ITT post settings women will never understand

ITT post settings women will never understand.

It was a woman who tried to get me into 40k.

>40k
Pastiche of 80s over-the-top, 90s gritty and 00s moneygrab attitudes.

t. woman

>ITT my wife sold all my minis without telling me

To be fair, that's pretty shitty to do, I wouldn't do that to my husband.
He's a responsible adult, he can be a manchild all he wants on his off hours, it's his damn business.

Exceptions to every rule. Thats pretty cool though.

It's more like someone trying to force Veeky Forums to accept /v/ maymays.

One of my ex-girlfriends had 3,500 points of Tyranids.

OP is a faggot, as usual.

No, no. Understand, not enjoy.

>Pastiche of 80s over-the-top, 90s gritty
Implying it's something bad.

I am 200% man and I don't understand 40k, or at least, I don't understand how it persists.

A poorly conceived world that revolves around a mindlessly perpetuated conflict for the sake of conflict, and the only things attached to the franchise are an unplayably bad miniatures game, a series of awful video games, horrible novels, terrible spinoff games, and just generally poor products, all with prices so high that even the fans complain about them.

I am not, that's just what it is.
But it does look a tad silly when you try to combine gritty and over-the-top, kinda like Disney brand villainy.

We just like space fantasies with guns and this is the most developed one.

Yup, of course It'll get a ton of replys, and catch some noobs attention.

Who will then start a thread specifically about it. My gf burned/sold all my stuff, poor me, Im a cuck, Im gonna quit, etc, etc...

What about Star Wars or pic related?

>inb4: not Veeky Forums related
Commander Keen clause

It's space technofantasy, it's not supposed to be realistic. Starcraft is realistic(somewhat), 40k is an amalgamation of myth and legend, all of them: Ancient Greek, Abraamic and Christian.

Pretty much anything with proper /k/ elements.

Oh, so OP is one of them pretentious faggots.

My grandma had 80 000 points of sisters of battle.

Dune and Sw are already classics, everyone spend at least some time on them.

He's a memester, this bait is all over /v/ and /tv/.

>the most developed one.

In the worst ways imaginable.
It's one of settings that doesn't just slowly get worse over time, it's taken great effort to eat itself and shit itself out over and over agin in order to ensure it is a self-referential mess that started as a joke to the fans but now makes all of the fans jokes.

>Nids

The stereotype is true.

It's one thing if it's unrealistic, it's another if its mood is all over the place. It's no lack of realism that kills me, it's general inconsistency of things, which is a direct conclusion of trying to combine over-the-top and gritty.

By this point, I think that E.Y.E. is more of a 40k than 40k ever was, at least, in the matters that concern the Imperium.

Consider this just me ranting incoherently, though.

Baito desu.

>By this point, I think that E.Y.E. is more of a 40k than 40k ever was, at least, in the matters that concern the Imperium.

What did she mean by this?

Well, despite Greedy Wankers's best efforts, it's still alive.
It's a perpetual End of Days, therefore it has to be both over-the-top and gritty. But you are right it's inconsistent as hell.

The only armies I've seen women play is Nids and Crons. I've heard one woman in my life say she wanted to start Marines but never did.

Is this just where the interests of women lie or is the demographic not big enough to accurately measure?

>Starcraft is realistic

lol, I would cite 40k as realistic before I'd ever consider Starcraft to be realistic.

E.Y.E. only has 40k imagery IMO
It has nothing close to the Imperium

SC doesn't have literal daemons, orks, space elves(no, protoss are not elves), so, yes, it's relatively more realictic.

>ITT post [thing] women will never understand.
I never understood this meme, what gives?

Spess Mehreens are testosterone overdose. It's the same reason a lot guys won't pick the pinkest girliest option possible unless it gets them off. I mean this isn't as true as it used to be with things like /mlp/ existing but the parallel is there.

The biggest difference I see in 40k is the diversity and the custom-ability. No other setting has the same amount of room to insert your Mary Sues as 40k does. This gives customers a sense of ownership to the setting and a sense of freedom when making their armies.

Most women are not autistic enough for tabletop games.

What stereotype?

Why would they collect Nids?

Bait thread for girls. When the baited grills reveal themselves you meme on them with london and tits or gtfo posts.

If everyone is Mary Sue then no one is.

but those have a logic explanation in setting

I'd say that's pretty accurate.
Women don't get into 40k to play boring humans and the Ork-boyz don't appeal to them.
That leaves Eldar, Crons, Nids and Chaos.
If you were a woman, who'd you rather play - boring "corrupted" humans, boring not-elves or sick awesome actual monsters?
Of course we pick Crons and Nids. The aesthetic is appealing, the monster shit is appealing, what's there not to like?
It is good at doing the whole mood and "show, don't tell" thing. Sure, things aren't fucked in E.Y.E., but it's, yknow, portrayed more consistently, I guess? Even if they are almost incomprehensible for a casual bystander.

>guys won't pick the pinkest girliest option possible

I've seen more men play Emperor's children then I've seen women play 40k.

No clue. It's just the faction girls are said to play the most.

Tentacles?

But space marines are super human and elves aren't inherently boring, are they?

