Horus Heresy General /hhg/

In The Grimdarkness Of The Far Future There Is Only Australians Edition
How Tarik's internet privileges haven't been suspended is beyond me Sub-Edition
In the last thread there was a ruse about Servatar and the Space Sharks, someone tried to challenge the modern Wulfen's title of being the dumbest thing in 40k with the Centurion, an user posted his Scoria's conversion, an unbeliever doubted the Emperor's grace moved the other Istvaan 3 survivors, we told an user what the IWs are good at, Word Bearer efficiency was questioned, Forge World's bulletin has been updated, and two thirds of every planet in the Imperium really is space Australia plus more in the old bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DawnOfWar/status/727135823540318208
games-workshop.com/en-IE/Citadel-Mouldline-Remover
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Vegemite from the deepest stygian pits of Nocturne

Black Library was a mistake.

>New last stand character or DoW 3 coming out
>30k has only one game
Hold me, brothers, it hurts.
I want to Crudade with you.

Had yet another bizzare HH related dream Veeky Forums
My model for Rogal Dogal had arrived in the mail, I was so excited, for some reason all my family were there like it was a big fucking deal for all of us.
I opened the box, he had a Powerfist, a Combi-Plasma and Terminator Armour, and I was complaining about how they forgot to add the Power Axe.
Do people prefer this parallel dimension Praetorian or not?

Axe good.

Sounds like there may have been an accident in the dream mail.

What's your favourite Primarch model released so far, and what's your least favourite? Bonus points if you explain why.

>Favourite: Horus, for his sense of presence
>Least favourite: Lorgar, because the model lacks dynamism and could have been so much better

holy shit, you can see exactly where the painter gave up on the gold and said fuck it

I agree on Horus, but I am mostly sadfened by Fulgrim.

The alternate sculpt had presence due to that amazing smile, now we have screaming guy number x.

Oooh SOOOO interesting.

Vulkan is my favorite for looking awesome in every form.

Logar's lacking certainly but I think mortarion is my least favorite due to the pose and small head with no gasmask. I can't figure out what mortarion is supposed to be doing in that pose.

Ah yes, the Aleister Crowley Heresy.

Konrad Curze is my favorite, very dynamic. Agree with Lorgar being pretty lame, but I have to agree with the other user about Mortarion being very unfortunate.

Alternate Fulgrim is best Fulgrim. That standard and facial expression is inspiring/10

I think Mortarion is posed as if he's just about to reap a heap of loyalists in a sweeping motion with his fuckhueg scythe. I agree though, shame about the face. If only I had any skill sculpting greenstuff I'd be tempted to see if a grill could be added.

Had to google who he was. kek'd.

>Favourite
Angron, seems very fitting for him, charging forward hacking his way through hordes of enemies.
>Least Favourite
Fulgrim, his face is just so fucking retarded, his pose is fine, but fuck his face. To make matters worse FW already made the perfect Fulgrim model but ditched it for their shitty dioramas.

A helmet would go a long ways towards fixing Fulgrim but the original where he was just posing with a legion symbol and sword seems more fitting.

>>New last stand character or DoW 3 coming out

SPACE MARINES!
TOMORROW, DOW 3 SHALL BE AT OUR DOOR!

twitter.com/DawnOfWar/status/727135823540318208

There better be something 30k related in. Volkite. That's all I ask for.

Whoever made the decision to go for screamy man did not care for art.

Well, the fluid motion is stil cool.

It was all for the sake of his stupid duel with Manus diorama.

Aleister Crowley is pretty much the original source material for Slaanesh cult leaders.

> The moment Horus' soul was cleaned of the taint of Chaos, and he'd realised what he'd done to his beloved imperium before being banished to the retconnian

Hopefully they don't fuck up his daemonic form.

Just buy a Bad Dragon toy and glue Fulgrim's head onto it.

Reeeee

I don't have a favourite Primarch really, but of the current I like Night Haunter the most, as that's a really dynamic pose that gets emotion across, followed by Perturabo, whose model is awesome for the opposite reason, because he doesn't show any emotion besides anger, and his pose screams weightiness over flair. He's just sperg-raging against whatever he's looking at, entirely in character.

Least favourite is Lorgar, followed by Horus, for being bland Emperor-clones, though of the rest of them, I don't think Mortarion and Guilliman were done justice. Mortarion should have had a pose like a cross between Lorgar's and Night Haunter's, and Guilliman would have looked better in a pose a bit more like Fulgrim's.

