting retards at this point.

^

>Play Marine Wank
>Play Shitmar

Do mechanised, supported by 1-2 Manticores.

Taking a break from painting RW as it is fully painted up to 2000points and I am sick of painting bikes, marines and Landspeeders.

Moved onto my Necrons and they are much different to paint. Unfortunately I got the lot preassembled and it is making vehicles and other deltal so annoying.

I don't find too much joy in playing it nowadays. had more fun with 30k because it's more balanced or aos because at least it doesn't take itself too seriously and we use a point system that actually works.
we are starting a 40k campaign tomorrow but I think I'll just casually bring admech and nothing more.
ain't even mad at tau, it's more the fact that most codices work only with one or two lists making the game pretty boring after a while
here's your (you)

Aeronautica doesnt contain all the flyers.

>wait for an update by FW
I wouldnt hold my breath.

>why would GW...

Because they just amended the rules so hard that it made all of Forgeworlds flyers unusable in the game. So Forgeworld might not be too happy about that. You know, affecting sales and all.

Stop being a contrarian faggot/battered housewife. GW just fucked up big time on several levels. Defending a boneheaded move like this just exposes you as a retard.

I think my absolute favorite was a 3 way game between my Chaos Marines, a friend's necrons, and another friend's Guard/Ad Mech.

The Necron player and I started closer together so we squared off first. There was so much crazy stuff happening. My dreadnought managed to chew up his warlord and retinue in the first couple turns before getting gaussed to death. Most of my cultists died early on, but still managed to hold the line. My Chaos lord was jumping around between his squad and the other cultists to give out out fearless and provide moral support.

In the end there was just one lone cultist hiding on a backfield objective, one remaining noise marine, and the lord with him against about 4 warriors.

And then everyone got hit by an artillery barrage.

I still feel good about that game though, because I was ahead of the Necron player right until the end. That proved to me I could win against them.

>non-ironically liking AoS

That's why I mostly play Heralds of Ruin Kill Teams and when I do play 40k at bigger point values it is always narrative. Honestly I can't remember the last time I played a bigger than 1500 point game. It is just so messy unless you and your opponent agree to some form of limits.

I used to play in a ton of tournaments and I had a lot of fun but I played WarConvo. So I had to carry - 40k Rulebook, Cult Mech, Skitarii, Imperial Knights, Shield of Baal, Blood Angels, a White Dwarf, and the fucking Inquisition PDF to play a game. That's about the time I realized I wanted to play smaller, narrative, more focused games.

>it's more the fact that most codices work only with one or two lists

Yeah, I feel like they brought out detatchments to try and fix that, and then realised that every codex has one or two working detatchments.

IG Infantry company, anyone?

40k wise i need to do some basing (the glue i'm using isn't strong enough) and i need to paint up some marines. last time i painted up marines was years ago, i did some 1k sons and sorcerers/ahriman recently in legion colors.

funny enought that IG is my favourite army and yet I haven't fielded it in one year...
keep crying little baby

Formations have changed the game for the worse.

>but fun, fluffy lists

I dont recall anyone bitching about not being able to create fun or fluffy lists before this 7th edition formation shitshow. Now everyone just tries to build the most powerful, exploitative lists they can. In an unbalanced game with bad rules. Its no wonder the tabletop game industry is booming. All the money Games Workshop used to bring in - is now being spread around.

So I guess, a big thanks to Games Workshop for being a driving force behind the explosion of new choices we all have.

I need to kick my ass in gear and paint my SW. Once my grey hunters are painted i'll assemble my drop pods

Why did Forge World dump their Chaos dreadnoughts? Are they bringing them back? They were very cool models and I didn't get any...

is there a guide for what a codex compliant chapter looks like? shoulder trim color an arrow logos and all that/

Formations could have been nice for fluffy lists, but the benefits are either too strong for the restrictions and units, or there's just no restrictions at all.

There are formations that consist of nothing but a single strong unit. That alone is amazing. The Riptide Wing could give +1 WS and people would still take it, because it let's you ignore CAD.

What about troops?

Are these guys worth it?
They seem neat but they don't seem that great for 25 points per model.
Although I am interested in kitting out an Autarch with their stuff

They're in IA13 as "Chaos Infernum Dreadhoughts", they're basically Chaos Venerable dreadnoughts except they're better than Loyalist dreads

I think the worst part is there are some formations I really like like like Skyhammer but they're so good that for the most part I'm just being a jerk taking them.

I wish they'd have found a way to make formations work because I think there is some good behind them but ATM they're either way too good or just awful.

Does anyone have a size comparison for a Decimator and an Imperial Knight? I want to do a conversion, but I can't find a side-by side to see if I think it's going to work.

The models, not the rules.

They seem pretty OK - I don't think they're amazing, not especially in the spread of the Eldar book but in a more relaxed Eldar build they could be fun and useful.

