Pokemon Quest #143

Dragon Prey Play Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You had a chat with Robert and you're less than enemies you think maybe. Vernon helped you with critical hit mitigation training. You've learned there's a more advanced type of mega-evolution. You just started your battle with Geno, the last Elite Four member.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Fel (Butterfree)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Aria (Meloetta)

Not In Party:
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Devon (Houndoom)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Vlad (Crobat)
Leviathan (Gyarados)

Gobble butts!

Meloetta just transformed back into her regular form. You were able to calm her nerves a little, but not fully.

The crowd cheers as you take your spot to fight Geno, the last member of the Elite Four. The announcers play things up, doing a short bio on you both.

Geno is an industry leader at Prosapia Corp, a dragon master, and a certified genius. He rose to the top of the Elite Four at a young age, and holds the regional record for most recorded one-shot moves in league matches.

You know a bit more. He used to run Team Imperium in an attempt to minimize the total amount of crime in the region. He changed his mind about the approach and has been spending time trying to dismantle and fight it instead.

They do a short bio on you as well. The orphan from a small town that rose up from nothing. A badass with a heart of gold. The background music on your bio has a slightly evil sounding guitar. They do a lot of comparisons between you and Robin, framing her as an innocent sweetheart. It’s all technically accurate stuff and of course a lot of what you've been up top, good and bad, isn't public knowledge, but they’re clearly going for a theme. Nothing slanderous or mean, just mild bad-girl stuff.

Geno’s predator eyes narrow on you. He’s sizing you up. Aria takes a fighting pose, but you can see a nervous twitch.

“And let. The games. Begin!”

Geno reaches for his first Pokeball like a quick-draw cowboy. Who will you send out first?

>Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
>Destiny (Kingdra)
>Fel (Butterfree)
>Oberon (Garchomp)
>Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
>Aria (Meloetta)
>Wait to see his Pokemon first
>Something else

>Nibbles (Tyrantrum)

>>Fel (Butterfree)

>Aria (Meloetta)
Might as well get her nerves settled ASAP.

>>Aria (Meloetta)

Wonder what pokemon he'll open with. Maybe an all-rounder?

>Aria (Meloetta)

>>Aria (Meloetta)

“Go, Ancalagon!” He throws out his Garchomp. You note it’s ability, Rough Skin.

You look down to Aria. “You’ve got this. You’re the best.”

She nods, emboldened by your confidence in her, and she takes the stage. There’s no fancy twirls are showmanship, just a careful, cautious fighting stance. It’s not as tight as when she’s in her fighting form, but that’s fine. This form favors special attacks.

The battlefield is balanced. There’s a few small gatherings of trees and bushes, three small watered areas, and two rocky sections on each side. He’s likely to get physical. You can probably dictate where to fight.
>Sing, sleep it!
>Perish Song, he’ll go down after a short while
>Hyper Voice!
>Quick Attack, give it a quick tap
>Echoed Voice, build it up now
>Psychic at a distance, good power
>Role Play, take on it’s ability
>Confusion, weak, but might confuse
>Teeter Dance, confuse it
>Dazzling Gleam, Fairy power!

Also
>Try to lure it over the water so it’s a bit slower. Aria can float over it a little
>Fight it in the brush. The cover and obstacles could help
>Fight it by the rocks. Misses can go more wrong for him there.
>Something else

>Sing, sleep it!

>Sing, sleep it!

>Sing, sleep it!
>Try to lure it over the water so it’s a bit slower. Aria can float over it a little
He's probably gonna try to rush us down if he's using Garchomp, so.

Hey guys, I won't be standing around for long, but for the love of everything, save Dan for Altaria. It's most definitely his mega, since the rest of his possible megas are threatening as hell without evolving. Besides, M-Altaria is pretty fucking scary and also one of my favourites and fairies fuck our team up really badly.

>Sing, sleep it!

Sing is not very accurate, the obstacles would help him as much as us there.

>>Sing, sleep it!

Sup gobble?

That's fine, user, we all know Fel is gonna rip his team apart anyway!

>Sing, sleep it!

Rolled 80 (1d100)

[Dice dice dice!]

Rolled 24 (1d100)

Good thing we did that crit training.

Rolled 17 (1d100)

Rolled 74 (1d100)

hit!

>Role play
If he's a brawler this might score a bit of damage in our favor

Thank you user.

you are welcome

Rolled 35 (1d100)

Thank fuck

Yeesh, this is going to be a rough one.

Wow I wish there was a quest board just for quests

You send Aria over the water. She doesn’t have the ability Levitate, but she can keep herself from being slowed on it.

Garchomp fires over it like a bullet, slashing at her with Aerial Ace. It’s a precise and deadly hit, but Aria takes it well. She skids over the water before righting herself. Her toes trail along the surface.

Geno narrows his eyes. That should have been a critical hit. It hurt, a lot, but Aria should be doubled over, not singing. With Aerial Ace, you guess he thought you’d switch forms to fighting. He looks like he's assessing this new dynamic and figuring out how to handle it.

Their speed seems relatively even over the water. Looks like whoever acts fastest depends on a little luck.

