Is "attractive female player character who was sexually assaulted at some point in the past" played out at this point?

Is "attractive female player character who was sexually assaulted at some point in the past" played out at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cX5CPx4RKWw
bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Totally, people should stop raping our female players. Or really just stop raping in general.

Everything is played out.

Get over it.

It's "played out" in that yes, people should stop raping people.

Until that happens, it has a place in all media

Rape is bad. I get that it happens, especially in darker settings, but sometimes it seems getting molested is a prerequisite for becoming an adventurer.

>it seems getting molested is a prerequisite for becoming an adventurer.
what about when you adventure in order to molest?

Like one of those TNG rape gangs?

"Rape" is the new "Dead Parents".
>My mother was raped
>My sister was raped
>I was raped
>Someone I knew was raped
>Any combination of the above

It's beyond played out at this point. The only time it doesn't come across as forced "rape as backstory" crap is when it does not define the character.
One player in a campaign I ran did the "I am the child of rape" thing, but he was playing a half-orc in a setting where >99% of half-orcs are rape babies so it wasn't annoying.

Rape as backstory is an overdone cliche, yes.

At first, I read that as:
>Rape is bad. I get that, but

Which is never a good way to start anything.
That's like responding to the question, "Did you molest those children?"
And your response starts with, "Well..."

>rape gangs
pretty sure that's the general reason why murder hobos team up in the first place

Seriously though stop raping people. If someone in your party is a rapist it's your responsibility to turn them in to the setting's least corrupt law enforcement agency.

Yea, it's in the same garbage tier along with "family murdered".

I'd rather not turn myself over to the Super Inquisition.

I could buy it actually. In a conservative society, a girl who's known to have been raped might become ineligible for marriage, and at that point there are very few opportunities for a "respectable" life. Becoming a rootless adventurer probably seems an appealing prospect at that point. It's that or stay at home where everyone thinks you're a whore, if you don't become one literally.

this

>>turn them in to the setting's least corrupt law enforcement agency
have to leave local area to do so
>just and lawful sheriff arrest this person for sexual assault
>ignore the crime happened out of your jurisdiction, months ago since it took a while to get here, the victim isn't here to press charges, and i have no physical evidence

Man, rape looks really easy.

It only requires you and six of your hoodie friends swarm a female cop too dumb to use her radio.

And too British to have a gun.

what is this from?

Well yeah. Women's fight-or-flight button have a piece of tape over the label with the word PANIC! In sharpie.

But the hoodies didn't do anything.

Totally is

It is also something of a 'red flag' for female players, as I have experienced.

So did this cop get retribution or what?

And too dumb to not use any of her actual training and let the guy hit her.

If that were an actual officer that shit would be different.

Even worse since "dead parents" doesn't have a ham-fisted shoe-in associated with it.

This is a bong officer we're talking about here.

A really really shitty british straigh to tv movie. That whole scene is her just waltzing in without telling anyone what she was doing or asking for back up even up to the point it was obvious she was going to need it. It was literally designed to show a brutal rape scene for shock effect.
Intimidation factor user. Don't you know you can rape a women just by making them scared of your presence no physical contact necessary? What do they teach you kids in school these days?

>This is a bong officer we're talking about here.

Have you actually seen a bong officer in action?

Those fuckers are hardcore. You think America has police brutality? You haven't seen shit.

>What do they teach you kids in school these days?

How not to be raped. I have a 27 year record.

29 years and counting.
Well, unless we're talking statutory...

Haven't seen them, but I have seen a Korean officer put a rowdy soldier in his place. Shit was hilarious.

You do know thats a british officer right? Y'know those guys that take 20 officers to apprehend one guy with a butterknife(true story by the way theres a whole video of it to that one funny british comedy chase music on youtube for the 40 minute chase) because them physically touching the guy in anyway not only opens that officer but the whole department and city to legal litigation for excessive force and abuse of power (40 and counting successful sueings of departments and cities 70 for just officers with 10 more currently in the works). The guy managed to get away after he out ran all 20 of them by making them chase him around a 40'x80' concrete park decoration till they were winded enough for him to just jog away. He even chased them back for awhile by simply walking towards them.

Never had someone play that character, even once, in twenty years of gaming.

user, those cops are embarrassments and you're only going to find that sort of legal shenanigans in the larger cities.

Take that shit to a village and not only will they suspect get destroyed but nobody would likely report it because they like their village safe.

