WrestleQuest Prelude: The Chosen One

Welcome to WrestleQuest! A SOL Quest where you take the role of young Robin Winters, as he tries to make it big in the crazy world of pro-wrestling under the persona of The Ace.

Today, you won't be playing as The Ace. We're taking a step back in time to focus on another young wrestler by the name of Owen Barnes.

>Player Question
What are your predictions for this thread, and for Season 2?

>1st May 2009

"Do you really think this place is worth it?"

As you walk through the doors of the wrestling dojo, gym bag slung over your shoulder and a smile pasted on your face, your best pal Adam decides to raise a few concerns. You brush them off immediately

"Of course it will, Adam! We needed some-place to actually get some real training, not any of that backyard nonsense we pulled back in Dublin. And who better than James freakin' Daniels? A bonafide legend!"

The Scot adjusts his glasses. "Fair enough, but I'd like to remind you that we've already used up the last of our money moving to the States in the first place. If this doesn't work out, then what? I'm not going back to my family a disgrace."

"Yeah, well I've got 6 brothers at home expecting me to pull this off. I'm not going to let them down. Now, stop being such a negative nancy. Look at where you are! Look at that ring! Get a good whiff of the air."

Adam upturns his nose. "Smells bloody awful. Like sweat and desperation."

"Exactly what this place SHOULD smell like! It's perfect!"

"Very well," Adam replied, "But... where is everyone? This place is empty."

He makes a good point. The door was unlocked, and this WAS the time you were told to arrive. Perhaps everyone else is running late.

>Wait around for more people to arrive
>Check the office to see if anyone is inside

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=WrestleQuest
twitter.com/bookerman32
pastebin.com/BmRcpCmG
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_professional_wrestling_terms
youtube.com/watch?v=c4Gp56jnaIs
youtube.com/watch?v=vvEk_TWNDV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=WrestleQuest
Twitter: twitter.com/bookerman32
Character Bios: pastebin.com/BmRcpCmG
Glossary of Wrestling Terms: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_professional_wrestling_terms

>Check the office to see if anyone is inside

Will Owen be the future rival or something?

>PQ
For the thread? I kinda fully expect Proxxy to show up at some point, just as a teaser for Season 2. Seems like something worth teasing. And James Daniels seems familiar. Refresh me, he is Kevin's okd partner, who we will be seeing in TIW, correct?

As for season 2. I predict that its going to be a long struggle for our TWA pals. Jenny and Kimberly will be dealing with matches where they aren't used well. Thinking Divafication here. David obviously has the legal issues and may not even be allowed in. So we'll have to try and convince TIW he is worth having. Angelo is likely cut. Abby may be cut because they don't have a house band so we need to help her find a way in Can you say, wretsling training? We also have Omega's old partner for Kevin to face, not to mention the Ace if he puts his grudges on his students. I honestly think Danny will thrive as he creates an identity. As for us, well I bet we'll be forced into a heel run, and maybe even a gimmick change(!)

Sky's the limit though. Either way, we'll be fighting tooth and nail to break into the roster spotlight.

As an aside. How big a roster is TIW? And do they get TV coverage/travel?
>Check the office.

>And James Daniels seems familiar. Refresh me, he is Kevin's okd partner, who we will be seeing in TIW, correct?

Correct.

I'll also be running some quick errands, so I'll call this vote in about 5-10 minutes.

Back. Calling for
>Check the office
Writing now.>As an aside. How big a roster is TIW? And do they get TV coverage/travel?

Tied second largest American promotion alongside Code of Respect, though that's a very distant second compared to UPW. They do have tv and do several tours during the year.

You tentatively knock on the door to Daniels' office, hoping someone would answer. Nobody does.

"Hello? Mr. Daniels?" you ask aloud, hoping for an answer. Again, nothing.

You grip the door handle and press down, discovering that the door is unlocked. Slowly, you creak upon the door open an peek your head inside. To your surprise, the first thing you see is a gym shoe flying right for your face.

"What the hell do you think your doing?!" A man's voice calls out from inside the office, as you duck your head to the side avoiding the flying trainer, and swinging the office door wide open. Doing this reveals to you James Daniels, beloved legend of wrestling, with his pants hanging down by his ankles with a scantily clad woman sitting on his desk, chewing gum.

"You better have a damn good reason for being here, boy." Daniels' Southern accent creeps through as he gets angry.

"Uhh, I'm here for training... I'm part of your class..."