I don't mind Fulgrim's pose. He looks rather scary and demonic, while also keeping the model workable for pre-heresy. I think he got a better model than Ferrus Manus, though Ferrus' pose is more suitable for depicting him in "generic" combat.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if FW released multiple iterations of the same character's model. Everybody would win, except perhaps FW's pure profit margin, from making two moulds for the same character.

Canon-ify the origins of a certain psyker-heavy chapter, perhaps...?

At least sell banner Fulgrim once, limited amount shebang stuff...

>limited amount
>for a major, book-release, character
Pure cancer.

>Canon-ify the origins of a certain psyker-heavy chapter, perhaps...?
That is equal to volkite in my eyes.

So reading the last bread

>Space sharks are scorned Raven Guard terrans
>Fans always assert the space sharks are Night Lords
>Ashen Claw group is invented
>kill NL and steal their geneseed
>Space Sharks are now NL RG hybrids! Guys! Their so cool!

yet

>Ashen Claws rock red and black and their symbol ain't a shark its a BBQ grill
>They don't wear the polynesian inspired markings
>Ashen Claws are surly and bitter, not loyalists but independent
>Ashen claws all about aircraft and raiding

So how are they space sharks? More likely space sharks are a different pred nomad fleet or the OG terran RG pred nomad fleet split.

I know you're out their NL Space shark guys. The only argument I can see is that anything can happen in 10k years. But that seems weak IMO.

TLDR Ashen claws aren't space sharks - aren't they?

>Horus, because Warmaster (also god tier detailing and scenery - dat base)
>Fulgrim, because invisible blowjob

>Ultramarines character named Rubio
How long until we get a Fists character named Trump, or "Donaldus"?

They're not Sharks. It's a real oddity that Tyberos's claws haven't made an appearance yet.

>Fav is angron - because I can't fault it
>Shit is lorgar - because senior citizen droopy face and static pose

>Fave is Perturabo, for that fantastic model
>Least fave is Mortarion, for that retard face and dumb looking scythe.

I'm of the same opinion.

its a shame about lorgar. He really should come across like the badass, zealot chaos preacher, but he looks like he is waiting in line at the chaos canteen.

He kinda has that look about him, like he is waiting at a buss stop, holding grocery bags, it's pouring down rain and a car just drow by splashing him with mud.

haha. Yeah he looks old and sad. collecting his unemployment being a NEET in the Eye of terror

Such is the life of Lorgar.

Is the Imperial Bunker important if you got a Heavy Support Squad? Does a 60mm base fit onto the higher parapet? Is there a good way to remove the corpses from the base of it, I don't much care for them?

>Limited amount
>Worse than nothing ever

Favourite is Angron because he's about to fuck everything up.

Least favourite is Gullible Rowboat because it's static, it's boring, he looks like a bitch and the roman aesthetic is overdone.

Exactly.

I would really like to know where the meme of the Word Bearers being sub-par in combat compared to other legions comes from. I'm guessing it's just at this point a parrot, though I'm interested if there is any lore at all that asserts this. No, I'm not talking about Lorgar, I'm talking about the Word Bearers as a fighting legion.

If people are mistaking their great crusade performance before Monarchia to be evidence, they weren't bad at fighting - they just spent all their time investing time and care into cultivating extremely loyal and prosperous worlds they conquered. IIRC post-Monarchia their advance basically shot through and almost eclipsed the rest of the legions' achievements.

I honestly just want them to release primarch helmets. I don't own a primarch but I assume regular marine helmets are far too small meaning you can't convert marine helmets into primarch helmets.

Got butt mad and turbo conquered.

Meh, dont care to much for helmets.

There sometimes seems to be an assumption that if a legion's theme isn't fighty then they're bad at fighting. The KSons get this, because they use spacemagic to solve most problems some people assume they can't fight effectively with bolters or knives (for example I've seen people claim speculate they'll be WS and BS 3 when Inferno comes out). Word Bearers seem to be getting the same thing because their unique trait is their faith.

End of the day, all these dudes are still Astartes, and they're still great in a fight because of that.

Of the top of my head, the reason is lorgar PLUS the fact they are never really mentioned as good or feared or anything by the other legions/fluff narrators.

And no reason is really given for this, no obvious flaw.

Night lords are selfish cowards, this is a reason for shit performance. But Word bearers aren't cowards (except lorgar). So then a fan is left with the question, why are they so mediocre?

The obvious answer is they just are.

Tldr Word bearers have shit marketing.

