Right, been a while since I've been on Veeky Forums...

Right, been a while since I've been on Veeky Forums, not even sure if anyone will see this thread through the sea of stupid quest threads that took over the board (apparently there's a trial board for them now? Why the hell are they still being posted here?)

I'm interested in trying to make a character based on Gwyndolin in D&D 4e. I just need to basic pointers and ideas for how to make a character that's someewhat close to her, while still effective.

>her

Convenient return, attempted scathing comment, on-topic but incredibly basic topic.

If you want to bitch about quest threads just bitch about quest threads you passive-aggressive fuck.

If you actually played 4e and had a rulebook in front of you and had a wiki on the character you want it would be easy as shit to work out what you want.

Either ask a real question or unabashedly bitch about something, don't half-ass both.

I want to marry him.

>11
>Sea

This is bait isn't it?

1/15th of the board isn't "sea". I'm not sure if this is a thinly veiled meta thread, considering the actual content of your post is incredibly half passed.

Just be a bard or warlock

This place really has gone to shit.
lel, slipped up there, sorry

>This place really has gone to shit.

>user doesn't want shitty thinly-veiled meta-threads

>that makes it bad

No, user, you are the cancer.

Trial board means you can post quests there but you don't have to. Once the board becomes permanent (presumably in 1-2 weeks), all quests will have to go there.

I'm not entirely fluent in all the 4e splats, but I would look into Warlock if Blade Pact is possible to be taken with a Bow. That would also give you access to Teleport and variety magical projectiles. That's for offensive capabilities. But there should also be strong focus on illusions. As for race Tiefling or Asamir kind of makes sense. If you wanna stick closer to the core races, just go with Elf.

Another options if going for divine caster - cleric or Favored Soul, again, focused on Illusion domain. Not sure how well the bow incorporates in there.

You really can't go much wrong in 4th as long as stick to the attribute that's primary for your class and know your role in the party.

>her

I don't play 4e, but you could definitely create Gwyndolin in WHFRP using the Grey Wind of magic, which specializes in illusion.

You could even make him the disappoint.jpg son of a prominent Bright College magister.

Do those Invokers or whatever the fuck the cleric wizards are called know any illusion spells?

Then do one of those.

>(apparently there's a trial board for them now? Why the hell are they still being posted here?)
Why move from a perfectly good place to a shitty one that's doomed to failure?

same reason you're on Veeky Forums in the first place
because you're a shitty person doomed for failure

Too real, man.

Quests have enough of a Skub/anti-Skub dynamic to them on Veeky Forums to warrant a split.

there are mechanical kinks in the board itself that are causing problems, but other than that the only argument for staying in Veeky Forums is board culture, and the ONLY response from the mods I've EVER heard in my 8 years on Veeky Forums to "but I don't like the board dedicated to the thing I want to talk about!" has been "too bad, shut up and stay there."

tl;dr quest threads are not going to be on Veeky Forums for long. I am not particularly bothered by quests, with the exception of jumpchain, which I cannot wait to see go.

The only thing I'm worried about is that definitively putting quests on a certain board means that random fun activities done for only a thread or two by drawfags or anons with photoshop and patience are going to be frowned upon. If those aren't allowed on any board outside of /qst/ and perhaps /b/, then I fear there will be a loss of spontaneous creation and fun and creativity as everything becomes more streamlined and restrictive - not necessarily even as an action of board-rules, but as a reaction by various board communities refusing to allow anything even tangentially quest-related.

There's also the recent complaining about various threads, but that seems to be more of a temporary ripple with the creation of a new board than necessarily a long-term concern.

>with the exception of jumpchain
Jumpchain is a CYOA, not a quest. It's not going anywhere.

>Right, been a while since I've been on Veeky Forums, not even sure if anyone will see this thread through the sea of stupid quest threads that took over the board
Quest have been here for a while, you left before 2011 and you're coming back now?

Invoker.

It's how they start everything. There's a bingo picture for stupid anti-quest rhetoric.

If you crack open Tome of Corruption you can even get a combination of mutations to fit the snake feet.

... What about 5e?

Not OP, just curious. Can't think about a way to make it work.

CYOAs are quests and will be forced to move once the concentration order goes into effect.

Tome of Corruption has a mutation for everything, really. Even a Flaming Skull Face.

