Warhammer 40k general

Necron Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>White Dwarves

mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10058025
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell me about your dudes Veeky Forums. What's their background? What have they done? Do they have anything special about their model to make them unique, and if so what?

Second for fortifying this thread

Most of the Tau Commander builds on the tg wiki seem to completely disregard that it has Bs5. are there any solid builds that I can make use of it's shooty shootyness?

Third for "No Vendettas for IG anymore".

God damnit Skies of Death. You had so much promise but in the end you just made things more complicated without adding anything extra fun to this game.

Drone controller son, and blasts weapons. Or melta if you want guaranteed hits on vehicles

I'm partial to taking the Markerlight and Target Lock sig system from IA3, adding a missile pod and drone controller, extra wargear to taste, and sticking her in a drone unit.

BS5 drones batter one thing with a lot of markers, Commander split-fires one BS5 light and two missiles at a seperate target.

I saw a few days ago about a missions taking place in space (think it was from a Tau book or something) does anyone still have it?

what happened to my poor vendettas

Actually that sounds pretty sweet. Could I substitute the missile pod for the Cyclic? Range is far less, but more shots at the same stats and a S8 blast is attractive to me.

How often do you guys use buildings such as bunkers, sky shield platforms, bastions, etc in your armies and games?

Pretty much never unless a narrative revolves around one.

>No Vendettasfor IG anymore
They're still in the codex tho. Better yet, they can still voluntarily snap-fire.

Isn't a Vendetta just a Valkyrie with TL'ed Lascannons? Are we sure that the new Valkyrie datasheet doesn't have the lascannons as an option?

Rules in Skies of Death doesnt include Vendetta. And the rules arent optional, they replace the old ones from codexes. So since Vendetta lacks agi/pursuit/combatrole, its unsuable.

(OR you could not be a autistic retard and use the cost from IG-codex and just add same agi/pursuit/role from Valkyrie)

Yeah what happened to collecting all the special battle conditions rules into one PDF anyway? That was a cool and handy idea.

Vendetta is mentioned in the book's fluff but lacks rules completely, either as its own entry or upgrade for Valkyrie.

Holy shit that sounds awesome.

>Vendetta has no GW model
>Imperial Guard players are surprised when it doesn't get rules
Conversions more complex than face-drilling are verbotten.

Unless the next CSM release is the biggest release in Games Workshop history, CSM is going to lose tons of options.

I'm working on it

C'mon guys, as more people votes the better!

strawpoll.me/10058025

Im a bit concerned as IG player. Neither does Rough Riders or Veterans have models, either. Its a shame if RR's would dissapear but losing veterans would be army-breaking for some people like myself.

Happy to hear its in someone's good hands rather than forgotten about. You're doing the Emperor's work user.

Yeah, losing busty abhumans would be a serious blow.

If you tell people what its about people might give a fuck.

I figured you were just meant to use the Valk's stats anyway.

>No AdMech

This rustles my cogitators something fierce, anonymous unit.

We'll see on the 7th or whenever pictures or an epub is ready.

I don't have much faith in a warseer leak from a guy that didn't know the names of the weapons.

I think veterans would work like the SW units unless I missed some kind of characteristic they have, since I don't play IG
The box is for the Grey Hunters, but is used to make Blood Claws and Wolf Guard too until they chose to separate them in 3 boxes with literally the same options but different quantities, to the point that the box for 5 Wolf Guards will never be brought since you can buy a box of 15 Blood Claws for less than 3 times the cost

Vets don't need models, just like Vanguard and Sternguard marines don't technically need them, because they're just marines. The only thing that would be a problem are the shotguns, which you can always scratch off their entry, if you must. Other than that, Vets don't have anything you can't use regular IG kits to make.

There's always a chance for a plastic RR and Veteran dual kits with the next codex release. They did do ogryns, didn't they?

Which are the CSM units that lack a model?

Not that guy nor am I a CSM player but from memory noise marines and thousand sons are reliant on conversion packs?

That doesn't mean they lack a model, most kits like that are X kit with Y upgrade parts.

the Vendetta has a forgeworld kit. They're probably just moving it back to the forgeworld line and it will get an update there.

until then just use the valks numbers.

That's true, but I don't think they would be squatted because they only have a conversion pack despite how shit it is. I was actually once thinking of making a Slaanesh CSM army but I dropped the idea after trying to modeling the Noise Marines
Also, as far as I can tell, those are really iconic units, I don't think they would be on the top of the list of units that will receive a new model
>inb4 GW go full "It's not Khorne, who cares" and squat them anyway

daemonic mounts come to mind.only whfb had models for it, i think everyone else just uses those bits as usual

Yeah they tell me everytime, I assume people include them into the IG

They'll always have a spot for the cult troops, although I can maybe see them shaking up either the price/rules for Thousand Sons and making Bezerkers better somehow.

