I read the fluff of Warmachine

>I read the fluff of Warmachine.
>Beginning: The Devourer Wurm is a monster and Menoth our savior!
>Later: Menoth is a tyrant, Morrow is our new god!
>Protectorate of menoth: Pretty much isis.
>I: Wat, At the beginning seemed Menoth friendly?

Every religion seemed friendly at some point.
Maybe except Scientology.

Menoth isn't really friendly. He's like a stern father, who doesn't give out praise, but makes damn sure you follow his rules. Those rules are in place because it's in humanity's best interest to follow them, and when they don't, Menoth just shrugs and turns away. You've made your choice, and whatever consequences befall you are no longer his concern.

That said, the Protectorate takes this to manic extremes. Menites in Khador, for example, are much less zealous and happily live alongside Morrowans. They represent the largest, most organized body of Menites, but not ALL Menites. Even within the Protectorate, there are more forgiving, rational sects, like the Paladins of the Order of the Wall.

Can you really not think of any example better than fucking ISIS?

Seriously, not every theocracy in history or fiction is a bunch of balaclava'd dune coons shitting around Mosul in technicals.

If anything, the PoM are pretty much the Catholic Church as seen through the eyes of Protestants/New Atheists, mixed liberally with a vague Near Eastern, pre-Abrahamic priest-state vibe.

*tips*

Menoth is like the Old Testament God. Sure, he likes humanity and protects them in the afterlife and all, but he can be a real asshole at times and doesn't tolerate uppity humans. Plus the Menite priesthood is pretty much filled with assholes.
Morrow is kind of like Buddha, and seemed to have more luck in finding priests and Ascendants that weren't complete dicks. Hence why the Morrowan faith supplanted the Menites in most places.

Was it not because he did not help against Orgoth?

Zoroastrians. They're Zoroastrians.

>Was like the old testament god

Like there is a new one because of the "new" testament? Its still the same dude, you guys just seems to ignore most of the shit that´s written, because its in your best interest.

Menoth isn't good or evil, he is law.

Running an orphanage or slaughtering non believers could both be seen as acts of supporting Menoth's law.

The old testament god is not the same god that Christians worship. The jewish god is actually Satan and the stories in the old testament have been embellished because he's not almighty like the real God. Jesus was sent to Earth by the real God to persecute jews. In the Bible Jesus works against the jews, but he gets betrayed by Judas (Judas=Judaism). But Jesus won in the end, as he started a religion that follows the real God and nowadays jews are almost extinct (and soon will be).

Can't say I remember much about them beyond being the first ones Islam gave the "convert or die" ultimatum to.

Ok, so Menoth is mostly concerned with two things, keeping the one running, and kicking the shit out of the DW.

So he tends to not pay too much attention to his followers, unless they're doing something wrong.

In fact, he even agreed with Morrow to let the twins watch over humanity in his stead, so long as humans recognized him as their creator, because he can't be assed to pay attention.

This is why Morrow is actually seen as a god by Menites, and not false being. Most Menites are pissed that Morrow has gained so much favor, and they claim that Morrow has subverted the pledge he gave to Menoth.

But Menoth is LN. His follower range from LG to LE. At the start, the Paladins and the Priest Kings were more good aligned: their focus was on building cities and protecting people, while the Scrutators, Menoth's largest LE following, were scorned and ostracized for the work they did.

It's only very recently that the Scrutators have come to power, and only in the Protectorate.

Insider with legion info is up

>Though Vayl 2 has traded in Purification for Chasten and Obliteration for a new spell called Deadly Storm which, after dealing its damage leaves a cloud effect in play for 1 round.

Shepherds still cost 1 point and are FA3. So that's pretty damn nice. Yeah condition is nerfed but for 3 points you get 3 extra fury to play with.

>PoM are pretty much the Catholic Church

Which means they are about a million times worse than ISIS could ever be.

Holy shit man, what are you doing without your Fedora?

Do you want the sheepies to mistake you for one of them? Get it together!

