Connected to JackPoint...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Fanciest_of_Dereks_S02E04.mov
>/srg/ tripfags nude pics.7z
>SYSTEM32.sim
>Lofwyr's_Greatest_Secrets.chum5

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'NOT MY FAULT MAN YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running GM.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Geek the mage first
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/cYM6T3ZF
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But we aren't even at page 10 yet...

Thanks for your hard work, as always.

Reposting.

Hey guys, can anyone review my first ever shadowrun character? Its an ork decker, which I know isnt the most optimal, but ive done my best to make him useful. We can char gen using priority only and I had to use priority A on nuyen because of muh backstory so my skills are a bit lacking. Can anyone give me some tips or see if theres something I overlooked?

Also, suggestions on how to spend my remaining 30k nuyen? All books allowed.

Your attribute and skill selections are fine if a little boring and min-max. Keep in mind that you have absolutely no social skills so have no ability to social engineer your way into a facility. That and you have no sneaking or lockpicking abilties so you are basically going to be extremely limited (basically decking).

This tends to be extremely boring for the decker and the rest of the team because you can't do anything that contributes to anything that isn't decking related. Yes you have some combat utility but a cyberarm of awesome and pistol skill isn't enough to make you something other than a liability in combat.

Gear is fairly standard but keep in mind that unless you have middle lifestyle or above you are limited to public grid which sucks for hacking. Upgrade to middle at a minimum and get local grid subscription.

You absolutely want to have some regular ammo because let's be honest you are never going to get replacements for the APDS with your negotiation pool.

Tsurugi is honestly overkill for chargen and can probably be downgraded. You definitely want something better than a metalink as your primary commlink because you want to use it for it's firewall instead of relying on your deck to be the center of your teams PAN.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the ork decker in 5e because you have to spend such a huge amount of resources on cerebral boosters but others will probably disagree.

As a note to the OP of this thread; last thread just hit the bump limit. However, it's going to take a long while for to sink down the board longer now that quests have been banned, especially given that it's Monday morning and there's not going to be a ton of new threads created to give it the final shove off of pg. 10.

You usually have plenty of time between when a thread hits pg. 10 and when it gets removed from the catalogue to make the new general.

>longer now that quests have been banned
No they haven't. Seriously, check the catalog.

ok not banned, but new board, so a matter of time?

I know. This was my first /srg/, so I was nervous and all.

>Make post-it on desktop
>write down filename jokes
>wait as patiently as a dragon for your moment to be right

Should I repost the storytime that I put into the end of the last thread so that more people catch it, or is that a faux pas?

Yeah, I agree with all of this but I guess my problem is I dont know how to spread myself out without cutting into The Thing That I Do too much. The only way to get more points in ettiquette or sneaking is to cut down my decking skills, which already arnt maxed out (only 2 of the 6 are maxed, 2 are at 3 and the other 2 are at 1).

Im going to ask some probably really stupid questions because im brand new and I really dont have anyone else to ask, please answer them if you can.

>isn't enough to make you something other than a liability in combat.

My main goal during combat would be to try to Brute Force and Data Spike enemy weapons and cyberlimbs, and only really shoot if I have to. Is that not a good idea?

>you are never going to get replacements for the APDS with your negotiation pool.

Sorry, im completely new, whats a negotiation pool? Is that like a CHA check to buy gear?

>Tsurugi is honestly overkill for chargen and can probably be downgraded. You definitely want something better than a metalink as your primary commlink because you want to use it for it's firewall instead of relying on your deck to be the center of your teams PAN.
From my understanding with LOG 8 and my main decking skills at 6, my dice pool is 14 before bonuses right? Typically you want your limit to be at half your dice pool right? I just read that somewhere not sure if its true or not. Thats why I went with that deck so I could have a limit high enough to keep up with my dice pool.

The metalink was supposed to just be a burner for emergencies and I was going to use my deck as our PAN, is that not a good idea?

