Fuck you Legion Edition

Fuck you Legion Edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Insider is up, Legion got some nasty hits, but some neat stuff as well.

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-02-2016

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250192-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-02-William-Shick-Legion-Overview!&p=3494869&viewfull=1#post3494869
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol get fucked legionbabbies

>removed the ability for Eyeless Sight to ignore forests when determining LOS. However, the ability to ignore concealment and cloud effects remain. In addition, Eyeless Sight now makes models that have it immune to Blind.
>Bethaynes feat now reads: Symbiosis: While in Bethaynes control range, friendly Faction warrior models gan Flank [friendly Faction warbeast].
>Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight was also tweaked to better support a more infantry-centric approach to ranged combat as her feat now grants all friendly Faction models Gunfighter, rather than Snipe
>Lylyth 2 also picked up Soothing Song
>the point cost of Legion infantry was redressed and in many cases reduced
>Blighted Nyss Archers, for example, dropped to a low cost of 8/13
>Blighted Ogrun also saw a drop in overall cost and picked up Tough (though like many medium-based infantry, they had their damage boxes reduced from 8 to 5
> Nephilim Protector picked up Guard Dog, better emphasizing its bodyguard role, while the Nephilim Solider gained Precision Strike
>The Scythean became an absolute infantry murder machine thanks to the Murderous ability—which grants it an additional die on attack rolls against warrior models—and replacing Chain Attack: Bloodbath with Thresher
>proteus is 11/18 and MAT 7
>Tentacles have range 2 pow 14 as well as chain strike and pull
>talons are range 1 pow 16
>30 boxes of health
>His bond with Abby gives him grevious wounds
>has snacking and unyielding by default

Is spd 5 now going to be the norm for Legion heavy's?

>Grievous Wounds no longer prevents transfers, but stops repairing now as well

>Doesn't nerf warbeasts
>Scythean gets +1 dice AND thresher VS infantry
>Blind still OP except against circle
>Everything still has flying / pathfinder
>Doesn't nerf fury management
>Can still take enough guys to easily mitigate fury issues
>Legion beasts can't frenzy towards allies anyway
>Buffs infantry
>BUFFS INFANTRY
Yeah haha Legion is gonna be so nerfed this edition HAHA

Losing Bloodbath for Thresher is bad for Scythean's ability to kill heavies, actually. It can no longer get an extra attack for free on heavies/colossals, which hurts it's damage output as well.

And I think you're misunderstanding some of the nerfs here. Legion absolutely hates the change to Shepards, hardcore. It's a real problem for them if they try their current lists.

I like the new Bethayne feat. Seems like it would be interesting with some lights that have reach and some fast infantry.

>Vayl2 traded Purficiation for Chasten, Oblit for Deadly Ground(POW13, lower cost, leaves a cloud effect after damage).
>L2 lost shadow pack, Shredders lost Tenacity.

Question:
Are points totals for the games changing in mk3?
Everything seems absurdly expensive.

Very much looking forwards to using some of my less used beasts though.

Do we know anything about Retribution yet?

I have all of "prime" retribution but the horses. Tempted to get back into the game with MK3

How likely am I going to see colossals? I'm not keen on them.

Yes, average points got doubled so they could more easily tweak models. Particularly low cost models that might be worth more than 2 points but less than 3 points for example.

With warcasters getting much more warjack/warbeast points the likely game size will settle at 75 points.

This thread was harder to find without a subject.

I'm curious what changes Warwitch Sirens will go through. Two things they specialized in was preventing movement with their sword (Errata'd) and giving a focus point to a 'jack that didn't have one, which won't be necessary with the MKIII changes to warjacks. They're currently 2 points a piece and I can't see them being worth more than 3 for a knockoff manhunter with spray attack and seduction.

Also I'm hoping Cylena and her Nyss are gutted in a few months. Way too fucking popular. Let's finally put an end to that Deneghra Merc list.

Power Booster no longer restricted to one focus.

So they can give another focus to a jack.

Hnnnggg

and now for the news..

Morghoul gets his blind ability back on feat...

in other news the feat is now useless vs legion...

So what we know about the pigs? Any good news? Anything at all?

Not really/ not yet based user,
I assume they are going through the main factions first :/
Cygnar next, Skorne, Khador, Circle, Menoth would be my guess

Arkadius can take Goraxes.

Just for the Carnivean chassis.

