Monster Alignment

Do you prefer a setting where most monsters (read non-playable races) are out to eat you or take your wallet, a setting where there are lots of monsters who are friendly (mermaids, gnomes, giants, etc), or do you like to leave people guessing, where some monsters seem friendly but aren't, and vice versa

Most attractive monsters are friendly, most ugly ones are not.

It is the duty of all human warriors to ensure the safe future of our children. So long as any monster exists in the world that future is threatened.

The latter. I like to leave people guessing.

I'd like to keep people guessing. That way, runs into a a congregation of fey folk and learns a very important lesson about first impressions. I wouldn't consider myself beyond having different individuals (or groups) of the same race act in distinct ways and bear differing personalities. One unicorn may take it upon itself to guide unweary people through the forest to safety, another might be downright feral (unless it's dealing with a virgin girl). One giant might be a beloved guardian of a remote peasant village, another might prefer turning people into jelly with their bare hands. Is that mermaid guiding the shipwrecked sailors to dry land, or out into a feeding frenzy? Is that dragon really going to keep help itself to wild game like it said, or should I get my cows and sheep insured?

Usually goes:
>Are you as strong as the intelligent monster to the point where fighting you is a terrible risk?
>Do they hate you bad enough to risk it?

>2016
>Alignment
No user.

Just no. I don't describe any of the elements of the setting with 9-point grid system that provides no real informations. If it's feral, the it's feral. If it's sapient, then it's sapient and acts upon it.

Jesus fucking Christ, can we FINALLY stop even pretending alignments add anything to gameplay or story? They are basically cheap plot coupons and idiotic element of crunch. How the FUCK they are suppose to represent anything?

Didn't even bother to read the post, eh?

>Vurics wasting free labour
>Laughing_Nexians.scripture

I did and it changes nothing. Making sapient creatures act on their own is the only right thing to do. I'm not talking about complete relativism, but putting sticker saying "all mermaids are playful creatures that are fun to stick with, because they are Chaotic Good" or "every single motherfucking gnome is the same greedy merchant".

Honestly, it's not even alignment. It's the part which states "all members of X". All. Always. Just because.
And alignments have a nasty consequences to work just like that.

>Free labor

>Trusting your non-humans to remain complacent
>Trusting labor to remove their inherent savagery

No matter how tight you bind them or how finely you forge their chains, the monstrous nature of non-humans will rear its ugly head in due time. If even a single man, woman, or child is harmed because of it then the ones who have suffered the non-human to live have only forsaken their own for the sake of worldly gain.

Only by total and absolute removal of the non-human can human civilization and the future of our people be ensured.

What setting is such shit-tier grim derp?

If a dog bites its owner, must all dogs die?

No, it is a failure of the trainer, for not properly raising his charge. All the lesser races can be brought to heel, to serve the dominion of Man. It is only a matter of proper breeding and effective training.

After all, were dogs not wolves, before they felt the firm hand of Man? So sayeth Zarus!

Someone get the religious crazies out of here this is a goddamn resturaunt

Hey, don't look at me, I'm an Octist.

>Not knowing Zarus.

Spot the newfag and laugh.

Not all varieties of dogs are useful, though. Some races will need culling. Some races needs to be exterminated. So sayeth Zarus.

>Not playing Shit & Awful
>Newfag

Different user, but show us on a doll where D&D hurt you

Right in the D20 that killed my character by not rolling a 10 or above...having 7 chances to do so. I'm...i'm sorry it's just so... HORRIBLE
>>Tears up
>>Hides face is shame
Just make sure it dosn't hurt another gamer!

Zarus is Veeky Forums culture. Sorry newfag.

>3.5 deity
>Veeky Forums culture

....the 3.5e deities were Greyhawk Deities...

Well go on then, tell us about your hipster system nobody plays.