Galaxy Quest Episode 17

You are a young human doctor, abducted by the K'tulu, and recently released by demand of the Galactic Senate. Earlier in the day you were ambushed by an unidentified enemy while heading into the ruins of Velik Leis, and are now standing over Abi as you try to evaluate her condition.

Character Sheet:
pastebin.com/vZvrZtiV
Dice:
pastebin.com/nhswziq6

Archives:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Galaxy Quest, Collective Game, Gabriel

Twitter: twitter.com/AdrianHawktail
Ask Page: ask.fm/AdrianHawktail

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/qst/deleted/deleted/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Staccato bursts of gunfire and scattered explosions echo into the conference room from the battlefield as you hover over Abigail's writhing form, lips set in a thin line as she struggles to suck in rasping breaths, frothy bubbles building up over the gunshot wound in her chest with every ragged breath. "How long has she been like this?" You ask urgently, eyeing the redhead's deviating trachea while you push one hand underneath her to sweep her back, your fingers quickly finding a shoddily applied bandage over her shirt.

"I'd say about fifteen or twenty minutes, son. She patched Abi up pretty fast after she took the damned bullet, but then started having trouble breathing...it's only gotten worse since then." Tom answers, nodding towards Angel with concern clear in his voice, "I've seen men with that wound before, Jack, she-"

You shoot the veteran a pointed look, "Maybe so, Tom, but I wasn't there for them. I'm here now, and I can handle this." You reply quickly, drawing a mixed look of concern and hope from the three other healthy people in the room, before turning your attention back to the redhead, "Abi, can you hear me?"

The French girl swallows thickly before trying to nod, though she only manages a slight dip of her head, "Y-yes, I-" She starts painfully, pausing to gasp desperately before continuing weakly, "Jack, I-I'm scared..."

Your stomach twists painfully at her admission, though you do your best to keep that fact to yourself as you reach out to rest a hand on her shoulder reassuringly, "It's going to be okay, Abi. I'm here now, and I'm not going to let anything happen to you. We're going to make it through this together, you got me?" The redhead starts to open her mouth to reply, but before she can you squeeze her shoulder, "You don't need to say anything, just nod if you want."

[Continued]

Abi nods weakly, frightened tears welling up in the corners of her eyes before escaping and running down the sides of her deathly pale face as she tries to blink them away. It's clear that your friend's symptoms are indicating tension pneumothorax, and, as you spare the redhead one last look before digging into your medkit, it takes everything you have to maintain the clinical attitude you know you're going to need in order to do your job properly.

It also seems that, while Angelicia did her best with what she had on hand, the bandage that she applied to the exit wound on Abi's back is going to need replaced, while whatever binding she'd previously had across her chest is long discarded. It's possible that you could replace it over her clothes, like the mechanic had, which may help to keep her warm given the obvious shock she's in, though it would also make your work less effective.

What should you do first?

>Treat her collapsed lung first, without an open airway she's as good as dead. Leave her top on while you treat her to help with the shock she's experiencing.
>Treat her collapsed lung first, without an open airway she's as good as dead. Remove her top first, now is not the time to worry about modesty, and shock is a secondary concern right now.
>Replace the bandage on her back immediately, if she bleeds out you can't fix her lung. Put the bandage over her top, maybe it'll help more than you expect.
>Replace the bandage on her back immediately, if she bleeds out you can't fix her lung. Get rid of her top, it's hindering your work, and it's soaked through anyways.
>Write-in.

Regardless of your choice, roll 3d10.

oh my god.

Gimme a few minutes. Time to delved into EMS literature to figure out triage.

Boss, whats the contents of the medical kit?

Oh fuck...okay, I know what to do though!

>Treat her collapsed lung first, without an open airway she's as good as dead. Remove her top first, now is not the time to worry about modesty, and shock is a secondary concern right now.

We need to follow the ABC's. Airway, breathing, circulation.

Rolled 6, 7, 6 = 19 (3d10)

>>Treat her collapsed lung first, without an open airway she's as good as dead. Remove her top first, now is not the time to worry about modesty, and shock is a secondary concern right now.

Alright, this!

If our medkit includes a thermal blanket, let in out on the ground and lay her on top. It'll help with the shock and be useful for transporting her especially if we have to move her in a hurry, since we're in a combat situation.

