EDH

Group Slug edition

>>RESOURCES

>mtgcommander.net
>>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

>tappedout.net
>>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

>edhrec.com/
>>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

>manabasecrafter.com/

>>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

>gatherer.wizards.com/
>>Official search site. Current for all sets.

>magiccards.info
>>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

What are your favourite group slug cards? Bonus points if they fuck you up as well

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-incendiary-librarian/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-05-16-symphony-of-destruction/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-07-15-grixis-zombie-horde/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/army-of-machines/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-anarchy-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/all-smiles-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what cards/combos should I put into a Phenax, God of Deception mill deck?

Apart from the obvious eater of dead

Untappers like Freed from the Real and I am Superman

A decent general and a non mill strategy.

My favorite way to end games taking too long.

>shopping on TCGplayer for the first time
>filled cart, optimized it
>shipping reads as being $0.99
>click "checkout"
>shipping is now $33.50

What the everliving fuck is going on here?

looking for suggestions to improve my nekusar deck. anyone willing to help?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-incendiary-librarian/

>Using TCJew
>Not shopping at a respected retailer like Star City or Card Kingdom.

You deserve whatever you get

>Star City
>not jews
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha holy shit user

Star City Games is one of the most honest and well respected Magic the Gathering retailers in the entire world user.

Yeah sure if you want to pay out the ass for everything.

Was seeking a bit of advice in a previous thread

Here's my current idea of the deck. Obviously prototype, haven't included all of the basic lands yet, and it's already way over 100.

I want to destroy lands, take my own lands out in the process, abuse my own lands for extra mana and cards, abuse my lands to kill their lands, and then get my lands back to repeat the process.

What does Veeky Forums think I should cut? I don't have a clear wincon. I'm building this deck to fight another deck of mine (RUW, MLD/Chaos/Group Hug/Control), which also lacks a real solid dedicated wincon. So they're both shenanigans decks, and I want to have the two out-shenanigans each other. So I guess I'm seeking maximum land destruction/abuse shenanigans.

Here is Jihad Deck

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-05-16-symphony-of-destruction/

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-05-16-symphony-of-destruction/
Devastating Summons is a good way to dump all your lands before blowing them up, so is Goblin Trenches. All this LD and no KotR?

Get Shivan Harvest

Pic related
Back with my shitty proxies for cube, ill remove the art on some of them and make new art but some I think are fine (I like kaleidostone as time vault).
What I need is some flavor text (preferably short) for them and who else to ask.
The cards in proxying are:
Power 9
Karakas, wasteland, rishadan port, mishras workshop, strip mine, time vault, gaeas cradle, karakas, snapcaster, goyf, dark confidant, jitte, wheel of fortune, Mana drain, Berserk, goblin guide, goblin piledriver, arid mesa, verdant catacombs, misty rainforest, and windswept Heath.
I hope there's some witty ideas some kind souls are willing to share.

No Army of Allah or Jihad?

Forgot pic

Thanks! Yeah my group is pretty chill and we do a lot of experimenting with our decks. We try and stay away from infinite combos or early wins, as well as milling each other, stax, land destruction, or total lock down. However we do change out cards in our decks for when we play in local tournaments so that we can combat against more aggressive players.

I actually had more tutors in there, but I'm keeping them out unless I play in local tournaments. My Marchesa deck was constructed from my old grimgrin deck I've been running for a year now, so most of the cards came from that deck. I was disappointed in the lack of good zombies in SoI but I'm glad I pulled almost all the zombie cards I wanted from the 14 packs I bought (never got relentless dead). I hope we see a new legendary zombie or some other crazy shit. I love muh zombies.

I'll take a look at your build soon

>tfw 5-man Voltron game last night
Shit was fucking crazy. Everyone was swinging for the fences every turn

>trying to get everything into one package instead of 3 on TCGPlayer
>add something into TCG Direct package
>splits package into 5 separate ones
FUCK YOU I JUST WANT ONE FUCKING PACKAGE

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-07-15-grixis-zombie-horde/

I like it, though I would widen your land base, that seems to be the weakest link in the deck. Some of your choices like raving dead, geralf's mindcrusher, adaptive automation, cover of darkness, are pretty good, but some of your other choices don't really work out with the theme of the deck. You need creatures that have widespread effects across the table (like replacing anathemancer with stalking vengeance) or creatures that are hard to get off the board with marchesa's ability (creatures that come in with +1/+1 counters). You definitely need more sac outlets and maybe some haste enablers. If you are worried about your zombie deck being not all zombies, you can use cards like conspiracy or xenograph to make your creatures zombies (I plan on trying this out soon in my build).

I'm not sure why you have certain enchantment buffs in there for single creatures. I hope you realize for marchesa's ability to work, the creatures need counters and not +1/+1s.

I would certainly put more card draw in there, because there seems to be a lack of it. I'd also put more cards in there like grave pact that punish your enemies for killing your creatures, or abusing it with sac outlets.

