/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Skyrim 2: Deserts edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except Vehk and Vehk
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

To keep this from becoming /tesg/ minus waifus, don't post memes unless you are also posting quality discussion. Especially if it's not even Elder Scrolls related.

Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Jokes
youtube.com/watch?v=tEPYlJLvcEM
elderscrolls.com/redguard/
vid.me/CpQC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We Japersia now

Hammerfell/Redguard lore general?

What's up with Redguards and magic? I can understand the aversion to necromancy and the fact that they're great warriors and thus not too big fans of using magic for combat, but what about alteration, mysticism, alchemy and restoration?

And what's up with redguards in Skyrim having +5 to destruction?

I want pictures, pictures of Rourken.

>What's up with Redguards and magic?
I can only guess mages fucked something up big time in the previous Kalpa.
>And what's up with redguards in Skyrim having +5 to destruction?
Black people destroy everything they touch.

Nuking your original homeland can do a lot for destruction talents

Isn't Numidium's face modelled after a dwemer face?

>I can only guess mages fucked something up big time in the previous Kalpa.

But no one remembers that stuff right? I think that wars with the Sload, Bretons and Altmer have led to an aversion of magic.

>Black people destroy everything they touch.

>Nuking your original homeland can do a lot for destruction talents

thanks for the keks

Numidium and Akulakhan are supposed to look the same.

I'm no lore buff and I haven't completed Morrowind.

Can you see parts of Akulakhan at all in Morrowind?

And the drawing in Divine Metaphysics is of the original right?

> I think that wars with the Sload, Bretons and Altmer have led to an aversion of magic.
Yeah, maybe this.
Redguards also use cannons instead of destruction mages ffs.
You see it whole.ould make sense for them to look the same.

Where's that thread?

Redoran rose to prominence AFTER the Red Year, they were actually hurt badly by the Crisis.

Oh, noncuckchan board is still active, nice!

>Redguards use cannons

Do we have any sources of cannons in Elder Scrolls at all? Now that I think of it I can't.

>it would make sense for them to look the same

Then what's up with the artwork in this thread being different from the Numidium in Divine Metaphysics?

It's on 8gag's /tes/ board

In my defense, I don't use any of the other boards, and considering how /tes/ is pretty much dead I practically don't use it at all

>noncuckchan

8gag is trash and the /tes/ board is dead

I couldn't care for the former but I wish the latter was alive

In my defense, I don't use any thread other than this one in this sad place.

Doesn't make this chan any better.

MAKE WAY

Veeky ForumsGUARDS COMING THROUGH

A redguard wizard is a Black Mage.

MOVE BITCH

let's agree to disagree and discuss elder scrolls

>ceramic armor

Is that a thing? It looks dope.

>Why was the Sentinel army so useless during the War of Betony?
>The cannons were too heavy, so all three garbage scows sunk.
uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Jokes

>uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Jokes

''What is the thinnest book in the world?
Redguard Heroes of the War of Betony.''

quality banter

Bretons are such great mages they can burn you without even using Destruction.

>Is that a thing?
It's just some fan work, done by some good artists. It's concept art from a scrapped modding project.
But it's cool, and definitely something you could use as inspiration if you're running a campaign and you want to make Redguards visually distinct.

Redguard (the game) showed that there were some forms of traditional Yokudan magic, which I don't believed followed the same thoughts of "schools of magic" that the Mages Guild does. Indeed, of the three Redguard magic-users featured in the game, two were Yokudan (the snake charmer and Saban) while one seemed to have more Imperial ties (the Archmage).

You can see Yokudan magic in action in one of the cinematics:
youtube.com/watch?v=tEPYlJLvcEM

Notice that Saban invokes Tu'whacca, the Yokudan god of souls, several times in her chants. She also does so constantly while performing the ritual to protect her son's soul from N'Gasta's soul snare. I have no idea what significance any of the other words might have.

damn

TR is scrapped? Damn shame.

There's also Skywind but I don't like it at all, except for some of their concept art.

>snake charmer

Sounds like illusion magic to me

I gotcha back man
Infinity /tes/ forever

Lorkhan magic.

Issue 25 is bound to be out any day now, right guys?

Speaking of Redguards and magic, Azra Nightwielder was probably a Redguard.

>TR is scrapped?
No, but the Hammerfell project never got anywhere. Which is a shame, it has a lot of good ideas behind it.

Oh, I can remember the Rihad artwork they got. I thought it was really neat.

Dres slavers blown the fuck out.

Post the full page, people deserve to see it

what are the bugs they're fighting btw?

some of the concept art is decent but unsurprisingly Skywind is missing the fucking point of morrowind by trying to force it into Skyrim's engine, an engine which can't fucking HANDLE Morrowind's magical mojo.

