strawpoll.me/10054741
strawpoll.me/10083788
strawpoll.me/10084227
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pokeymans OC from last thread

Magic fridge for free food forever.
Adventurer
Froslass, Chandelure, Flygon
They're all pokemon I like, probably won't make a very balanced team though.
Ally: Lass
Having an emergency heal source sounds useful
Rival: Red
Will force me to git gud. What's the point of a rival if they don't challenge you?

Praise the Slime!
1/4

2/4

3/4

The Grocer Loves You. I can finally buy actual food ingredients rather than cheap crap!

Lovely Dreams. Just gotta hope I can remember them afterwards.

4/4

Home Teleport and Lovely Dreams

These things are more embarrassing than quests.

Don't like it? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

The new Worm cyoa, courtesy of reddit, apparently.

Love you too, darling.

I'm already autistic so why not some autstic fun?

Adventurer

Dragonite
Froslass
Mawile

Ally: Ibuki
Rival: Serena
>what are you some kind of monster
Yes

It always irks me when people don't at least somewhat define boundaries in cyoa.

>You can conjure up any object out of thin air

Great, I conjure "The Crusty Sock of Winning Everything, Forever", then.

It's like they're making you do the balancing for them.

Locale: Master's Legacy
Looks like a cool place, all superscience-y and underground.

Helpers: Jenna, Cynna, Tristy
It's time for SLIME SCIENCE! Surely patenting, manufacturing, and selling Cynna's sleep prevention medication would easily repay the remaining debts on the Master's Legacy, plus the potential for additional research shenanigans!
Also, becoming a slime at some point.

Artifacts: Solid Skull, Golem Servants
For when I feel like being a human, and for work around the place.

Well, it's not like any Worm CYOA has ever been anything remotely close to balanced. Why start now?

Eh, I still feel the fourth iteration was strongest, even with the authors desire to keep rogues out. Regardless.

Image Version: mediafire.com/folder/43r0qdm4sm895/The_End_Approaches

> strawpoll.me/10054741
> strawpoll.me/10083788
> strawpoll.me/10084227

The next set will be upon us soon folks.

>Wanting to be a hero means wanting someone to be in danger
Why are they trying to bring Nasuverse Logic into Worm?

>path to victory
Holy shit, so OP it's not even funny. Who even needs real powers? Take that and become member of cauldron, flawless victory. That being said I don't really know what worm is, aside from apparently some sort of book due to "The Book". Still made a build though. Is it worth reading?

Starting: 5
Abaddon shard:3

Identity:4
Kidnapping:6
Kill Order:11
Endbringer Target:14
Bad Reputation:16
Wanted (Hero, Villain, Vigilante, Rogue)24
We Know:27
Godslayer:22
Path to Victory:2
Carefree:0
Birdcaged:4 (I assume this is some superhero prison)
Blind Spot:0
The Book, since knowing what the hell I'm doing is probably a good idea.

Yeah, it is pretty dumb, when Earth Bet is already a place that needs saving. It's not like we're going "oh, if only there were people in danger for us to rescue". They're already there, you're spoiled for choice when it comes to saving people. Three quarters of the world's parahumans are villains! Africa is ruled by bloodthirsty warlords even worse than the bloodthirsty warlords in our world! China is kidnapping and brainwashing their own superhuman army! Every three months a giant monster appears, destroys a city, and kills most of the defenders! In a couple of years an alien god-beast is going to kill every human in every timeline! People are going to need rescuing no matter what background you choose.

Shard administration, friendo. It beast the crap out of PTV, because you can give yourself that and more.

And yeah, the birdcage is a prison. Not a fun one, either, but PTV will get you out nice and quick. Or black hole powers, or whatever. All of which are available with shard administration.

Also, I'm guessing that Wanted is intended to refer to more specific factions like Azn Bad Boys or Empire Eighty-Eight.