Yeah that's fair IMO. Think of it this way. Warmachine has a handful of solos with Power Booster that are 2 points each (in the current pricing) and they can only give 1 to a jack if it has no other focus.

The Condition rule was always kind of bullshit (and I am a Skorne player). I kind of like the change.

The fuckfaces at PP are all a bunch of 2edgy cunts, so everything that should be good is bad.

What?

Do you really think a thousand years of systematic oppression and torture of people (A lot of whom ostensibly believed the same stuff as the Chruch but simply said the wrong thing in public) could ever be topped by a handful of dudes riding around in jeeps for a few years?

People being scared about ISIS lack any real historical context.

Do you think that an organization as huge and long lived as the church can be judged solely as a single element?

They like fire, and sisterfucking.

Looks like the Legion changes sound better than expected.

I called that particular change to Eyeless Sight eons ago, so I'm while I'm bummed a bit, overall I'd rather that rule take a hit than the power of our stuff.

Proteus change look neat too, and I'm glad the Nephilim are getting a boost.

Summary for those too lazy to read the insider

Eyeless sight no longer lets you ignore forests for LOS, but still ignores clouds, concealment, and stealth. It also makes the model immune to Blind.

Bethayne's new feat: While in her control area, friendly faction warrior models gain Flank: [Friendly Faction Warbeast] for one round.

Lylyth2's new feat gives Gunfighter instead of Snipe now, and she got Soothing Song

Nyss archers are now 8/13

Blighted ogrun got some kind of point reduction and got Tough

Grotesques are an 8/12 unit. They lost a point of def, gained a point of CMD, and are now SPD 7

Scytheans replaced their chain attack with Thresher, now roll an additional die on attacks vs warrior models

Nephilim Protector picked up Guard Dog, Nephilim Soldier picked up Precision Strike

Proteus gained a point of MAT, lost a point of SPD, has a new icon that isn't identified (might be soulless or blood creation since neither of those are on the back of his card). He lost his ranged attack, but his tentacles have Chain Strike to give them RNG 4 during his activation. He has Snacking by default, so his animus has been replaced by one that gives enemy models B2B with him -2 DEF and prevents them from advancing except to change facing. He also picked up Unyielding. Instead of Special Issue Absylonia, he now has Bond: Absylonia. If he's taken in her battle group, he gains Grevious Wounds. He lost a point of Fury, is still Threshold 9, and costs 19 points.

Legionaires and Swordsmen are both 9/15 units, Legionnaires being heavily armored protectors and Swordsmen being fast and hitting hard.

Oh, and also the Shepherd change I mentioned a few posts up.

>sisterfucking

wait what

The only thing that makes me mad about the Legion changes is Bethayn's feat.

Her original feat was just fine and their justification for changing it is dumb.

Her original feat only affected a small subset of units in the faction and meant that she was pretty much mono-list.

Also having flank in a faction with cheap lessers means you can easily trigger it without taking too much space.

Xwedodah marriages are, to the best of my knowledge, nuclear incest. Which would mean that it's not just sisterfucking, but potentially also motherfucking too.

I think a lot of the time the justification of "Times were different" and "we aren't like we once were" is used by people to justify terrible things. In particular, the same themes keep repeating of "oh things are not like they've ever been before, we have to crack down on (X)" when, in reality, those things are typical of the human experience. People just see the time periods they are living through as in hyperbolic terms because it directly effects themselves.

Because of this, I think there are definite themes even throughout long lived societies. People who live under the auspices of a society can do similar things, years apart from one another because the history can be used to justify their actions and, particularly in autocratic societies, culture is kept constant by an aristocracy (or priesthood or economic cabals) that try to maintain a status quot that benefits them.

So you have the Church constantly going back and doing similar things because they look back at ancestors who did it and use the justification "yeah, it was horrible but now is different." They also try to maintain a society in which they can control. I.E. the reason why the bible wasn't translated for so long, to keep everyone indebted to the priesthood whom, are the only ones who could transcribe "gods true word".