Aria’s singing gets to Garchomp as it comes to a stop at the water’s edge. He turns around, ready to kick off and go at her again, but he slows. He’s falling asleep.

But he’s struggling. You guess Geno isn't at the top for nothing. He pushes and slaps his own face, but he can’t hold it. His eyes close. Who knows how long that will last, though.

Aria fights the urge to bounce in giddiness. She was sure she was going down. Her hand holds her gut where she was hit.

>Hyper Voice! Use the water to carry the sound
>Relic Song and get to grappling
>Confusion, weak, but might confuse
>Dazzling Gleam, hit it hard to knock it out.
>Switch to another Pokemon. This is a good opportunity to buff up
>Something else

>>Teeter Dance, confuse it

>>Dazzling Gleam, hit it hard to knock it out.

Nibbles, time to Dragon Dance sweep.

Maybe start a miniature sweep?

Status ahoy!

I dunno if Aria can survive too many of his pokes with their speed and aggression, but worth a shot.

It's sleeptime for this user, so thanks for running!

[Thanks for coming]

that's a steamy combination

Rolled 34 (1d100)

[Roll those dice, homies]

Rolled 17 (1d100)

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Rolled 67 (1d100)

Rolled 28 (1d100)

At least we beat Geno's roll.

Yeah, what happened? Did the new board get deleted already, or did OP not get the memo?

Trial board, still buggy, so Gobble stays here for time being. Just filter us out.

Nah /qst/ a shit so we run here.

100% accuracy so yay?

“That Meloetta is tougher than it looks!”

“Indeed, Chip. Geno’s Pokemon are famed for their hard hitting, precise attacks. It looks like Garchomp landed a solid blow, but not one that could penetrate her defences.”

“Status Queen! Status Queen!”

Aria rocks back and forth slightly to the rhythm of the chant. You thrust out your finger and give her her next order. “Teeter Dance!”

Aria performs a twirling, spinning dance. She moves like the most graceful drunk. You try not to look too closely.

“Crunch!”

Garchomp, with eyes closed, snaps his jaws a bit at the air around him. He goes back to snoozing right after.

Geno keeps his eyes on the situation, but shows nothing on his face.

>Hyper Voice! Use the water to carry the sound
>Echoed Voice, build it up now over the water
>Relic Song and prepare to get physical
>Confusion, weak, but easy
>Dazzling Gleam, super effective power!
>Move Aria somewhere else on the field
>Something else

>>Dazzling Gleam, super effective power!

Time to start ramping up!

Time to start doing damage

>Garchomp, with eyes closed, snaps his jaws a bit at the air around him. He goes back to snoozing right after.

I know it didn't hit us but the fact that he can attack while sleeping is utterly horrifying

Yeah alrighty.

>Nah /qst/ a shit so we run here.

Whats the point? Quests dont get any replies here anymore

She does get a STAB on Echoed Voice, doesn't she? That sounds useful.

>Nah /qst/ a shit so we run here.
Been there the last two days, it's been pretty solid, sure some trash /b/ tier quest are there, but there are other good ones without trolls.

Considering how all the quests I'm currently following on this board still get plenty of voters, you are completely and factually wrong.

Just for the record, echoed voice is kind of pointless.

It takes two uses to get to hyper voice level, with our training to make her sound based moves better, just spamming hypervoice is better.

Hasn't every major Veeky Forums QM that's used /qst/ reported a large drop in player participation?

Honestly after last night id rather quest on Veeky Forums. Apparently /qst/ makes QMs go full fucking retard.

I said replies not voters

Just skimming through them all the ones on Veeky Forums are mostly 0-100 or 100-200 replies and the ones on /qst/ are usually several hundred

Replying to bait buuut /qst/ has a much higher reply limit.

Except for Soma and Planefag. After last night, planefag will probably stay there out of spite, because he's an ass like that.

Only "solid" things there started on Veeky Forums

There were two quest that started there that are pretty good.

How am I baiting? And of course it does but theyre all made over a faster frequency over a longer time

>PF is gonna do nothing now but shitpost in his threads that KCQ by name alone attracts ppl to.
Man i guess the mod that made /qst/ got his wish to kill PF quests at least.

Because Veeky Forums quests can actually get pushed off the board when they're over as opposed to lingering in the hellish limbo of /qst/ for days

Friendly reminder this isn't a Quest Discussion Thread

Rolled 5 (1d5)

[Dice dice baby]

Shhh, this is the closest thing to a civil conversation that's ever been had about /qst/

Right sorry user and sorry Gobble.

Rolled 69 (1d100)

Could we... you know. Not?

I havent compared the speed of pushing down yet, but I suppose just dont go down too many threads or pages

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Rolled 35 (1d100)

Praise Aria!

The Crit Master gets wrecked.

I hope that enough.

Holy shit, good job, user.

My Man

Its hard not to these days on Veeky Forums

>Geno gets a 5 on a d5.

Uhh no if anything he just super crit the fuck out of us.

Then go report the thread to the mods you fucking dick. Otherwise shut up.

I love you user!

I think it's because the rate of thread generation is much lower and they're all reliant on the OP to work.

That sure explains why the only people getting banned are the ones that keep saying to go to /qst/.

Probably swapping Pokemon.