If they were going to squat a CSM unit I reckon it's going to be the war talons

>just moving it back to the forgeworld line

so it really is never going to get an update. Great.

After all they are both AM :^)

>until then just use this reasonable and sensible solution

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA. That's not how 40k works. You can't do things like apply common sense to get around issues, you can only play the game with the exactly worded rules that GW and FW give you.

So, has cutting everything with no models from the rulebooks actually done anything at all to slow down 3rd party models and conversion bits, or is it just a huge loss of variety and fuck you to converters left with useless models for no reason?

I've not played 40k since, like, 2nd. Or whatever 2000 was. But my Daemon Prince (I think I ran him as a Khorne one) killed my mates Bloodthirster. Granted Kharn was also involved. I pretended it was a Bloodthirster which has murderer most of the mortal dudes Hive and made him turn to Chaos to get power, just so he could kill the Bloodthirster.

Since then it's been mainly WHFB stuff.

But I did make a SoB OCDONUTSTEEL thing, called the Order of the Flaming Rose. Their colours were/are (I'm not 100% sure yet); white (represents the rose; this is their hair), red (the blood the rose has soaked up), black (the darkness of Chaos/Non-Emperor things) and gold (the flames of the Emperor, given through the SoB themselves).

Then I realised that is probably already a colour scheme for an Order, so I might have to re-work that at a later date. But I wrote backstory. The abbey is on top of a mountain/inactive volcano, accessible only by spaceport, the leaders basically do what the Spartans/Greeks used to do, which is where we enter my magical realm, so we'll stop there.

Alas, GW don't seem to care about the SoB so I'm following several non-GW miniature companies in the hope they make some proxies.

Hey, giant lorefag here. I just finished reading the Eisenhorn trilogy which I thought was generally fantastic.

I'm aware that the story is continued through Ravenor and there's apparently another trilogy in the works, starting with Pariah.

I was just wondering if anybody else has read Ravenor. Is it worth buying/as good as Eisenhorn?

I have 27 customised Crypteks.

Now the unit type is just "Cryptek".

That doesn't matter. It's in your codex, so you can use it. Just like you can use Space Pope or Tycho despite them being dead in fluff.

Either way, lots of stuff is missing. For example, in Warzone: Damocles, the Super Heavy Squadron is missing several SH variants, including the incredibly popular (both in fluff and model wise) Stormblade. I highly doubt the Stormblade has been dropped from the game and thus you can't use it. So I just assume it was a mistake on GW's part to not include the Stormblade in the formation.

My suggestion is to email GW's rule people to see if a FAQ comes out.

While I don't have the book myself (yet) my guess is you'd just use the same stats as the Valk, as isn't the Vendetta a combat version of the Valk?

No
If you bought a model for the doom of malanti, that's your own fucking problem. It's a zoanthrope now.
3rd party bits sellers are still going strong, if not stronger.

>OCDONUTSTEEL thing, called the Order of the Flaming Rose
>it's actually the most generic color scheme the sisters of battle are known for

I miss the days when there were conversion guides for special characters in codices

I asked Forge World some questions.

1. Sevrin Loth cannot be used in a Librarius Conclave, despite being a 'vanilla' Librarian, as he isn't in the restriction area. However, as usual, if your opponent is OK with it, it's sound. Otherwise, you cannot.

2. Sevrin Loth using the new Angels of Death pysker powers has stumped them. They are not sure and are passing it on the rules team. This is annoying as Sevrin Loth has the Space Marine Faction rule, which the Angels of Death supplement says is the only thing needed to be able to use the powers. Yet the 'stumping' might simply be them not sure if you can pick the ones you want from the new tables, like he can with the other stuff.

Did I say exactly the way the colour works? I could have done all gold, with black edging and red emblems. Furthermore, theirs is brass, not gold.

I meant more like this, but less black.

Well it doesn't matter that much anyway
Unless your entire SM army is red scorpions... you won't get a game using him outside of tourney play

Does anybody have experience using Victoria Miniatures pieces in conversions?

I want to give some extra melta guns to my Cadian infantry squads, is this a good site to buy conversion bits from?

>yfw roll a Librarian Dreadnought (ML2) with Quickening + Electroshield. Or Quickening + Warpmetal Armour

Speaking of which, a Librarian Dreadnought doesn't count as embarked, does it? It's a character, right?

Loth can generate powers as usual from the new disciplines. He cannot choose specific powers like he can for some of the disciplines he has access to.

I want to make a bright pink sisters of battle army.
As a 22 year old male, would you make fun of me for this?

