Can your character beat the stardust crusaders?

Can your character beat the stardust crusaders?

Hard mode: your character cant see stands

God, I love how Joseph could have solved the entire plot himself if he actually bothered to train himself and not be a dramatic as hell asshole.

>Jojoshit
I thought we had gotten rid of you faggots

i don't know honestly never seen the show. but considering it looks like a shonen anime (albeit a very stylized one) i can only assume that at least one of the characters pictured is retardedly overpowered because anime writers have no sense of restraint.

The leftmost character has the power to stop time for a handful of seconds, and it's treated in-universe as being as broken and overpowered as it sounds. A previously-untouchable villain (with a stronger version of the same power) basically shit himself when it was revealed.

It's essentially the father to modern Shonen anime.

And honestly, the best part about Jojo is how absolutely insane the powers can get. Not always in pure power, but in what they do.

All the "Everyone has crazy powers" took their cues from Jojo.

Nah that doesn't really happen until Part 5, maybe Part 4. Also read the manga, don't bother with the anime, the pacing is better.

>not be a dramatic as hell asshole
But that's what makes him so good.

The anime is the manga in animated form.

That's what I mean. I just enjoy that his personality across both of the arcs he featured so heavily in comes down to "Has the potential to solve all this if he actually bothered to learn how to do shit properly."

Like, it's a great character trait to contrast him with.

With worse pacing and QUALITY in some crucial parts of 3 (All of manga part 1 is QUALITY).

Considering that Jotaro didn't know he could do that, he was surprised too.

How could he do that in SC? Am I missing something for not having read the mango?

how long is the manga i read a bunch of berserk recently on a recommendation and i really dont want to start another massive door stop.

I love how they took the single best JOJO protagonist and turned him into a one note "I hate Japan" joke and a bumbling fool, but without anything that made his "foolishness" pay off.... oh wait, no I hated that.

The contrast of super powers and more mundane elements has always been the most interesting part of Jojo's fights. Like, these guys all have super powers that are crazy, but they're still just as willing to use plain old mundane tactics and shit to get the job done when needed.

So, Dio's still weak as hell to the Ripple, even in Stardust. And Joseph's stand, Hermit Purple, lets him transfer the Ripple through it, eliminating the biggest weakness that the Ripple has(having to get that close to a vampire).

If Joseph had bothered to maintain his Ripple training(Which you know he didn't, because Ripple masters age at a much slower rate) and bothered to actually learn to properly use his stand, he'd have an incredible combo that Dio would have been hard pressed to beat. Hell, even as he was, he held Dio off for quite a while simply by covering himself in his stand and channeling the Ripple through it, preventing Dio from touching him.

I mean, his "I hate Japan" thing wasn't that big of a deal, and seemed more like he was pissed his daughter moved there than anything else.

And Joseph still showed off that he was smart as hell throughout the arc, just never took a situation serious enough at the right time to do anything proactive about it. Exactly the same as he was in Part 2, in fact.

Of course, he's the only Jojo that doesn't get horribly murdered, so maybe he was on to something.

Verg long with decades worth of content. However, each part after Part 2 can be read and enjoyed separately. They're loosely related but are mostly stand alone stories and settings.

>So, Dio's still weak as hell to the Ripple, even in Stardust...
Yea, but you saw how easy it was to circumvent that with timestop shenanigans.

>Of course, he's the only Jojo that doesn't get horribly murdered, so maybe he was on to something.
Well he did, but he also just happened to come back.

Sure, but again, Joseph's also totally in no shape to fight Dio, either Stand wise or Ripple wise, and he still gives him the hardest time of anyone but Jotaro.

It's quite possible he could have beaten Dio if he was actually prepared. Hell, if he'd have actually mastered his stand instead of deciding "Oh yea, clearly I must smash this expensive camera every time I do it." he'd have likely been able to figure out where Dio was and what his powers were.

And before we get going, don't get my wrong, I fucking love Joseph, he's my favorite Jojo, specifically because of this shit. He's the only Jojo to actively outsmart his opponents, again and again, which makes up for his laziness and general unwillingness to actually take shit seriously.

