Eroticism in Games

When it comes to eroticism in your games do you prefer a more freeform route or do you like to crack out books on the subject?

Do you just give it a passing glance or do you go all out with it, introducing magics that impact sex and all?

And at what point do you feel that a game goes from adventures where sex comes up to full on ERP?

For my group I tend to freeform it all, though I do write up the occasional magical good if it fits the situation or circumstance.
Though after having had to kick out a problem player in relation to this stuff I'm curious how others handle it.

>Though after having had to kick out a problem player

Well, looks like it's story time.

I typically just freeform it, if I need to bust out a magical item or anything like that, I just make something up that would logically fit in to the situation, or something that could be used later. My players are pretty good about things like that though so I don't worry about it much. Only two really weird sexual things that happened are this one time they killed a troll with its own penis and another time when a character didn't make a save on resurrection and came back to life as a sexual deviant. Really made the game hard to play after that, every encounter started with "I'M GOING TO FUCK IT" no matter what the encounter was with. As far as pure eroticism, my players are too goofy most of the time despite being good players. :/

Why do you persist with these threads?

It's the same dumb shit every time, and you can hold these conversations in /d/ where you don't embarass yourself.

>embarass yourself

On no, Anonymous post 47040254 laughed at me in a bad way, can't show my Anonymous face at TEE GEE anymore!

The only time you should break out the dice for eroticism is when the mature content might actually cause legitimate narrative power.

For example, dice-rolling to see if you get a boner while looking at the barmaid's bountiful cleavage is absurd. Dice-rolling to see if you impregnate said barmaid after you go ball's deep in her, however, is not.

Hell, the scenario I posted is actually just straight up smut. Eroticism is simply something designed to elicit arousal, and can range from something as common as the hunk Paladin going shirtless to an extremely voluptuous nymph sunbathing by her pool while discussing business with the party, or even something like "the party is kept awake by the Alchemist and Barbarian going at it like sex-starved dogs in the other tent."

>Where does it go fromand adventure where sex sometimes comes up to a full on ERP?

Around the time the ranger makes it his mission to father a nation of children, or the warlock tries to seduce his imps.

It really all depends on the players and what they want to see. I mean, to a certain degree you have to layer sexuality into the world. it adds a level of realism, because the real world is not asexual.

I'm not running content at the table so that I can give my players weird boners and I think if theres a player at that table who is in the game for the boners, then he's probably not really invested in the game.
flirty NPC's are fun to do.

Well my group has someone playing a randy lesbian rapist who murders most of her victims and covers herself in their blood while eating their heart.

Needless to say, it's a pretty erotic game.

Blue magic best magic

I'm not a 16 year old virgin, so I don't have sex in my game as a major focus.

>he thinks sex and eroticism are the same thing

Do you enjoy being a 17 year old virgin more or less?

Eroticism, huh?
I usually play with murderhobos so they don't care. I used it myself two times. One time it was with a Dread Necromancer Catfolk because qt zombie grill which was needed for my Lichloved feat. The elf ranger kept calling him "necrophile kitten". Got the feat tho.
The other time I started pimping with a Wizard. He needed money for components and had a lot of Diplomacy and Appraise.

tl;dr I used sex to get power and money

It's never really come up in any game I've played other than as a joke

Is a girls ass considered a weapon?

Not freeform, but not full ERP. I tend to work like this:

>NPC and player decide to have sex.
>Player says how he wants things to go in the bedroom, rolls to see if he succeeds in convincing the NPC based on whatever skill is appropriate - Cha to be seductive, Dex for more direct pleasuring until they agree, Str to be dominantly forceful.
>NPC rolls to resist based upon whatever stat seems appropriate for similar reasons, with the implication that if they succeed, things go they way they want instead - they get to be on top, get the most attention, etc.
>Fade to black.
>If the player agrees, a random roll to see how well things went in general, which affect how well things might go afterward.

Anything else is left up to headcanon and left out of the game.

Hell, it depends on what turns a player on. They might find the idea of an NPC being strong or a good character attractive. When a random elf pulls a grenade launcher out of her purse and starts shooting at the guys Mr. Johnson told us to take out, that makes my heart skip a beat.