I still have 35k or so left over so I could buy a nice commlink with that to use instead of its worthwhile.

Thanks for the help.

Faux pas. If anyone cares, they can go back and read it.

/srg/, I think I need help.

I've usually been playing various tastes of street sams or deckers. This time, DM asked me to face, since the group is composed of inexperienced players.

Okay, I said, let's go for the shapeshifting adept/ social infiltrator approach. So I tried, and got absolutely flattened by the amount of adept power options. How did I do, /srg/? What powers/ equipment/ skills/ attributes/ qualities should I drop, what should I grab?

>segFault: 'Tell me I'm wrong.'
>segFault: 'TELL ME I'M WRONG.'

I chuckled. Not bad, chummer. Thanks for the writeup.

>you want your limit to be at half your dice pool

Your average hits are ~1/3 of your dice pool. Having your limit be 1-2 above that is normally fine.

>Is that like a CHA check to buy gear?

Yes, but you can oftentimes rely on your face or contacts to handle that for you. When buying stuff after chargen, somebody needs to roll CHA + Negotiation against a number of dice equal to the gear's Availability. Rules for it start on page 416 of the core book.

Second time I've seen that picture. First time was on some russian site.

Ah ok cool thanks for the info! Sorry to be such a pest but I honestly have no one else to ask, can you answer these few questions for me please?

>isn't enough to make you something other than a liability in combat.

My main goal during combat would be to try to Brute Force and Data Spike enemy weapons and cyberlimbs, and only really shoot if I have to. Is that not a good idea?

The metalink was supposed to just be a burner for emergencies and I was going to use my deck as our PAN, is that not a good idea?

I still have 35k or so left over so I could buy a nice commlink with that to use instead of its worthwhile.

Thanks for the help.

What's the limitation that a tradition puts on summoning spirits? The only clear I've the core gives us that you can't summon outside if that. Fair. But can a hermetic mage use a water spirit for combat, for example? How do the spirits feel about it?
Also, the spirits have their own list of spells on their entry, but I don't think any of them have Heal. Is it safe to say that your health spirits have that? And so on for other spirits? Or do those count as Optional Powers?

I'll be perfectly honest, combat hacking is a pretty mediocre option in combat unless you are up against a handful of encounter types.

The reality is that in general that hacking past the firewall protecting people's weapons and cyber is often moderately time consuming and for the most part shooting is a better use of actions in combat.

There are exceptions to this such as any target that you really can't hit/hurt with your weapons (such as mega-armored foes or automatic gun turrets) but they are typically the exception rather than the rule.

This is why I actually think 90% of the "oh no wireless bonuses make you hackable" is bullshit because most of the time shooting someone is better than hacking them

>only really shoot if I have to.

Well, with 16 dice (thanks to the cyberarm) and passable meatspace initiative he's certainly not an incompetent shooter. I think that other user is maybe stretching it. You could get another extra die to your pool by implanting a smartlink rather than using the one in your contacts.

As for hacking vs. shooting, that's really your prerogative. My group's decker tries to stay out of the action most of the time and stick to hacking gear, but last session things went loud and he used his 13 dice and a Light Fire pistol to drop a guard. But in that same combat, he switched back to decking and took over some enemy drones.

Stay flexible and do what feels right. Both paths are useful.

>I was going to use my deck as our PAN

You can get a high-end commlink with a higher Firewall than your deck. That'll offer a little more protection. Commlinks (in the core book, at least) all have firewall equal to their Device Rating, so the Transys Avalon is the usual commlink for those with money to spare.

Neat. I picked it up off a booru, myself.

>shooting is a better use of actions in combat.
Sometimes. But a VR decker gets pretty high initiative (for next-to-no investment) and can generally have the actions to spare. Especially if their meatspace initiative is low, in which case decking improves their action economy significantly.