They can be good. Their basic guns have nice AP, and a small volley can give you a single shot that's deadly to tanks.

Jetpacks and their mobile cover saves also make them super survivable.

baledrake's not nerfed, it just can't do shit in dogfights.

Oh.
Because fuck you

Getting blown up before it can do anything with no chance of counterattack sounds like a Nerf to me.

Would it really have been hard for them to say the Heldrake can vector strike instead of shooting?

The are cool, my main issue is that they can't join an Aspect host so a Decurion can only have them in their own formation with their Phoenix lord.

If the book out?
Can i see the Baladrake's revised stats, or are you just guessing based on a minimal blurb in a (snicker) WD article?

>tfw want to paint my models but all I have atm is testors enamel brush paint

Should I wait, or should I just go ahead?

Testors enamel paint will fuck up your brushes and will not apply to the models properly.
Get proper acrylic paint.

> Gone from too few melee weapons to too many.
Still fewer than any Marine codex, & I'd prefer too many to too few.

> 'Ard Choppa: might as well be Powa' choppa, much easier
Acknowledged.

> 'Uge choppa: should be closer to PK in price as it's just that good, might as well call it a Rokkit hamma and consolidate it with the Tankbustas' weapons.
Ought to cost the same. Blatantly stolen & priced from Wulfen, so I may just leave it in as a Fuck You to them. May return it to Rokkit Choppa. Not going to limit it to a Tankbustas, though.

> Powa 'amma: is 3 times the cost of the big choppa and gets... ap4 and concussive but loses the chance of being ap2, noone will pay for that.
Probably; took it again from base Marine weapon list. It also should only be 5 points more.

> Nobs: klaw and 'eavy armour still costs more than a MAN
Shouldn't be--Nobz & Boss Nobz should get an across-the-board 5-point discount on weapons.
16 Nob + 15 Klaw + 3 Armor = 34 points.

> Boyz: Propa choppy might be a upgrade on their Nob, bosspole tweak is interesting.
Proppa Choppy is a callback to Choppa rule without breaking the game by OP-ing Orks.

> Trukk: hail the return of ramshackle

> Flash Gitz: Still no armour or melee option for them or even the Kaptin'
Heavy guns are pretty flavorful, as Snazzguns are the point of this dedicated shooting unit. If they got melee weapons, what would...Nobz...huh. I guess Nobz are a cheaper dedicated melee unit, & the Gitz could be a more versatile if expensive option. For now they're just a cluster of more-survivable Lootas, yeah. Will reconsider.

> Deff Dredds: Why transports?
Why didn't they before? Orks couldn't even squad their dreads. Everyone else can DS their dreads to get them directly where & when they wish. Might let them take Tellyporta Gubbinz for about 20-30 points if the army contains a Big Mek.

Wait.

Unless the models in question are porcelain figurines, don't.

>Not going to limit it to a Tankbustas, though.
Naw man, just make it so it's what they both have.

>Vehicle (Flyer, Hover)

Just 10 votes more pls!

strawpoll.me/10058025

I know I spelled Tyranids wrong
I know i forgot to add the Adeptus Mechanicus

>Baledrakes not nerfed, it just got marginalized hard by the new flyer rules

Kill yourself you semantical little faggot.

The rules are leaked user. Baledrakes cant dogfight. So unless your opponent isnt taking a fighter, theres no reason to take a Baledrake outside of masochism.

I'd like to see them then.

>255
>flyer skimmer
>downgrade from lord of war

this is rather odd

>Insult to injury

The Hadesdrake is still an attack flyer, so its at a -1 disadvantage in dogfights.

Holy shit, how they manage to make this shitty ruleset even worse? Im not even bothered by it, just in awe of the insanity.
If I didnt know better Id say they are trying to kill the game.

>3 shot D weapon
>upgraded to heavy support
Seems normal to me

Faeit 212, Warseer. Feel free to use google.

They have the full book?

normal for eldar ya mean

I play a lot of 40k, both competitively and narrativly and I have yet to see the tidal wave of powergaming and rigid netlisting allegedly sweeping the hobby. Certainly nothing near as bad as 5th edition was.

The SM codex should have that shit.

>Age of Shitmar

I think its because now there's less point to do so. Why bother making a gravapam marine list when a casual eldar list will still blow you out of the water? Why bother making a tryhard Eldar list when everyone will just lose once and never play you again?

If you can't beat a casual Eldar list with a hardcore Marine book you're bad. Marines are just a slight step under Eldar right now.

Idk where you play but here in phoenix, AZ 40k is pretty much dead. The local GW has a tiny playerbase of netlisters. The flgs in Scottsdale has no GW games community, and the insanely popular and huge flgs in Glendale has seen its 40k playerbase go from 50+ regulars to a small handful of young guys. Two of the 4 or 5 play grey plastic Eldar and Tau.

So yeah, 40k is hurting for genuine hobbyists/players.

