Hotline: Miami/Drive Game

I want to run a game like Hotline Miami or Drive that I can run episodically, and I'm trying to come up with a suitable system. Feng Shui and NWod come to mind, and I don't want something as loose as Fiasco. Any suggestions /tg?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/hunter-the-vigil/344770-repost-revild-s-hotel-mascaron
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For as many mooks that get mowed down by a single person, I recommend Exalted.

3:16 Carnage Amongst The Stars

It'd take some adaptation, but I could see Unknown Armies working, capturing the weird and eerie tone of those games/movies, alongside the extreme danger and violence.

Car lesbians is the only answer.

Be ready for Reservoir Dogs because Hotline Miami is all acrobatics and no game.

It's meant to be on off game that I can run while I'm taking a week off from Exalted Third when I need to blow off some steam and not do involved world altering shenanigans. Reservoir Dogs is fine and my group works well with a theme.

In the same vein, Don't Rest Your Head could also work, toning down the Madness Talents slightly, and/or interpreting them as literal madness, not what's happening but what your twisted mind is seeing as you lose yourself in the bloodshed, violence and chaos around you.

This desu

Not enough crunch, as hilarious as it would be

From the review I've read this seems pretty viable. Anybody have any play experience with it?

DUDE GURPS LMAO

>I want to run a game like Hotline Miami or Drive that I can run episodically, and I'm trying to come up with a suitable system.

This is pretty hot, I like the style for sure. My hack it together with the progression and flashbacks of 3:16.

Actually came here to post this.

DRYH is hilariously customizeable, and we actually use it instead of Vampire at this point with Madness as Disciplines, as well as a slightly-more retooled version for superhero games though with a Camp / Grit response system that we're playing around with. Think of it as whether your character goes Michael Keaton or Christian Bale.

Only use NWoD if you're running Dudes of Legend.

I think the Savage World Rocket Tag style of combat lends itself well to Hotline Miami.

There's a nWod homebrew hunter conspiracy inspired by HM, although it's magic'd up a little bit.

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/hunter-the-vigil/344770-repost-revild-s-hotel-mascaron

Legends of the wulin, because I'm a fag with shit taste in systems

I played it once. It went something like this.

>GM: "Okay guys. Your squad has been deployed from orbit via drop pods on this alien planet. You climb out of the pods after they've landed and see a verdant, beautiful landscape before you. A serene, blue river runs through a narrow valley and you can see some sort of humanoid creatures, swimming and playing. They have an unearthly beauty about them and an aura of gentleness as they notice you and start beckoning, their naked forms alluring and perfect."
>Squad Leader: "Good God how disgusting! OPEN FIRE!"
>Cue everybody in the squad unleashing hell with plasma rifles, heavy railguns, flamethrowers and grenades.

Bumpitibamp

>I want to run a game like Hotline Miami or Drive
Well, do you want it to be like Hotline Miami, or like Drive? They're very different. You would want something like Savage Worlds to run a Hotline Miami game, lots of fast, brutal, comically violent combat. Drive would work better in something story based and psychological. Nemesis or FATE would probably be good choices, or World of Darkness.

Unless you just been the aesthetic, in which case, anything would work.

cyberpunk 2020.

Here would be a conversion I made some time ago. It's incomplete, probably not really playable as it is but you if you play Cyberpunk 2020, you should be able to do something with it.

Sorry, that was the old document for Cyberpunk/Hotline Miami mix. Here's the one for pure Hotline Miami.

Note: I didn't do anything with masks, yet.

I understand why Hotline Miami is compared to Drive, but frankly, I thought that HM is much more closer to Taxi Driver than Drive...

I'd agree, but the devs are on record as saying they were influenced by Drive.

Violence!