Yes.

Count me in! I want to hear this story, OP.

I usually try to look up sexual behaviour of different races, but not much more.

Eroticism has taken kind of an interesting place in a Dragonmech game I play. We're a motley band of warriors, engineers, mech pilots, and magic casters. I'll start off with one of my charaters: Andreas, a centaur fighter who likes to tell stories. In fact, he's become a bit infamous for what happens when he feels compelled to tell a story.

>Andreas has been with the party a while, has esablished himself as a generally cool dude
>The party is hanging around an underground city called Derimoor. Cool stuff. Nice taverns, pretty bar wenches.
>Andreas don't want no simple bar maid, and reserves himself.
>Andreas has a dream of making a safe haven for his people, so he goes to a store that specializes in maps. He wants to work out where he might build his safe haven.
>The owner of the store is a qt cartographer girl that doesn't get out much.
>Andreas walks in. He hasn't got much on, since pants for a horse would be expensive.
>They talk for a bit, Andreas commissions a little map of the world from the lady. Her name is Anna.
>Andreas tells her she can deliver the map to him at a tavern he'll be at later, and they say goodbye for the moment.
>Later, Andreas meets Anna at the tavern, and they hit it off. Centaurs are almost extinct in the world, and Anna has never seen one.
>Andreas, being a warrior, is a fine specimen with all the muscle one might think a warrior should have.
>Andreas subtly shows himself off while regaling Anna with the old tales of his race and his own deeds.
>Gives Anna a ride to a nice food stall and then a park, and then back to Anna's humble house.
>Still subtly showing himself off.
>They sit down in the living room, and Andreas begins telling Anna about how is people were made through some odd romance between a dude and a goddess.
>Makes his move at the end, it works.

Eroticism in our game typically works as above, with PCs or NPCs talking or flexing to get places or do things. I've got some more stories if anybody wants them.

I kind of envy you, user. How is it to play with people that don't murderfuck or deceive and ruin the lives of the NPCs? It's not that my players aren't good. It's just that they play assholes or embodiments of stoicism.

It's pretty nice. Our sessions usually go for 10 hours or more, and a lot of that is just our characters interacting with each other and NPCs. It's fun when the Players are making as many quests for themselves as the GM is giving them. We have fun with things, and are pretty laid back altogether.

The eroticism is a nice little side facet to the greater whole. GM lets us take it as far as we're comfortable, but lets us know when we get too wild.

I will mention a few things in passing but other than inuendo, I don't engage in eroticism at the table.

A few one on one sessions with my wife ( introducing her to the game) went full ERP but when DMing for a group, I might describe a situation or an NPC's mannerisms but fade to black after that.

Guess that's cool, yep. We organized similar sessions, and, well, I can't say I didn't have fun. They're really good players and all, they create interesting characters, roleplay socially, never had a "that guy" at my table, accept criticism when their optimization build is taking away somebody else's screentime, and generally we have a good time together, since we're all friends.

But in eight years of playing I never saw one of them getting their character attached to an NPC. I mean, a humanoid one. They got attached to everything. Homunculus, golems, undead minions, baby wendigos and various stuff. They'll get worked up and fight to protect their smiles like there was no tomorrow.
One time everyone almost cried after the death of the party Alchemist's pet giant scolopendra.
I guess my friends just don't get along with other human beings.

I tend to Fade to Black. I`m religious afterall ;)

Deus Vult!

1d4 smother damage per round while grapled.

>And at what point do you feel that a game goes from adventures where sex comes up to full on ERP?
Well, does the sex interrupt the adventure or not? As long as it doesn't get awkward, I'm fine with romantic ERP during downtime.

I wonder what you`ll do to make me...confess...?

I don't know, something like torture, smiting, and smiting torture, I guess.
I mean, that's their modus operandi and stuff.

Aaah!

okay, won't go no farther. Mods plz no ban

Your group sounds similar to mine, though I don't think any of my players would want a dragonmech game.