He's only embarked if you stick I'm in a Storm Raven

I know. I got into a discussion with a few other people over it and how it worked. Loth as a Technomancer with Blessing of the Machine, Warpmetal Armour and Machine Flense could cause some damage.

T5 Tacticals with FnP is pretty neat. Shame Helios Landraiders are poop.

Why would he count as embarked?
If you're talking about the no vehicles restriction on some of the new powers, unless it says the psyker cannot be a vehicles you're good.

that is true, did world of warcraft always look this terrible?

look man if you wanna paint your miniatures pink you gotta live with it, i don't really care

I'd laugh and make some jokes. But I wouldn't rub it in. If you want to do it, go for it. I thought of doing purple and pink once.

Thanks bra.

I dunno, I forget things really easily, didn't know if there was some special rule cause he had Psychic Pilot special rule and I couldn't remember if that counted as embarked in the special rule section.

Well in 2006ish it didn't, no. But it does look pretty bad, there is no 'depth' to the models, just flat texture. I quit by end of TBC so I dunno. I think they updated the models to look better.

The wording on Loth is clear. He can generate powers as usual, or select his powers from one of three specific disciplines. There's nothing to imply he would add these to that list.

But your box of shitters contains the weapons to arm the non-shitters. A box of guardsmen doesn't have the good special weapons, only flamers and grenade launchers. And no-one runs Veterans if they aren't going to give them meltas or plasma. Fuck buying special weapons teams separate

I posted these before, but they're neat. Colourful armies can look great.

3rd party is making models for units that don't even exist. WargameExclusive has revealed previews for Tau jetbikes, and some their strongest sellers are Inquisitor cars or Tau/Necrons/AdMechs with tits.

Yup, and no-one takes Ogryn because they're unbelievably shit and Bullgryn are just a tiny bit overpriced for what they can do.

I had an idea for a new unit if they ever got around to an overhaul of the sisters range

>Living Saint
>20 foot tall mechanical statue
>Monstrous creature
>Comes base with an arm mounted flamestorm cannon and a multi melta mounted in it's eyes as well as a "book of litanies", a book shaped speaker carried in it's off hand that gives a 12" fearless and auto-pass Acts of Faith bubble
>Its act of faith gives the flamestorm cannon str8, ap1 armourbane and torrent
>Book of Litanies can be replaced with a str x2 AP1 armourbane "Meltasword"

>In Defense of the Shrine World: These imposing statues are the last line of defense on Imperial Shrineworlds. Such is their importance that their true nature is a secret from all but those tasked with their upkeep. As such, a Living Saint may be infiltrated within 1" of an enemy unit. However, if it is deployed this way, it begins the game in its Dormant State. While Dormant, it may not perform any actions, but also cannot be targeted by enemy attacks (but still may be hit on accident.)

To activate a dormant Living Saint, the controlling player must roll a d6. On turn 1, this roll must be a 6. Turn 2, a 4+. On the controlling player's turn 3, the Living Saint automatically becomes active.

Re-read the rules. That was 6th edition.

I quote:

>Any Psyker with the Space Marine Faction can generate their psychic powers from the Librarius, Technomancy, Fulmination and Geokinesis disciplines, in addition to any other disciplines they have access to.

Key words here
>Any
>Psyker
>Space Marine Faction
>in addition
>any other

so, by that rule, and the most recent official GW sanctioned rule supplement, Angels of Death (released April 2016), Loth can access those. The question is whether he can pick and choose the skills or have to roll randomly.

That's why. Just like 7th edition Grey Knights/Blood Angels supersedes 5th editions, unless you and your opponent(s) agree to use previous editions.

So either Angels of Death doesn't supersede the 6th edition FAQ from Forge World, or it does. If it doesn't, then I can discard anybody else using it.

So it's an Avatar?

Is there a guide for these bunkers? The shot is from the 4e SM codex, but I has some recollection of seeing some sort of guide or details on the construction in a GW publication.

Pretty much, but not as quick or as good in combat

Cool idea. I'd personally like to see thinks like the Throne of Judgement as a regular vehicle. I'd also like a Cathedral 'tank'. Make it like the Tidewall Rampart, it moves across the battlefield on treads and is a building, with force fields, which can carry 10 models in it, with 10 fire ports. Doesn't count as moving either, so not forced to do snapshots. Gives Fearless + Stubborn to SoB around them. Maybe Fearless to Imperium units too.

Sure, Loth has access to and can generate powers from the new disciplines. He only has a special dispensation to select from Biomancy, Telepathy, and Telekinesis. Funnily enough, this means that, if he chooses to roll, he can only so so from the new powers.

That's what I meant. Sorry, I misunderstood.

The FW guys were passing this on and to discuss whether he can pick and choose or just roll as normal.