We still got several more parts to go through.

also
>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

>that feel when Kakyoin dies a virgin, having never fucked Jotaro's mom
>his family will never know what happened to him

Feels bad man. Kakyoin was saddest jojo

no, he couldn't.

but then again, why would he need to?

>And before we get going, don't get my wrong, I fucking love Joseph, he's my favorite Jojo
Tfw animufag and am worried that none of the new parts are going to end as fantastically as part 2

Riding the wake of a volcanic eruption to launch a super vampire into space with the help of a german cyborg its going to be hard to top.

Part 2 was great, I enjoy Part 3, but Part 4 is where the Stand idea really gets going in the crazy fights part.

>laughinggiorno.pasta

>Tfw animufag and am worried that none of the new parts are going to end as fantastically as part 2
No part will ever be as good as part 2 was in any way. It was the pinacle of JOJO. That's not to say the others are bad, they just can't ever live up to PT2

I don't know. Part 7 is pretty dank and Part 4 was trying to be something else.

I'll give you that part 4 was its own thing, and did well at that. IMHO

P1 was quality, genuinely, though still finding its footing

P2 found its footing and did the quality thing WELL

P3 started to try and continue with the quality, but when it discovered how much of a saturday-morning-cartoon cash-cow the "stand-of-the-week" format was, they gave up on that.

P4 found its footing within the realm of saturday morning cartoon style manga

P5 The inevitable "but what if he was even MORE powerful" powercreep BS that happens to every anime saturday morning cartoon

P6: Still doing the saturay morning cartoon "stand of the week" thing, but with some hits of the quality from p1 and 2... hints.

P7 A full world reset allowed them to ask the question "what if we wanted P1 and 2's quality, but still wanted stands, because our ghost-digimon are just too damn profitable, how would we make a world that allowed both to exist and feel endemic to the setting?" And the answer was almost Battle Tendency good... almost.

P8 Honesty, not caught up.

>DIO confrontation
>DIO about to win
>Joseph says "Your next line will be..."
>DIO says what Joseph expects him to say
>NANI?!?!?!?! B-BAKANAAAAAA
>Some asspull happens
>Joseph wins

Araki basically confirmed that Joseph, in his prime, would have easily mopped the floor with Dio.

>DIO confrontation
>Joseph traps DIO in the open in a web of Hermit Purple like Kakyoin did
>DIO can't break it like he did with Hierophant Green because Hamon
>Joseph stays back as far as possible to anticipate any ranged attacks, intends to just wait him out until sunrise
>DIO remembers he can shoot vampire eye beams, escapes
>Joseph remembers he can shoot Hamon spaghetti missiles, fights back
>???
>Stardust Crusaders becomes Touhou 6 but more silly

>Hamon spaghetti missiles
What?

Oh wait, I now remember when he did that.

This is so weird to read given my own opinion (and most others I speak to) is that pt2 was one of the worst arcs in comparison to later on. Not bad, just not as good. But opinions.

In terms of writing it feels like things make more "sense", as loosely as that can be said, later on. With the villains no longer being about "booga booga, I wanna conquer the world" and having some actual semblance of a plan and genuine reason to their evil actions.
Just finished 6 which had me in tears that no other part could do, and super excited to finally get to part 7.

Part 5 was pretty bad and "stand of the week" was painfully obvious. Although if it gets animated it'll give it SOME justice cause it does hold some pretty cool/trippy scenes that just don't come across right in still images.

My 3.P commoner would probably just beg for mercy.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!!!!

I wish so hard this had been the ending to part 3

>This is so weird to read given my own opinion (and most others I speak to) is that pt2 was one of the worst arcs in comparison to later on. Not bad, just not as good.
I'm guessing we're looking for different things. The first two parts were much more about kung-fu wuxia tropes applied creatively through a western settings and western heroic archetypes (Jonathan being the pure hearted european paladin and Joseph being the clever but playful American trickster.) The fights served to progress the story, outline the tropes, or exemplify the archetypes.

Parts 3-6 were much more about the fights themselves. The writing was less about doing creative things with the story AROUND the fights, and more about doing creative things with the mechanics of the fights.

We are probably looking for different things in our Anime/Manga.

There's nothing wrong with anime,

It's just Jojo that's shit.