If you MUST indulge yourself in that idiocy, freeform is probably the way to go. At least you're not lying to yourself and everyone there about your intentions that way, and the people who actually intend to, you know, get on with their *roleplaying* *game* can do so. You know, the whole reason we're there, not to put up with your lack of tact in understanding that a *game* about looting monsters and making awesome personalities is the last place for eroticism.

The fact this question even comes up so often is ridiculous... Do you like, beat off when playing racing games too? Picture-in-pictured with some camwhore during Cawwa Dooty? Of course not, so why people consider this particular avenue fine for sexytiems has always struck me as a bizarre form of cognitive dissonance. I mean I couldn't honestly care if it's like a whole group on board with it but it's still weird even then. Why bother with the pretense of playing a *game* at all if you're not there to actually play it?

Repression detected

>Do you like, beat off when playing racing games too?

This is what a feminist looks like.

It crosses into ERP when the actual acts are roleplayed out, usually coupled with the sex being a major focus of the game. Implied or explicit sex is fine and can add a bit more realism to a game when done appropriately - that doesn't qualify as ERP.

>getting a group to play dragonmech
All of my envy.

TTRPGS can be anything you want them to be since they are in-fact collaborative storytelling within the confines of a system, and maybe, just maybe some people find this kind of stuff fun.

Buzzwords and namecalling hardly contribute to a discussion, friend.

....Touche.

Of course! Doesn't mean I won't keep finding it horrendously improper and out of place. It's not exactly a topic I'm fond of but I'd expect more normal people to still TRY to keep that stuff private. I dunno, it's a weird mental barrier thing.

You say that like it's a bad thing. S'hardly my fault I got left off the Christmas list for receiving the most common interest in the world

The thing people massively gloss over in these threads is that the reason people usually don't like eroticism in games is that they're generally uncomfortable with erotic content that they partake in/act out in front of a group of their peers that are usually, lets face it, a group of nerdy dudes.

I'm a forever DM who's been running a fantasy game for over a year now that heavily features adult themes and sexual content and it works brilliantly.

Why?

Because my group is a mix of girls and guys who are fun and open minded, and who will never fucking ever meet in real life, so they can put themselves out there in a way people generally will never do with a playing group they know outside the game or interact with in some kind of irl way, like school or work. We have all introduced ourselves on cam, we all role-play over voice chat, and it's usually something that happens organically between the players, not something I throw them into.

We also run a game that's very, very low on the "D&D scale" People play mostly whatever characters they want, conflict resolution is very abstracted and dangerous, and the focus of the game is on the player characters.

This makes for a completely different environment than some class-based dungeoncrawler where some DM who just can't stop himself from putting eroticism in everything tries to shoehorn it in or use his players as awkward fantasy enablers.

>The thing people massively gloss over in these threads is that the reason people usually don't like eroticism in games is that they're generally uncomfortable with erotic content

Pretty much all you actually had to write, rather than pushing your assumptions on an entire category of roleplayers. Sweep a little less with those generalisations, why don'tcha.
That said, your group sounds... Well, I'd say terrible but then I'm no fun. They sound chill enough.

>S'hardly my fault I got left off the Christmas list for receiving the most common interest in the world
That's not what "repression" means, homie

Yeah but I'm hardly gonna go, "No you're right I totally like [thing] and have merely pushed it down into the bowels of my mind out of fear/social pressure/whatever other motivations exist", am I?
I dunno man, sexuality in general is just something I don't really get. It's just another form of violence to me that people occassionally overlook because both parties are in on it. Not the healthiest view, but fuck it, it doesn't concern me really anyways.

>It's just another form of violence
hold up

Hmmm.
here, and I get what you're saying. I mean, if talking about tabletop gaming, the situation is what you can read on the post up there.
I also do some freeform forum RP, and in the years some sexual situation happened, even through rarely since I usually play non-sexualizable monster bois (at least, if you don't want to fuck an eldritch aberration) or loveable lunatics with a personal purpose that will become the comic relief and the wiseman at the same time.

