Is ripple a scam coin?

is ripple a scam coin?
how come no one is talking about it on Veeky Forums even though it has 1/20 of BTC market cap
would literally be $500 if there was 21 million of them

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/YGV9zxV
medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d
twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/620089526019616769
oracletimes.com/ripple-xrp-could-ripple-xrp-be-about-to-hit-mainstream-retailers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The reason why nobody talks about it on biz is due to 2 reasons. You can't buy anything with the tokens. (hurr durr ... what fkn what use is it then..?) And secondly it's not got tits and ass attached to it.

It is a buy though. But that's another reason.

No, in fact it's one of the few real businesses being ran by actual adults in the crypto space (I'm looking at you Vitalik, you man child commie faggot). The autists on this board hate xrp because of the Jews but this is one of the best long term holds available. Keep buying shitcoins and stay poor or buy real issues and hold.

i know a lot of people holding ripple. Ripple knows what it is doing. give it time :)

It's not a crypto and will never be used by anyone. AFAIC all the released tokens were sold and support the team. Their product will not use XRP, thus there is no reason for the price to rise.

the price will not go up if no banks use xrp.
All the good news so far only relate to the company (ripple) not the coin (xrp)

>imagine being this stupid.

>Top 5 coin
>See ordderbook
>Whales all over this coin
UGHHHH GUYS IS THIS A SCAM COIN?

Because it already mooned 7000%

If XRP had the same supply as BTC, price per XRP would be ~500$. Considering Ripple's partnerships and use case, do you really think that XRP will not surpass BTC current marketcap in the coming 1-2 years?

It's not mined, thus it's centralized. The team still owns 60%. What will happen when they start selling? They also control the amount of released tokens in the future. I'm not staying it's a scam, but it's definitely not a crypto or a step toward decentralization.

the team will put the 60% coins in escrow, meaning they will be released yearly, without anybody being able to do something about it. it isnt a crypto per se and it isnt decentralized, but it doesnt want to be that. ripple wants to create a fast payment service to do international transactions between banks. its like comparing emails and letters, current international money transfers take a lot of time like letters, with ripple the money takes 4 secs max to transfer, like emails.

Ripple makes it triple

Ripple is not ChainLink or some other shitcoin operation with 2 devs working out of their bedroom. Ripple is one of the most promising fintech start up's currently around with a team of 200 employee's, amongst them industry leading experts.

They have a legit chance to cardinally change the financial industry, is there anyone really stupid enough to think that they would just crash the XRP market?

Because duh joos and muh market cap muh supply hurr durr I don't understand how those work!

What a sack of retarded shit. XRP is the fastest coin in the game, that’s the whole fucking point.

Currently 300 billion coins and they print millions every minute. Total scam.

Ripple holders are the most delusional I've seen on this board.

What? XRP gets burned with every transaction, the supply actually decreases every day dumb fuck.

>Delusional
What other project has the kind of team and partnerships as Ripple?

>autistic shaking
>buying a fucking fidget spinner
GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD! FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

you're actually a retard if you don't think XRP isn't going to the moon in 2018

fucking faggots

The team are freezing 60% of the tokens. They are going to be releasing 1 million tokens each month from now on.

Top 4, I heard. And it's one of the oldest. :)

ripple is boring, that's why. also, fidget spinners.

come and learn about crypto if you're new.
discord.gg/YGV9zxV

Veeky Forums only talks about garbage.
IOTA? was ignored & reviled, then it went 5x.
Ripple is the next 5x and Veeky Forums will ignore it too.

They said technically incorrect shit like
>muh broken ternary
>no security
>retarded devs
about IOTA, yet big corporations are teaming up with them... apparently Veeky Forums is smarter and did more research (that of course couldn't be debunked with 5 minutes of research)

Now they say the same with ripple
>banks don't need XRP to use ripple
>It's not crypto
>supply is too big
Of course this shit also can't be debunked with 5 minutes of research but that won't stop biz from missing the boat again

hahahahaha

i bet 10k ripple this guy was "smart" enough to buy LINK though.
HAHAHAHA

Do we browse the same board? Have you not seen the LINK threads?

Currently iota is centralized.
medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d
Ripple requires a list of trusted validators to work, currently they suggest using the list they've compiled. A centralized list of peers defeats the purpose.
twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/620089526019616769

All crypto must be centralized to scale.
Tell me, how are bitcoin's payment channels supposed to be decentralized?

It costs 1 tx fee to open one channel. to have connections to the whole network you'd need at least 10 maybe 50 channels open. 1 median tx fee is $4 and growing, likely $10 in another year minimum.

Can anyone afford $100-$500 just to open channels?

The only thing that matters is decentralization. Without it we give up any leverage we have against the banking institutions and governments. I don't know if LN will work out but there are lots of coins that scale and promise decentralization. LTC is the most tested and reliable but even Iota could work eventually. Ripple is just business as usual, if it takes off we are still just as exploited and limited by banking cartels.

oracletimes.com/ripple-xrp-could-ripple-xrp-be-about-to-hit-mainstream-retailers/

As dictated by the growing number of mainstream financial institutions embracing the Ripple blockchain, Ripple seems to be the only digital currency which banks are willing to lend an ear of legitimacy. Worse, this trend may now be going to a nation-state level, specifically due to Ripple XRP being the only digital currency given a chair at this years Europan Central Bank Digital Transformations Conference.

I'm here to make money. I don't care about your libertarian paradise. It's not feasible with today's hard drive space or tech. Maybe 10-30 years from now, but not today

Ethereum wants to do sharding, which still requires central coordination. Bitcoin will be centralized, iota & ripple already are.

>LTC
holy shit i spent too much effort on this post already. LTC is exactly the same as bitcoin you mongrel

>here to make money
The only reason cryptos have value is because they can't be shut down. Previous electronic currencies were all shut down. Ripple is a compromise to try to get power back into the hands of the bankers so they can continue to make all the money at your expense instead of you having the power and leverage you can exert with your funds now through crypto.

LTC has short block times, larger blocks and scrypt mining accessible to all + Lightning. It can scale way beyond btc or bch without LN. Confidential transactions are coming soon.

>shorter block times.
2.5 minutes is still an eternity in crypto
>larger blocks
Have you been asleep for the whole block size debate?
LTC is remains unaffected because NO ONE USES IT.
Bitcoin grows at 50 GB per year. That's when it can't handle 1/1000th of the tx volume that it needs to.
If it gets any bigger... guess what those 16,000 nodes that run it will quickly drop to 2000, then 10.
>scrypt mining
proof of work is a hilariously inefficient waste of resources. at least use a proof of stake coin.
>lightning
again, it can't survive decentralized.

It's reliable and decentralized which is what matters above all else including transaction times or tx/sec. PoW is proven and reliable. PoS is like a ponzi, you get money for having money as long as new money is coming in.
>can't survive decentralized
Says you, if you're right it dies, if it works it takes over the world.

ok enjoy your coin, but it's not going to make any real gains.
ripple will go up 100x while ltc goes up 2x because it can't scale.