Daniels' eyes widen, as he slaps his hand to his forehead. "Oh shit, was that today?"

He turns to the woman on his desk. "Sorry honey, some kids are coming around and I need to show them the ropes. We can do this again later, let's say... kid, when does this class finish?"

"Around five," you answer.

"Good. Honey, meet me in my office around five. We'll pick up where we left off."

You nod you head, clutching the door handle. Daniels' glares at you. "The hell are you waiting for, boy? Get outta here, let me get my pants back on!"

You flee from the office and back into the main area where Adam is waiting.

"Well? Is he there?"

>Yeah, he said he'll be out in a minute.
>Tell Adam about what you just saw.

>>Yeah, he said he'll be out in a minute.
Hey Book!

Hoo boy this man seems like fun.

Ok, well this is starting to reaffirm my thoughts about what is in store for us and our friends. Especially for David, Jenny amd Kimberly.

We're going to need a lot of help.

Or we're starting in TIW's developmental division, or an equivallent to FCW

No need to tell Adam about what was going on in Daniels' office. You already feel like bleaching your eyes, no use inflicting that pain on another.

The two of you wait around in the Dojo for Daniels' to come out. After a while you come to the realisation that he probably still hasn't put on his pants. On the plus side, at least a few more students are showing up, with the door to the gym swinging open as a very tall young man with dark hair, and a slim man around your height with flowing blonde locks enter. The tall guy silently walks right past you, while the blonde makes his way over to you and Adam with a red apple in his hand. He takes a large bite out of it and speaks with his mouth full, spitting small chunks out as he does.

"Yo, this is the dojo, right? Would have thought this would be less of a ghost town."

You wipe a piece of spit off your cheek as you answer. "Yeah, Mr. Daniels said he'll be out of his office in a few minutes."

The blonde scoffs. "Mr. Daniels? What is this, pre-school? You always this fancy and respectful? I can already tell you're a classic boyscout, am I right?"

Ignoring him, you place out a hand in offer of a handshake. "I'm Owen. Owen Barnes. And this right here is-"

The blonde accepts the handshake, but is quick to cut you off. "I don't care. The name's Jacob Cassidy, and it's the only name in this room that's going to matter in five years. Deal with it."

"I think it's a bit too soon to say-"

Jacob let's out a laugh. "It's not too soon when you know! I know for a fact that I'll be the UPW World Champion someday, no point trying to argue with it. I close my eyes and all I see is my name in lights. It might be too early for someone like you, but I'm already the best, sport."

>Well, you aren't lacking in confidence. But come on, we're all starting from the same point here.
>I don't think arrogance is going to get you anywhere.
>You want to prove that, champ?

Be the better man, just like we were in TWA
>Well, you aren't lacking in confidence. But come on, we're all starting from the same point here.

>>Well, you aren't lacking in confidence. But come on, we're all starting from the same point here.

A NEW POSTER APPROACHES THE THREAD

Welcome to the fold. Have gif of The Ace's finisher on me.

Thanks! I I'm gonna enjoy this quest.

"Usain Bolt started from the same point as all the other runners, what's your point?" Jacob tosses his gym bag to the ground and stretches out. "Just wait until we get in that ring. I'm gonna leave all you guys in the dust. Even big Miles over there."

The big guy turns and glares at Jacob. A glare that tells you he's been listening to the cocky blonde for far too long.

James Daniels walks into the room, adjusting his belt buckle. "Alright, alright, sorry for the wait, but I... there's only four of you. Is this it?"

"Afraid so," Jacob answers nonchalantly, finish off his apple.

Daniels shakes his head. "Whatever, you guys will do fine. What are your names? On second thought, I don't care. Just get in the ring and we'll run some drills."

He squints his eyes and points out you and Adam. "The two poor looking kids can take the left side of the ring, the rich kids can take the right."

"That's how you're splitting us up?" Adam asks, "By how poor we look?"

"I also could have called you two the nerdy looking kids. It could be worse, be thankful you're all the same race."

You all climb into the ring and stand in your assigned positions. Daniels hops onto the apron. "Okay, we're going to run some basic cardio drills, then move into back bumps and all the other stuff you need to know to not be absolute garbage when you step between the ropes. All that clear?"

Nervous and unsure of how to answer, you give a small salute. "Yes sir, Mr. Daniels!" Adam groans and Jacob can't contain his laughter.

