>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9zHfbm1akM
youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k
youtube.com/watch?v=ESYx7goRHI8
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gravalax_Incident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>requiring a mere 'dental plan'
>not having teeth the mightiest beast would envy and a bite strong enough to crush motor vehicles
>not then adding just enough shark DNA to continually regrow them whenever they fall out
>not eventually using the teeth as currency

Is there a difference in power between a servant's skill, and a noble phantasm with a similar ability, if the two are the same rank?
For example, imagine my servant has a Cloak of Shadows as its NP, with a rank of B. Would this be comparable in power to the Presence Concealment skill at rank B?
Another example, Rider (Medusa) has the Mystic Eyes of Petrification at rank A+. What if the hero Perseus had the Gorgon's head as a noble phantasm, that grants a petrification power at rank A+. Would these two powers be equally powerful?

TL;DR Are noble phantasms inherently stronger, weaker or equal to skills?

There's no relation, they all do different things. As a general rule magic system-related skills tend to be hella buff and versatile (which is why Magic Resistance is such a big deal), and at higher ranks Noble Phantasm bullshit trumps skill bulshit in a contest of direct concept-vs-concept conflict

>That spoiler.
Dinosaur Ork?

Dinork.

Val if you're around could you answer a question for me? If i wanted to take Lucifer as my Hero spirit would I need Divinity Ex? Also would I need anything else?

Not that user, but I think you mean 'dinosork'.
TyrannosORKus Rex

Could you use Green Lantern constructs to make monomolecular wire nets?

Dork.

Well as far as I know nobody does and constructs can be broken so maybe it wouldn't be stable enough.

So, what happens to the crew of the Light of Terra if you turn it into an ACU?

Lucifer isn't a god, so he wouldn't be EX. In TM things like Saints, holy men, and demigods all have Divinity ranks. Hell, I think Saint George had a B in it. Gilgamesh himself had a A+ downgraded to a B, I believe. So an actual angel? It's probably going to be A++ or something, but not Ex, as they're not literal gods.

I'm not Val though, this is just my logic on it.

Not Val, but I don't believe there's any required skill for any servant, just skills that make more or less sense.
Lucifer, for example, is indeed originally a Divine Spirit, but Divinity also means your affinity with the Gods. Lucifer is both cast down from the Heavens and fights against God, so there's reasons for him not to have Divinity (or at least not have a very high rank).

For the rest, you *need* very little, but given the stories around Lucifer, it'd make sense to give him Bravery, Charisma and a NP related to light.
Or maybe you mean the Lucifer that is Satan, then you might want something like Mystic Eyes or a NP related to fire.
Innocent Monster is also an interesting ability to give Lucifer.

I should note there is a canon basis for this sort of thing; Gilgamesh's Divinity ranking is lowered from A+ to B because he hates the gods so much his legend makes him less godly.

Or something.

I hate Fate logic. Nasu just fucking mashes words together to pretend he's a big boy who actually understands what they mean.

So, i recently watched that movie again...

Do you know if Origin:Spirits of the Past has enough material to make a jump out of it ?

>Lucifer
>Heroic Spirit
Oh yeah, no way THAT could go wrong in so many different ways. Dude's at best an arrogant jerk like Gilgamesh, worst case Angira Mainyu levels of fucked up, except unlike him Lucifer actually IS the Devil, so...

>Not knowing about glorious rebel against a corrupt god Lucifer.

Thanks for the feedback, I was told in IRC i may need Divinity as he was an angel.

There are a huge number of interpretations for him, and as he hasn't really been in Nasuverse stuff yet you can just pick your own.

Never heard of it, can you explain?

Normally, I'd say 'Go watch it', but here's a relatively quick summary:

Humanity is in the future. They have some advanced technology, have set up some outposts on the moon (like mini-biospheres for example). Unfortunately, some twat decide that the plants aren't growing fast enough and does something to accelerate it, with ... predictable results - aka the plants gain a rudimentary consciousness, wreck the biosphere then extend everywhere on the moon, eventually BLOWING UP A CHUNK OF IT. Then they fall to Earth, causing the Apocalypse.