Overall it's a good build and all it really needs is better lands, card draw factors, and maybe a few more sac outlets.

That is my favorite Hurricane art.

The other versions are nice and powerful too, but something about the original is somewhat more pleasing to look at, due to its softer watercolor feel to it.

This card is absolutely DELICIOUS

Good find, that's going in my b/w Daxos deck

I used this to great effect against a Zurgo deck last week

I played Rakdos Eldrazi on Saturday. It was good.

>tfw picked up a slightly water damaged LOTV for $10
>kept it weighed down in a book over the weekend
>straight as fuck and playable now

wew lad what do i slot this bad girl into?

>I'm the only person who looks up cards outside sets from the last 3-4 years
>tfw decks are loads better than anything else in the group as a result

I feel kinda bad because I am fully capable of blowing out the group even when I'm not going balls-deep, just because the breadth of cards in my decks mesh together so well and they don't buy singles for decks

How about them tutors. I was thinking about dropping mine, since I play kitchen table, but then I remembered I mostly use them to fix mana screw anyway.

should I buy a bunch of white bordered lands for my edh decks y/n?

White borders are pig disgusting. N

no way senpai, it's all about the black border lands

Y.

Bonus points if you're also playing mono-White, using white sleeves, a white deckbox, a white playmat and wearing white clothes at the time, all while being white.

What's the general?

>Rakdos Eldrazi
I'm gonna take a guess and say that Rakdos that's right there on the table

I can't read it, the picture is too blurry.

What said.

Surely you can recognize blurry cards by the art alone, right?

Oh God what am I doing with my life

>onslaught
that's some excellent taste senpai

let's see those playgroups boys. R8 h8 apprec8

Ah ok so Marchesa ability doesn't count for enchantments that give static +1/+1 counters like Bad Moon, I figured it wasn't as simple as it seemed. I need to find more cards that disperse +1/+1 counters then that fall under the Grixis color scheme. Hopefully I can find a few enchantments like Unspeakable Symbol that do that. Thanks for the input

>static +1/+1 counters like Bad Moon
Those aren't even counters. They just get +1/+1.

Yeah that's why I used the word "static," I'm sorry for triggering you and using the word counters after that.

Well it's an important distinction is all

Props to the kataki player in your group

I agree, and I'm glad I know now. Any Recommendation cards that can put +1/+1 counters on my zombies for Marchesa?

I already have Unspeakable Symbol and Feast on the Fallen.

He's an interesting one. Spent $1500 on his prossh deck and pissed off his other playgroup with its powerlevel. To get them to stop complaining about it he built the Kataki deck.

> $1500
>on prosh
Pic related

I hope you don't want to put +1/+1 on zombie tokens for the purpose of Marchessa's ability.

It doesn't work like that, sadly.

Otherwise, consider proliferate and cards that grant haste to get that all important counter faster.

It's his baby, he's been tuning it since he bought the precon when it came out. He taught me how to play with that deck so I kinda skipped the "timmy battlecruiser magic" and had to adapt to fast combo pretty early on

What do you all think

Oh I've seen this before
>Oloro player thinks commander damage is a stupid mechanic
I want to go full-on headhunter on her with my Godo deck

Yes, I do know that tokens don't go anywhere if they leave the battlefield, they just go away. That's why they're fodder for Grimgrin, and to simply overwhelm opponents.

Ah yeah proliferate, didn't think of that one.

>surrak bear tribal
10/10

Post Muzzio please.

Having a hard time deciding between him and Sharuum as a future Artifact commander.

Do you want to have fun, or do you want to win?

Muzzio is a lot of fun, easily my favorite
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/army-of-machines/

its not like muzzio is bad at all he is a little slow in the beginning and is mainly to be played in multiplayer games

Uh, er, both?

I'm assuming Sharuum is win and Muzzio is fun?

Sharuum is also fun but people give you dirty looks for playing a "good" commander

>blue
play red artifacts like a man

Yeah Red artifacts looks pretty fun too, maybe for another time though, pretty sure I'm going to stick with Sharuum.

People will give you dirty looks because Sharuum's "thing" is infinite combo off herself. I've started building a deck with her several times and I always stop because I realize it'd be no fun to play with my friends.

If they're building decks from booster packs your're going to smoke them no matter how old your cards are. I don't know why you're proud of this.

I'm not proud, I felt bad. I wish they'd step up and start buying singles instead of fat packs and boxes, my deck isn't even that great and folds to any type of artifact hate but it still steamrolled them because it's focused and cohesive

>I feel kinda bad
>>I don't know why you're proud of this

How do you define "interactivity" in this game? Is it like counters, forcing people to do shit, etc.?

GOAT tier right there

Now on a unrelated question..
I' kinda "new" to MtG but I was wondering where I could get Alpha edition cards/packs?

Hi Satan, hows life?

Imo interactivity is when your cards interact with your opponents cards, either in play on the stack etc. Uninteractive would be something like Rings/Basalt in Oona, interactive would be Varchilds War Riders / Repercussions / Blasphemous Act or something.