I'm right with ya. I'm waiting for someone to convert pert and replace his head with one of the beep boop robots heads. I think it would look sick.

They're not, the Heresy Word Bearers would tear just as much arse in the field as 40k's Black Templars, I mean they ARE 30k's Black Templars. It's just the crunch does a poor show of conveying it, or rather, their fluff eclipses that character with a louder vibe of satan magic.

What's more glorious than drowning superior warriors in a tide of foaming zealots whose preferred weapon is zeal, that focused brother of hatred?

- that guy who's diabolist channels faith in the man-emperor.

>Fans always assert the space sharks are Night Lords
One guy did it to troll people. Everyone thinks the sharks are RG. Also ashen claws are something other than sharks.

Crusaders aren't fighty?

Guilliman's autistic THEORETICAL and PRACTICAL is shitty compared desu

>except lorgar

This meme is also dumb, origin: him seeking out the truth of deities in the universe after being rebuked(?). Starting a galactic war for the soul of your species takes a lot of guts and conviction, the cowardly thing to do would just be a good cuck and reject divinity for sterile atheism.

Physically? Lorgar was told he'd die if he sought out Corax on the battlefield at Istvaan, and he did it regardless, he fought Guilliman, he's done plenty of man-on-man fighting.

What point levels do you people generally play at?

1500 - 2500 is the going rate in my meta.

>Favorite
Angron, because his model has that perfect pose that makes him an awesome display model as well as a model that looks good on the actual tabletop. Some primarchs like Gulliman and Horus look too posing to fit in an actual game. Angron is the perfect in-between of display and play-ability.

>Least:
Lorgar, fuck that model. The Primarch that is known for his dynamic speeches and passionate nobility had the most bland pose, terrible tier detail compared to the others, and has a sucky display base. Everything that could be done wrong about the modeling of a primarch is embodied in Lorgar. Even "hairdryer in the mouth" Fulgrim has some character to him.

My local meta starts at 2k, but I hardly ever see games at that size. Smallest size you can count on is 2.5k, with 3k and 3.5k the most common. Past 4k is really rare.

ADB didn't write him strong. He wrote him weak for a better story in first heretic. Riddled with doubt and non warlike. IIRC he tried to redeem him in later stuff, but first impressions matter.

I would ask you to find me a source an account where he doesn't come across as mediocre.

>>Fulgrim, because invisible blowjob
what? I'm not seeing it.

Could you find me a quote where I argued he wasn't mediocre? You asserted Lorgar was a coward, he was not - he fought when he had to, he didn't shirk from it.

>Riddled with doubt

Yeah, he just had a reckoning with his god-father and his entire core being was shaken - not cowardly.

>and non warlike.

Not cowardly either - Lorgar is a philosopher-king and orator.

So it's a bit like Anakin in the prequels, where they SHOW us his conflicted personality and fall into villainy, and only TELL us about his personal greatness and relationship histories.

It's like poetry, it rhymes...

Also facing death as a primarch is nothing. Nothing. Sangy went to his death willingly. Curze literally suicided by assassin. Primarchs aren't afraid to die, only fail.

Lorgars refusal to accept reality after his rebuke, doesn't come across as courageous. He spends ages sulking. Then resolves to find better gods. It just comes across weak as fuck.

And then FW gives him the worst model. Lorgar sucks bro.

It's almost like they want you to feel like this.

Anyone here bought some of those shapeways cataphractii pads?
I did, and they have this horrible Ridge thing going on all over them that is fucking with the paint.
Any ideas on how to smooth the damned things? Sand paper isn't really working

In a game where everyone is lauded as amazing, being mediocre is the same as being shit.

But ok if he wasn't a coward how come he didn't go with argel tal on a real pilgrimage. Why send your sons to suffer first? That's gutless. Die for me maybe cause I don't really have faith yet.

IIRC he is shown as weak when facing corax, but its been a while since I read that.

Which legion did you get it for? And give a link.

Do you have metal files? They might give you better leverage for friction than sandpaper.
Else, cut off the offending ridge with a small sharp knife, and then you might have less to whittle down.

>the worst model
Fulgrim would like a word with your cock

Tell him I'm busy. He can stick a medieval torture device up his arse again.

I'm still upset they cut out Horus date raping Fulgrim.

He knows what it's like spending so much time sucking invisible cocks. Must be hard.

>Also facing death as a primarch is nothing. Nothing. Sangy went to his death willingly. Curze literally suicided by assassin. Primarchs aren't afraid to die, only fail.

Alright, not a coward.

