MTG Modern General

Not even going to write anything here cause people are just gonna argue about the jund/infect match up
(Spoilers: Jund bests infect)

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/breakdown/modern
mtggoldfish.com/articles/28k-games-of-modern-analyzed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for learn how to cast vines in RESPONSE to the removal spell to 2 for 1 jund erry day

Sudden twist infect actually win an OP is still a faggot

Jund isn't gonna cast a removal spell on your combat phase unless they're in a bad spot or if they think they can overload your pump/protection spells with their removal, so have fun casting it postcombat.

Can we not?
We stopped having anything even vaguely resembling actual discussion like 100 posts up when two trolls started trying to bait each other for a fucking hour.

>can't even afford misty
Confirmed shit retard baby's first infect player.

why hello there :)

OP Said we have to so yea we do

buffs only remove between turns you retard

Ok so I don't waste money on cards so what?

Still doesn't matter. You do know jund only plays 2 abrupt decays or something like that right? Inkmoth really isn't a problem for them any more than any other creature. Also, cast a removal spell post-combat.

>abrupt Decay
> on a land

If Infect is better than Jund, then why is Jund the most played deck in the meta while Infect is like 7th?

>post combat
but then you'd already be dead, kiddo
hehe, nothin personnel

That's irrelevant. Terminate post combat. Go ahead and cast your vines.

He's pointing out that they only run 2 decays you retard. Meaning that most of there removal is still relevant to nexus.

I think you miss spelled Junk which does beat infect

My point is that jund only plays 2 abrupt decays instead of more copies like they used to, and play 3-4 terminates and 4 bolts. Inkmoth isn't that hard to remove.

not with how he phrased it.

mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
Here you go

Ayy lmao
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/breakdown/modern

So you have an Inkmoth + 8 power worth of pump in two spells + Vines + 3 lands?

>Some neckbeard keeps losing to infect
>gets too salty to even start playing infect himself
>decides to shit up modern threads pretending to be an infect player
>"hurrrr jund is bad because it casts removal before my second main phase"

Did you scroll down and see where infect had a higher win percentage.

Doesn't change the fact the Jund has a favorable matchup against infect.

Some one miss read which way that went

Did you look at the part that I posted that shows youre wrong? Zooicide has the best win percentage you chuckle fuck.

I point you to

Lol sure buddy

What do you mean? Are you talking about the table? Because I'm reading it correctly. Look at RG Tron. It's pretty accurate.

I'm reading the chart correctly, you're the one that's wrong, unless you want to start arguing that ton has a bad jund/k match up too but has a great win rate against infect.

INFECT SHOTS BTFO SUCK COCKS YOU FAGGOTS LMAO INFECT FOREVER BTFO

also you didn't tale into account sideboards and modern changes greatly after that so that statistic does not work.

Tron*

What changes would that be? How has Tron changed, or infect in the last year? If anything it only got better by having less decay and more kommand. And on top of that, my hard statistics from less than a year ago are less relevant than you posting an article by a fat retard who beat Tron 4 years ago?

This does not account for sideboard which matter a lot in modern

It's a hell of a lot better than some article from 2014 or 2012.

I am sorry your smoke and gun does not work because sideboards are important and that you still wasted 2k on cardboard that gets beat by my cardboard.

Yes it does though, go cry yourself to sleep now little fuccboi.
>tfw jubd will always be great and make sure infect is never a good deck

tron lost eye, gained ulamog. That's relevant. but I agree on everything else.

It accounts for all games. Sideboards included. If you think it's not the case because of this
>it's possible that your particular sideboard/build flips the matchup in Deck B's favor
Reread that line. It's talking about your particular sideboard, which could be different from the norm.

Wow I am sorry that you are this insecure mate. That as run by bots and without sideboard which still leaves it unclear as to wether or not the match up is bad post board considering that it is close to 50/50 from the start.
it said in the beginning that it did not use sideboards.

>tfw literally all of infects sideboard comes in against jund anyways, and there's literally nothing those poor little cucks can do about it.