Dat feeling when you play Ret and don't give a fuck.

At the end of the day they can nerf only Halbardier and Strike Force.

Cyngar's supposed to be one of the last ones.

I can wait. I only want piggies to be cool to play is all.
Wait what. Is he doing experiment with other beings apart of pigs now?

Pigs/Gators are one thing now. Pigs can take Gators, Gators can take pigs.

There was this theme force from NQ where he could take them, they had shield guard as well or someshit. After heavily reworking how theme lists work they gave Arkadius the ability to always being able to take Goraxes.

No.
That is troll level feat and belongs in the light warbeast and ranged weapon faction

Because, you know, her old feat was amazing and people played the shit out of her.

A feat that says "All your infantry are weaponmasters" is a very good feat."

Why does a ranged weapon faction want flank idgi

-4 def is pretty useless on a warlock, I agree.

Well, some warlocks. eLyl is still a bitch and a half.

>>Scythean gets +1 dice AND thresher VS infantry

And loses an extra attack it used to get on heavies, and it loses the option to have all its fury removed by a single Shepard, and it can no longer charge through forests.

It was already an infantry mulcher, and actually lost a chunk of its effectiveness against heavies.

Have we seen her Mk3 card?

Though let's just assume she retains it, because it's likely. So, it will be possible to build a perfect counter with a particular warlock against another warlock's feat. That's not completely unheard of, I think.

But I get it. People like to cry rivers and bitch to no end about astonishingly exaggerated 'problems'. I mean, look at me. Bitching about bitching.

>privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250192-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-02-William-Shick-Legion-Overview!&p=3494869&viewfull=1#post3494869

>2) Bonds now exclusively appear on character warjacks and warbeasts. There are no bonds outside of the ones that appear on character warjacks and warbeasts.

Where were you when eFeora was killed?

And don't forget that unlike the Carni and Ravagore, who lost .5 threat, the Scythean lost a full inch.

That's if her Bond hasn't changed, of course.

source where it says that scythean lost reach?

she no longer has a bond

And I doubt PP would do something stupid like give her field marshal: continuous fire

It doesn't have to boost to hit anymore vs infantry, so it doesn't even need the shepherd in that case. It only really has to spend fury to fight warnouns.

No one said it lost reach, it's math.

It lost a point of speed. Thus it lost an inch of threat.

Carnivean and Ravagore lost an inch of speed, but gained a half inch of melee range.

Please try to keep up.

She has a character jack, and all character jacks will have a bond related to their controller.

I'm sorry but I'm bad at math and thus was unable to take up legion (the most skill intensive faction in the game).
I know that it took 3 everests of skill to edge out a win on the razor's edge with legion, so I hope that with all these nerfs there will also be large buffs

Spotted the troll player

Hes making a dig, both about how some people look at trolls (ranged and lights), and about how useless hes implying the feat is (so bad it belongs with trolls).

I haven't been paying attention, has Privateer revealed any changes to Retribution yet?

Nothing super specific.

Kara Sloan has Field Marshal: True Sight

Oh thank the Ancestors. You focus-users have no idea how difficult it can be to keep old-man-stat warlocks alive with that and anti-magic shit both on the table at the same time.

>Buffing fury
>Nerfing constructs (Warjacks)
Top kek
o
p
k
e
k

legion nerfs are around what I expected except for the spd 5 to our heavy warbeasts, they say in the article "It is a Faction that strikes hard and strikes fast, driving straight for its enemy’s throat in order to tear it out before fading away into the shadows." how is spd 5 supposed to accomplish that? other than that I'm really curious about what they're going to do with shredders now that they took tenacity away from them

Wait- are you certain that "cannot have damage removed from it" doesn't prevent transfers?

I mean, with Slipstream and other speed buffs in faction you still have a good number of threat extensions as long as that doesn't change. On top of that unless Ravagores and Angels change dramatically they both aid that style as well.

Someone on the PP forums confirmed iirc (one of the PP folks, Soles or Schick) I'll try and dig up sauce

A transfer doesn't remove damage. It prevents it and then causes damage to a beast.

It stops all removal of dmg.

Well, I guess it'd be good to see more than one fucking card before deciding that legion lost all of its speed.