A handful of tourniquets, bandages, quick clot powder, disinfectant, the galactic equivalent of morphine, decompression needles, latex gloves, supplies for an IV, and a thermal blanket. [Spoiler]Don't think I missed anything that I included in the last one.[/spoiler]

>decompression needles

Whats this.

Scratch that, just googled it.

Thats exactly what we need. Deploy one into the side of the collapsed lung to allow the trapped gassed to escape.

Poke another hold in her chest.
I'm gonna mix a drink and start writing.

good to have you running again, boss.

So, I got most of the way through writing this post before realizing that I still need two more rolls from you guys.

Rolled 4, 3, 4 = 11 (3d10)

Rolled 6, 7, 5 = 18 (3d10)

Unless I am very much confused we had an earlier date where we promised if she gets a tour so when we were going to treat it in front of everyone modesty be fucked

Torso wound fucking Samsung

>26[19], 18[11], 25[18]. Success.

It only takes you a few seconds of digging through your kit to find the supplies you're looking for, and you quickly pull them out and arrange them on the table before turning your attention back to your friend. "Abi, I'm going to have to get rid of your shirt in order to help you, alright?" You explain quickly, as you start cutting off the redhead's top with the scissors from your kit before calling out to the rest of your friends, "Angel, come help me with this. Reece, Tom, go keep a look out and check on Nueve for me, please."

While you don't bother looking up from your work at the sounds of the rest of your team moving, you're hardly surprised to hear Julius' objection, "Doc, I-"

Just as the swordsman starts speaking you finish cutting away at the cloth and reach up to pull it apart, giving the punk mechanic a grateful nod as she helps to tear it away from the your friend, exposing the gunshot wound in Abi's chest. "Julius, I know you want to help, but I don't need any more hands here. What I -do- need is somebody to check on Nueve to see if he's still stable, and somebody to help Freida keep an eye out so we don't all die."

As you open up the package of gloves and tug them on, you finally look up at Reece, frowning as he stares at Abigail before slowly nodding. "Alright, Doc...you're the boss. Just...you know where I am if you need help."

You nod quickly at him as he starts towards the door, "You're right, I do. And you are helping, Julius. More than you would be in here." You reply, before grabbing your needle off the table and tugging the cap from it. "Angel, open up those wipes and disinfect from here to here. Make sure to get her wound too." You instruct, pointing out what you want her to do while you finish prepping.

[Continued.]

"Got it, Doc." The punk mechanic replies, quickly following your instructions before looking up at you again, concern written clearly across her face as she eyes the needle, along with Abi who swallows thickly at the sight of the large-gauge needle. "What now?"

You let out a low sigh, leaning over Abi and pressing forcefully against her chest until you count her second and third clavicle, doing your best to ignore her uncomfortable squirming, "Alright, Abi, I'm not going to lie to you. This is going to hurt, but it'll help you to breath easier. You ready?" You wait for her to nod before bringing the needle to bear, "Alright, here we go. One, two, -"

You plunge the decompression needle into her without giving her the chance to tense on the third count, tearing a weak and rasping cry from her, "Ass'ole..." She manages to wheeze, drawing a soft chuckle from both you and Angel.

"Careful, Abi, or I'll bring Tom back in and have Angel go out to stand guard." You quip back, doing your best to keep your friend's spirits high as you slowly pull the needle back out, an audible stream of air escaping through the catheter you leave behind with it. "Alright, we're going to leave this in, Abi. You should be able to breath much easier now. Angel, hand me the tape."

The mechanic nods, quickly grabbing it off the table and handing it over, before grabbing one of the bandages you set off to the side as you do your best to make sure that the tube you left behind in your friend's chest is well secured. "Okay, Doc, you ready for this?"

You glance up from your work with a short nod, "Yeah, give me just a sec, Angel." You mutter, cutting off the end of the tape and setting it back down before grabbing the bandage from your friend and opening it up.

"How's that working out for you, Abi? Breathing easier yet?" You ask, nodding to the catheter as you press the bandage over the larger hole in her chest, smoothing it out quickly, drawing another grunt of pain from her.

[Cont.

Alright guys, apparently I absolutely have to run to the store right now, so I've got to run for a few minutes. Hopefully it won't take long. If it does then...well, I sincerely apologize.