"Ugh, don't call me that. Makes me sound like an old fart." Daniels snaps his fingers, and the four students begin their drills. This is the first time your new teacher will be seeing what you can do, you better try your hardest to impress.

>ROLL D100 (Best of 3)

Rolled 5 (1d100)

Rollin'.

Rolled 4 (1d100)

Rolling the bones.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Roll

You might have just saved the day a little bit, user.

When quests are banned on Veeky Forums desu.

>Rolled 82

The next half hour of your life is unbelievably exhausting. You and the rest of the students find yourself running the ropes, doing push-ups, back to running the ropes with no real end in sight. Daniels told the four of you to keep going until he told you to stop, but as you look over you find him sitting in a folding chair, UPW magazine in hand, whistling to himself. Not telling you to stop anytime soon. Your lungs are burning, and the short breaks you've allowed yourself aren't enough to regain any energy, so you keep running.

Adam is the first to tap out, rolling out of the ring and attempting to complain to Daniels about his sudden negligence. Daniels pays him no heed, and pulls a pair of earphones from his pocket and starts listening to music in order to drown out the sound of Adam's gripes.

Miles soon loses his energy not long after, though he lasted a good long while for a man of his size. You'd express your surprise, if all of your muscles and organs weren't in such intense pain.

Thing quickly turn into a head-to-head competition between you and Jacob, who is showing no real signs of stopping. You press on, desperate to give your first drill session absolutely everything you've got. Everything hurts, and you're not even sure if you're breathing anymore, but you keep on running. You keep on running until eventually... you collapse. You want to press on, but your body shuts down on you, and you find yourself lying in the middle of the ring barely conscious. You see Jacob stop and raise his arms in victory over your beaten body, as James calls the two of you out of the ring.

To his credit, Jacob helps you to your feet as you slide out of the ring and grab a bottle of water. Daniels then calls for you all to line-up.

"Not bad, not bad at all. I think I'm ready to judge you now," James states.

"What, already?" Adam asks.

"What? You don't think I know what I'm talking about?" Daniels replies. "Now..."

You marches towards Adam and places a finger to his chin. "Hmm... I can say you aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Your conditioning is above average, but you're very short and aren't anything special. Not to mention your attitude. I know you could have kept going, but you just couldn't help but complain, challenge my authority. That's not going to help you out, boy."

He then turns his attention to Miles. "You're impressive as hell, but you aren't going anywhere either. You see, UPW don't want guys as big as you to be athletic. They want scary lumbering giants. The fact that you can move around like a cruiserweight is great, but when you actually do it, you look less imposing. Be more giant."

As he walks over to Jacob, he smiles. "Now, you've got a future. That was some real impressive work I just saw there. Mark my words, you'll be the first of this lot to make it to UPW."

Jacob gives a smug smirk in your direction as Daniels finally points you out to the group.

"And you... will be the only one here to become UPW World Champion."

"WHAT?!" Jacob's mouth hangs agape, shocked by the statement. "HOW?! I BEAT HIM!"

"Yeah, and then you stopped running." Daniels hops onto the ring apron, allowing himself to stand above the rest of you as he addresses his students. "Blondie here ran for a long time, but he stopped the second there was noone left to beat. Ginger, on the other hand, kept going until he collapsed. That's a champion. A champion isn't just the most talented guy or the most charismatic guy or the most athletic guy... it's the guy who wants it the most. The guy who will push himself to his very limits, no matter what. Ginger here is the champion of this little group. He's the star. The Chosen One."

Daniels spells out the words in the air before he approaches you, face to face. "Tell me boy, who's your favorite wrestler?"

>Kevin Omega.
>You are.
>I don't really have a "Favorite".

>>I don't really have a "Favorite".

>>You are.

>Kevin Omega.
Do we not want Owen to have a reason to stay in the main story?

>"I don't really have a 'favourite'."
We love wrestling, of all types and styles.

That and I feel both of these other answers are traps.

To be fair, he'll still be in the story. Someone has to warn us more about Proxxy...

Oh, right. I almost forgot about her.

Daniels raises and eyebrow. "Don't lie to me, son. You wouldn't be here if you didn't have one. But fine, if you want to be embarrassed by your pick, then I won't force you to share it with the rest of the class. You get that special little privilege, being The Chosen One and all."

"Stop calling him that," Jacob scowls, folding his arms.