Ah ok, that actually makes a ton of sense. Im pretty decent with a pistol though, with all my bonuses im looking at:

cyber arm AGI: 9
skill with specialization: 6
smartlink: 2
personalized grip: 1

for a total dice pool of 18 if im calculating that correctly? My physical limit is 6 though, which is pretty bad unless my cyberarm effects that? Im not sure if it does or not.

Awesome thanks for the help

>firewall equal to their Device Rating, so the Transys Avalon is the usual commlink for those with money to spare.

Ah ok that makes sense, so in that case would I be slaving my deck to my commlink? Meaning I can keep the wirewall stat locked to the lowest at all times since the commlink will handle that for it?

Is there anything else I could drop some nuyen on to make myself a bit more versatile? I dont like being a one trick pony but stuff like skilljacks are suuuuper expensive and I cant really find anything else to drop this nuyen on except maybe better armor or something.

First : Cerabral booster's avaibility is (Rating*6), so CB rating 3 has an avail of 18. Chargen max avail is supposed to be 12. You would have to drop to CB rating 2.

>From my understanding with LOG 8 and my main decking skills at 6, my dice pool is 14 before bonuses right? Typically you want your limit to be at half your dice pool right?

You statistically will get 1/3 of your dicepool in hits on average. Having limits of one-half of your dicepool allow you to bank juicy rolls, but might not be necessary.

>The metalink was supposed to just be a burner for emergencies and I was going to use my deck as our PAN, is that not a good idea?

Your deck can slave up to 9 devices because of it's Device Rating of 3, which might be a bit on the low-end. A Transys Avalon can slave up to 15 and has a constant 6 for Firewall, the highest stat in your deck, for a "mere" 5k nuyen.

>Sorry, im completely new, whats a negotiation pool? Is that like a CHA check to buy gear?

Corebook p.418. Getting an item through the black market is an opposed roll of Negociation + CHA [Social] versus the item's Avail.

A point in Demolition could give you some meatworld options, some points in First aid could have you act as a team medic of sorts, but you're already too short on skills.

Considering your good WIL+LOG and WIL+BOD, you should get a look at drugs(CRB p.410). Jazz would make you less of a liability in meatworld combat, psyche upgrade your matrix capabilities.

Oh awesome thanks for the tips, I didnt realize there was a chargen max on avail. Is there anything else you notice on my sheet that breaks the avail max?

I made another reply here

with a few more questions, could you maybe take a look at it? Sorry for all the dumb requests but I really dont have anyone else to ask

Do ejection seats still not have stats? I remember they got left out of Rigger 5.

One last thing, lowering my CB to rating 2 gives me almost 70k to work with, think its worth looking into a skilljack? Some other type of cyberware or bodyware to make me a bit more useful outside of the matrix?

Just install some shaped charges under it.

Not him but you made a few errors:
AGI and skills are fine, however personalized grip only increases the Accuracy stat of your weapon, not your dicepool.
Your Smartlink is also not implanted, so it only gives +1 instead of +2 to the dicepool. Smartlinks also increase accuracy by 2.
For weapons, physical limit doesn't matter, the relavent limit is the Accuracy of the weapon.

>Is there anything else I could drop some nuyen on to make myself a bit more versatile

I don't know how much space you've got left in your arm, but if you shove a Shock Hand in there you get a surprise high-power stun attack that wouldn't take much skill investment to be useful. I think it's a little cooler than the Stun Baton, myself.

Ohhh okay, yeah duh I knew that actually idk why I made that mistake...

>Your Smartlink is also not implanted, so it only gives +1 instead of +2 to the dicepool. Smartlinks also increase accuracy by 2.

I have a smartlink in my contacts, is that not good enough? Do I need cyber eyes with a smartlink to get the full +2 bonus?

That sounds pretty sweet, does that use the unarmed skill? Im pretty skill starved already, idk if I can afford to spend more for something else. Is it useful with 0 in unarmed?

Yeah, it uses Unarmed. I'd just move the Clubs (Batons) skill points into Unarmed (Cyber Implant Weapons) and do it that way.