That's probably in the difference between a tabletop game and something you host over the internet. Tabletop is usually made with your friends, people that presumably won't desire to pass an intellectually oriented day with you, expecially if they're actually erudites IRL. They will probably just want to stab monsters, or interpret a cool character, or play in a gritty, grimdark-ey sistem like WoD, Shadowrun or Warhammer 40K where every suspension of belief explodes into fleshy bits.

On the other side, roleplaying with people you find over the internet, with that same particular interest, that desire that particular experimental freeform system regarding the life of a potted cactus in the harsh environment of 476 A.D Rome, and maybe yes, the anonymity and privacy to play some erotic stuff... well, let's just say that's plain different.

Corollary: Somebody's magical realm will be potted cacti. That person will find your game.

Are you challenged in some way? You left out the actually relevant part of that sentence, Jesus.

That sounds like you are sex repulsed?

>Look at me attentionwhoring about not "getting" sex in a thread about sex in role-playing.

Go somewhere else you beautiful asexual snowflake you.

No, it sounds like someone who can't reach the branches pretending like they didn't want to pick the fruit anyway.

This guy's DM here, can confirm everything he's saying.

We're all very surprised that the succubus descended tiefling swashbuckler wasn't the one who introduced overt sexuality into the roleplay.

To be honest there are so many threads going on at once as far as roleplaying goes that I can just tune out a couple of the characters getting down to a bump and grind because I'm busy playing 2-3 NPCs at once.

Standard rule is that as long as no players are uncomfortable it's fine, and I reserve the DM right to tell them to wrap it up and move on if they're making the pacing lag, thankfully neither has happened yet.

Really the one PC on PC relationship that's happened so far has been quite adorable and really brightened up the campaign with a little sunshine and rainbows romance which is quite welcome in a somewhat grim setting.

I think it helps that I only have 3 players, each of whom controls at least 2 PCs so nobody's feeling ignored or left out and they're good enough roleplayers that they can carry on a conversation with one character while porking with the other and you'd never know the difference.

>It's just another form of violence

Andrea Dworkin?

The only reason to use sex mechanics is to make it like a silly H game. Rolling for orgasm intensity and the like is inherently ridiculous

I had a player who kept trying to fuck every woman NPC. So I started letting him. And then when he goes back to the town he finds an angry pregnant woman demanding marriage. Then he ran away and the rest of the party doesn't like him anymore.

Dude, I'm asexual and I understand it. I just don't feel it much or at all. All my bits work, I just don't feel the need to use them on anybody. I gave it a go and decided it was 'meh'.

Thinking it's akin to violence however is pretty unhealthy, and: yes, sounds like that.

That's what he gets for not asking a cleric to give him a contraception charm

I do both normal games and ERP, but make it a point to keep them separate. It's not just about comfort levels, but also the pointlessness of titillation I find in a table top setting. Fan service and eroticism in normal media is fine and all because it opens up a facet of the world no different than any other off-topic moment that piques your interest but doesn't let you explore any further leaving you to your own imagination.

That kind of defeats the purpose in a table top game where the whole point is letting players explore a setting at will however they want. It'd be like setting up this fascinating plot hook about investment schemes to a group of economics majors but never going further either because the system is meant for murderhobo'ing or because the DM and half the group aren't comfortable exploring personal theories on exchange and capital.

So in normal D&D-like dungeon crawling sessions any and all erotic content is treated like any mundane town event like going to the pub for a drink or whatever. For erotic content I almost always run a game built from the ground up for that purpose, almost always for one or two players, that resembles a Japanese RPGMaker H-game more than anything else.

I guess it kinda is, but I suppose correcting it's hardly urgent considering I'm not gonna go chasing down a sexual relationship of any kind either way.
Iunno man, thrusting something into someone's insides would be violent in any other context. Nature's just weird like that.

I suppose. Just a combination of bad experiences and my own mindset being off-kilter to start with, I expect. I always find it alternately disturbing and fascinating how much of a drive it is for other people though.

Eh, I doubt I'm asexual, at least not totally. And I'm not aiming for attention, just replying to people who responded to my initial posts is all. Sorry if it's eating up space.

Been there, done that. Some was fun, some was... not so fun. It's not a lack of opportunity for experience, in any case.