Finally, yes. Worm is indeed worth reading.
www.parahumans.wordpress.com

Very true, but at least they were unbalanced in a very specific way. It was easy to understand what the intended limitations were to your powers.
This is just...lazy.

Worse than lazy, really.
>permanently create any item you can think of out of nothing
>any item you can think of
>can think of

It's like he's saying 'Yes, I'm certain there's no way the imagination of a non-developmentally challenged individual could render every other option in this cyoa useless.'

God, it's hard being autistic.

Ah, shit. Didn't see that one. It's even worse than shard admin, given the lower point cost.

Total-0/28

Path-Villain

Powers- Power Sight
Shard Administration

Followers- Taylor, because I can't afford the person I actually want, so why the fuck not.

Shard-Abaddon

Flaws-Identity Revealed
Kidnapping
Endbringer Target
Wantedx3(88, ABB, Merchants)
S9 Recruit
Birdcaged
We Know

Perks-Godslayer

Gifts-The Candle

>Not choosing Royal Demesne
>Not pulling Scion into your pocket dimension
>Not mindbreaking him into your obedient little slave over the course of eons(from his perspective)
>Not dressing him up in a maid uniform
>Not having people over and lazily spanking his golden, muscular buttocks as he delivers the drinks
>Not doing the same with all the Endbringers

It's like you don't know how to live, user.

>Edit the shards the Endbringers use
>Edit the shards Zion kept to himself
>Edit Coil's Shard
>Edit Lung's Shard
>Edit Everyone's Shards
>Post about it online like I'm balancing an MMO.

Cauldron actually already has someone with Path To Victory. Though hers is a lot worse, it's been limited so that it can't affect the biggest threats in the setting. Which is actually a good thing, they know how useful PtV could be without those limitations, you're exactly what they want most in the universe. So you coming along with your unlimited PtV would get them moving heaven and earth to help you, even before you used it to manipulate them.

I've actually read a fanfic with that premise. It was pretty funny.

What if my task is to obtain more powers, is that a thing? Also you're right, might as well take that if it's not got a cap but that's essentially the omnipotence option unless it's somehow limited, which made me think it probably was somehow. I don't know, the wording makes it seem the same really.

Scion's seems to be the big bad? What if my task is to make him and his friends into my bitches?

seriously?
My idea was stolen by a fanfic?
Before I even had the idea?
God damn it.

Yea, sure. Sure that waifu cyoa over there is kind of stupid. And that paint one? Naieve joy at best. But more? Delve deeper?
What of the works of Bliss and Beri? The stories wrought by overlord? The Joys brought by Spess Refuge? The conflicts broiled by Stardust? And what for looming above these works of beauty? This titan called Aliceanon, who wrought with his form an autism greater then any seen before, consolidating waifuism into science, and there sits Highlander, toiling into the night. Aye, perhaps at a backward glance, one might say such, but such the same might be said of any form, and only a fool would disregard a medium.

I'll do you one better.
True or false is essentially a more cumbersome Path to Victory for 2 points.

Copycat can get you ANY power for 2 points. Just leverage your meta knowledge with Cauldron to get Glaistig Uaine's brain in a life support jar. Bam, baddest mofo alive.

>What if my task is to obtain more powers, is that a thing?
That might work. There's no way with human tools (or any Entity tools given out through Tinker shards) to manipulate shards like that. But with an unlimited Path to Victory, maybe it would be possible for you to develop the tools you'd need.

>Scion's seems to be the big bad? What if my task is to make him and his friends into my bitches?
Oh, that you can definitely do. Someone with Path to Victory managed to kill Scion's wife (equally as powerful as him) with just a knife by precognitiviely guiding herself to exactly the right point in space and time where Eden would be vulnerable to conventional attacks.

Also
>Upgrade Taylor's power so she's a Bug Tinker
>She knows how to Tinker Bullshit her bugs so they breed very specific new types of bugs
>Like flying Scorpions that can launch their stingers or some shit.

Don't think you'd be able to get more powers without either shard admin or a moderately liberal interpretation of summoning. Regarding scion, yeah, you could totally do that.