>it said in the beginning that it did not use sideboards.
Are you referring to the line here? mtggoldfish.com/articles/28k-games-of-modern-analyzed
This claims it can't see sideboards, not that it can't see sideboarded games.

Where does it say that it doesn't use sideboards you ducking retard? It doesn't. Are you implying it only took game 1 results and not the results of the match you stupid illiterate retarded faggot?
>muh 2015 not relevant
>muh sideboards
>muh retarded reading comprehension
You got shut the duck down pussy, just kill yourself.

Next this is from modern online not tournaments so the ability for there to be just a ton of people who get into infect because it is cheaper than jund and get out played because they are new is there.

What exactly do you take out? main deck is pretty tight son.

There is nothing sweeter than the autistic back peddling of a retarded faggot little infect player. Oh god these tears will lubricate and sustain my sexualidad endeavors for many months to come.

Oh duck yeah, keep going, oh yeah, I didn't think my erection could ever be any harder than just a moment ago, but dear god your pushING me over the edge, oh duck yeah, tell me about how infect players were enslaved in the 1800s next and they're at a economic and social disadvantage next, oh lord I would cum so hard.

> That as run by bots
The games themselves are not. The data is taken from thousands of replays.
>without sideboard
They count sideboarded games as well.

It's over friend. He's done, there's nothing more he can say, he's just wrong, and it's over.

Rate my funbrew bois

>4 primeval titan
>4 lotus cobra
>4 life from the loam
>3 gitrog monster
>4 harrow
>4 search for tomorrow
>3 urban evolution
>3 explore
>2 avenger of zendikar
>2 ob nixilis the fallen
>1 mind spring

>8 fetches
>7 shocks
>basics

>4 death cloud

it's super fun and hella explosive with a good draw

>t2 cobra
>t3 cobra, fetch land
>harrow
>explore, fetch land
>harrow
>prime time
>avenger of zendikar

what im willing to drop
>urban evolutions
>avengers of zendikar
>ob nixilis

thats basically it. the rest of the deck flows so nicely together. gitrog + loam + explores + cobra, or any combination of those cards, is amazing. the deck thins out so fast and you just draw straight gas. it isnt getting far in a pro tour but its a really enjoyable deck to play. what would you change out?

>it's called BUG death cloud for now because death cloud is often a wincon when you have loam and/or way more lands than them

it's shit

>play Scapeshift
>not on the chart
>tfw
JUST

What would an appropriate mana cost for this card be?

In modern? Probably {2}{R}{R}

We already have that card.

I think you meant to post this.

You're all wrong.

>pay a million mana for a brick
>your opponent casts goyf and beats your face in

yeah sure wins you the game pal

I change the target of my opponent's goyf spell to my side of the field, it happens because it's an Unglued set, you're move.

FUCK OFF.

Does anyone have Gerry Thompson's R/G eldrazi list from the recent scg event?

>last updated 2015
>Splinter Twin is still a deck that has results

What.

Want to ask.
I see that some origin stuffs like Pyromancer Googles, Knight of White Orchid and Dark Petition are kinda expensive now compared to what they used to be.
What made them rise? Standard? Modern? EDH?

Standard. Goggles is a deck in Standard, Knight is in Standard in white weenies and able to easily splash other colours by fetching a Canopy Vista or Prairie Stream since they have plains subtypes and Dark Petition is part of the Seasons Past deck combo.

Ah okay, thanks user. Time to sell i guess. I would've kept them if it's Modern.

I don't know if now's a good time to sell Dark Petition. I think people are realizing that it's actually a good card and could potentially see modern play.. maybe.

Plus it's always going to be in some demand for EDH.

Sell the Knights and Goggles ASAP though.

Dark Petition is probably one you should keep, foils if anything. They do get played in Vintage/Legacy Storm.

Standard. Goggles is a deck in standard double up lightning axes for sick removal, double up tormenting voice for sick card draw, double up fall of the titans for sick burn kills. It's great. Knight is played in white weenies, ando dark petition is a staple in seasons control.

Standard is pretty fun this season.

On the topic of finance, should I sell my Chandra Flamecallers? I can't see them going too much higher, but then again I think she's really fucking good,

Here is where we're at folks.