Fast forward however many years later, the world is divided in 3 pieces: the Forest (a bunch of homicidal overgrowth that still manage to live in harmony with the 2nd faction by controlling its water supply), the Neutral City (a small city built in the ruins of past cities, living with the Forest and acting as a buffer between it and the 3rd faction), The Ragna Nation (a militaristic nation full of machines, smoke, and all that stuff which want to return Earth to its natural state).

The MC named Agito and his friend Kain go and try to steal some water from the Forest-controlled well. They get caught and Agito make a run for it and end up in a underground facility. There he see a blinking red light, and discover a big machine. He climb up to it, then discover that its a stasis machine that still a an occupant, named Toola. Said Toola is in possesion of the local MacGuffin which is a raban (some sort of futuristic cell-phone/computer/access-key) that the Ragna Nation is searching for to activate Project E.S.T.O.C. (a large-scale terraforming device) and return the Erath to its original state.

For the rest, you'll have to watch it.

And here's the trailer to go with it:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9zHfbm1akM

>Not available in your country
Oh.
Also, off topic, but I just realized that if you import the Light of Terra as your ACU and take both Experimental ACU and the Forged Alliance Scenario, you can increase it's firepower and armour by 700%.

Bump, I'm also curious.

They die horribly and get mushed into the suddenly compressed LoT, what did you think would happen?

You'll never get the stains out of the seats either.

>Not available in your country
.....Damnit. Well i'm pretty sure you could find another version of it on Youtube cause I live in France and have no idea how to make it visible to other countries.

Nothing's been said on it, as far as I know. But ACUs are fully automated, so they probably get a sudden flood of vacation time.

This , but it seems the size only changes if it's BELOW 80 meters. In fact, it seems some upgrades would make it BIGGER.

> So, what happens to the crew of the Light of Terra if you turn it into an ACU?

youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

I just wank it as Jumpchan waving her hand and giving them time off to go chill. Or they become ants.

Probably both.

Found this youtube.com/watch?v=ESYx7goRHI8 for Eagle landers.

After watching the trailer and hearing that summary, I fully encourage you to make a jump out of this. It looks amazing!

Thanks!
Hmmmm....
Maybe i will, or maybe not...
I already tried once to make a jump (EVE Online), but realized i was WAY in over my head to try and make something that could encompass such a large game, and abandonned it.

But this seems much simpler so i may give it a try. Not claiming it though, so if anyone else want to give it a go, do so.

So, when, exactly, does the 40k jump happens? Besides that one location that hurls you back to the Heresy, is there a specifc year for when the jump begins?

Nope. Each location roll takes place at a different period of time, e.g. Macragge getting invaded by the Tyranids.

Is there a perk that allows you to safely interact with alternate universe you's?

Also, if the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes jump finished yet?

Orkeosaurus is an actual thing in 40k. It's a giant mega-squiggoth iirc.

>Rolled Gravalax
My 40k-fu is must be weak, this doesn't rings any bells. Oh well.

Another question: How much danger would a blank tech-priest be in if their only drawback was Dark Millenium x7 (i.e. +1000 years)?

Also as a blank tech-priest, is the risk/reward of working for an Inquisitor worth it, or would I be better of just tinkering in a forge world?

Isn't that the planet where the HERO OF THE IMPERIUM CIAPHAS CAIN is in?

>Is there a perk that allows you to safely interact with alternate universe you's?
I don't see why you'd need a perk to do that.

If anyone wishes to make a CBS Supergirl Jump, you're more than welcome to. From what I understand there's a bunch of Aliens, including J'onn and White Martians.

Is that bayonetta dressed as a squid?

To see how you could have turned out, to create a army consisting of yourself, gathering information from versions of you who have succeeded at what you want to do, taking the phrase "Go Fuck Yourself Literally", safe organ donors.

hang on I have that book but it's an anthology.

Yes.

Some settings make it so you die if you do so, like JJBA.

Does she have ink-shooters on her feet?

I guess but that's awfully super specific and niche

Then how do the 30 Kars live on Mars?

