Warhammer 40k General

Fortify This Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>White Dwarves

mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/all-products/roboute-gulliman-hb.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PREPARING FORTIFICATIONS!

May we crusade here Brother?

You aint fortifying shit, smurf.

If it is Xenos and Heretics you fight then you are entirely welcome, Battle-brother.

First for 2nd edition Necropyramid.

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

I'm 100% convinced the new flyer rules were created because someone at GW noticed Ork Dakka Jets were BS3.

>Dakka Jets are dedicated Anti-Air
>Str 6 guns

Can't make this shit up.

Why does he squat the Vendetta?

>Str 6 guns

Works fine against AV10 and AV11 Flyers.

Useless samefag

>Guy invite me for a friendly game
>1500 pt
>He plays Raven Guard
>I'm a Slaanesh player
>Well, let's try the Black Legion Warband, because why not.
>Chaos Lord on steed
>10 MoS Raptots with IoE
>Plasma Chosens in Rhino
>Terminators
>Havocs with Autocannon
>And then... 20 men squad of CSM with the obligatory VotLW, MoS, Icon and extra CCW, for a nice 423 pt cost
>This has to be the most retarded list i ever done, but what the hell, I'm having fun
>mfw I win and completely crash him

Yeah. S 6 really isn't that bad, especially when you're looking at several twin-linked shots from a relatively cheap platform.

Being able to attack ground targets was a nice bonus and was part of what made the Dakkajet rather useful.

Tell me 40k General, what is your favorite piece of fluff? Doesn't matter if it's retconned or not, what tiny little excerpt, background about a character or unit, short story, massive novel, campaign book, etc. is the thing you love most about 40k.

I would throw in more memes and say "he does it for free", but no. They squatted it and expect everyone to pay for the book they squatted it in.

Works fine against AV 11?

Codex 5+ strikes again!

Jihar the Lacerator.

Everything about him (so, very little).

>Str 6 guns
>Can't make this shit up.
Flyrants

I really like that one bit about the time some Orks looted an Avatar of Khaine.

That's so incredibly Orky and fitting that it makes me want to make an actual army for it.

The ork who went back in time to kill himself so he could have two of his favorite guns.

Yeah those dedicated anti air fly rants!

What about an Ork who went back in time and killed himself so he could ride two looted Avatars of Khaine into battle?

I like the Deathleaper's story, shame the writer is stupid enough to mix "instinct" with "intelligence"

Was that Space Marine Battles novel about the Octarian Ork WAAAGH! that had:

> Boyz the size of Nobz.

> Nobz the size of Warbosses.

> A warboss the size of a Mega-Dread or Orkanaut.

> A Bigmek who built a land-train siege-engine with the power of a Gargant and slapped the Eldar and Raven Guard around with it.

> The same Bigmek who built a Tellyporta powered by captured Eldar.

> A Weirdboy and the same Bigmek who outsmarted the Eldar and Raven Guard.

> Battle-Wagons described as being Battle-Fortress sized.

> The ability and intention to loot an Eldar Avatar which is what called them there in the first place.

The Red Terror really needs to be updated and retconned to a Trygon scale beast. He doesn't have the same oomph he had in 3rd edition anymore.

The Iron Warriors and their disrespect for the Gods.

Like the time they used one of Khorne' mightiest Blood Thirster's as a component in an anti-psyker shield or that Warpsmith (Voshstok Pistonhand) who pissed off all four Chaos Gods by abducting their Daemons for his Daemon Engines.

Speaking of Pistonhand, does he show in the Horus Heresy books?

Or Manneus Drath for that matter?

I want an Ork Super Heavy that is just a Fuck off Huge warboss. Just a Bigga boy. sure its the price of Knight, at least be fun and Impractical.

I don't play Orks, and I want to fight one

>He doesn't have the same oomph he had in 3rd edition anymore.
Doesn't help that T4 multi-wound nids are pretty shit at the moment, Zoans excluded of course

Orks bigger than maybe 10 foot tall or so, 12 tops are just stupid.

Fluff oomph, but that too.

Daily reminder that CSM have no units not outperformed by a cheaper loyalist equivalent.

obilits? they lack an equivalent for their all purposeness.

Gravcents.

Grav Cents. Grav outperforms every weapon option Oblits have.

Do you prefer a list with models and loadouts you like or one designed to win?

You're gonna be upset then when you read the book and see that's not what happened.

Specific reminder that 'Daily Reminders' make people less sympathetic to your cause, not more.

A mix of the two hopefully. But I guess I'd prefer using models I like over anything else.

Nah, that's what happened

Halfway?