While certainly broken, I don't think that really compares with the that crusty sock of win everything forever that another user brought up as a possibility with summoning. Particularly given that copycat is limited to canon powers.

Not quite. Path to Victory also guides you through your actions, remember? True of False would give you all the same information on the proper steps to take that you could get with PtV, but it wouldn't give you the "I complete all these steps perfectly" trait that makes Contessa a walking plot device.

The crusty sock thing is just a twatish way of breaking things. It's obviously not the way the author intended the option to work.

What irks me is that more reasonable alternatives are left open as well.
Can I conjure tinker tech?
Do I have to understand the inner workings of something or can I just snap my fingers and shout Shazam?
Can I create life?
Can I just conjure up a black hole?
and so on and so forth.

I like Mountain, X-Ray Vision, Summoning, and Omnicombustion. It's not as pithy, but it's pretty hilarious.

Fair on all counts. Is it possible that the "change how powers work" clause on shard admin was meant to be somewhat limited as well? Maybe requiring at least some similarity to the original?

Figure out a plan for whatever it is you're trying to do via obvious means.

Can this plan work with me executing it? y/n
Will there be occurrences requiring the plan to change? y/n
Will this plan work if I begin putting it into effect as soon as the clock strikes 12? y/n
etc.

You can account for your capabilities with your questions and navigate things toward victory.

Again, just a more cumbersome PtV for 2 points.

Probably only works based around the purpose of the actual shard. You could change how Administrator manifests, but you couldn't make it into Sting.

Don't need X-ray vision.
Omnicombustion just sets them on fire, it doesn't say they burn forever or even that they are consumed in the process.
He can still just fly away, robbing you of your entertainment.

What you wanna do first, is take Schrodinger and Mountain. You can thus not move while moving - instant Siberian.

Yes, obviously it wasn't meant as an automatic I win everything forever button. Nothing ever is.

I get it, I just think it's too cumbersome for some of the feats that Path to Victory can do. You can account for your capabilities, Path to Victory can transcend them. It's also a lot faster to adjust to changes. In a competition between you and someone with PtV, you'll lose every time.

>Nothing ever is

You say this when the original worm CYOA exists, and contains kaleidoscope. Unless that power was some sort of truly horrific miscalculation.

Don't forget to take Transcendental Meditation as well, and just sleep/sleep/wreck face.

X-Ray vision is to burn them from the inside out. Summoning is to keep them from escaping. Just teleport them back every time they move from in front of you, until they're charcoal.

Well, yes, obviously. PtV is slightly superior. However, consider the fact that if you take the Abaddon shard option, you are probably a blind spot for Contessa, where she probably isn't for you.

All I'm saying is, the option is ridiculously overpowered for how little it costs.
And frankly, I steer clear of PtV in every Worm cyoa I do. It just makes things boring if you literally KNOW for a fact you can do anything.

Touche.

Adventurer

Gengar
Crobat
Chandelure

Ally Grunt
Rival Blue

Do you mean the whole Holding Back thing? Yea, good combo.

How the fuck is it a striker power, though?

X-ray vision isn't literal. You can just see through objects.

Also, you got a few millennium to kill?
How long would it take to burn through a couple of planets worth of bio-mass?
Physics anons, help us out.

No, I mean having two instances of you sleep and the dream-yous scouting or just having fun while real-you goes all Siberian.

I think the fourth one(?) was pretty balanced but also completely broken by design.

T-total newfag question, but what's the ideal font-size?

if you were using ps it does have an autosave/backup feature so all your work may not be lost, however you should emulate jesus and save often.

Comic Sans size 42

Vigilante
Perptuance
Natural Trigger

Godslayer
Secret Lair
Voice In My Head

Identity Revealed
Kidnapping
Kill Order
Endbringer Target
Bad Reputation
S9 Recruit
Trouble Magnet
Birdcaged
Psychic Nosebleed

The Book

Could someone tell me about my power? I don't entirely understand it.