Not a canon story.

okay I skimmed all the stories in that book and while I cannot say he does not go there off top of my head he does not go there in that anthology.

found it
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gravalax_Incident

There's this bit in the wiki.

>Gravalax
>Mainly mentioned in the novel "Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium" the Imperium held colonies on this planet with the Tau and "Xeno-Lovers" a group of pro-tau humans who fight the PDF and the Valhallan 597th Guard regiment. Not much history is told about this "miserable mud-ball." The combined forces of the Valhallan 597th and Commissar Cain, and an Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos, Amberley Vail, were sorely tested on Gravalax. After political instability caused the fall of the Tau's peaceful diplomatic missions and the Order to eliminate the human planetary governor by Lord General Zyvan. This was all dwarfed by the invasion of one of the first Tyranid hive fleets in many a century.

Ignoring the fact that Jorge isn't canon, they're from different iterations of the universe, rather than actual alternate selves.

IE Kars 1 and Kars 2 touch on Mars, so they die. But Kars 3 from Universe 3 lives through the end and beginning of the universe, and touches Kars A from Universe A. Kars A can't touch Kars B from Universe B, but nothing stopping him from high-fiving Kars 3.

All I know of alternate versions of you killing you in JJBA is possibly just an effect of Funny Valentine's stand, not actually a required function of interacting with alternate versions of yourself.

It's still being worked on; I've been busier than usual lately, so I'm not able to work on it as much as I'd like.

Thanks for the update. Just wanted to see how it was going along.

What kind of ship is the Light of Terra, before the upgrades you can give it in the jumps that is?

>What kind of ship is the Light of Terra
Space, it is a space ship.

She is a Gloriana-class and from what Babylon said it can be 16-32 kms

It's a fuckhuge imperial battleship..

It is based off the a ship of the same name from 40K Rouge Trader, it is one of the biggest battleships in Imperium history. Keep in mind that older tech is better tech in the cluster fuck that is the 40K universe and the LoT is Pre-Heresy.

Who made the blame jump and are they still around? Because I have some questions:
1. Net terminal genes would allow me to access technical databases right? I'm getting them either way and giving them to killy and the rest of the people I encounter via a custom retrovirus and the plague bringer perk from road to El Dorado but I want to know if that can help me get there tech
2. There's no pay CP to start where you want option in the location section, is this intentional?
3. Safeguard levels are a trap option if you're not safeguard right?
4.Sanakan Soul + builder +Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is how you start making your own megastructure isn't it?
5. Speaking of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger when it says Discounted for both NSE & Dismantler does that mean it's discounted twice if you have them both?
6. Out of context resurrection abilities work on Yion Green right?

Dirge is gone, you're fucked on getting answers.

well damn, does anyone have any ideas or more insight into the series than I do? I'm guessing I will have to fanwank something but I want to be able to do so responsibly so I'm running it by the thread anyway because these are all ideas I've had

There really should be a supplement with default prices for basic options like paying for location choice, ya know just in case of a jump not having their own rule/price for things like that.

>go to Akame ga Kill
>fight Esdeath
>knock her to the equivalent of 1 HP and unable to move
>walk away wordlessly

What happens, /jc/?

You sure he's not just on vacation?

rage

no there shouldn't, because someone might want to do that intentionally and that would override their artistic vision, also\supplements are bad.

She might just fall in love with you in a very serious way depending on HOW you do it. Sleep with one eye open the following night.

Either she falls in love with you, or submits to a better predator i.e. you. Didn't she have sort of ideology that is like Darwinism or something?

So Main Pawns from Dragon's Dogma. I was thinking having her personality be Kuudere (basically like Raven). Good idea or not?

May annoy her, or cause a flood in her skirt, could go either way.

that's 11 hit points to many anonymous, stop thinking with your genitals Or being so evil.

Either make her want you badly and wants to break you or you are now her obsession a rival/real challenge to defeat.

Then their intentional removal of that feature would be the rule in that jump and override the default supplement.

Supplements beyond warehouse/body mod were a mistake.