Pick a concept that will include units and models I like, then optimise that.

yes

I really hope GW releases an OP as fuck CSM codex so you can cut this shit out, and all the other codexes will hate you as much as they hate Tau, Eldar, and SM.

Princes, Daemon-engines and Spawn you faggot

One with models I like, but obviously I'll try and set things up so they aren't completely useless.

I love the look and feel of multilaser scatter bikes

>Princes
Either die like lemings, or fly around the battlefield trying and failing to summon stuff and thus never earn their points back.
>Daemon-Engines
You mean the Dinobots? Lel. All three are trash.
>Spawn
A unit without a save whose sole purpose is to die. Yeah, real fukkin useful.

The death of Horus, Papa Sang breaking that manlet Bloodthirster's spine, Autek Mor, Kyr Vhalen, or Hector Rex beating the other manlet Bloodthirster.

CATo Sicarius needs to put on some CATaphractii armour while his Mantle of Suzerain is being serviced sometime.

also just bought this, how big of a schmuck am I?

blacklibrary.com/all-products/roboute-gulliman-hb.html

I pretty much have all the LE UM books so I can't stop collecting them due to autism.

The Avatar, abandoned on a planet and starved of Eldar presence, called out to the nearest sentient species, which happened to be Orks. Orks, attracted to the warlike presence, gathered to it like a moth to the flame and followed it to battle. Orks got looted by an Avatar.

I try to find a middle ground between what I like, what is good and what I have. The end result is a Tyranid list of slight variations with always:
>A Hive Tyrant (usually without wings)
>3 Tyrant Guard
>2 broods of 2 Zoanthrope
>A Malanthrope
>60 Termagants
>30 Hormagaunts
>A Hive Crone
After these I take what mood dictates

Still cool either way.

Thoughts on the following Daemons list:

Daemonic Incursion
-Murderhorde
--Herald of Khorne - Lesser Gift
--5x Dogs (1)
--5x Dogs (2)
--5x Dogs (3)
--5x Dogs (5)
--5x Dogs (6)
--5x Dogs (7)
--5x Dogs (8)

-Burning Skyhost
--Herald of Tzeentch - The Oracular Disc
--3x Screamers (1)
--3x Screamers (2)
--3x Screamers (3)
--3x Screamers (4)
--3x Screamers (5)
--3x Screamers (6)
--3x Screamers (7)
--3x Screamers (8)
--3x Screamers (9)

Chaos Daemons CAD
-Fateweaver
-3x Nurglings
-3x Nurglings

Granted it isn't the most interesting list and it is designed for competitive play. The dogs are basically my answer to battle company and the screamers are my answer to Scatbikes/Warp Spiders. Fateweaver is just too good not to use. The Nurglings allow me to fully own objectives thanks to corruption. Finally between the Incursion and Fateweaver the likelihood that I won't be on the high side of the warpstorm table almost all game is incredibly slim.

All the units I like are garbage, so.

>He thinks spawn are bad!
So quite literally no attempt to back up the previous claim and no knowledge of CSM at all? Cool! keep being shit :^)

Spawn are cheap. Cheap doesn't make them good.

>All the other factions' decurions
Let's make them fluffy, with multiple units and some interesting combinations

>Daemons' decurion
Let them just spam the same unit over and over.

Yeah sometimes it does.

Needs more wraithknights

>>All the other factions' decurions
>Let's make them fluffy, with multiple units and some interesting combinations
Why can't we just remove all decurions and formations?

>what is your favorite piece of fluff?
The first time I realized Azrael was the one that scattered The Fallen.

because then I would have to buy troops.

And I don't want to be forced into some overpriced named character to use other units as troops

I forgot to add the Lion denying the Chaos Gods.

Proxy a random converted model as 'special snowflake version' of whatever special character

Problem solved

With the new Wulfen powers I'm not super worried about WKs.

You say that but when Titans get formations you'll change your tune about formations needing to go.

>sometimes
A melee-only unit with no save, piddling weapon skill and few attacks is good only as a distraction.

CSM have threats worth distracting from. They'd be okay in a codex that could utilize them for distraction purposes, but CSM can't.

Out of pure curiosity, what is the most viable competitive army you can run with the fewest models at 1500 points? The most models?

Just a thought exercise.

>Titans get formations

Thats already a thing.

>fewest
Knight armies, you could run maybe 4 Knights in a 1500 list
>most
IG conscript blobs, unless we count summoning shenanigans, in which case Chaos Daemons armies do it best

>Fewest models

Imperial Knights. Riptide Wings are a strong contender as well. Wraithknights would be in if they didn't need as many units to access them.

>Most

Probably a Marine Gladius. six tactical squads, plus 4 more from the various assault and devastator things, along with all the transports.