Even I'm not THAT delusional.

It's more of just that it's that people like yourself rarely are capable of seeing when "erotic" content alters and damages the narrative, reducing it to just a vehicle for eroticism.

It's the reason why no one watches porn for the plot.

Ultimately, all these threads ever really do is show that if you pretend to be mature and intellectual and write a lot of words when discussing inserting smut into your games, you end up with horrible travesties of a game that are exactly what groups are supposed to steer away from.

If the eroticism is incidental or even accidental, that's one thing, but to dedicate so much of yourselves to this endeavor clearly shows a distinct unbalance, with the criteria for success being simply how much awkward eroticism you can hamfist in.

Or an alchemist to make him some Bachelor Snuff if PF.

>It's the reason why no one watches porn for the plot.
There's a lot more to erotic media than the DVD porn market that purposefully skims on plot for a certain audience. There's plenty of stuff that would technically be porn but are very much focused on story.

Welcome to the world of the lowered bar.

>you end up with horrible travesties of a game that are exactly what groups are supposed to steer away from.

Not the guy you're responding to, but your argument is wholly unsupported.

In addition, its fairly normal that player characters would seek out sexual scenarios, certainly seeking out sex is less abnormal than seeking out violence. Additionally like killing, sex tends to have a clear beginning and somewhat clear end point, clear participants, etc. etc. that makes it at least somewhat easy to put into games.

I put virtually no sex and minimal erotic elements into my game (maybe once a year tops?) but you have to admit, stuff like

>simply how much awkward eroticism you can hamfist in.

does little other than show your lack of objectivity on the topic. Grow the fuck up.

To be completely honest I was expecting more borderline NSFW pictures and this whole thread has just been a disappointment.

I threw some in, but nobody seemed interested, so I stopped.

You will take this discussion on erp and fading to black like a man. Now have an armored woman.

Same guy as Well, you're not hacking up kids and having sex with their innards, so I mean I can't wag my finger at you for it.

For me, it's more sensual than anything else. A person who is pleasing to the senses as well as to the feelings, to me, is erotic. It isn't them being 'sexy', or 'hot', as those are much more...sweaty and animalistic. Erotic is the ASMR-y feeling you get when you're with someone. The pleasant smell of sweat, the soft curves, the quiet, tender whisper. It is a thing than you could stick your penis into, or just let yourself be enveloped by it, and savor it.

...sorry, was born on Valentine's Day, so I might have, like, a bonus or a predisposition to this stuff.

The bar is lowered due to a coincidence of history and private regulations (rating systems, comics code, etc) creating a market for nonsensical fucking, but that's all.

>blue jeans

ummm this is not ok

I don't like armored woman. Have a less armored woman to ease you in for whats probably to come.

>Not the guy you're responding to, but your argument is wholly unsupported.

How about we dig up some of these past threads and look around?

Oh, look, a heaping pile of shit, including ideas so terrible, that even other "open-minded" people had to step in and say "what the fuck is wrong with you, stop thinking entirely with your dick."

>sex tends to have a clear beginning and somewhat clear end point, clear participants, etc.

Wow, way to sell that.

The issue is not sex, or the inclusion of sex, but the failure to recognize when and where it's appropriate by people who lack any discretion or discernment. If you want objectivity, you're in the wrong discussion, but the core of the matter is that the subjectivity of people who obsess about sex to the point where they need to dedicate roleplaying games to that topic is likely the last kind of subjectivity you would want to subscribe to when asking the question "How much is too much?"

>When it comes to eroticism in your games do you prefer a more freeform route or do you like to crack out books on the subject?
Freeform, sex and the like is really something you should RP not roll for

>Do you just give it a passing glance or do you go all out with it, introducing magics that impact sex and all?
Depends on the game, any setting with a decent amount of magic in it probably has at least someone using it to get them off

>And at what point do you feel that a game goes from adventures where sex comes up to full on ERP?
When you stop going on adventures and just fuck

>For my group I tend to freeform it all, though I do write up the occasional magical good if it fits the situation or circumstance.
Sounds about what we do

>How about we dig up some of these past threads and look around?