Here i couldn't find the butter knife one but heres a slightly less impressive 30 cops vs one guy with a machete dull enough that when he did hit someone blood wasn't drawn.
That shrieking in the beginning is from 3 seperate officers, namely the tactical trashcan one, and sadly theres a break in video where apparently 5 took turns playing turkey while 25 others got out the riot shield and bigger bong sticks before the rush.
youtu.be/cX5CPx4RKWw

For the record this is also before UK cops were armed with tasers.

The larger the city, the higher the %faggot.

So all we gotta do is nuke britland a bit, say 90% scorched earth, and they might take the dicks out of their mouths?

It's worse than dead parents because at least dead parents sometimes lets you dodge the DM doing horrible things to them or them mattering so little that they may as well be dead anyways.

So would you go into hand to hand combat with someone mano e mano, or call as many buddies in, try to defuse the situation, and if it comes to blows, have buddies around for backup?
Quickly, now. I'll know if you've ever worked a security, bouncing, or police role in your life. Or ever been involved in a gang fight. Or anything above a high school age fistfight.

The answer is to call your mates and be as safe as fucking possible.

>that one funny british comedy chase music
Yackitty Sax?
Gotta be.

>being proud of being an ugly child

That shit is as old as bad romance novels from the 1910's, so it was "played out" over a hundred years ago.

Only if "sexually assaulted at some point in the past" is all the character has for backstory.

It isn't "played out" more than anything else, but it does come off as a bit of a red flag. If the player uses it as an excuse to be slutty then whatever, but if it's all "muh ptsd" then they gotta go.

I'd pull out my gun. Most security gigs here require i have one which is why i went out and got my CCW.

Guts, get off the computer

>muh ptsd
so they can't role play a character that has panic attacks when left alone with the opposite sex or why they have a strong dislike of stone circles and the druids that use them

Source?

Do you seriously not know how to use image search? Its literally 2 mouse clicks and 2 seconds later you fucking child.

I did, you derp. I couldn't find anything that wasn't moonspeak.

Did you even try IQDB before you started bitching. Its literally the first image that pops up.

I mean, you could have placed yourself in the shoes of the bobbies, but you're an autist. I know this because autists are incapable of thinking about other people's perspectives.

That said, if you couldn't have a gun, you would call your bobby buddies and defuse the situation until you could restrain the guy and take him down. If the situation doesn't defuse.

And you should probably solve that whole wild west thing you've got going, mate.

Yes.

I did.

And I had no fucking clue what the sauce was after that either.

Like, Manga Titles and shit. That's what I'm getting at

>>be slutty they can stay
>>actual real response to it they have to leave
How do you function? on a steady diet of mountain dew cereal and dudebros?

Yeah, this is where the angle kind of works.

When making a character one of the first questions should be "Why is this person out fucking off instead of working the farm or family business or a housewife." and in many historical settings "I was raped so my family hated me and no one would marry me" is, unfortunately, a pretty good reason to be a wandering troublemaker. It is also one that only really works for women.

I guess you could have a story of a bot being raped and not feeling like he could stay in his community and having trust issues, hence becoming a wanderer.

If you actually used IQDB you'd know the artist name AND the source name instantly. either you're a literal retard or you're begging this much for a hand out and neither will get you what you're asking for.

>>doesn't have a gun
what the actual fuck is this shit?

>If the player uses it as an excuse to be slutty then whatever, but if it's all "muh ptsd" then they gotta go.
muh psych 101
Careful, user. Your magical realm is showing.

Brits. Government is afraid some criminal might get hurt so the cops don't carry them. That, and it's harder to ask the police to bend over and take that muslim cock up the arse when the police can do something about it.

Yes, yes, I know... back to /pol/

Okay, well, whatever.

Damn man, what's with the salt?

Or maybe you should read the entire post first.

>boy gets raped
>woman claims the boy came on to her like some sexual deviant
>gets ostracized as a lecher
>everyone hates him and assumes he'll homewreck or impregnate their daughters and not take responsibility
>can't make a living in local village cause no one will hire a pariah
>can't make a family cause no father would hand his daughter over, no daughter wants a husband who will be unfaithful, and his family won't pay a dowry to a family he'll run out on
>has no choice but to become a wanderer as he was never taught any trade and has no future in the local area due to gossip being one of the few ways news travels between villages

only immigrants that those that sympathize with their plight are allowed guns in the UK

Just spoonfeed him already. Jesus faggots who get mad are the reason I spoonfeed people on /a/ and troll OPTs.

also
SWWEEET by Kei AOYAMA

so what about a tazer? that would work just as well in that situation.

I greatly dislike people who ask for handouts before using all available resources. I hate people who have used all available resources which should have given them literally all they need and still somehow can't function and ask for handouts.
Its recently become a large portion of my day to day as we've hired some 20 year olds who need you to hold their hand just to shit and piss even though they have several manuals that will walk them through their crap then come in the same day with the same fucking questions.
Anything that resembles that shit off hours causes me immediate and blinding rage simply because i'm now off the clock and not being paid for it.