"I will when it stops being true. It won't." James cracks his knuckles before waving the rest of you off. "Good first session today. So, unless you have any questions, you can all fuck off. I'll see you next week."

Jacob raises a hand. "I have a couple of questions."

"I'm not going to stop calling him The Chosen One."

"Okay, I have a single question."

"Go ahead, shoot."

Jacob's eyes scan the room. "So, I have to ask, at any point during these training sessions will we get to see Kevin Omega? Because I know you guys used to be tag partners and I figured that you might bring him in for a guest seminar or-"

Daniels doesn't let Jacob finish as her grabs him by the scruff of his shirt and pulls him close. "Listen here boy, cause I'm going to make this nice and clear for you. Say that name again in my dojo, and I'm kicking you out, understood?"

"Understood."

"Good. Now go back to the streets, you little urchins. I have other important things to take care of." As he speaks, you see the door creak open as the woman from before steps in. James waves her off. "In a minute, Janet. Goddamn..."

The four of you leave the dojo, you with your bag slung over your shoulder. "That was pretty fun," you announce, "I can't wait to see what comes next."

Angrily, Jacob rushes towards you, but Adam is quick to jump between you and him. "Listen here, you cheery Irish freak. You're not going to upstage me. What he said in there was total bullshit. NOBODY wants this more than me. I'm still the best, and I'm going all the way to the top. Not you."

>And it was a pleasure to meet you too.
>I welcome the challenge.

>>And it was a pleasure to meet you too.

>It'll be a fun rivalry story to start my career.

AND
>It was a pleasure to meet you.
Kill him with kindness.

Calling in 5 minutes.

Seconding this.

You guys literally have your own board specifically for this now. It's supposed to go there.

>It was a pleasure to meet you.

"Drop the act already!" Jacob scowls. "I'm already sick of it. I'm the real Superstar here! I'm the one with the athletic talent, the charisma AND the Hollywood good looks! Just you wait. First time we step into the ring, I'll be standing over you at the end."

>MONDAY, OCTOBER 12th 2009

>AND INTRODUCING HIS PARTNER...

Here it is. After a year and a half of training, you're finally ready to go in your first real match. After graduation, Daniels managed to pull some strings a land the four of you in the opening match on the inaugral show of this new promotion called TWA. Very small indie, once you walk out from the curtain, it isn't even accompanied by any music. Maybe you could talk to the owner about that. Try to book a band or something for the next show. Oh well, tonight it's tag team action. Owen Barnes and Jacob Cassidy vs. Adam Black and Miles Draven.

>From Dublin Ireland, currently residing in Hartford, weighing in at 215lbs... he is The Chosen One... Owen Barnes!

Yeah, the nickname stuck, much to Jacob's dismay. It became such a standard term for when your mentor spoke of you that it would have felt wrong not to put it in your ring name.

It's a small crowd, and they are dead silent. No surprise, none of them know who any of the four of you are. You climb into the ring, but Jacob pats you on the shoulder and motions for you to hop onto the ring apron. You realise the two of you haven't decided on who's going to start out in the ring.

>Sure, I'll wait on the apron.
>Tell Jacob to wait on the apron.

That should be 2010, sorry. I should really proofread my posts better.

>Alternatively, rock paper scissors

>>Sure, I'll wait on the apron.

>Sure I'll wait on the apron.
The pop will be great when we go in.

Need a tie-breaker.

Calling in 5 minutes.

If nobody else votes, we can always do rock paper scissors to make a decision that Jacob can't read into.

I'll switch to a rock paper scissors decision.

Fuck off to your containment board.

>rock paper scissors

Unable to decide, you place out your hand and challenge Jacob to a game of Rock Paper Scissors. The crowd laughs and Jacob raises and eyebrow, but is always up for competing with you, no matter what. He throws scissors, you throw rock. Jacob throws his arms up in frustration, and climbs onto the ring apron.

It'll be you and Adam Black starting things off in the ring. The two of you begin with a classic lock-up, Adam gaining the upper hand as he turns it into an arm wringer. In an old-school piece of chain wrestling, you grab Adam's wrist, roll out of his hold and apply an arm wringer of your own. Adam rolls out into a quick sunset flip pin, but it barely gets a one count. You rise to your feet quickly and hit a basement dropkick on the seated Adam. So far, so good. You pick Adam up and whip him towards the ropes. He rebounds as you aim for a clothesline, but Adam ducks under, swings behind you and pushes you up to the ropes, before pulling you back into a rolling small package. Again, he only manages a kick-out. As you rise to your feet and step towards him, Adam lunges towards his large partner and tags him in a rather cowardly display.