Should I read Worm? I like these CYOAs a lot.

I kek'd way too hard at this...

worm sucks

Well, Worm is kinda bonkers, and there are parts that don't really make as much sense, but it's a really interesting setting. The characters are interesting and (in my opinion) well-written, though whether they're likeable varies heavily based on the reader. The biggest draw, however, is the widely varied, interesting, and creative superpowers, and the well-written fight scenes involving them. If any of what I said sounds interesting to you, and you don't mind a bit of a bleak, darker superhero (supervillain?) story, I'd recommend it.

I would at least give it a try, read the first few chapters and see if it grabs you.

I liked it
But I wouldn't say it's "Good"

Honestly? Barring the first 3 chapters which to be fair, were setups, the start of Worm's pretty damn good, especially since the author was apparently still in school when he started writing. But it goes downhill for the latter half. I'd say it jumped the shark with the Leviathan arc. That's not to say it was a sudden vertical drop in quality. But it goes in general decline from there onwards.

Is Worm worth reading? Totally. Should you stop once you reach Leviathan? In theory, maybe. But in practice, you'll probably enjoy the beginning enough to keep reading on, and it's not like there aren't good parts after Leviathan.

I'm gonna try to make a CYOA about getting a harem.
Not entirely sure how it can make sense, but my dick wants it.

Have us go on quests to obtain harem members

I would say, read the first few chapters after chapter 3. Since the first 3 chapters are pretty mundane and a little bit dull. They're necessary to set the tone/story though.

>harem CYOA

Each potential member has prereqs, wether equipment needed for a quest, a certain trait to make a match, social status to satisfy classist society, whatever. Spend points to optimize harem to player-chosen criteria.

Alternatively, pick x broads, fuck like rabbits. Whatever appeals to your interests and skills.

I don't believe that power appeared in Worm. Sounds like it's just an extreme form of gravity manipulation, but you can only control the gravity exerted by your own mass.

A god gave you super powers and a subconscious desire for conflict. It wants you to evolve the power before it eats every multi-dimensional version of Earth because the god itself has hit an evolutionary plateau.

Somehow you can communicate with the godly fragment placed in you (I actually can't think of this happening in Worm).

Your power was supposed to be deliberately limited to make sure you could never harm the god, but I guess something broke.

The birdcage is a prison for the worst supervillains. You can't escape and your cell mates are super powered murderers.

An Endbringer shows up every few months to destroy a city. Basically Kaiju, but not as large and way more powerfuland intelligent.

You're considered dangerous enough to be kill-on-sight by the official government superhero organization.

The slaughterhouse nine are a villain organization maybe one step below an endbringer in danger level. They wander around from city to city murdering and destroying, and no one is strong enough to stop them. They do have high turnover, however, and they recruit frequently. Their recruits are generally unwilling people who are mentally broken and manipulated into becoming fodder for the core members.

the Echidna arc was too much after what should have been a climax, and I would suggest there was a vertical drop when skitter joined the prt. But I liked the rise of the undersiders, which largely occurred during the period you think the work was in decline.

>Leviathan
Nigger what? The Warlord Arc was the best arc of the whole damn thing.

>but not as large
True Dat
I don't know why some people think they are huge. Behemoth is "only" 30 feet tall, and Leviathan was like half his size.
And Ziz was smaller than Leviathan

>Identity Revealed
>Kidnapping
>Kill Order
>Endbringer Target
>Bad Reputation
>S9 Recruit
>Trouble Magnet
>Birdcaged
>Psychic Nosebleed

The whole black hole thing is pretty powerful sounding, but you've basically signed up to fight everybody in the wormverse. I think by the time the S9 gets to you, you'll probably be dead.

Leviathan is the one that's thirty feet, and Simurgh is half his size at fifteen. Behemoth is forty-five feet tall.

But yeah, all still pretty small as far as Kaiju go. But way, WAY stronger. And smarter.