Also, to not judge anybody because "the times were different" is just a big sliding scale as well. It's like saying "five years ago, I was a different person, you can totally trust me to pay back your money now" even when History tells you different.

History is the autobiography of a mad man for sure but trying to forget the past by saying "times were different" just causes people to forget that, honestly, times weren't all that different. People do the same shit all the time. If you build a society based around horrible ideals, that society will typically perpetuate those ideals even when individuals in that society object to them.

So... maybe?

Even as a Maximum Synergy Limit Break Overatheist, I know this is stupid and hate that I can't actually tell if you're trolling or just that dumb.

Honestly. Are you actually under the impression that the Catholic Church was a good thing? Or are you simply really eager to try to defend your faith because it is your own?

Because lets be honest here, if ISIS was a Christian movement in the middle east to "create a christian nation" in that region, people would be applauding them and trying to find ways to justify their actions.

The Catholic Church was horrible even to people that believed what they did for hundreds of years. They had a policy of systematic torture that was worse than anything in the modern age by miles for people who simply believed that people should be allowed to read the bible in their own language.

If you legitimately think that the Catholic Church is better than ISIS, regardless of your faith, you are simply being biased. ISIS isn't even as bad as Saddam was, people are just scared of ISIS because it's a thing that's happening right now and they lack context.

So much uninformed horseshit in one post.

>bwaaaa stupid catholics are so horrible for doing the same stuff that literaly everyone else with an ounce of power did in that era.

Look man, I am sorry that you're 5 years old and think everything on the news is the worst thing that's ever happened but the sky is not falling I am sorry to say. Things have been worse before and they will be different in the future.

People have been doing terrible shit for the love of their Gods for a long time and just because your faith has done some unjustifiably horrible shit to innocent people doesn't make YOU a bad person. It just means that you are part of the human race.

>According to actual records the Spanish Inquisition was arguably the most humane court in Europe.[3][4] There are records of people committing blasphemy in secular courts so they could have their case fall under the Inquisition’s jurisdiction. Further, the Inquisition was the first to pronounce Europe’s witch hunt a delusion and prohibited anyone from being tried or burnt for witchcraft.[5]
In comparision to Protestant of the time than burned witches if a women looked at them funny for example. The Spanish inquisition also never did any torture than could maim a prisioner, and never tortured anyone for over 15 minutes, all of this be secular authorities (than had plenty of experience at this at the time). And the Spanish inquisition is the most EVIL thing people atributes to Catholics.

My point was simply that ISIS is in now way worse than the Holy Roman empire was at pretty much any time.

I just hate the hyperbolic nature of people thinking ISIS insurgence are the worst thing that ever was. It's that compared them to the Catholic Church as if the Roman Empire was somehow favorable to ISIS.

I am not trying to justify either.

Your point was to start stupid shit for no gain.

I made a statement I thought was funny. I really don't give a shit if you are that easily offended by it.

I'm not offended by your statement.

I'm offended by your sheer ignorance.

Not just talking about the Inquisition though. People were still executed for questioning the church on a regular basis. Martin Luther was just one of the few who managed to find safety from the Church during a time that anyone in his position would have gone to a "meeting" in Rome and disappeared.

Even by the "humane" standards of the time, the amount of people killed and they way their were killed was horrible by the standards of modern day extremists.

>Even as a Maximum Synergy Limit Break Overatheist
>Or are you simply really eager to try to defend your faith because it is your own?

you're a fucking retard learn to read faggot, the first thing that user said in that post was that they were athiest

the catholic church is single handedly responsible for preserving western civilization throughout the middle ages. any other slights are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. man, i'm an atheist but youre way too fedora for me.

youre some retarded liberal so youre hellbent on destroying western civilization anyway so what can I possibly say to you.

/pol/ pls leave

First rule of Immoran.

There are no good guys.

Came in this thread to try and learn something about Warmachine.
All I've learned is that arguing over fedoras is apparently more interesting than talking about Warmachine.

Thread started out rather horribly. What do you want to know?