As for shredders they were already a bargain with rabid AND tenacity. They will probably get some other animus that isn't quite the same but as long as they keep rabid I don't think it's a huge deal.

inb4 shredders get Rage

I thought the exact same thing, actually.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rabid simply became a 1 cost animus.

per PPS_MrSoles "The entire chassis went down to SPD 5. It was one method to differentiate the heavy land sharks for the faster, lighter winged dragon-beasts."

so really it's 4 cards

And we still no nothing about spells or animi or feats on basically everything.

On Purification
>Technically speaking it now only exists within the Protectorate though other Factions have access to similar spells. We have removed or weakened some of the spells that trivially removed all upkeeps in play.

>if any of you had put a Nephilim on the table at some point in mk2 this wouldn't be happening (no, the ballista-hauler doesn't count)

>legion nerfs are around what I expected except for the spd 5 to our heavy warbeasts, they say in the article "It is a Faction that strikes hard and strikes fast, driving straight for its enemy’s throat in order to tear it out before fading away into the shadows."

With spd 5 and reach, that makes it just as much reach as Cryx's Slayer, which is by no means a "slow" heavy.

And did you miss the spd 7 Grotesques? They used to be spd 5.

Some of those guys look a lot better.

Guard Dog is one hell of a defensive buff for casters, and Precision Strike is very, very useful.

I can't remember what either of those do. I'm guessing precision strike is a pick your column thing?

Yes.

Guard Dog is what the Khador Dog has: as long as it's within 3" of the caster they get +2DEF against melee attacks, no backstrike bonus for attackers, and immunity to freestrikes.

I mean, realistically everything but the Scythean gained a small amount of melee threat and on top of that if those are the only changes to Legion's speed they are by no means slow

Good.
Now maybe the protectorate will have a unified design direction

I was just digging out my models for MK3 and now I'm trying to figure out if maybe the highlights have been lost over time or if I have always been this awful at painting.

user who filled in the holes in the sarong on his Cyclops Shaman thinking they were air bubbles a couple days ago here. Finished the basecoat on him and I'd say that you really wouldn't know, so I'm happy.

Make as well post the front while I'm here. Funny thing about cyclops' is they can see the future, which means this one can predict these dubs

yeah you can't even tell, nice work

How do Hordes players deal with fury managements? I like Gators but I just can't wrap my head around fury as a system. I end up with so many options that I get stumped over thinking. When I play a Warcaster I know what I can and can't do (roughly) and just allocate what I need where.

It looks nice for a basecoat, but I think some of your golds there went on a bit too thick. The details look a little filled in. Unless it's just a shitty sculpt.

Most factions have access to fury management support of some sort even if it isn't great. Gators don't have any fury management that I'm aware of so it is really just about spending that fury when it is worth it. For instance don't use fury to boost damage on every single model under the Spitter's template instead use it to boost to hit and boost damage on important solos or warbeasts and only when it either won't frenzy for doing so or if it could but that risk is important to take out that model. Decisions like that

>be Legion player
>see insider

I'm still feeling good about Mk3. Most of these changes are good and were needed.

Just think man. Soon you might be playing Infantry!

Just think of the sweet Kallus and Lylyth1 armies that are going to be hitting the field.

if you're not a member of the legion facebook group doug hamilton is all over the place mocking the tears and talking up the changes we don't know about, he said there will be a new 'cool and unique' legion solicit coming this month

Mind posting some of the changes?

sorry I meant he's mostly going "stop worrying I've seen what's coming it's good shit", but he did let slip ravagores are getting 4" aoe

Her current feat is awesome if you run double hex hunters for it.

The new one is probably better if you build for it. Assuming the grot assassin stays the same, pair him with a couple of units of cheap, SPD 7 flying stealth models with gang, and run a couple of Raeks, and you have a fucking terrifying alpha strike.

Heya, new player here, havent to play a game yet because nobody plays this game at all. But Heres my 35 pnt skirmish list!
System: Warmachine
Faction: Convergence of Cyriss
Casters: 1/1
Forge Master Syntherion (*6pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Galvanizer (3pts)
* Mitigator (4pts)
* Cipher (9pts)
Clockwork Angels (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
* Transverse Enumerator (2pts)
Eradicators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
* Transverse Enumerator (2pts)
Reductors (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts

On one hand I'm always excited for new stuff, but on the other hand it sounds like PP has a weird fixation for certain Legion units like Archangels and Grotesques that makes me a bit wary.

Way too much infantry. Syntherion basically does nothing for infantry, and does everything for warjacks.