Isn't that what he knocks out of her hand at the 7 second mark?

>1 in 4
>1 in 9

What kind of shitty fucking studies are those jesus christ

No, that's a telescoping baton.

I know, right?

It's actually way higher when you account for eye-rape and thought-rape.

What kind of situation are you going into that you need both an assault rifle and pepper spray/taser? The sidearm is believable in either case.

That's at 4 seconds.
Or is she drawing another? I've never seen a white telescopic baton.

>What kind of situation are you going into that you need both an assault rifle and pepper
Turkish Ghettos

Not really. Tazers work around 70% of the time. The other 30 is a crapshoot between doing literally nothing but slight pain to maybe stiffening them a bit but still mobile.
During the tazer course a group of 30 actually get tazed to see what its like and during mine me and about 10 others could still move for the most part i just had a dead leg and some beefy bastard just ripped the electrodes out on his own.
Thats not including that shit like angel dust berserkers won't even notice it.
Its unique to each person and a "maybe" is a lot to bet your life on when a gunshot wound almost always does the job.

>assault rifle
Riiiiight....

It's magazine fed, that makes it an assault rifle

it's really not that high of a statistic. not every rape is someone pulls your pants down on the street and just ruts you like a dog. Most rape goes unreported. Mostly for good reasons, not to be callous to the victims but sometimes staying quiet really is the only way to keep something from exploding into pure unadulterated bullshit and there are a lot of people who legitimately could care less or wouldn't believe them no matter how sympathetic the victim seems.

Hell I wouldn't put it past most support groups for victims, family members or friends or whatever, are the ones that normally push for them to get justice. It probably doesn't help that most rapes are from people with outstanding relationships and people have invested in them and want them to continue despite the rape, or in other cases rape is build up to be so awful that when it inevitably sucks but causes sexual pleasure, it messes with the victims sense of personal sanctity and makes them feel unsure if theyre just a slut who secretly liked it despite all other evidence to the contrary. It's taboo to talk about that parts that caused physical pleasure after all.

so, the Glock is an assault rifle as well then

No, you idiot. It's an assault rifle because it's black.

How much of a faggot do you have to be not to give someone the source. The top results from IS are just forums.

You're a retard or do britbongs consider pistols assault rifles as well? Technically speaking assault rifles aren't actually a thing its just a made up word to put a wide spread label on automatic rifles.
Also that particular gun is firing 9mm's which are pistol caliber making that a submachine gun.

Go home.

Do you see that fucking second option? The one thats a fucking mouse twitch away? Click it. Fucking click it. Go ahead. tell me what you see.

Large scale aggressive riots.

Pepper spray for when things get roudy.

MP5 (an smg mind you not an assault rifle)for 1992 LA levels if you have no roof Koreans nearby.

Is it surprising that it's hard to find accurate reporting on a sensitive subject like this?

Who the fuck doesn't have roof koreans in this day and age. Thats just pure irresponsibility.

Assault rifle is a real word for any select fire weapon chambered in an intermediate cartridge.

Assault WEAPON is the non-descript buzzword.

But yes that is an smg.

How can I or my family get roof Koreans?

Bongs.

The only "asians" they have are pakis.

How about you read the post, you knee jerk faggot.

Purchase business properties and advertise for inexpensive rent in areas in need of spicy ass food, tailors, or weapon vendors and they will literally come to you.

It's like ants and honey.

The issue is both studies in question use arbitrary definitions of rape. The 1/4 used unwanted physical contact-full stop.
The 1/9 used claims of first times during their school days they were uncomfortable with and thus claimed they were rape. Some interviewed even protested against the wide labeling in both cases specifically the uncomfortable first timers as most realize thats an uncomfortable scenario so young, nervous, and inexperienced.

boner plz...

Slap a stock on it and, while it won't be an assault rifle, it will be an ATF toy.

thats not the point. they rejected guns as a whole, the entire force. so you're looking at 70% chance to have an effective weapon. Even if its not a blow that should be enough of a boon to help you out of situations where you'd be boned. a hand gun wouldn't save you from a mob either.

Indeed. 1/4 or 1/9 is bullshit. The American NCVS (National Crime Victimisation Survey) states that the rate of rape of women aged 18-24 is about 7.6 per thousand. Personally, I think even that's a bit of an overestimate.

Source: bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5176

Well, then, get another job and stop raging like a complete spaz.

20 year olds suck. That's life.