>accept reality

Emps is very likely a demi-divinity or god.

>doesn't come across as courageous. He spends ages sulking.

If your entire genetic coding produced by the Emperor is pre-disposed and basically entirely centred around one part of emotional essence Emps got rid of, i.e religiosity/spiritualism, and your father who created you and supposedly is the most knowledgeable Human being in the universe, and he just rebukes you for something he must have 'accidentally' overlooked in his many years of planning and vat-growth, it kind of would be completely against the core of Lorgar's being to just embrace something antithetical to his own existence and most likely inconceivable.

He's not "courageous" relative to any other primarch.

>Then resolves to find better gods. It just comes across weak as fuck.

If you believe truth and spiritualism is integral to the Human condition and must be embraced for the betterment and stability of all, and are willing to quest for true divinity in the universe - divinity the emperor hides from Humanity, doesn't sound weak to me.

>But ok if he wasn't a coward how come he didn't go with argel tal on a real pilgrimage. Why send your sons to suffer first? That's gutless. Die for me maybe cause I don't really have faith yet.
>Also facing death as a primarch is nothing.

I can't remember the exact passage, but as you said, facing death as a primarch is nothing - which he's proven that he wouldn't mind doing.

>IIRC he is shown as weak when facing corax

Physically he contends with Alpharius and another primarch for the bottom bitch in melee, but later on grows powerful enough to stand well enough against Guilliman as well as develop psychic power on the shelf below Magnus - never argued Lorgar was physically tough.

His model is what it looks like when hes trying to suck your invisible cock.

It's a big circular opening I deign to call his mouth. It really does not look good at all. Mortarion might have been a disappointment because no gas mask, dunno wtf they were thinking with that, but Fulgrim's massive open mouth completely turned me off from selecting the EC as my Legion of choice. Otherwise I probably would've built an army of them instead.

It's shapeways pop goes the monkey.
I got DA ones.
It's no so much ONE Ridge, as every surface being like it was roughly cut out of the plastic. Resulting in ridges.
I'm afraid to grind too hard on them less I fuck the details up

Here is a pick.

Thought about buying from him.
This might be a problem...

>Emps is very likely a demi-divinity or god.
My theory is that the Emperor we and all loyal Imperial subjects know and love doesn't actually exist yet...

The Emperor who does divine stuff, from appearing in visions to enacting "miracles", only comes to exist in the 42nd Millennium, and uses the warp magic to perform "miracles" and send people (including himself in the past) visions, in order to make history move in the paths he desired.
Lorgar and the priest in The Last Church both had visions of the Emperor that basically told them to worship him; even though the Emperor in 30k didn't want or understand their worship, the 40k divine Emperor needed to be told how religion worked, and he needed both a founder of both his religion and the Chaos worship that caused the ten thousand years of war.

JUST AS PLANNED

>Emps is very likely a demi-divinity or god.
No he isn't. Even if he was if Jesus came down to the pope, burned down the Vatican, and told the pope to get off his ass, stop worshiping him, and to unite the planet under one banner, do you think the pope would listen to Jesus or try to get everyone to become satanists?

I think it could go either way.

I still think of him as a coward. He has no backbone, is more loyal to the idea of faith then the object of his devotion. He is underhand, and selfish.

>lives since pre-arabo-turkic invasion anatolia from the ancient hellenic era, maybe even earlier
>not an immortal demi-god at the very least

He also has levels in druid. The old Realms of Chaos book said he could enter the lives of plants and animals.

>is more loyal to the idea of faith

He's more loyal to faith as he sees it is the best in Humanity, and if the Emperor is attempting to hide and suppress what he views as Humanity's best trait (functionally and idealistically), he is more loyal to Humanity's interest in that regard, yes.

>He is underhand, and selfish.

Nah.

Also Truth isn't 'selfish' senpaitachi, divine Truth is completely selfless and absent from ego.

I would hold off if this kind of shit is standard fare.
Fuck Damn it forge world HURRY THE FUCK UP WITH THEM BOOKS AND SHOULDER PADS ALREADY.
Also dice.
Take my God Damn money already

Hmm...

I don't know what to do with that desu.

A device that's served me surprisingly well is the Citadel Mouldline Remover. It's a weird implement; it's not much sharper than a nail scissors, and only from a certain angle, so that it gets a flat line of removed edges, rather than possibly leading into chipped pieces of plastic/resin like if you used a knife.

games-workshop.com/en-IE/Citadel-Mouldline-Remover

Unfortunately, it's a bit big for details on that small of a scale, so you will almost certainly have to use an exceedingly sharp knife, or a flat, unbending metal file. A DIY shop will almost certainly have something small, unbending, and sharp enough for that scale of detail.