It's great when they stack. You could get a flaming skull head that shrinks to the size of an orange, shortly before your skeleton decides its had enough of this nonsense and runs away in the night.

A lot of these had sub tables, like the blood one that you could roll on to see if your veins were now filled with lava, or poison, or thousands of tiny birds.

Or shit, or mud, or acid...

>not even sure if anyone will see this thread through the sea of stupid quest threads that took over the board
>7.7% of all threads on Veeky Forums is "taking over the board"
Ebin meme.

What are you taking about OP? Veeky Forums is in the greatest state it's ever been in quite a while. Quests are almost completely dead now and nearly every single thread is about traditional games again. Welcome to a new golden age my man.

To be fair, before /qst/ they were a lot more prominent, and took up most of the top page because they were so regular.

But they were also very easy to filter, and even if you didn't filter them all you had to do was scroll down a little farther.

The 7.7% is before /qst/.

Think you replied to the wrong guy?

>caring about the first page
>not using the catalog

>they were a lot more prominent, and took up most of the top page because they were so regular.
Actually this is true, most established quests (really anything that lives past one dozen threads) have stable following that keeps the thread up consistently.
Meanwhile threads about anything that isn't M:tG, 40k or D&D don't stay on page 1 particularly long.

see

>go on vacation
>Rome is godlike
>return and check Veeky Forums
>quests are kill
Be honest, motherfuckers: that plane crashed, didn't it. I got into heaven on some bullshit technicality and mistook the information pamphlet for junk mail or something.

>>quests are kill
>15 quest threads up right now
Looks pretty alive to me. What are you on about?

/qst/ has no archive, a lot of ongoing quests rely on the archives.

I just assumed that those quests were in the process of being deported to . Is there some weird shit going on?

>deported
They won't be. /qst/ isn't a containment board. It's a trial board. Mods are just checking if there's enough activity and positive feedback to support a board for quests. People are still free to run their quests on Veeky Forums.

see

>/qst/ isn't a containment board.
yet

>Once the board becomes permanent (presumably in 1-2 weeks), all quests will have to go there.
IF it becomes permanent. So far they've received overwhelming amounts of negative feedback and a lot of QM's and players are boycotting /qst/. They might just delete it.

What problems do they have with it?

The fact that the only people who want it, or even care, are people who hate quests on Veeky Forums.

The only reason some mod derped it into existence in two hours was because anti-questfags brutalized /qa/ over it as if it was some board-shattering problem.

Meanwhile here I am, not having a problem with quests on Veeky Forums because I'm not a retard who can't use the filter or catalog, or keep my hateboner in my pants for something I don't like.

Say what you want, questfags have been far more mature about things than anti-questfags. Make no mistake, you're both faggots. Stirring up shit so now there are a bunch of stupid fucking "ebin >>/qst/" posts and threads. Shitting up my fucking board just as much as they claimed quests did.

XS made a lot of good points about it in the Feedback thread if I remember correctly. I think her post is still up. Other than a couple of bugs etc. that makes it hard to run quests and the population problem, some are doing it out of spite due to how it was handled and how it was shoved down their throat by a Mod who has no idea how quests work.

They might. But I don't think they will. So far the only time trial board got aborted was because of too much shitposting (/film/), this doesn't seem to be the case with /qst/ so it's more likely to get made official.

The new board is doing good and the quests dont make sense being here anyone, especially snce they get barely any replies in comparison. Theres no need to be so passive aggressive against someone for even daring to mention the subject.

>Quester mentality.
They're shit and so are you.

Quests used to be good, they haven't been for a long time.

And /qst/ hasn't received a lot of shitposting? lol. There was more than 200 unique IPs shitting on the mod.

*anymore

Thats doubtful, theyve been looking for if it has enough activity and it definitely does, and the overwhelming opinion seems to be to keep it but not force people into it. Its very very unlikely that they will get rid of /qst/ and the detractors seem to be few but loud

Still nowhere neat the volume /film/ got.
And 200 unique IPs can mean two persistent trolls with dynamic proxy, you know.

In theory that shouldn't be an issue. For example, that time Veeky Forums made that game about eating baby's doesn't fall under the definition of a quest. It was more like playtesting.