You could also spend some more nuyen on increasing your cyberarm's strength so you could also use another cyber melee weapon to deal solid Physical damage. Something like Hand Razors or Spurs in a high-strength arm can be very effective.

>Do I need cyber eyes with a smartlink to get the full +2 bonus?
Yep. You have to pay Essence in some way to get +2 from the smartlink. You don't necessarily need cybereyes though, since vision enhancements can be installed in your natural eyes as well.

> I'd just move the Clubs (Batons) skill points into Unarmed (Cyber Implant Weapons) and do it that way.
I dont have a skillpoint in clubs right now, so id have to drop something else important like ettiquette or sneak to take it which ive heard is a bad idea. I think im okay just sticking to the pistol for now.

> can be installed in your natural eyes as well.
Ok so I could just get a smartlink implant into my natural eyes and be good to go?

Is there anything I could do to help with etiquette or sneak with this extra nuyen? Or maybe pick up a skill I dont already have?

Normally id look this shit up myself but it seems like a lot of the good shit is spread out over all of the 10 addon books, and most of them are buried in shitloads of fluff stuff, so even finding an item I know the name of is a huge pain in the ass. Trying to find "item that makes me better at something" over 10 books with no real descriptions or names is pretty much impossible.

> does that use the unarmed skill

Yeah, but remember that if you're attacking an unsuspecting target (surprise bitchslap/ shocking handshake) one hit is enough to zap (or, arguably, in the second example you should hit automatically).

For sneaking - go for ruthenium polymer coating.

Etiquette is harder to buff. If you can afford tailored pheromones, that'd increase your charisma, but it may be an overkill.

>
I have a smartlink in my contacts, is that not good enough? Do I need cyber eyes with a smartlink to get the full +2 bonus?

Either cyber-eyes + smartlink or smartlink implanted in your flesh retinas for 0.1 Ess.

>That sounds pretty sweet, does that use the unarmed skill? Im pretty skill starved already, idk if I can afford to spend more for something else. Is it useful with 0 in unarmed?

You'd have a dicepoll of AGI-1 for defaulting on unarmed, which is still 8 for a backup ohshite weapon. You have plenty of room in your arm, you could get an hidden holster for your pistol or something, I'm not well-versed in that.

Using an active skill requires Skilljack + Skillwires and cost a fucktruckload to be any useful.
Replacing your Jackrabbit with a 4-seater or a Bulldog could also make you a backup wheelman able to get the team from A to B.

I don't know if slaving your deck to your commlink is possible/ a good thing to do.

>the Clubs (Batons)

Fug. I was looking at when I saw those Clubs points. My bad. It's still not bad to have, and you can pick up the Unarmed skill with karma in-play.

Shock Hands can also opt to get +2 dice for a touch-only attack that doesn't add net hits to the damage. Charging could get you a +2 as well, so you can roll up to 12 dice without a skill point in Unarmed.

For skills attached to Physical attributes (like Sneaking, Pistols, Unarmed, etc.), you can buy Reflex Recorder bioware (in the core book) for an extra die. You can have multiple Reflex Recorders, but only 1 per individual skill.

Seems pretty allin on facing. That's okay if you're fine with not contributing much more than Leadership if/when things go loud.

I do think Leadership is underappreciated, though. Jazzing up your Initiative and then using the Rally Leadership action to give extra actions to your whole team is pretty insane.

Oh shit the reflex recorder was exactly what I was looking for, thats perfect, no clue how I missed that.

>ruthenium polymer coating.
The book doesnt really explain what it does exactly, mechanically speaking. is it just up to GM interpretation? Also it is higher than 12 avail so i cant take it on char gen right?

here

Thanks. My go-to plan when things go south is to drop a lubricant-paint grenade and leave through the nearest window. But yeah, it's been hard for me to find points for anything but facey/ breaking and entering stuff. I've been considering dropping locksmithing and sneaking altogether, and hoping that transformating and fast-talking will be enough to get me into restricted areas. Yet if I'm to be the group's sole infiltrator I'd rather not risk it.