I have so many projects I cant be bothered anymore.
I just wished I had more determination to finish what I started. And as of right now I am right in the middle of painting my Skitarii/Mechanicus, I have a few units left and then my whole War convocation is done.... But alas, I am all spent, and the little free time I get, I sit down like a sack of hay, in front of the computer watching meaningless YouTube tutorials, of other people creating masterpieces!

Go see for yourself you fucking lazy piece of shit. Im not your man-servant.

Just wondering if it was a rules leak, or a grainy 3 line infobox of a WD, like when people shat themselves over s3 wulfen, or Nobs and Nauts...

Painting my first army, with the help of /wip/. I've gotten a lot better in the span of painting four models.

I still hate painting flesh, however.

Daily reminder S3 fags need to kill themselves.

Hyperbole, but I think you get my point. The game is so unbalanced that making a power list doesn't change much of anything. It just means you spent a lot of money to make sure nobody plays with you again.

IKs are pretty substantially bigger. Decimators would leave a ton of unused space if placed on the Knight base.

Get a Decimator anyway, since they own, & run your Knight as a Renegade or the FW Chaos Knight.

Its a rules leak. Lots of rules.

Since I'm not going to be playing for a while, I'm painting my pathfinders in partially-assembled chunks for ease of access.

but I don't wanna pay 60 bucks for that info

Not the guy you're responding to but anecdotal evidence is worth very little.

My own gaming area has seen 40k remain relatively stable for the past 4 or 5 years. The community has stayed at a pretty consistent 25-30 players cycling in and out new and old players respectively. On a personal level it doesn't really matter to me because I play 40k the way I have for years at this point.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to own a building large enough to host 5 game tables and me and my buddies all congregate there - drink beer and play whatever floats our boat. Lately Frostgrave has been all the rage.

Just got a fresh Hive Tyrant box. Already have a TL BL devourer flyrant. Planning on making a swarmlord for when my group plays no-air-allowed battles. Is Swarmlord a good choice or should I choose something else?

I do have hive guard to hide him behind, they're kitted with shockcannons because my opponent runs a vehicle-heavy list.

You said it brother. Had a full fledged war with a nutsack here on Veeky Forums that refused to believe the new Wulfen would be S5. Like GW´s new puppies would ever sink so low!

AKCHUALLY they're factions, not races.

*adjusts his gentlemanly attire*

Kick Ass Torrents, silly.

Eh it depends where you play. My local club is a very competitive environment. We have about 12-16 regulars and nearly everyone plays like they're practicing for events. That said we all enjoy it and I really like the guys I play with. So here playing or using a highly tuned list isn't going to see you not get games or be run off. We often try to innovate with lists and push competitive levels.

I could understand not thinking they would be 5 over 4, but over 3? They're werewolf marines? Why on earth would they get weaker?

Decimators are terrible for their points.

245 points for an AV 13/12/11 walker with 3 hull points. BS 3, with eight str 8 ap 4 shots per turn.

If it miraculously gets glanced to death, it stands back up on a d6 roll of a 6!

You can download it for free in the OP link.

Oh, I meant the model, not the rules.

I hear you, I was just countering his anecdotal with my own.

But the fact that a metropolis of 6 million people, that just 3 years ago had 10+ games of 40k going every friday night, and was overrun with 40k players - has been reduced to a small handful of netlisters. Its telling.

youtube.com/watch?v=tUoBkhTFdWA
skip to second 7.

Because they aren't wearing power armor :^)

>in the year 2016 this still happens...
um... $60? its $22 on eBooks gamers edition.

You know you can do that with the embed.

Neither are Scouts.

youtube.com/results?search_query=i dident know that

This , This was his argument for like 16 posts, and he jumped anyone mentioning it looked more like a 5 than a 3.

It's not competitive because they get shot to death but a Swarmlord with full Tyrant Guard (which you badly need) is a Death Star capable of grinding almost anything to dust. A friend thought it would be a good idea to charge 5 Chaos Terminators at me and they got ground up by the Swarmlord himself.

I killed a Dreadknight and 5 Paladins with it, however the Liberian one shot the Swarmlord because force. That pretty much sums up the death star.

"About the ork flyer:

140 points 12/10/10 3HP

(Cannot translate the ork weapons)
Twin-linked 36", S8, AP2, Heavy 1, Blast, Gets hot
1x 36" S1D6+4, AP1, Heavy1
5++ vs one single hit each enemy shooting phase (May be exchanged for an ork energy shield 5++ to be bearer and all models at 6" for +25 points)"

Huh... well the chaff is shit, but overall cheaper than doomsayers tried to make it.

Also Hive Guard can't join him and shouldn't. He should be running every chance.

You could just proxy them as Tyrant Guard. If you feel like getting a new box just go ahead and give them crushing claws, you're already spending an ungodly amount of points anyways.