Really? I would swear Behemoth was 30ft.

But still, that's the biggest one at about 5-stories tall.

Most Kaiju are 10+

So I'm not getting this done in full but here's what we have, Romance options and pictures will be filled in tomorrow. G'night kids.

Here's a direct quote from Drone 23.5:
>Behemoth, nearly fifty feet tall, was still standing in the midst of a collapsed building.

The Grocer Loves You and Lovey Dreams.

Great combination for extra comfort in sleeping and the bank balance!

>Faction
Secret Police
>Pokemon
Beedrill
Dragonite
Mawile
>Allies
Rocket Grunt
Serena

>Adventurer

>Gengar
One of my two favorite Mons of all time
>Salamance
Sounds cool
>Beedrill
Always fun, and I needed a good Physical attacker anyway

>Ally
Eureka

>Rival
Lass (Female)

Master's Legacy (becasue having a massive pile of debt I'll need years upon years to pay of changes absolutely nothing for me. Just another zero or two)

Helpers:
Tristy, Phendra, Caralynn, Frei

Items
Solid Skull, T powder

And Most of that is the selfish immortality combo. I'd be stuck as a goo-blob for a bit after taking Tristy's potion (How long do slimelings take to mature anyways?) But with phendra's abilities, the solid skull and the t. powder, I'd be able to undo pretty much all of the drawbacks of becoming a slime. So with literally all the time in the world to pay off those debts taking master's legacy as a location is no problem.

Actually, better yet.. Just use tristy's research and get some billionare who's willing to drop 100 million or so on becoming an immortal slime. Debt solved. Instantly.

And Caralynn just seems like one of the most helpful helpers for actually doing the damn job. So it's not an entirely selfish build. Or alternately I could possibly swap her for bruce since he seems helpful for heavy tasks and I get to add super-strength to my selfish traits list.

Time to bring forth one of the classics and one that has not been discussed enough.

It might be discussed more if it were actually readable.

Thank you, user.
There's even more art of pokemon by the dude than I had thought - I thought I only had enough for a single extra row.

>tfw I had an idea I was proud of
>tfw I wrote too much for the intro
>tfw im dead inside, stuck and can't continue
>tfw someone will probably steal my idea and do a better job

>tfw I have my own pokemon CYOA that won't be finished for years
>tfw it puts a unique spin on things and I'm always slightly worried that someone will beat me to the punch

Isn't that the concept of that CYOA that burned the thread?

Are you the captured Pokemon in the CYOA?

>If you have access to the armory, I don't see why there wouldn't be missiles somewhere in there. Doubt they'd be as powerful as the laser, but they can still do damage.

It's not about the damage.

Don't give up, user! Take a break for a week or so, maybe read or play some similar things, and come back to it with a fresh mind.

>years
Nigga what. How can you spend yearS on making a few pretty pictures?

How is it unreadable? I ask out of simple curiosity, as I have no problem with it.

>Pokemon Hunter
This sounds unique, don't give up. This board needs more unique cyoas like yours.

It's meant to be kinda like Monster Hunter, but with Pokémon. Weapons forged out of pokémon, maybe put some classes and types. I dunno yet.

I'll see if at least I can finish the very basics today for input.

I was wondering,can rose and violet hypothetically change status like dead/alive?

Probably not. He already said they couldn't do gender flip, so I don't see them doing any more useful/powerful flips like that either.

Mind you, decline doesn't mean rock bottom. It had spikes such as the whole Rise of the Undersiders vs Coil thing. It simply began the decline for me. I think S9 came right after Leviathan right?

They aren't so much stronger/smarter as everyone suddenly started wearing red shirts.

Nope.

Figure of speech. I mean it will take a long time because I can't be bothered working on it anymore.

Fixed a bunch of spelling and grammar errors, and some layout issues. Thanks for everyone who pointed everything out.
Gonna be the last time I post this for awhile. Might get around to doin' that symbiote one now.
Kept the file name the same since I didn't actually make any big changes.