Miles hops over the top rope, displaying the agility he has despite his size. You charge at him, but he is quick to raise you up and bring you down just as fast with a Samoan drop. You crash into the mat and roll towards the ropes, using them as leverage to pick yourself back up. Miles comes at you with a running boot.

>[TECH] Cause his boot to get caught in the ropes. (ROLL D100+3)
>[CHA] Pull down the ropes at the last second, sending him over. (ROLL D100+3)

Rolled 21 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>[CHA] Pull down the ropes at the last second, sending him over. (ROLL D100+3)

Rolled 32 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

The first of many victories over Mister Cassidy.

Rolled 1 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

Woo woo

Rolled 89 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

And then Owen Barnes blinked out of the main story because he died in his first match.

God bless you G!

And god bless Booker for not doing crit fumbles. Everyone here remembers that moonsault near-debacle!

You intend to pull down the ropes just as soon as Draven charges at you, sending the big man outside of the ring. You roll back into the centre and pose with confidence for the crowd, but it doesn't take long for Miles to slide back in. He runs at you with a clothesline. You duck under it, no problem, before running to the ropes. As you rebound, however, you catch a giant boot to the face which stuns you, causing you to stagger to the middle of the ring, where Miles easily picks you up and drops you down with a suplex.

In pain, you attempt to crawl towards your corner to make the tag to your partner, but Draven isn't having any of it. He pulls you by the leg, dragging you towards his own corner, where he tags in Adam Black. Miles holds you in place while Adam leaps over the top rope, coming down into the ring by dropping an elbow to your chest. You roll over in pain, as Adam keeps up the offensive. He stomps on your back, before grabbing you by your legs and applying a textbook Boston Crab, putting all of his pressure on your lower back.

Your in the middle of the ring, far away from the ropes and even further from your partner. You're going to have to work fast before the pressure becomes too much.

>[POW] Use your strength to power out of the hold. (ROLL D100)
>[SUB] Reverse into a submission of your own. (ROLL D100+3)
>[TECH] Roll out of the hold and tag in Jacob. (ROLL D100+3)

Rolled 40 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

Lets do this!

Rolled 36 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>[SUB] Reverse into a submission of your own. (ROLL D100+3)

Rolled 25 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>[TECH] Roll out of the hold and tag in Jacob. (ROLL D100+3)

Questfags pls go away

Rolled 65 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

G-Mantle got this under control.

>[TECH] Roll out of the hold and tag in Jacob.

You tuck your head and roll forward, going between Adam's leg and escaping from Adam's Boston Crap. You leap towards your corner in order to tag in Jacob, but just as your hand is inches away from his, Adam grabs you by the leg, pulling you back into the centre of the ring. He wraps his arm around your neck and hops on your back, applying a sleeper hold in tight. You struggle to get him off, but he's got in locked in too tightly. Instead you drag his weight on your back as you use the last of your energy to walk towards your corner, and you tag in Jacob.

The freshest guy in the match, Jacob is quick to get to work, leaping over the top rope as Adam keeps you in the Sleeper hold, not noticing the tag. Jacob sees an opportunity to break the hold in the most efficient way possible. He fires his leg up past your shoulder, delivering his signature Superkick to Adam, knocking him clean off your shoulder. You regain your breath as Jacob offers you the opportunity to hit a signature move of your own on Adam, who has dropped, stunned to his knees. You decide to take that opportunity, running towards the ropes and rebounding to hit a Shining Wizard on Black. The crowd pops for the two big moves done in succession, as Miles charges into the ring and attacks the two of you. A wild brawl breaks out, and as the referee attempts to get in between Miles and Jacob, he receives a shove from both men at once, causing him to call for the bell.

*DING DING*

The four of you continue to brawl in the ring as your first official match is deemed a no-contest.

>LATER
>AT THE BAR

"TO US!"

The four of you clink your glasses together in celebration.

"I'm surprised you came out tonight, Cassidy," Adam states, "Aren't you supposed to pose for Playboy in the morning?"

"Oh haha," Jacob replies, unamused. "I feel bad that none of you guys are pretty enough to get some modelling work on the side."

"I feel bad about Carly Simon being so horrid to you in that song," Adam fires back.