No worries, and on an unrelated note man do we operate, in both senses. Pic not necessarily related to this specific circumstance but I feel it kinda is how we are hahaha.

Abi best girl, Angel is shit.

While I do enjoy her delicious French redheadedness, I also like Freida.

That cheeky cunt, holy shit

I'm going to be quite a while everybody. I would appreciate it if you can keep the thread alive. If not then oh well. I have to pick my sister up from a detox facility or something. If it dies, then sorry but I probably won't run again until Tuesday if that happens.

Questfags pls go to your containment board

bump

I'm in the ER right now. If the thread is still alive when I get back then great, if not then I'm sorry for the false flag. In that scenario then I'll restart the episode on Tuesday.

I guess we'll have to give field training to the guys if we come out of this ok.
Maybe have each of the guys train the other in their field of work

Agreed. Kinda surprised no one thought of that before this.

Not that we had time for it either, the group has been free for what? two or three weeks ingame?

You gonna finish House Chancer?

Quests have their own board now.

Isn't it finished? All it was was making a Dornish house for shats and gaggles. Like it said in the tin.

Well, not quite, I think we needed to flesh out the lord or something.
I mean, might as well do it right, even if it's a joke.

Shame tho, it could have been a fun ride, same for all the House creations we've done lately.

Fuck off retard. /qst/ a fucking shit.

Look bro, I think they get paid to shill the shit out of /qst/, no way someone would repeat it every quest thread.
No way someone would do it for free, right?

There has always been a group of fa/tg/uys that are convinced that quests are the cancer killing Veeky Forums. It has been this way for several years now. So no itsnot shills or whatever boogieman you can dream up. Its a bunch of assholes that are finally being "vindicated" and tell quests to get shoved into the jew-oven. And im telling them to fuck off like the retards they are.

Just ignore, report and move on.

Why so defensive though?

Well if people want to stay the lord and shit up I suppose we could.

Hey, we're still in the ER, she's being evaluated and then I'll be back. I'm taking tomorrow off so I'll probably pick up when I get back and continue running into tomorrow.

Glad that no ones dead Hawk, see ya tomorrow.

Oh god who's hurt man?

Hope she's okay mate.

I hope your sister is okay, and the hospital costs aren't too high.

Looks like every time you try to run something gets in the way Diarca. On a more serious note I hope the lass is okay.

You alright? What happened?

Alright. I'm back home now. I'm going to mix a strong drink and run for as long as I can. I've got to take her in to talk to detectives tomorrow morning, make sure that they got the results of her kit, etc.

Once I get back from doing that I'll pick back up from wherever I end up leaving off tonight, either in this thread or another one. I really am sorry that life seems to get in the way so much when I try to run...I wish that a lot of these things just wouldn't happen, but the ones that I don't mind so much I just wish would happen when I'm -not- trying to run. Anyways...back to Abi.

Welcome back

No problem. Reallife and family comes first.

Holy shit did she get raped?

What happened man? Forget the quest are your and your sister ok?

I wasn't involved with it until I got the call while I was at the grocery store. My sister is...as alright as one can expect somebody in her situation to be. She's been released from the ER and I'm making her and my nephew stay with me tonight at least until we talk to the detectives tomorrow.

I'm personally in a state of tranquil fury that I haven't experienced since I was overseas, and I'm doing my best to calm down. I'm trying to get this update out, but it's slow going because I'm distracted. But I promised you guys that I would do my best to continue the quest tonight and tomorrow. I don't want to have to restart Episode 17 unless absolutely necessary. If I do then it will either be tomorrow, Tuesday if I still have the day off, since I talked to my employer and got tomorrow off, or the next day off I have after that.

Okay...I'm sorry, but I'm calling it. I can concentrate in my current state. I really hope that I don't chase anybody off by doing this, but if I do then so be it. I'll try to run tomorrow if I can. If not then I'll post on twitter next time it looks like I'll be able to run. I'll completely restart, but if the same option is taken It should be. It was the 'best' one. I'll use the same dice rolls.

Anyways, I might be around for a little while for any relevant questions, I might not be. If you want then go ahead and ask, they may or may not be answered. And again, I'm really sorry guys. It's just...been a very a long day.

No, it's fine.
You've had an extremely stressful situation and you need time to process it and deal with the aftermath.
Honestly, take your time.