But I get the feeling that the mods are too stupid and the anti-quest fags don't care to understand the distinction.

>I can't handle things I don't like; the post

Next you'll tell me how bad all the generals are for everything except "xedition" and they should all get shipped off except for yours. I wouldn't have to deal with all of this shit if you didn't stir up shit.

How about instead of bitching about quests taking up you precious front page you post some worthwhile shit somewhere? Because god forbid you act productive and contribute rather than shitpost about something and ultimately do nothing to improve the board.

You seem to think axing quests will suddenly make your posts good. Fuck all of that noise, I'm embarrassed to share a board with you.

>overwhelming opinion seems to be to keep it but not force people into it.
If this happens, I bet both sides can enjoy it. People can still run their quests on Veeky Forums and those who wants to can run on /qst/.

>And 200 unique IPs can mean two persistent trolls with dynamic proxy, you know.
That's a weak argument, man. Could just as well say that the "overwhelming" opinion that /qst/ should stay is the same dynamic proxy deal.

>If this happens, I bet both sides can enjoy it. People can still run their quests on Veeky Forums and those who wants to can run on /qst/.

I think eventually people will stop posting quests on Veeky Forums because its completely pointless and they seem to get a lot less replies

>Veeky Forums because its completely pointless and they seem to get a lot less replies
I'd like to see evidence that they get less replies. It's very doubtful. And it's only pointless in your opinion.

I don't particularly care who wins, I just want to know when I can post the smuggest of anime grills for either side.

>All this projection.
Lol I've literally helped make game systems on this board.

Quest threads are just a collective shithole for children like yourself like you.

So the solution is to get people to use the sage feature more prominently in quests. Not make a half-assed board to segment the community and give validity to the people bitching about something so minor. Tons of threads on this board are already so slow that you need to use the catalog for them most of the time anyway.

>for children like yourself like you
?

>I'd like to see evidence that they get less replies.

Just look at the highest ones on each board. 500s+ vs ones that can barely get past 100-200 replies. Stop being passive aggressive and actually look for yourself

>It's very doubtful. And it's only pointless in your opinion.

Its pointless because its redundant which is the most objective way to judge if something is pointless.

You heard.

He's a questfag man. Passive aggression is all he has.

>Lol I've literally helped make game systems on this board.

So have I. So have people from quest threads as well, I'm sure. So have frogposters. So have all the stat-me guys. Moreover, anyone could claim and prove that they have. Next you'll go onto 1d4chan and list random shit from there

>"lol I did that too"

>NUH-UH YOU DINDU NUFFIN! ;_;
lel
If you're just some sad faggot why didn't you say?

>I will continue to neglect any evidence contrary, and self-fellate myself , thus proving my superiority

Literally cancer.

Because the questfags are angry and have convinced themselves that they're welcome here

Pot calling the kettle black, I love it.

Fuck this, I'm out.

>tfw either of these chucklefucks say something to the other

Get a room

You think bumping this thread is any better?

Hypocrisy in action right there..

/aco/ was a trial board too and they shredded /d/ the instant it went up

>13 quest threads when you already have an entire board is acceptable

The solution is just to remove quests to another board completely, not trying to make half-assed fixes that we all know you won't actually do.

The only reason you all tag your threads at all is because a deal was struck that also limited you to 5 threads in exchange for people not shitposting. You immediately violated it.

I'm sorry we couldn't help you.

>because there was ever a point before /qst/ when there was 50 quests running simultaneously

Yeah, man, you sure showed that menace which divided the entirety of this board.

I can't even throw my arms up in exasperation, here, have a thumbs up.

Rah rah fight the powa lil guy.

>Meanwhile here I am, not having a problem with quests on Veeky Forums because I'm not a retard who can't use the filter or catalog

Jesus, this.
I don't give a shit about quests either way (I hide 'em myself), but what kinda whiney little bitch cries and moans when he literally has a button right in front of him right then at ALL TIMES that fixes the problem and yet refuses to press it?

That's literally making up reasons to be mad because you have LITERALLY the easiest possible and quickest possible solution to any problem ever in front of you and yet refuse to grow up and use it.

1) quests take up a permanant chunk of threads on Veeky Forums, up to 30 at times. When /v/ has 10 threads about the same game there are massive complaints, but Veeky Forums is expected to accept the same amount of individual writethreads dedicated to a single writer?

