What do you like to see while exploring underwater?

What do you like to see while exploring underwater?

Water, sunken ships, treasure, sea life, the absence of giant monsters, and the surface.

>while swimming in a flooded cavern the party comes across this sign

Surface UFOs

well it's obvious that there is something in there, the skellys just want it all for themselfs, this sing is too obviously fake

Qt mermaids are always nice. Them not being the type to kill the party is merely a plus.

I'd prefer to see land.

Fuck the ocean.

sunken cities

Unidentified floating objects?

Nothing
I am terribly afraid of deep water

A sunken Atlantean Warship ...

More or less.

You should be.

On that note, deep sea critters are cool as hell, and things based on them should totally be used more in games. They already look more alien and monstrous than 90% of fictional monsters.

>What do you like to see while exploring underwater?

Full air tanks.

Edward Kenway dived in underwater caves using nothing more than early 18th century technology and no prior training in diving.

He found tons and tons of treasure while evading great white sharks, poisonous jellyfish, moray eels, sea urchins, powerful currents, sharp rocks, and the occasional heavily-armed smuggler in a cenote.

Checkmate, Death.

I certainly don't want to explore underwater

>that bike
That's some exercise in futility

I recognize that shark.

Are qt merboys okay?

The surface .....

>So Dave, what your sea house is going to have?
>Oh, nothing special, Gabe. Only some solar panels and a velodrome.

I would use that on a lake or river but wouldn't the ocean waves make something like that uncomfortable? Not to mention storms.

the classic shipwrecks and sharks and skellies are all good, but ever since the first time i saw water deep enough to turn black i've wanted it to be creepy. like really creepy.

underwater pits that seem to go down literally forever. things that really, really shouldn't be there (writing in places humans should not have been, a sunken spanish galleon at the bottom of Lake Superior, etc.) hints of weirder, creepier stuff.

i want like Call of Cthulhu type stuff down there, only not actually from the kind of overdone Lovecraft mythos if possible. but that kind of feel. i want the party to be saying things like "i had no idea" or "what have we done" or "we should not have come here".

apparently i have no good specific examples but i'm going to be thinking about it all day now.

I feel like I should once again educate people of the horrors that actually live down there (admittably, said horrors are very small, but they sure look scary). Might give some ideas. I'll do that later when I get back home.

Potentially. It's still small enough to handle rollers without damage or shock by simply moving with them, while huge ships simply ignore them through sheer mass. It's the ones in the middle that get shit on by ocean waves, because they're big enough to span multiple crests but small enough to be lifted by them; that leads to a broken keel when a crest at either end lifts the middle clear of the water.

A circular, center-heavy design is actually pretty good in a storm, because the #1 danger in open water storms is being knocked out of facing. You need your bow into the waves at all times or you're in a bad place. Waves that break on the stern shock the hull and can swamp an open cabin. If you're side on, you're just begging to capsize.

That shape, however, is largely secure from every side, and thanks to the wide spanning edges acting like outriggers, moving the center of buoyancy well out from the center of mass when tilted, it would be very difficult to capsize (if you ever did, though, you're pretty much fucked for life).

The main problem I see is that in VERY large swells, the edge may be engulfed and encourage the craft to cut into a wave rather than ride atop it, which would lead to a hard tilt as it attempts to rapidly surface edge-first like a floatboard held under. That would lead to some nasty tossing and a hard righting, and might just send you airborne.

How about space oceans?

I knew you could never trust a skeleton.

62 miles deep.

No strict upper size cap.

nope.jpeg

Monsters that the gods fear.