If I really have to fight, rather than sucker punch unsuspecting enemy, I hope that edging narcojet/ exploding shots will carry me through.

Grab a rating 4 Ruthenium Polymer Cloak from Hard Targets during gameplay. 16000 nuyen, but it gives -6 dice to all perception tests to spot you if you are immobile, -3 if you are moving.

It removes dice from opponent's pools when trying to spot you, if I recall it correctly.

If you don't want to drop restricted gear on this one, you could always buy Sleeping Tiger suit and then stand still when they're looking fo you.

I like how you bought two of every piece of clothing.

>If you don't want to drop restricted gear on this one,

What do you mean by this? Is there some rule to allow me to buy a limited quantity of restricted gear at char gen? Or just saying if I dont want to use restricted gear on this char?

>The only clear I've the core gives us that you can't summon outside if that
Yup
>But can a hermetic mage use a water spirit for combat, for example
The mage can let the spirit attack them, but (and this is what the description means) they can't use water spirits to help them cast combat spells
>How do the spirits feel about it?
the same as about any other task

Basically it means that if e.g. a hermetic mage wants to use a spirit to help him cast a manipulation spell he MUST summon an earth spirit. The other 4 spirit types can't help him

There is a positive quality "Restricted Gear" that allows you to buy a single piece of equipment at chargen, ignoring its avaibility.

It's pretty costly on karma, though.

You can drop 10 karma aon a quality called "Restricted Gear" allowing you to buy a single piece of gear up to 24 in availability at chargen.

Run Faster p.149, Restricted Gear quality.
10 karma per item at chargen with an Avail of up to 24.

You can get a Chameleon Suit in CRB p.437 which gives +2 to limit/dice pool for Sneaking with wireless bonus. 1700 nuyen, avail 10R. And slap some Thermal Damping on top of it.

Ah shit yeah I see that now. I am already karma starved due to taking skills at such a low priority, no way i can spare any more of it for now. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ok, heres the updated sheet with all of the changes you all suggested. Take a look and see what you think?

aw fuck forgot to get the smartlink in my eyes, fixing...

Ok chummers lemme know what you think?

I did get the local grid subscription, IDK why it doesnt show that in my lifestyle.

Sorry to keep spamming, but heres a better looking version with more detail

ill shut up now, thanks for the help.

I honestly think Intimidation isn't strictly necessary. I might toss those points elsewhere to better fit the faceless disguise master infiltrator plan. (Or max out Leadership with a Rally specialization and basically play a haste-machine).

Alternatively, do a build that dumps nuyen, take In Debt, and Skills A to actually be as versatile as you want to be.

That's how I'd do it, anyway. Gear spending will be tight, but I think having the base skills you need is more important.

In 5e, do the spurits listed in core get any of the new powers listed in Street Grimoire? Because as it stands, none of the spirits can use Quake

I'm going to be running a one shot for my players soon, this is the first time we're playing shadowrun (5e), do you have any tips?

When I ran one shot to my mates we did simple heist in style of GTA V heist. Few preparing missions to get used to the system and then aced the main heist.

So after I recently watched Spectre (wasn't that great) I decided to make a character who was essentially Bond in SR5, complete with the fancy as fuck car, how'd I do?

pastebin.com/cYM6T3ZF

Avoid having anyone play a decker so you can focus on meatspace.

Don't get too mixed up in the astral because even though magic is generally a major element of SR it can be a big distraction to let people use too much astral projection. if you can encourage people to avoid being full mages (sorcery only even though aspected magicians kinda suck) it can also make your life easier.

Really really understand the combat rules.

Run a really simple milk run (or food fight) initially instead of trying to create a complicated boss.

Really be involved in chargen because someone can either be a total putz coming out of priority gen or a min-maxed monster and it's hard to balance encounters with by types in a single party. Personally I prefer less optimized character but your mileage may vary.