Dude...take whatever time you need. We'll be here when you run again.

Mate relax its just a bullshit written thing on a Mongolian finger paint board. Your family is way more important.

No Problem. Take care of your family first.

Q&A, how's the alien chick who gave us our scarf? Do we know where the other guys we fought beside on the transport are? Does Abi like us? Is Angel open to open relationships? What would've happened to the ship and the others if we'd chosen to go to that warworld instead?

You never answered my question last Thea's that I brought up after Messing with Julius. Are husband is a possibility in addition to waifus?

We have a quest board now faggot.

Adria is doing fine, last you knew. You saw Hans a few days ago, but haven't had a lot of contact with him or anybody else other than your friends since then, maybe you'll see one of the, up till now, nameless people you fought with in the future. Abi hasn't openly admitted her feelings for anybody, but clearly has the hots for you among others. You'd have to talk to Angel about that. The ship may or may not have made it to Velik Leis in one piece. If it did, then several characters you know now would be dead for sure. For every planet you visit, it's possible you may see something related to the path not taken. It'll likely be subtle though.

I've answered that question before. The answer is yes, if you pursue it. Doc's a switch hitter. If you don't pursue it, then there's no other reason for it to come up.

Now, with those questions answered, and my dinner finished, I'm going to bed. Any other questions that are asked after now will be answered either in the next thread or on my ask page.

We're bi-scum? Fucking dropped.

Oh boo, fucking, hoo. Get over it. Or better yet, keep your word. The rest of us will stick around.

If you're gonna restart, just post what was covered today in one big chunk along with the rolls.

Its not like we'll be going after a guy anyways. Waifus command too much capital~

Fuck that I wanna bang another guy!

No reason we can't do both. If I remember right, Angel said we're basically just friends with benefits right now. As long as we're fairly open and nothing else happens then there's nothing stopping us from sexing up whoever we want.

save bump

Feels a little off though. I get the feeling that Hawk is just saying that to give us freedom to characterise Doc.

Wait! This Quest is alive again??? I loved this quest all the way back then... Time to medic the shit out of these people... things... people-things.

Maybe, but I think it could be legit. He never gave a straight answer before today. Maybe he wanted it to be that way all along but wasn't sure how it would be recieved?

Oh wow, I didn't expect this to still be up. Anyways, I'm sitting in this room while the detectives do their thing, so any questions are welcome. Also, like I said there's no reason for this to come up a lot of you don't pursue it, but I've worked with the intention of Jack being as he is for a while now.

Right, so the intention was just a blank slate for us to work with?

Maybe in the original couple of threads, but by this point I feel like Doc's started to develop a somewhat solid personality. Even if it does fall into a fairly stereotypical 'sarcastic hero archetype'. Whether you consider him a 'hero' or not is up to your interpretation, of course. If you asked Jack, he'd just say he's a doctorturned medic that's been forced into a situation where he has to shoot bad people for various reasons. Usually good ones, but the possibility of it being morally ambiguous is always on the horizon.

Quest board. Use it or get deleted.

Well Jack will always try his best to save any lives he can, if it wont endanger those of his teammates too much.

Man if there was an interstellar version of Doctors sans frontieres, I think he'd sign up in a heartbear.

How does reporting user for suggesting you guys follow the rules work? I'm curious to see the thought process behind that.

Point the rules in question then, do it faggot, do it.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/qst/deleted/deleted/

They just don't know what trial bored means, one day maybe them reporting the thread will get it deleted but for the time being I really enjoy this 4plebs page.

Thank you, This made my day.

Alright, we're finally done here. She's just finishing up with the detective. Once we get back home I've got to go and talk with my boss to see whether I work tomorrow to make up for needing today off. If I still have tomorrow off then I'll start running after everything else is done and settled down.

Bump

Hope everything turns out fine for your sister mate.

Just keep us updated.

Alright everybody. It looks like I'm clear through tomorrow, so I'm going to go to dinner soon. I may or may not take a short nap, and then I'll run again. I appreciate you guys keeping the thread up, but I'm going to go ahead and say to let it die, unless you're super attached to this thread.

Personally, I'd prefer to just let it die and restart from where we left off rather than archive the drama of the last couple days, making people sift through it unnecessarily.

Thats fine but when you do do the next thread, post all the updates made in this one in one big chunk.