Oblivion could at least halfass it, and hell you could argue removing the alchemical singularity shit you could pull off in morrowind was an improvement but Skywind is not a game where I can fly across the goddamn continent rather than take a silt strider because I fucking FEEL like it godamnit.

Sure, though I think most people have read it.

So Cyrus and Captain Tobias are raiding a plantation near Tear.

Can't agree more. Digging their art though.

The strangest of projects can have good art. I think some of the art from Elder Kings is sort of neat.

Boom.

can you give me a TL;DR on why cyrus is raiding a plantation near Tear?

and what are those bugs?

>getting close to a wizard
Unrealistic you broke my immersion
Dropped/10

They're freeing some of S'Rathra's kinsmen from Dunmeri slavers.
You should just read the comic.
elderscrolls.com/redguard/

Not if you're motherfucking Cyrus.

I hope in the next installment of TES they not only go to Hammerfell but include some sort of inter-political strife between the Crowns and Forebears that escalates as the game progresses. Sure, it sounds like Imperial Legion vs. Stormcloaks all over again but instead of being so cut and dry rebels vs. Empire, it would have this sort of dynamic feeling that every sort of task given to you that even remotely relates to this conflict will have some sort of ramification throughout the game and I also hope that quests aren't cut and dry like retrieve this or kill this guy. I want dialogue quests as well....but knowing the route Bethesda is taking (see FO4) I have a feeling they will GUT the RPG element out of the game completely and make it a fantasy hack-and-slash.

>Adam Adamowicz made great concept art
>Lots of it was unused or dumbed down
>He died shortly after Skyrim's release

Solstheim in the Dragonborn DLC was actually good but he wasn't around anymore to witness it

why can't I hold all these feels

>artist draws spears
>dies shortly after release

check this shit out

3 really neat iron shield designs and they only used the right one (as a steel shield actually, not iron)

I don't care much for the middle one but the left one would be neat as fuck

Skyrim already has a few variations on the same armor type (like 4 different fur armors), why not have more?

Prioritizing at first and then the spur of the moment can lead to certain design choices.
And at some later point you have to have a set number of things ready to declare onwards, no much changing that.

>why not have more?
Because fur is the armor you're going to see the most. Steel is a close second with two Nordic variations and one Imperial style. If I remember correctly, every other armor has no variations.

there's some minor variations but yeah, I don't think there's anything else that encompasses full sets

minor variations including stuff like scaled armor and scaled horn armor, elven and elven gilded armor

I agree, it's such a waste of talent and resources. Maybe with OpenWM we can reuse some assets.

/tgesg/, what do you think of birthsigns versus standing stones?

I like the ability to switch more, but it's a shame the effects are so watered down.

Birthsigns trump silly nordic belief in stones. If they love those stupid rocks so much why not just give birth on top of them.

Then again, they probably do.

what happened to the dwemer btw
is there any chance that they'll appear on the next Elder Scroll game?

Dwemer dissapeared and they won't return unless a game is set before their dissapearance.

There's a single dwarf in Morrowind, and Arniel Gane in Skyrim replicates the Dwemer experiment of tapping into the Heart of Lorkhan, causing him to dissapear.

I'm not too much of a lore buff, and I actually don't know why all dwemer dissapeared when Kagrenac fiddled with the heart, while only Arniel dissapeared when he did almost the same thing.

There's a lot of Dwemer presence in Hammerfell, so yes.

Dwemer ruins, artifacts, automatons, ghosts? Yes.

But that poster was probably referring to live dwemer.

That reminds me, what does the presence of Dwemer ghosts in Morrowind imply?

I think Keening lost most of its power by that point. You can hold it and not instantly die.

Dwemer that died before they became brass, I guess. Nothing else makes sense.

What thread is it, though?

>Dwemer ghosts
That the ruins are haunted, or in other words, imprinted with the powerful emotions and connections of dead people.

The stickied lore one.

>thread's slowly slipping into the abyss of page 10

please no

Thanks

No, no

mondays being mondays I guess

post waifus

go there, and let us have one board without waifus

Why does every modder and fan artist want the Bitter Coast to look like the Willamette Valley? It's a dead swamp, somewhere between the Louisiana bayou country and a toxic waste dump. It's not supposed to be pretty.

["select all images with grass". asshole captcha.]

You see them in Redguard.

So the ones I posted

are accurate right?

I like Birthsigns. It's like if horoscopes were real, but gave you the ability to become invisible or make you better at bending reality.

>He will never love you
>He will never lean close to you, and sensually whisper in your ear, "Ahhhhh, yes. We've been expecting you."
Why live?

Jiub has my goal body but I doubt it's natty achievable

>Toxic waste dump.
Swamps may smell, but they can be really nice.
Not that an outlander like you would understand.