>tron tier 1
hahahHAHAAH

>linear aggro
>$$$
>linear aggro
>linear aggro
>cheating with mana
>linear aggro + oops combo on T3

and every fucking deck is now build around broken green shit
even Burn is being carried by Nacatls
fml
new magic is disgusting

>not selling out of modern and getting into pauper and legacy

modern is really fun though

Thanks anons. Yeah my Dark Petition is a prerelease foil, the rest is the usual draft byproducts. I guess i'll keep this one.

These aren't tiers based on power, they're tiers based on popularity. There's obviously some relation, but this looks like it's not taking W/L into consideration.

Tron's easy and cheap, therefore popular and tier 1.

>can't play combo (abzan doesn't count since the combo is just a happy side effect of shitting out creatures on curve and it's ridiculously easy to stop), prison, ramp or control if you want to win consistently
>artificial annual rotation for bullshit reasons
>costs about as much as legacy where both of the above are false
It's just buyer's remorse, user, you can get over it.

So I sold my Kor Spiritdancers last year when getting back into magic To build EDH decks. I still have a bunch of Bogle stuff left over though. Are Bogles an okay deck to build to try out Modern? Are Dancerless Bogles viable?

>wanting to play degenerate decks
i don't pity you

What would you rather play?

i find this fun, even to play against
would play/brew 8/10

Everything but turning Agent/Goyf/Nacatl/spirit tokens sideways is degenerate?

>finally cave and buy the new red/black vampire deck so i can be a necromancer
>rekt my friends with powers of undeath
feelsgoodman

>Jund is 50% more played in paper than on MODO at 300% of the cost
How

Less Tron and Burn on paper since they aren't the budget choices outside modo. Key cards overlap with Legacy.

I've played a lot of bogles before moving on, and in my experience the spirit dancers are a necessity. The extra card draw and chaining draws from it really make a difference, especially if you don't play horizon canopies (and if you are you have no excuse not to buy the spirit dancers).

I am just selling my modern shit and will stick with EDH and Legacy

modern just isn't for me anymore
I hate green, I hate clogged boardstates, I hate people who do nothing but vomit stuff on curve on the board and win without even knowing why they won

face it, Modern is just Standard on steroids and thus suffering from the obsession of Kikewater and his retarded friends with clogged boards full of GW creature shit with +1/+1 tokens on every fucking thing including lands

This man speaks truth. Fuck modern.

what

7GG

>even Burn is being carried by Nacatls

Is that seriously a thing now? I've always hated them in burn and feel like I should just play zoo at that point.

the whole idea of burn not running creatures to neuter removal has long been thrown overboard when Eidolon and Swiftspear were just too good not to include
then came Atarka's Command and the rest is history

if you want to play Command AND are already at 12 creatures AND you need Destructive Revelry or Ancient Grudges it would be stupid not to play Nacatls

When are they going to fucking ban mana tithe? My buddy completely blew me out of the water when I tried to cryptic command his Summit prowler and he mana tithed it. Why tf does white even need a counter anyway?

It's not about dodging removal but Nacatl being a coin toss and not in any way guaranteed damage like guido or eidolon. Only thing it has going for it is that it dodges pyroclasm on the play and Tron is a bye anyway.

here's your (you)

Well it's like "We're already splashing Green for Revelry and we've got mountains and plains too, why not attack for 3 as well?"

>The whole idea of burn not running creatures to neuter removal has long been thrown overboard
I still can't cope with this fact. And I've transitioned to the Zoo-plan. I was fine with Guide, Eidolon - still a burn spell if removed, and Swiftspear - Goblin Guide 2.0, but having the 4th creature seems so off.

I know that every time someone Paths my Nacatl, it's still right to play Nacatl. I believe that the Nacatl as the right play is only because there are so many other aggro decks that a 2/2 on T1 then a 3/3 on T2 can't beat. The loss of Twin means the field we can afford to be a bit slower but heavier hitting.

Still doesn't feel right.

>Memedern

Has anything changed since the last thread or is the format still shit and broken?