Unfortunately, I can't get the "feel" for what kind of plastic that is through the computer, so if the problem you're having with this is it flaking off, even when you use an unbending file, I don't really have a solution. Sorry.

That's a surprisingly confusing but accurate analogy.

Still, there are differences between the Emperor/Lorgar history and the history of Christianity.

A better 30k equivalent of that scenario would be if the dogmatically atheist Emperor revealed himself as a god, what would his closest, atheistic, followers, who had seen him act like a non-divine being, do in response to him going totally contradictory to what he had led them to believe.

Lorgar came up with his religious beliefs about the Emperor before he had even met him, and (for some reason) was allowed to continue with them until he was embarrassingly and insultingly forced to recant them by his god in person. He wasn't deliberately going against the Emperor from the outset, and when the Emperor told him he wasn't a god, he accepted that. If anything, he embraced reality more from the outset than any of the atheistic Imperials, and he only acknowledged more of reality than anyone else after the chastisement of the Emperor.

Cool so I guess all Eldar are gods since they can live for thousands of years and are psychically powerful. I guess Lorgar should have worshiped the Eldar all along. The Emperor is just an insanely powerful psyker, that is all he has ever claimed to be.

xenos false equivalency, an insanely powerful psyker sounds godlike in human terms

>He's more loyal to faith as he sees it is the best in Humanity

Then you don't need a real god then do you? Any faith belief system will do. Why court the chaos gods at all? Faith is a method of control, its actually better that there is no god.

The only reason you would need real divinity at that point is because lorgar was weak.

>He is underhand, and selfish

Sending argel tal to find out the truth is weak and selfish. Primarch's lead from the front. And he is underhand because he is too gutless to do anything openly. Corrupts horus through deception etc.

Lorgar behaves like a bitch pretty much every time we see him.

Might just be that it has a lot of details.
Would suck if all were like thatthatwhere else to get dusk raider pads?

>Lorgar behaves like a bitch pretty much every time we see him.
>like a bitch

Answered that here: Lorgar holds Truth and faith as his most important ideals, faith just happens also to be practically very useful.

>Sending argel tal to find out the truth is weak and selfish. Primarch's lead from the front. And he is underhand because he is too gutless to do anything openly. Corrupts horus through deception etc.

He led from the front the entire way there to the pilgrimage, and Argel Tal volunteered for that part iirc. Already answered - not a coward, your entire point is null, he is unafraid to die, and so on.

>And he is underhand because he is too gutless to do anything openly. Corrupts horus through deception etc.
>starts to shout at the top of his lungs just after being rebuked "HEY DOODS KAYOSS IS DA TRUTH SRSLY GUIZE"
>becomes the 3rd primarch and legion to be erased

GG lad, not being completely stupid is underhanded - most revolutions in history I guess too are underhanded and cowardly.

I'm guessing your a girlyman faggot?

>Angron, I love the sense of motion he has
>Mortarion, he just looks awkward

>Lorgar holds Truth and faith as his most important ideals
>Is supposedly all about faith
>Doesn't have faith that the Emperor had a good reason to rebuke him

>the Emperor sends the bluntest message possible that he is not a god
>Lorgar stops believing Emps is god
Seems like he did what the Emperor asked.

>Don't follow religions Lorgar
>Fuck you dad I'm going to worship obviously evil Gods

I mean I can understand people who incidentally fall to Chaos like the World Eaters being bellicose warriors or the Emperor's Children falling to Slaanesh via excess, but what kind of retard actually worships Chaos? It isn't even like Chaos is nice to their followers, they are as likely to give you an inflated saggy ass as an awesome acid blood mutation and more likely to turn you into a spawn than a daemon prince.

Wouldn't acid blood be just as bad? Wouldn't it kill you because the Gods don't care enough to make your insides able to handle the acid blood?

Except Lorgar was right about worship of the Emperor making him and/or the Imperium stronger. Still, I see how the logic could support him just being a loyal fedora instead of going all X-Files and subsequently Cthulu.

>Lorgar, Chaos is evil!
>From my point of view, the Imperium is evil!

Also,

>Chaos gods giving you an inflated saggy ass

Are you telling me the Nutty Professor was a Daemon Prince?

>le Mace Windu reaction face

Say 12 Hail Nurgles and it won't kill you.