Hla Oad and Gnaar Mok are pretty shitty but Seyda Neen is pretty comfy, considering it's pretty close to Ascadian Isles and West Gash

>Wanting just ribcage, Auschwitz mode elf bod.
>Not wanting the height, mass, and package (No homo) of Hisin.
Bruh.

>Wanting to be a Drunk, semi-retarded rapist.
Nah, I'm good.

Hisin has just a bit more muscle than Jiub, and a lot more fat

Jiubmode is probably better

Only a thin layer for the cold. Besides, that's before he starts cutting.

Enough Veeky Forumsposting, new subject

can't let the thread die

What's the story behind the mudcrab merchant?

I don't know, but I like to keep him with me in my house. I trust him a lot more than Creeper.

>Karifa al-Tahud, a Tel Var Armorer found in the Daggerfall Covenant base in the Imperial Sewers, can be heard spreading several conspiracy theories. One of them is: "Queen Ayrenn is a miniature Dwemer construct from the next era. Everybody knows it".

ESO confirms C0DA for canon.
Thank you based Zenimax devs.

Oh Father, dear, I often hear
You speak of Vvardenfel
Her lofty scenes, her valleys green
Her mountains rude and wild
They say it is a lovely land
Wherin a prince might dwell
Then why did you abandon it?
Oh, the reason to me tell

My son, I loved my my native land
with energy and pride
Till the blight came over all my crops
And my guar and mudcrabs died
The rents and taxes were to pay
And I could not them redeem
And that's the cruel reason
I left old Seyda Neen

Tis well I do remember
The bleak Hearthfire day
When the bailiff and the landlord came
To drive us all away
They set the roof on fire
With their cursed n'wah spleen
And that's another reason
I left old Seyda Neen

Oh your mother, Azura rest her soul
Lay on the snowy ground
She fainted in her anguishing
Seeing the desolation round
She never rose, but passed away
From life to mortal dreams
And found a quiet resting place
In dear old Seyda Neen

Oh, you were only two years old
And feeble was your frame
I could not leave you with my friends
For you bore your father's name
I wrapped you in my cote'amour
In the dead of night unseen
And I heaved a sigh, and I bade goodbye,
To dear old Seyda Neen

Oh, Father dear, the day will come
When on vengeance we will call
And Dunmer men, both stout and strong
Will rally unto the call
I'll be the man to lead the van
Beneath the flag of green
And loud on high, we'll raise the cry
"Revenge for Seyda Neen!"

This was from another thread, but I thought it was interesting enough to repost.

>The infinity made by his legs.
>The hand towards the heavens, and staff to the ground.
>Yfw this is but an inverted Magician card, which symbolizes the selfishness of the sea that Seht is known for, his poor planning and demise, as well as the fact that he is literally a magician.

For reference.

I do gameplay coding and magic for Skywind
You hurt my feelings :(
Any questions about the project?

When are you going to announce the project has failed? Alternatively, are you thinking of downgrading the graphics and releasing a game that's nothing like Morrowind?

Youre a fucking retard

That user has a point; Skyrim's engine cannot really do a lot of things from Morrowind, at least not properly.

Are things still going at a snail's pace? Where exactly would you say the project is at in terms of completion or playability?

Do you bite spears?

Contrary to popular belief, swamps are not "dead," but teeming with life

fuck off bethcuck

I think that guy was actually banned for being a massive cunt. He didn't do anything other than complaining about how we were shit and how he should take over the project. Never did anything useful.
True, some things aren't possible, but we add other stuff to compensate. Some spells I've made are inspired by Dark Souls 1. There's also a lot of things that the creation engine can do that morrowind couldn't, like some game balancing (skeletons take more damage from blunt weapons, less from blades etc. stuff like that). We aren't trying to make it IDENTICAL to Morrowind, so don't bother complaining about that. We know this already.

That's true but not really relevant since Skywind is not a port. It's Morrowind for the Skyrim audience, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. There's an audience for it even if we're not it.

I want to make a dunmer character in honour of Morrowind's anniversery.
Where can I find a dunmer name generator?

I've felt like shit, so I haven't been working on anything in particular for 2-3 weeks, but last time I checked the 3d department is doing a shitton of work. They just don't post every single rock they do because there's no point in that. They are finishing up landscape assets so landscapers can get to work. The coding department doesn't get much spotlight. I can show you one thing I've done though: vid.me/CpQC
Basically you close the helmet with the press of a button that can be customized and it grants you various bonuses. If I can get more 3d models of helmets, I will do this to all the helmets I can, but since I'm not a 3d artist, well...
What.

>selfishness of the sea
I suppose memory is selfish by its base concept