Jacob smirks. "You're just jealous that I got the biggest pops out of any of us tonight. Isn't that right Owen?"

Jacob snaps his fingers in front of your face, but you don't reply.

"No use talking to Owen. He's been glued to that lady in the booth since we arrived," Miles explains.

It's true. A beautiful, pale, raven-haired woman... who for some reason has large streaks of blue streaks of eye paint across her face. Probably an artistic type. Whatever it is, she has you transfixed as she sits there reading a book, much to your friends' annoyance.

"OY!" Adam shakes you by the shoulder, forcing you to turn your head towards him. "Are you going to talk to that clown-faced tart or aren't you? You've been staring like a freak for a good twenty minutes now. Don't think she hasn't noticed."

"Just waiting for the right moment."

"Well, if you don't hurry up, I'm jumping in there," Jacob replied. "I've always had more of a way with the ladies than you have."

"Yeah, but I'm more of a romantic," you explain. "You may be all smooth and pretty, but I like to go beyond 'Hey babe, wanna do it in my car'?"

"That was one time. And it worked."

"Just go ahead and talk to her," Adam pushed you, causing you to take a few steps towards the booth. As you stand there, the woman looks up at you, expressionless.

"What do you want?"

>Say something funny. (ROLL D100+3)
>Ask her about the book.
>Introduce yourself.

>>Ask her about the book.

>Ask her about the book

Rolled 28 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>Boston Crap

>Say something funny. (ROLL D100+3)
AND
>Ask her about the book.

>Ask her about the book.

You give a smile as you ask her, "So what are you reading?"

She stares at you for a few seconds, before burying her nose back into the book. "Nothing that concerns you."

"I don't know, maybe I've read it before."

She looks up at you again. "Are you an avid reader?"

"Well... no, but I'm a big fan of those that are!" you reply, nervously scratching the back of your head. "Say, do you-"

"Move it Owen, you've already lost her. Time for me to win yet again!" Jacob shoves into the conversation, brushing you aside and planting a hand down on the booth's table. "Hey baby, what's up?"

She glares at him, but Jacob doesn't take the hint. "I know what you're gonna say next. You're gonna say I look familiar, ask if we've met before. Well, we've never actually met in person. The place you've seen me before is your dreams-"

"Shut up. The thing you're saying. It's stupid. Mind-numbingly stupid. Stop talking. I would prefer it if you never spoke again. Just stop." The woman shuts him down fairly quickly. "Also, the place I've seen the two of you before is at the show earlier. We all wrestled on it."

"Wait, you're a wrestler?" you ask.

"I wrestle my spare time. By day, I study business. Now, I know you think we've found some common ground, but we haven't. Please leave this booth and never speak to me again. For your own sakes, it's probably better you don't speak to anyone ever again."

"Can I at least have your name?" you ask. "We might end up working together in the future."

The woman pauses, before putting away her book into her bag. "You can call me Proxy."

"And you can call me Optimus Prime, doesn't make it my name," Jacob replied.

Proxy points at Jacob. "I like him even less than I like you. Get rid of him and I'll talk to you for... five minutes."

Jacob folds his arms. "I'm not leaving. You can forget about it."

>Come on pal, do me a solid. (ROLL D100)
>If you do, I'll agree to job to you in our next three matches.

Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>Come on pal, do me a solid. (ROLL D100)

>If you do, I'll agree to job to you in our next three matches.
The dice evidently don't like us today, and win/loss isn't as important as just making the crowd and the powers that be like us.

Calling in 5 minutes.

>Come on pal, do me a solid. (ROLL D100)

You gotta roll for it if that's your vote.

forgot to roll

Rolled 44 (1d100)

Third time's the charm?

>Come on pal, do me a solid.

Jacob sighs. "Okay fine, just this once. Just remember how great I am right now... and you owe me one."

Jacob scurries back to the rest of the group as you take a seat opposite Proxy.

"So, do you believe in fate?" you ask.

"No. Fate is a fictional abstract concept invented by narrow minded people as a way of feeling better about themselves by ignoring the cruel randomness of the universe."

"Oh... well I do. And I believe that it's fate... that brought us together tonight."

For the first time, you see Proxy's face shift. Not only does she crack a smile, but she lets out a small laugh. "That's so ridiculous. Do you honestly believe that?"

"Not at all. But it made you laugh, didn't it?"

Proxy tilts her head. "It seems you're less of an idiot than I thought."