Oh, you've already went off topic. Sad.

Show me your let's play log of what you consider a terrible ERP campaign and your control log with similar tier of players and GM but minus the erotic elements. Then you will have a budding point.

>The issue is not sex, or the inclusion of sex, but the failure to recognize when and where it's appropriate by people who lack any discretion or discernment.

And you were accusing him of that with... zero supporting evidence whatsoever. Not very discerning of you I guess.

>the subjectivity of people who obsess about sex

Uh oh, you did it again! Its like you're reacting to the ghosts of past ERP thread instead of the guy you previously responded to.

That looks like it was drawn by the artist for Vindictus. Such a great style with really good faces.

Fucking hell, why are female warriors so PERFECT. It hurts me every single day that there are no IRL equivalents to them.

Don't even think of mentioning the military prostitutes that pass for "soldiers" nowadays

>Grappler specializing in pins and suffocation
I'll allow it

A little weak, I'd probably include some increase as she levels up

>That spoiler

Aren't you that guy who says that like every other females-in-war thread that pops up? You oughta get a thesaurus or something and mix up the wording.

>female warriors
>no IRL equivalents to them
>military prostitutes are bad

You know that female warriors, especially wealth fixated adventurer types, would almost immediately turn into military prostitutes, right?

>You know that female warriors, especially wealth fixated adventurer types, would almost immediately turn into military prostitutes, right?
I think /a/'s number one rule should apply to traditional games as well: don't apply 3D logic to 2D.

>you will never be a shota travelling with a bunch of milfy women

You seem to be deliberately trying to avoid the point, which is strange.

How about you try following along with what's being said, rather than trying to steer the conversation into a place where subjectivity excuses everything and anything? In that arena, there is no discussion, only you hoping that you can convince people that there is no such thing as a bad idea, the final defense of people plagued by them.

I think the operating factor and part of the appeal is that warrior women seem to, for whatever reason, be implied to protect their own chastity for whatever reason.

But then again female soldiers are usually adherents of a faith that puts value on waiting for sex until marriage; while warrior women are only rarely so (very very very very VERY few D&D or RPG religions, I would say less than 1%, prioritize such).

So logically warrior women would be even more promiscuous and DTF than female soldiers, if there's any difference at all.

>The young, would-be hero, is saved by a sultry, experienced rogue who always fights dirty and never plays by the rules
>Impressed by her strength and skill, the aspiring adventurer is lovestruck
>He follows the woman around like a puppy, offering all kinds of small favors in hopes of impressing her
>The rogue (ab)uses the boy for small tasks she has no interest in doing herself like collecting payments, gathering information and the like
>After a while, the young boy gathers all of his courage and confesses to his savior
>The woman only laughs, telling him that he's just a kid and to come back in ten years
>The young boy runs away, on the verge of tears, unable to face his love again
>He returns ten years later, having grown into a strapping young man
>The rogue rejects him once again, telling him she's "just an old lady" and that he should go for younger, prettier girls
>This time he's more stubborn and resilient than the last time they met
>And they lived happily ever after
tl;dr: Rogue Lock-On

or be a slave to a semen beast

>rather than trying to steer the conversation into a place where subjectivity excuses everything and anything

But user, you're the one who is engaging in sophistry, relativism, and subjectivism, while I attempt, however modestly, to steer you to the path of viewing things logically and not emotionally.

>only you hoping that you can convince people that there is no such thing as a bad idea

I have no stake in that at all, my sole objection was only that you've attempting to equate a guy who said eroticism is a big part of his games, to the ghosts of trollish ERP threads of yore. As mentioned I use virtually no sexual elements in my games.

>>He returns ten years later, having grown into a strapping young man
not /ss/, interest lost

Ignore him, it's obvious he has no intention of arguing in good faith, he's either a troll or an autist

Good idea. As he cannot even try to be objective or honest for one post, I'm not even going to bother reading his reply he's desperately working on.

Barbarian girls are best.

>a guy who said eroticism is a big part of his games
>As mentioned I use virtually no sexual elements in my games

Congrats. I'm going to have to call you insane and wipe my hands of you.