Why the fuck is there an ad for the /qst/ board at the top of the thread?

It's on every board, not just this thread. As for why-probably because some mod is trying to push his new board, I guess?

it's part of the header they are in every thread on TG

Depends, do you have any Befriending Perks?

148. Generic Virtual World
Perks: Self-Awareness (-50), Data For Dinner (-100), White Hat (-100), Wired In (-150), Data Breaker (-300), Ghost In The Machine (-300), Force Projection (-300)
Freebies: Augmented Reality Layering (-50), Simsuit
Items: Ping (-50)
Mission Extras: Friends on the Outside (-200)
Drawbacks: Finger on the Pulse (+600)

Chimmy: Exploitation Now (-600), Limited Edition Avatar, Augmented Reality Layering, Simsuit
Falco: Information Miner (-600), Limited Edition Avatar, Augmented Reality Layering, Simsuit
Roberta: Exploitation Now (-600), Limited Edition Avatar, Augmented Reality Layering, Simsuit
Ko'el: Coding Zen (-300), Word Of Flynn (-300), Limited Edition Avatar, Augmented Reality Layering, Simsuit
SoB: Troll (-300), Crash and Burn (-300), Limited Edition Avatar, Augmented Reality Layering, Simsuit
Asriel: White Hat (-100), Limited Edition Avatar, Augmented Reality Layering, Simsuit, Spoof (-200), Purge (-300)
Isaac: Similar Subsystems (-600), Limited Edition Avatar, Augmented Reality Layering, Simsuit
Toby: Coding Zen (-300), Word Of Flynn (-300), Limited Edition Avatar, Augmented Reality Layering, Simsuit

A lot happened here. This is one of those settings where a lot happens because it was built with ten years in mind. 10 Great September Disasters, the afterlife breaking free and warping data, the hunt for a body taken by god knows who, the weird interactions with the world so thoroughly interconnected with the net. This is basically set up for a novel series on existentialism and a persons abilities to understand truth, reality, mortality, and communication.

I'm going to spend days imagining my jumper's adventures here. I've already lost hours trying to think of what to tell you guys about, honestly.

You're pretty sensitive, aren't you? This is on every board and every thread. It's a general announcement to all of Veeky Forums that the board exists.

>Wanting to befriend Esdeath
I'd rather befriend Exdeath.

The more I think about it, the more ?I think that /qst/s existance is solely so some random Fuckstick can go "I MADE A THING. LOOK AT MY THING"

Didn't they lump it on some other mod to actually set it up though?

Treehugger.

With the upcomin update to the Terra Formars jump, what organism did you choose/plan to choose for your base? I know I plan to give my companion with Sting a web generating organism for maximum searing potential.

Aren't pawns mindless?

Hey at least this tree has some glorious armor.

They are like dolls whose personality you dress up.

Ophiocoma Wendtii. It's a species of starfish whose entire body is one giant eye. Calcite crystal lenses on its skin let it focus light like an interferometer array into its skeleton made of organic fiberoptic cable, which channels the light directly to its optic nerves. It has ridiculous eyesight, as a result. Though the main reason I got it was so that, by becoming one giant eye, I could use powers focused through my eyes from any point of my body. Try not looking me in my hypno-eyes now, you can't do it!

Holy shit thats so fucking cool. You just became Starro. Thats also super horrifying, because you also get the scary regeneration.

Homeworld jump PDF, page 2, Scenarios section, first paragraph: last(?) sentence cuts off mid-way.

You must really hate flashbangs and floodlights.

I went with microbial primal zerg, I have thought of changing it since the zerg jump became a thing, but I can't really think of anything better.

>Hey, Superman. You've got laser eyes, yes?
>Well, ye-
>Check this out. BRINNGG

I was a tailless whip scorpion.

I think I'm the only one who went completely mundane there.

Animorphs + a Kryptonian seems like a fun idea.

They are annoying, yes. Thankfully I have durability and regeneration perks to keep them from causing any real damage. Still not fun.

>Actually being a bug person

No thanks. Only going there for a good old fashioned Bug Hunt