We good user, we good.

>Funnily enough, this means that, if he chooses to roll, he can only so so from the new powers.

no. his choose powers ability is 'may' not 'must'.

Does anyone have the old Lost & the Damned skirmish rules from the 13th Black Crusade event?

>ywn have Mephy and roll Electroshield

Why even bother?

>yfw Tycho has Blood Rampage but doesn't have a melee weapon

Which is a question, I swear I read, if a unit doesn't have a specifically mentioned melee weapon, he is assumed to have a CCW. So, with that in mind, since he has a Bolt Pistol, he does get +1A for having two 'melee' weapons, right? Either way it's pointless. Dude is hitting at S4 AP-. Dude won't drop anything. Hell, he'd probably not even kill Sister Repentia which don't even have an armour save (thou they are 6++)

whats this about units without models being disallowed? is this some new GW mandate or what?

Correct, but he's never given a list of disciplines to generate from. It would make sense to assume that it's the same three.
Ah, so you acknowledge what the rules say but are fishing for an advantage.

A company made 5th edition tyranid drop pods then won the resulting lawsuit, so now we can't have anything nice.

Rate the traitor legions from greatest to least.

Games Workshop no longer publishes rules for models that don't have an actual Games Workshop model. It's a reaction to the reaming they got in the Chapterhouse lawsuit.

The bolt pistol counts for the mandatory CCW, so you don't get an additional attack just for having a pistol.

In terms of what? Individual power has Thousand Sons at the top.

yeah but is this more recent then that lawsuit?
are you guys just debating on whether things like rough riders and vendettas will get squatted?

Your favorite, I guess.

Dumbass, just read the thread and apply an ounce of critical thought.

Thousand Sons
Black Legion
Iron Warriors
Alpha Legion
Night Lords
Word Bearers
Emperor's Children
Deathguard
World Eaters

My favourite?

1. Emperor's Children
2. Thousand Sons
3. Deathguard
4. Word Bearers
5. World Eaters
6. Iron Warriors
7. Black Legion
8. Alpha Legion
9. Night Lords

In terms of actually getting shit down Black Legion tops the list, probably followed by Iron Warriors

With Gaps for relative levels of greatness

Iron Warriors
Alpha Legion
Night Lords

Death Guard
World Eaters
Word Bearers

Thousand Sons
Emperors Children

Black Legion(Took the coolest colour scheme and aesthetic and decided to replace it with black.)

>Individual power

What? Khayon and the Sorcerers of the Black Legion would wreck the Thousand Sons. They already did.

Khayon is called King Breaker because he defeated Magnus and forced him to kneel before Abaddon.

>Thousand Sons
Badass Sorcerers, tragic villians, Tzeentch is the best chaos god
>Alpha Legion
As Alpharius, I love my legion.
But seriously, their penchant for black ops is great and there's plenty of instances that have them pulling off metal gear levels of sabotage in space.
>Iron Warriors
Mathematical, love artillery, and don't give a shit about casualties. They're Soviet Battle Doctrine in space which I still favor.
>Word Bearers
The fuckers who started it all. They fight out of a legitimate belief in Chaos rather than for their own power.
>Emperor's Children
Things shall get loud now!
>Black Legion
NPC faction.
>Death Guard
Outside of Typhus' shenanigans, pretty useless.
>World Eaters
No actual hate, but they're kinda boring, along with other Khornates. Most media seems to think that they make up the entirety of the Chaos legions, including fucking sorcerers. So they're even more of an NPC faction.
>Night Lords
Crawling in my skin, these bat wings on our helmets look ridiculous.

Khayon is an awful Mary Sue, and ADB is desperately in need of an editor willing to reign in his retarded tendencies.

Khayon is also a Thousand Son turned Black Legionnaire.

All Black Legionaries come from traitor legions. They abandoned their allegiances to their primarchs and legions to be a part of Abaddon's Black Legion.

Khayon's power only shined when he turned his back on the Thousand Sons. Magnus brought him only weakness and regret, Abaddon elevated him to glory and power and gave him a sense of purpose. This sense of purpose is what allowed him to challenge his own demigod father and defeat him. It's what makes the Black Legion the greatest in the Eye and beyond and the Imperium's direst foe.

Anyway, Ahriman is more of a mary sue for seemingly knowing the true name of Be'lakor (which should be impossible) and having the power to bind him.

Yeah - this is a really good build - certainly the most efficient markerlight delivery method in the hunter contingent. It also tends to be a magnet for early barrage strikes.

More about Ahriman.

Of all the servants (willing or not) in Tzeentch's thrall, what makes him the most special? (picture related)

Tzeentch's respect for Ahriman is never explained. He just does.