"No, you were right the first time," you joke. "I just have my moments."

Proxy leans forward. For once, she is interested, and she's the one asking the question. "Tell me..."

"Owen."

"Owen. Tell me, what made you want to become a wrestler?"

You shrug. "I... just want to make people smile. Entertain them, put on a show. The people who come to see these shows are the best. I know it sounds weird and cheesy... I don't actually know any of those people, but I would do anything it takes to make sure they go home happy. Spreading laughter and cheer all around is a pretty good way to live life, I think."

"You think so."

"Of course. My childhood icon was Kermit the Frog."

Proxy lets out another small laugh. You smile. "So, now that you know that about me, let's hear a little about you."

Proxy pauses for a moment. "Very well... I have no interest in wrestling as a career. What I want to do is run a wrestling company. However, I feel like I won't be qualified to do that unless I step into the trenches, go through what they go through. I suppose that sounds very silly."

>Actually, it sounds kinda badass.
>Not as silly as my reason.

>>Actually, it sounds kinda badass.

SHe's Vince. She's motherfucking Vincent Kennedy McMahon if he was a woman.

>>Actually, it sounds kinda badass.

Proxy shrugs. "I would hope so. I almost chipped a tooth tonight alone."

You laugh. "Really? That is so cool. I can't think of anyone who would be willing to wrestle for the sake of empathy."

Proxy pauses for a moment, then reaches into her bag, pulling out a pair of keys which she flashes at you. "Do you want to get out of here, Owen? I think you'll enjoy what have to show you."

"Of course!" you say. You rise from your chair and Adam, loyal as ever, is quick to toss you your coat from the bar. You and Proxy leave the bar in order to have a passionate night of romance.

Or so you would think. Actually, Proxy brought you back to the small arena where TWA held it's first show.

"I spoke to Steinberg about doing production for the next few shows, so he trusted me with a set of keys to the arena. Not an intelligent move on his part," she explains.

"So, what did you want to show me? Because I've already seen this place. I wrestled here like 3 hours ago," you ask. Proxy grabs you by the wrist and drags you along towards the ladder leading up to the stage rafters.

"Come on," she commands, climbing up the ladder. You quickly follow.

She sits down and you take a seat next to her. From this height, you are able to look down at the empty ring and the cleared out building. Empty chairs with all sort of drinks and snacks left on the floor. Whoever is on clean-up detail has a hell of a job in the morning.

Proxy frames the image with her hands. "Isn't the view amazing up here. Now, imagine this, but even higher up, with a crowd of 90,000 screaming fans below. With me up here, gazing out onto the beauty of it all. That's what I want. All of that to be mine."

>You sound just a little power-hungry there.
>You up here, and me down there in the middle of the ring. Sounds good. Here's hoping we both get what we want.

>You sound just a little power-hungry there.
>I like it.
>You up here, and me down there in the middle of the ring. Sounds good. Here's hoping we both get what we want.

>>You sound just a little power-hungry there.
But I guess you'd need to be.

Calling in 5 minutes.

But I never gave you my number

Calling for
>You sound just a little power-hungry there
Writing now.

"I suppose I do," Proxy replies. "I hope I do. If I'm not power-hungry, then how would I be fed?"

"I guess that makes sense," you reply.

"Of course it does." Proxy shifts close to you as you both look out from the rafter. "My first impression of you was wrong, Owen. You're not bad."

"Thanks, you're pretty neat yourself."

She smiles. "Of course, I feel I should be honest. Being a good person isn't enough. I'm having a very pleasant time with you right now, but I'd be lying if there was any way I was going to date you. It's just not going to happen."

>Saturday, 29th December 2012

You and Proxy have been dating for over two years at this point. In that time, you all managed to get jobs working at one of the largest American independents, Code of Respect Wrestling. Proxy wrestled a few managed before transitioning to productions manager full-time, while the four musketeers of you, Adam, Jacob and Miles found yourselves with the opportunity to get TV time, and show off your talents to a much larger crowd. It wasn't long before you were the hottest things going on the independent circuit. Everyone was talking about you. An darling of the internet fans, you all rose to the main event scene in the company, and Jacob even managed to become COR Champion.

Which brings us to today.

>Introducing the challenger...

The news was out. Jacob had signed a developmental contract with UPW, and he was leaving for the big leagues. Still the champion, his last match would be for the title, and he got to hand-pick his challenger. Of course, he chose you.

youtube.com/watch?v=c4Gp56jnaIs

>From Dublin, Ireland... weighing in at 215lbs... He is "THE CHOSEN ONE"... OWEN BARNES!