Be pretty upfront if you are planning on doing a serious black trenchcoat operators operating operationally game because honestly that sort of campaign requires a major revision in how people tend to think about encounters especially for newbies.

In contrast pink mohawk play styles where the realistic consequences of going into missions hard and loud are minimized is probably going to be much more understandable to people raised on murderhoboing in D&D.

Play the HBS games because they give a good sense of the feel of the game even though the metaplot for 5e is way more advanced than the HBS metaplot in terms of timeline.

Hey, thanks a ton!

Any decent version of Bond is going to be a very high karma prime runner but in general you can definitely simulate a debonair spy with a generic face build with some decent combat abilities like pistols and unarmed even though let's be honest without wired reflexes and muscle toner the average face build is going to get rekted in combat.

And any Bond/Archer build is going to have edge and charisma maxxed out to do the concept justice.

It was mainly a choice between high edge and the car, I ended up picking the car.

>implying that Bond would be caught dead in a shitty hyundai

Eurocar Westwind Master-race

Honestly, user needs to just abuse his Q contact, destroying each heavily modified car that comes out of that shop in a single run.

Nah, go full Taxi. It looks like a shitbox, but accelerates like Sprint missile.

>looks like a shitbox

Do you even Bond?

Meant the hyundai. Nobody expects shitbox to go that fast.

I know. Bond doesn't drive shitty cars to trick people; he drives awesome cars that everyone knows goes fast, and he beats them anyways.

I don't suppose the 5e corebook is available as an audiobook anywhere is it?

How would that even work?

Well not all the tables, examples and shit like that, but the basic rules for combat, casting and whatnot.

No. As far as I know no RPG has an audiobook for it's rules. There's podcasts where they discuss the rules, but no dry reading.

Why would you even want that?

No. You're just gonna have to read it.

Friend of mine recorded herself reading her school books, so that she can listen to them while walking to places. Do the same, but for SR.

Bonus points if you can get Stephanos Rex do the reading.

I don't want to DM Shadowrun any more, /srg/. I want to play it.

We've broken another one, lads.

playing is a lot more fun, but we all must serve our time before the cybermast

Drop your players! What HAD those ungrateful munchkins done for YOU?!

I've got ~11 characters I want to play.
Instead I send them up against my PCs where they die horribly.

I've got 6.

Although I don't mention them as often as you do, one-armed-cowboy, baseball-adept guy.

>Played few sessions of Shadowrun
>breddy good
>buddy GM joins navy, on deployment, can't GM
>none of the rest of my group knows Shadowrun
>start GMing it
>a few other games come and go, another friend mostly runs Pathfinder and M&M, but can't hold a game down
>Shadowrun game continues for about a year, mostly biweekly
>fall into despair, I'll never get to play
>talk to my players about it
>One of them mentions he'd be down for doing it in 2050 historical setting
>now also a player
>everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

Some things that come to mind when I go over the sheet:
You can only spend 7 points on a single contact, so you can't have a CON 4 LOY 5 contact.
Spare burner commlinks might be nice.
You might want more negative qualities to pick up some spare karma to get a few more skills or positive qualities. Some I might suggest are Combat Paralysis, Low Pain Tolerance or Uncouth, just by looking at your character and backstory.
Also, it doesn't say what your Reflex Recorders are augmenting.

You are not alone mate. But I enjoy DMing SR. All the intriguing plots and chances to throw OP enemies at players makes all worth it

Join the ranks of the forever GMs

The bright side is if you are actually willing to run a game online you can pretty much form a group instantly instead of having to wait forever to join a new forming group.

Solution: send all of them against your players at once.

I've never actually played online. I spend too much time in front of computer to be able to get into RP mindset in front of one or so I believe.

Also, you might want to look into the high fashion armor in Run and Gun. The armor ratings are nice and they'd probably fit his look.

s-sorry
In a way, they are, they're all bounty hunters trying to track the PCs down as they race across America in a reality TV show sponsored by horizon.