2)Quest threads force themselves to the top of the catalog through their speed, since they require lots of copy and pasted votes. This instantly drives new threads down the catalog the moment they're posted, and any other established threads then get bumped in front of them. This drives new threads off the board much faster, which results in a more static catalog. New types of threads can't get a foothold because there's a solid block of quest threads that stays at the top of the catalog, so they slide off. These threads can last up to multiple days.

3)the community that participates in quest threads does not overlap with the rest of Veeky Forums. They claim that they do, of course, and they might browse other threads, but you'll notice that you never see Quest related topics being mentioned in other Veeky Forums threads. The quest community does not contribute to Veeky Forums at large, they only create content within the Quest community. No one in world building threads ever contributes ideas or characters from their quests, for instance, nor are mechanical implementations discussed. They're an isolated segment of Veeky Forums culture, like oil in water.

Basically quests are already completely separate from Veeky Forums, so having them around makes no sense. It's the same as Pokemon threads or generals on /v/. Sure, you can filter them, but it's better for everyone to free up that space and allow that niche community somewhere else to go.

>not using "creation date" or pinning threads in the catalog

Literally retarded. Use your tools better.

>up to 30 at times
When? Literally when have there been 30 quest threads on this board?

>Literally mad-replying to a reasonable well typed post.
Questfags.

Right now there's around 20 counting CYOAs and other forum games that should go to /qst/ as well.

>reasonable

That's not a proper argument against the board existing in principle. Just because people who don't like something requested a containment board doesn't in itself make the board a bad idea.
See: /vp/, Veeky Forums, /mlp/, /jp/

>counting CYOAs

So by counting something other than quests you have 30 quests.

You're as bad as the people who counted generals in those numbers to try and look better.

>Literally get your own circlejerk space.
>Instead of using it or trying to make it better you complain.
>Passive aggressively post on how the new board won't be used and how the mods will have to force you to move.
Questfags.

Even if those numbers of quest threads are true, Veeky Forums is a slower board than /v/. Threads are less likely to die that quickly because others are popular.

While I actually do agree with you on all points, complaining when you already have a solution you can implement that causes them to not bother you comes off as incredibly whiny to me.
I've never been on quest threads, never GMed one, and never cared to, but I still manage to not feel anything about it one way or another because I know how to actually use Veeky Forums and thus they've never bothered me and never even obstructed my sightline and somehow "offended" me by being there.
I have what amounts to a selective mute button for my EYES on here, and so I use it when I feel the need. Getting mad about it the subject is a colossal waste of time and fucking ridiculous as fuck.

....and I actually came on here because I thought someone would actually answer the question because I'm interested in it, only to find apparently it WAS a ridiculous shill thread who didn't just want to make a thread discussing what he actually wanted to discuss.

Those were all examples of a massively greater amount of content and more universal opinion on them.

-no one- wants /mlp/ shit on their board, for example.

it's archived on sup/tg/, on the offchance this is an honest mistake

/mlp/ posters did.

>complaining when you already have a solution you can implement that causes them to not bother you comes off as incredibly whiny to me.
Reminder; Questfags have a solution they can implement (migration) that causes them not to bother anyone but they'd rather bitch and moan and develop a victim complex.

>Quesfags.

>reasonable

Again, a staggering amount of content as opposed to a minor amount.

Don't be a faggot and act like you can pick and choose.

1. The only time quests are that big are during summer when new threads are made often. Additionally quests are far more diverse than a critique on one game or even a series.

2. They rarely last that long, and if they bump off a thread said thread is dead. additioanly front page space only matters to people who can't use the catalogue, which means they're likely too inept to understand most Veeky Forums games, jokes, memes, or stories.

3.>but you'll notice that you never see Quest related topics being mentioned in other Veeky Forums threads
Largely because they don't want to be shills, and most people won't say "Hey I got this great idea from a quest!" Instead the say "Hey I got a great idea." Nice false comparison user. On the surface it almost makes sense.

>Her

There's a "naked" image of Gwyndolin in the Dark souls 1 Art Book and for what it's worth:

Gwyndolin does have a pair of rather perky breasts- I'm no breast expert, but it looks like "he" at least has a B cup or so.