You make your way to the ring in front of a rowdy Code of Respect crowd. You pose on the turnbuckle and await the arrival of your opponent.

youtube.com/watch?v=vvEk_TWNDV4

Jacob Cassidy steps out from behind the curtain. For the last year, he's been a classic egotistical villain, but tonight he's decided to drop all pretence. No matter what he does, the fans aren't going to boo him tonight. Jacob smiles and poses on the ramp, and the crowd goes wild.

>AND INTRODUCING HIS OPPONENT... FROM HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA, WEIGHING IN AT 216lbs... HE IS THE CODE OF RESPECT WORLD CHAMPION... ALL-STAR JACOB CASSIDY!

Jacob slide into the ring and holds his title high. Immediately, the crowd are chanting "PLEASE DON'T GO" at the champ.

The ref holds the title high and the bell rings signalling the beginning of the match. You take initiative, going for the first move.

>[TECH] Lock-up with him, do some chain grappling. (ROLL D100+15)
>[CHA] Circle Jacob and begin clapping, encouraging the fans to do the same. (ROLL D100+15)
>[STRIKE] Go for a quick jumping knee to the chin. (ROLL D100+12)

Rolled 99 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>>[CHA] Circle Jacob and begin clapping, encouraging the fans to do the same. (ROLL D100+15)

Rolled 10 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>[CHA] Circle Jacob and begin clapping, encouraging the fans to do the same. (ROLL D100+15)

Ooh lordy we're starting this one off right!

>Circle Jacob and begin clapping, encouraging the fans to do the same.

You begins to step around the ring slowly clapping your hands together. The crowd begin to do the same. You steadily begin to speed up the clapping, and the crowd continues to keep up with your pace. You keep clapping faster and faster and the crowd follows suit, until you stop and allow them to carry on themselves, clapping furiously, creating a hyped atmosphere for this big match.

>Steve Kelly: And this is your main event! As always, I am Steve Kelly, the voice of Code of Respect wrestling.

>Jake Matthews: And I'm Jake Matthews, the other voice of Code of Respect wrestling.

>Steve Kelly: And Jake, does it get any more exciting than this?

>Jake Matthews: Not at all. This could be the biggest match in this promotion's history. These two men, these two tremendous athletes, they've done everything there is that they can do together. They've trained together, they've tag together, they've thought each-other countless time, and it all comes to a head tonight. Owen Barnes. Jacob Cassidy. ONE LAST TIME. COR Championship on the line. It does not get bigger.

Jacob charges for you, but you move out of the way. You throw a kick, but Jacob ducks. He tries to sweep the leg, but you jump. Both of you keep trying to get offence on eachother, but you have the other's moves well scouted after years of working together. Neither man can land a blow.

Eventually, Jacob grabs you and falls back pulling off an arm-drag. You land on your feet, however, and the stalemate continues.

>Steve Kelly: We all know that Cassidy wants to walk out of the company without losing the title. Do you think he chose Barnes as his opponent because he knows this guy so well, he knows how to beat him?

>Jake Matthews: I think the opposite is true. I think Cassidy picked the one man he knew could give him the biggest challenge of his life. If he wants to move on to greener pastures, he has to prove himself. This is a trial by fire for Jacob Cassidy.

Having enough of the dodging, you and Jacob decide to settle things in a classic test of strength. The two of you lock up, and a Jacob attempts to deliver a cheap knee to the gut. You see it coming from a mile away and dodge, giving you the leverage to lift him up to deliver a beautiful German suplex! You bridge, with Jacob's shoulders down, but only manage a 1.9 count.

>Steve Kelly: As beautiful as that was, it'll take a hell of a lot more than a single move to put down the champ.

With Jacob on the ground, you find yourself pondering on the next action to take.

>[SUB] Lock him in a cloverleaf hold. [ROLL D100+12]
>[FLY] Springboard Moonsault onto the downed Jacob. [ROLL D100+15]
>[POW] Deliver another German. Deadlift, this time. [ROLL D100+9]

Rolled 76 + 15 (1d100 + 15)

>[FLY] Springboard Moonsault onto the downed Jacob. [ROLL D100+15]

Rolled 8 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>[POW] Deliver another German. Deadlift, this time. [ROLL D100+9]