Basically, instead of just durdling and having a game where each deck tries to do its own thing and it ends up being 'battlecruiser magic', you're using stuff like counters, removal and the like to stop the other decks trying to do their thing - you're 'interacting' with the other side of the table.

Oh OK cool

That sounds like it would break up the current way my group plays. We have a crapload of ramp into fatties, self-mill/reanimator (Sidisi) and Voltron right now. I'm guilty of Voltron but I wanted to do something with politics and deal-making

This entire deck. I rarely "win," but I take a few out with me tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-anarchy-1/

Who here likes reanimation? I do! Here is my newest one tappedout.net/mtg-decks/all-smiles-3/

lolfuckoff
Ebay or something, enjoy your $2000 pack of cardboard

Interactivity usually comes from having cards in your deck that interact with whatever gameplan your opponent is going for and trying to disrupt it (permanent removal, counterspells, targeted effects, etc.).

Usually combo decks don't care with what the other players are doing, and is just trying to get all the pieces it needs to win. Very aggressive decks are also usually very streamlined to cause as much damage as reliably as possible, which means he doesn't really care with what you're doing to try to disrupt him until you successfully does so.

I would love to be at the opening of an Alpha pack as some chump opens up his $2,000 rock hydra, though.

>Not wanting a Thoughtlace

I bought a pack of original MM for $25 a couple weeks ago because I never did before.
I'm currently trying to find a tiny frame for my new Jugan.

>competitive EDH

most good aggro decks will desicate a little space for interaction to deal with blockers, generally just a little removal, maybe unblockability, which is noninteractive but if only temporary does have to be reactive.

Ever since they came up with TCGPlayer Direct the optimizer algorithm has become incredibly bias.

If you had $25 for you order and it was all direct but decided you needed a different condition of a card or the version you wanted got sold and that card was not or no longer available direct but that was still from the same vendor, it would break down you order back to individual vendors and charge all the shipping.

Even when I am ordering 300+ cards I will save 20% or more by selecting my shops and card amounts individually, rather than relying on the tcgplayer optimizer.

people play competitive EDH?

My playgroup is pretty cutthroat so a strong combo general just adds to the excitement

What do you mean by "competitive" EDH?

Does anyone run any of the old color-specific hate cards? Stuff like Pyroblast, Deathgrip, etc.

How worse off will my deck be if I build its mana base using slower and cheap land or even basic land? I don't fucking want to pay 200 bucks upwards for singles of fetches, duals, shocks, not even talking about the original fucking duals. I hate the very fucking concept of nonbasic land fuck piss cunt.

On a related note, any advise for building a Tiny Leaders budget Esper mana base?

>Tiny Memers

For the most part I just use tapped lands, life lands, painlands, and check lands. Most are only a few dollars. I rarely get much problems

Group Slug is a shit name
Group Hate is far more honest in it's intent.

What about Group Thug?

Add a KnollSpine Dragon, it lets my eldrazi deck play itself in one turn usually.

You'll thank me later.

Group Thug sounds more like you're the go to guy for beating people up.
Group Slug sounds like you're hitting everyone. (Which it is).
Group Hate is FUCK EVERYONE AT THIS TABLE.

You wanna draw? FUCK YOU.
You wanna play creatures? FUCK YOU.
You wanna do combat? FUCK YOU.
You want to end your turn? FUCK YOU.

The real fun are symmetrical effects that hit you.
The wincons are ones that

I'm the one who posted the rackdos deck and I agree. I later added white and had Terial as the commander and added stuff like Personal Sanctuary and some more pillowforting, but I changed it back because it just wasn't as fun. I meant to ruin EVERYTHING, and equipping Rackdos with an Assault Suit is hilarious

>Destroy all permanents
Does that include Bane then?

Yes bane is on the field when the effect happens

You do not have nearly enough stax to be playing Nekusar. Sheoldred and Jin are pointless, the former due to not suiting the strategy, the latter for costing way too much.

Of my 4 decks, Nekky is my oldest and best. Your first and second concern is damage. Draw and die. Your third concern should be staying alive while doing said damage. If you just want to play Grixis fun stuff, use Jeleva, Marchesa or Sedris. There's really only one way to build Nekusar and that ain't it.

You may wish to try and get

>Underworld Dreams
>Fate Unraveler
>Wound Reflection
>Phyrexian Tyranny
>Price of Knowledge
>Spiteful Visions
>Kederekt Parasite
>Molten Psyche
>Magus of the Jar
>Psychosis Crawler
>Whirlpool Warrior
>Whispering Madness

Damage and answers. That's what has always worked for me.

I run those two in my Nekusar deck. Don't get to have them both up very often, but when I do it's glorious. Just getting to sit there and ask the rest of the table if they have any last words.

Of coursh

I have a stupid idea of building a Jeleva pillowfort with a huge amount of copy enablers. The idea is to include lots of expensive spells and cast them for free via either her procs or stuff like Galvanoth Brain in a Jar. How shit does it sound?