That's like saying most guys want a SoB or Dark Eldar army because cleavage and pretty girls.

Both sides are at the very bottom so I don't think that stands any ground.

Only because 40k lore is more worked out.

Is Eidolon still alive in M41?

Everything is fucked in E.Y.E. because there is nothing that can stop the meta-streum

Not really. Or at all.
Whatsoever.

Your 40k fanboyism is a bit much if you really think it's that deep of a setting.

>isn't as true as it used to be

Before /mlp/ it was Hello Kitty and before that it was PPG.
Some guys just don't have a fear of girly stuff and get a laugh out of it with those who do.

You're just saying that because you don't understand.

I'm afraid people get into PPG or hello kitty for different reasons than MLP, user.

>stubbornly defending SC
>accusing other of fanboyism
Really? 40k is more fleshed out only due to the volume of books and codices written about. There is still a lot to be desired, though.

>I never understood this meme

You're a woman

MLP and PPG are on even grounds with this (enjoyable cartoon).
Hello Kitty was always aimed more at the joking side of it, true.

At least in my opinion.
This isn't a thread about settings that some guys will never understand.

40k is built on the bones of a bunch of other setting. It's cheapened and soured over the years, but it's still got depth.

40k is a poor man's Dune with a Warhammer paintjob tbqh

Don't forget Starship Troopers.
Space Marines, power armour, bugs, nazi humans...

Remember how Moorcock basically created warhammer`s chaos?

40K is an amalgamation of pretty much all the cool stuff Science Fiction has to offer. Old Ones, evil gods, space ships flying through hell, space wizards, space sword fights, giant robots, horrible tentacle monsters, British Fungus with funny accents, Batman, Superman, daddy issues, teenage personalities and groups that side with the nerds, Jesus metaphors, time travel, Daleks and Cybermen, all of LotRs, anime, etc.

Basically if there is something cool out in nerd space, it can be ported into 40K without a hitch.

What about qt aliens who won't try to exterminate or get exterminated by the Imperium? Like Asari and Quarians.

Jokaero aren't cute enough for you?

>Remember how Moorcock basically created warhammer`s chaos?
I want to know more.

>Women don't get into 40k to play boring humans and the Ork-boyz don't appeal to them.
>That leaves Eldar, Crons, Nids and Chaos.
I think you're forgetting someone..

Has anyone really tried that Grey Knights exploit involving Jokaero?

You do remember that Imperium never abolished slavery, right?

I never understood, who are those black armored marines behind the emperor suppose to be? custodes?

>ITT my wife sold all my minis without telling me
I'm not even a 40k fag but if I was, and if I had a wife, and she sold all of my expensive shit behind my back, she'd be my ex-wife very, very soon.

I really hate it when bitches touch my shit, let alone sell it.

>marrying/associating with someone who isn't at least into one of your nerdy hobbies

Yes

>enjoyable cartoon

>Marrying
>At all
What is this, 1950?

Pretty sure PPG won a lot of awards in its time and is considered by most to be one of the best cartoons to ever air on CN.

But peer pressure.

That's not your peers, that's your parents.

That's even more pressure-y.

Females in 40k tend to gravitate toward the Tyranid and Eldar armies. In general they can be divided into two camps. Girls who like the big monster types or girls who like the masterrace. Tyranids are the biggest hulking monsters in 40k, they might not be the smartest but they are the biggest. Eldar are the most superior racially. They are taller, stronger, and smarter than humans. If a female had to procreate she would choose an Eldar male because they offer the strongest offspring. If she's really kinky she'll go for Tyranid tentacle pr0nz. Space marines can't even fuck and are completely impotent. Humans and tau are cuck races.

So guys want to procreate with the likes of Space Marines, being the most popular race and all?

Nope.

The ones who enjoy warhammer DO understand it in that there is nothing to understand. Warhammer is just another shallow manchild hobby with over-the-top this and that, the franchisal equivalent of a child bashing his toys together and making explosion sounds with his mouth.

Nice dub-dubs, but I thought Fulgrim killed him?

I now have my own armchair pet theory. Due to

I think it's because women don't as easily identify with humans in fantasy or don't choose something identifying as human as often as men. This may be because they don't associate humans with power in fantasy since they themselves aren't physically powerful.

But muh inner sphere...

>Warhammer is just another shallow manchild hobby with over-the-top this and that

user, I think you don't understand.

I expect that wife to be hit by an S10, AP1 power fist strike in the near future.

Here's your (you)

Why would women want to play as a bunch of short naive technophiles who can't into melee? Playing yourself is boring.

Actually the setting's really good and captures the grimdark really well and executes the scifi/fantasy mixing best. Has some real great novels on big scale (like planetary battles) and on smaller scale (like chases in alleys, crime investigation etc) what overwhelms the fanbase is the detail that the universe has. But rest of the things you say I agree. Pricing is shit, miniature game's balancing is shit just for the sake of selling more minis and the spinoffs, video games are super shit.

I do and I enjoy it for what it is.
Stop trying to turn it into something it's not.

We're all a bunch of tawdry homosexuals of varying degrees of closeted.

But then I can't shitpost.

Shit thread is shit.

BUMP!