Based on your list, you'd be better off running Lucant or Axis. Both will support the infantry much better.

UA on the Clockwork angels doesn't do much. can't keep up, rerolls aren't super worth it, Angels have no problem with command.

For a base list, I'd lose the Angel UA, drop the Reductors to minimum, and change the Mitigator to a Diffuser With those six points, I'd pick up two Engima Foundries, or a single foundry, a unit of Attunement Servitors, and maybe an ADO.

I'd also wait two months for the new edition to drop.

It's better to think of the Grot solo as a MK3 release that just got released early, rather than an initial release that got followed up when players didn't do anything with it.

Where the fuck do I find fluff stories? Are they all in the expansion books?
I read some showdown between Vyros and Goreshade where Senor Eldritch gloats about stealing Nyssor's powers and his plan to bring Ios salvation before running off cackling with villainous glee, and now I'm confused as to where the fluff exists and how to place it on the timeline.

The books come with a building storyline, released with each book. So from the original books of Mk1 all the way to the current timeline has been one long story. Well, more like several stories in one long timeline.

Yes they are in various expansions as well as faction books or older MkI fiction if you want things like Goreshade fighting Vaeril the Wise/Stealing Voass.

The showdown you referenced happened prior point 1 under the Retribution section for that picture.

I get the wariness, I kind of worry that the faction's moving more and more towards bodyhorror could be to leave the new hordes faction with more of a traditional dragon theme

>Kallus
>Body horror
Joking aside, I'd be happy if, as Everblight gathers strength, his units begin to morph further and further into mutant dragon spawn. I would actually buy into Legion if that happened.

Tell me about House Shyeel, Veeky Forums.
As much as I love the looks of House Nyarr/the Dawnguard, they seem like pretty standard pic related fare. I want to know more about the guys who specialize in the arts of giant robots and fist magic.

Honestly it's just the P3 solid gold being an awkward little bitch.

What do you need to know? Shyeel basically boils down to mages and mechanics. They specialize in force related spells that move things and build the forcefield jacks.

>Arkadius' needle got some nifty upgrades, and he doesn't just stick enemy models with them anymore. I mean, one of his options is to fill one of his own warbeasts with Raw Adrenaline, which reads: If a living warbeast is damaged by an attack with this weapon, all attack and damage rolls resulting from its next basic attack this turn are boosted.

Just curious if there's any fluff regarding their philosophy or subculture. Rahn is the only Shyeel 'caster I'm aware of, and apparently he's a self-centered prick there to claim personal glory - is that all there is to it?

>ravagores are getting 4" aoe
THE. HORROR.

not really up on my elves but gimme a bit and I'll skim through the books for you

If they keep the scather.

Well... Get fucked, Banes.

>that Eyeless Sight nerf
Once again Skorne gets fucked because stupid fucking dragons got too many toys

Houses Nyarr and Shyeel have for years made little
effort to hide their quiet support of the Retribution.
Minor sympathies for Ios’ fringe religious sects are not
uncommon in political circles—many high-ranking nobles
have such leanings. Most houses would draw the line,
however, at agreeing to an open and full alliance with
the Retribution, which is exactly what Houses Nyarr and
Shyeel have recently done. They have even gone so far as
to take the unprecedented step of allocating the majority
of their military assets to Retribution service.
The truth is that these two hallytyr have been more tightly
linked to the Retribution than their peers ever realized.
For decades they have secretly provided both financial
and military assistance to the organization. These houses
decided long ago that true change in Ios would require
extreme measures.
As the political creatures they are, the respective leaders
of these houses have kept their motives to themselves.
These men are not given to zealotry or religious fervor; it is
generally accepted that House Nyarr and House Shyeel back
the Retribution for pragmatic rather than religious reasons.
It is not that their leaders are thought to dismiss Scyrah’s
condition or ignore the gravity of the status of the vanished
gods, but pursuing such lofty mysteries is clearly not their
primary motive for pushing the Retribution agenda.

Those who succeed in leading the cause of salvation will reap
great rewards. The political clout brought by the unquestioning
support of the people could facilitate the transformation of
Iosan society and even the dissolution of the Consulate Court.
This is a gamble to which House Nyarr and House Shyeel
have committed all their considerable resources. Should the
Retribution cause continue to spread among the population,
the other hallytyr may feel forced to follow their example or
be left powerless in the expected new order.