Clarification: Have them all catch your players at the same time.

I think that would be an almost instant TPK seeing as all of them are made with Sum-to-ten (and a few of the non-PCs are sum to twelve/fifteen)

I don't mind, chummer.

>You can only spend 7 points on a single contact, so you can't have a CON 4 LOY 5 contact.
That an enemy (his CEO father) not a contact

>Spare burner commlinks might be nice.
Got a spare meta link already just for that purpose

>You might want more negative qualities to pick up some spare karma to get a few more skills or positive qualities. Some I might suggest are Combat Paralysis, Low Pain Tolerance or Uncouth, just by looking at your character and backstory.

I was thinking about that but it seems kinda cheesy. I already have about 20 karma from bad rep and a enemy, is more socially acceptable?

>Also, it doesn't say what your Reflex Recorders are augmenting.

Oh yeah weird, its pistols and sneaking, not idea why the sheet doesnt show that

Sounds cool but im flat broke now and those all seem super expensive.

Thanks for all the help!

I was hoping to do listen to it while driving, or doing something else that would prevent me from reading. I'll look into podcasts though, thanks.

Fug.

A novel idea, but it seems like if I read it outloud all to listen to later, that would defeat the purpose of the exercise. I might do it if there's no other option though.

Just hand write them all onto paper, so that you can bring around the paper with you as you travel. Then, while youre traveling, read the paper into a recording device. Then, once you have the recording, listen to it while you travel.

Easy!

Well, you're not going to learn the rules by just listening to someone read them once, especially without all the other stuff like the charts- people who sit down with the book and study it cover to cover still have trouble with the rules. Reading them yourself to record, then listening to the recordings, might help.

>That an enemy (his CEO father) not a contact
Oh, okay. The last sheet you posted didn't note that, sorry.
>I was thinking about that but it seems kinda cheesy. I already have about 20 karma from bad rep and a enemy, is more socially acceptable?
Well, the enemy quality, it turns out, doesn't actually exist in 5th edition. The fact that it's in chummer is a holdover from 4th editing. So taking Wanted or Vendetta from Run Faster is probably the only way to get karma for that, unless you've worked it out with your GM. Standard, you can get up to 25 karma in negative (and positive) qualities.
>Sounds cool but im flat broke now and those all seem super expensive.
If you can get about 2,800 more nuyen by selling some gear, then the Synergyist Business Line plus the Synergist Business Line Longcoat will get you 13 armor and more professional look so you can be armored in respectable places without standing out like a sore thumb. Taking In Debt might help you out a bit with that.

I finally got one of my friends to DM it.

My tinfoil hat decker is ready

I still DM 2 sessions a week on average

oh shit wow youre right, enemy doesnt even exist. fuuuuuuck. Back to the drawing board. Ill cosider the options you suggested as replacements. Ill try to go for the 25 negative karma if it doesnt fuck me over too bad. I have a bunch of nuyen pours into the STR on my cyber arm which honestly is pretty worthless. I could bump it down to 7 str and easily pay for the armor you mentioned, so ill make that change as well.

Thanks for the help

I once had a character who went through 3 jack rabbits in 4 sessions of play.

>playing 3 times a week

>It's been almost a month since I last played
>DM works as a tour guide, it's unlikely he'll be available very often throughout the summer
>If I don't find a job in the next week I get kicked out of my lease and have to move back in with my parents in a different city, and I don't want to cannibalize the group's time even if I can stay

What do y'all think of elemental spells in 4e?
I know, point for point, stunbolt and powerbolt clean house, but can fireballs and shrapnel clouds be useful?

I'm pretty tired of playing the same old traditional utility mage with stunbolts, and wanted to know if a more flavorful character wouldn't gimp things too much.

They're fine, it's just that manabolt/stunbolt being as hilariously undercosted as they are you don't get a 1 for 1 upgrade.

>tfw gonna get a job preventing me to play every other week
At least I'll have a plasma generator, but man working evening shifts seems to suck.