Necrons or Ad Mech formations might come close, but I'm not sure on the exact numbers there.

depends on what you consider competitive. fewest probably knights. most probably guard.

pls help me decide Veeky Forums

>just bought battle of calth
>want to paint the Ultramarine side as Emperor's Children instead
>unsure what to paint the other side

>Iron Hands is lore, but don't like all-black/silver color scheme
>stick to Word Bearers, but doesn't make sense to go traitor vs. traitor in the game
>Ultras are okay, but confusion because my Emps are taking the gamecards which are named Ultramarines...
>???

wat do

Why are imperial titans so undercosted? Imperial Knights should come out to 500 points, warhounds to 1,000+, etc. Other factions have more balanced costs (Orks) so why are the imperial ones so broken?

If we're going for general stuff, the Adeptus Mechanicus, and Skitarii.

If we're going for a songle character, Ollianus Pius. One of the reasons I started an IG army.

Though, now that the Skitarii are a thing, I feel a little but of regret getting the IG Start Box. I'll probably just pick that one up later.

This too.

paint them all as EC, you're gonna play Calth like twice. You're gonna play 40k a lot more.

I meant overpriced points. For instance Sammael used to make RW Bikes troops but he is 200pts and pretty meh.

Until the 8th edition grav nerf
I can't wait for the tears

>designed for competitive play
There's no such thing in 40k right now, you can only pay to win and bring rigged dice, oh and play using your favored houserules

180 points for 5, 3 wound toughness 6 beasts is a steal compared to anything any other codex has

>Implying GW will ever nerf loyalists in any way.

Why not paint all of it as Emperor's Children, since then you'll have an entire Emperor's Children army?

What would the founding legions and/or your favorite chapter look like as an Imperial Guard Regiment?

>>Bring Rigged dice

Sure - you have fun with your delusions meanwhile I'll enjoy going to and playing in big events.

You wanna know why I hate Leman Russ?
It's not because of his boner-inducing penchant for teamkilling.
It's not because of his hypocrisy in regards to Nikea and psykers.
It's not because of his inability to back up his boastful nature (see his fights with Lion El'Jonson and Angron).
It's because immediately upon swearing fealty to the Emperor as the 2nd found primarch he had to upstage Horus and his LUNA WOLVES with his own superlative legion title.
Two "official" fucking legions in and we have the Luna Wolves and the Space Wolves.
What a fucking douchebag.

>(Orks)

No those are over-costed by today's standards.

I have seen this post multiple times, try something better.

How would I play the game? D:

The game is something I'd like to play with a friend and girlfriend, none of who are into 40k in the sense that they have 2000 point armies.

What is the best way to equip a Tac squad sarge? Should i equip him for close combat or just give him a combi weapon.

Any time simply spamming the same unit over and over is a winning move, that unit is undercosted. Stompas are good in some list and bad in others, which makes them the right cost.

Best as in most competitive?
Just give him a combi-weapon.

>that one player who "forgets" rules so that he can benefit from it

so no plasma pistol and power axe then?

>Stompas are good in some list and bad in others, which makes them the right cost.

Not really.

If anything they're starting to show their age.

Knights need a small price hike, but not nearly as bad as wraithknights and stormsurges.

>Until the 8th edition grav nerf
>I can't wait for the tears
They'll get instant death as a complement and will be fluffed as the IOM monster hunter weapon for excellence

In casual games he will still do really well with power weapons. Would advice power mauls/power swords over axes unless you have another character to take challenges for you. If you want him to take a bolter you can give him a power claw and veteran upgrade.

>Why can't we just remove all decurions and formations?
Frankly, I'm not sure why we have force org charts at all anymore. Seems to me that ObSec is more than enough motivation to take basic-bitch troops. Anyone with a little more insight than I care to enlighten me?

ObSec is only on troops in a CAD (outside a few specific formations). Troops - by themselves - don't get ObSec.

Never the plasma pistol (drastically overcosted). Rarely a power weapon.

Combi weapon and melta bomb if you're feeling generous.

I had a Necron/Tau player try to measure supporting fire from his Immortals.

So what are the chances that the Tau can ally themselves with the Eldar, corner Humanity and force them to ally with them as well. Then with that huge army enter the warp, kill the Chaos Gods, free all the corrupted marines and Primarchs, then with the knowledge they gathered from the Warp revive the Emperor, reshape the Imperium with all the other species, and together destroy the C'tan to free the Necros to make an even bigger army, mess with the warp and webways and find a way to make the Orks reasonable, and with everyone's forces combined help establish a galactic empire and eliminate all tyranids?

They would need the Emperor to wake up to "kill" the Chaos gods.

If the big E woke up he would probably ally the Tau anyways.