The church is obviously run by crazy people who torch villages suspected of heresy faster than a commissar plugs...

>the church is obviously run by crazy people who torch villages suspected of heresy faster than a commissar plugs guardsmen, but literal demons showing up for all you can rape buffet is so much worse that no one really minds

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cOeKidp-iWo
vice.com/read/why-do-people-keep-getting-in-to-fights-at-chuck-e-cheeses
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what is warhammer 40k.

/thread

I actually thought OP was talking about 40k for a sec and was trying to find a punchline, because this isn't really out of the norm for 40k

Why did the KKK, which historically was as virulently anti-catholic as it was racist, have to ruin the capirote?

Couldn't those dumb hicks have worn something else?

Generally, it's worn to not have the crimes associated with them, well because humans are capable of this weird thing called revenge and it stings like a motherfucker.

>Generally, it's worn to not have the crimes associated with them

That's not what the capirote is worn for at all.

Probably has more to do with how easy it is to make a robe than anything else. Bolt of cloth, needle and thread, pair of scissors.

They've got my vote.

for a one-off boss of a low level instance that's pretty much closed off to one faction Whitemane sure does have a lot of fanart

not that I didn't love her too, mind you

Alliance ran that instance all the time actually. In those days we would suffer the trip for those blues and some class quests even forced you to go even as Ally

>Generally, it's worn to not have the crimes associated with them

Its actually the opposite for catholics, at least originally, its used for penance and to show your humility as it was first used by flagellants during public Acts of Faith. Im sure it serves the same purpose now just without the flagellation.

The Scarlet Crusade was actually a really interesting villainous subfaction. It's a shame they'll never be anything near important. I feel like getting fucked over by the Burning Legion's middle management twice (thrice?) in a row was kind of a waste of the group's narrative potential.

Not even the individual characters associated with it (your Whitemane, your various Mograines) but the faction as a whole.

>Alliance ran that instance all the time actually.

On casual babby PvE servers maybe, scrub.

Not all of us are masochists who think getting camped by max levels while we're trying to relax and play a video game is the greatest experience MMOs can offer.

>muh tension! muh extra challenge!

My ass. Extra tedium is more like it. I joined a PvP server hoping for impromptu battles with players around my level - like running into a player controlled rare - but that was NEVER the reality.

Just trolls trolling trolls. Levellers get ganked then call in backup in the form of counter ganking.

I leveled on a PvP server in vanilla and people mostly left each other alone outside instances. You went to places like southshore or the cities if you wanted to fite.

Bitch all you have to do is get one character to max and then you could counter gank anyone who laid a finger on your alts.

In the early days that might've meant something but post-AQ world pvp seemed to have died down a lot outside places like Crossroads.

I had some fun spontaneous fights with people around my level while questing in cataclysm when half the server never left the cities which reduced faggotry a ton. But then there was always some random epin faggot on their flying mout coming down and to one shot me every other hour. Flying mounts in Azeroth was a mistake.

dumbass hes talking about the kkk, they wore it because they wanted to distance themselves from their crimes. No matter how retarded they pretended to be their actions showed they pretty much could not escape the fact that they where doing something wrong and needed not just a mask, but a ritual to sanatize their evil.

>why did the kkk have to ruin the capirote
>why did the muslims have to ruin the towel
>why did the jews have to ruin the doily
>why did black people have to ruin chuck e cheese

youtube.com/watch?v=cOeKidp-iWo

They wore them because they were an illegal vigilante group operating at a time when the South was still occupied by Northern soldiers. The founder was a confederate general.

Flying mounts in general were a mistake. It works beautifully in certain parts of Outland and Northrend where they abuse the hell out of the verticality, but Jesus I hate them in every other context. I didn't even like them in most of Cataclysm's stuff outside of that one zone that took place on the Earth plane.

Wait, what happened to chuck-e-cheese?

>dumbass hes talking about the kkk

And for centuries before it was misappropriated by the KKK Catholics were using it for the opposite reason.

Catholics can't wear the capirote outside of Spain anymore. It would be like if the Nazis had made the Kippah part of their uniform, ruining it for Jews forever.

>Catholics can't wear the capirote outside of Spain anymore.

They can do whatever they want. Why would anyone who lives outside the USA care what a group that effectively ceased to exist 100 years ago that never operated beyond its borders did?

>>they wore distinctive ass clothing to make them stand the fuck out instead of just regular criminal/gurilla digs to hide their identity
you are retarded

"100 years ago" is like saying "last week" to a European. In this case especially, it doesn't help that they are all both incredibly, casually racist and of the paradoxical opinion that racism is beneath them.

vice.com/read/why-do-people-keep-getting-in-to-fights-at-chuck-e-cheeses

The mask is to conceal identity, the uniform as a whole is to indicate the group. This is not contradictory at all, you dense fucker.

>forever

Meh. People are already wearing Nazi uniforms and praising Hitler in public unironically in certain parts of the world, and in the parts where it was prevalent before WW2 the Swastika never stopped seeing wide use. I'd say in America the Capriote only holds onto it's stigma because we aren't exposed to the catholic usage of it at all, so the only remaining idea of what it is is "the thing that the racists used to wear." The rest of the world doesn't care, and frankly if any of those things made regular appearances in our media at all we would quickly forget what they used top represent.

>The founder was a confederate general
He was. That's why he founded a social club, mostly targeted at former soldiers, to help them adjust to civilian life again, complete with dinners and clown-like costumes, and parades, and fanciful tongue-in-cheek titles like "the high cyclops" and "the grand dragon". A goofy, parody order of masons.

And then the underemployed former confederate soldiers with uniform, identity-hiding costumers started doing exactly what you'd expect people in that situation to do.

Forrest also tried to disband them. That didn't turn out well either.

Why?

> Shitty pizza.
> Screaming kids.
> Beer is the answer.
> Hey, that fact fuck of a kid just pushed my kid!
> Wait, or did my kid push him?
> Well, fat fuck's dad has no business talking to my kid either way.
> Bonzai!

Exactly. As an American, I see one of those and think KKK. But if someone from an actually historically Catholic country thinks that at first glance, you've been watching way too much American media. KKK isn't even like the Nazis, who conquered most of Europe. The group has never existed outside of America, and only really was a national thing in the 1920s.

thats retarded. come up with a hand gesture or wear standardized clothing that regular people wear, or a standardized mask. something that doesn't make you white and stand out as fuck, a cone hat to make anyone be able to see you easier, and doesn't clash with the society they are living in. These aren't riots in the vatican and spain. dressing like this only hurts their cause.

The only reason to do it this way is if it's for other reasons than identity. Disenfranchised people don't blow their dwindling resources on fancy white gowns when they wish to fight something more powerful than them when all they want is to hide who they are.

>in the parts where it was prevalent before WW2 the Swastika never stopped seeing wide use

Even in parts of the world where the swastika is correctly oriented and remembered, people still also remember Nazis. (It took me a while to catch on when my distributor/guide was telling me, "you can buy anything here. See: Cross, Bhuddist symbol, Hitler symbol...."

>In this case especially, it doesn't help that they are all both incredibly, casually racist

Yes, the institution that was canonizing black people a thousand years before anyone even brought slaves to the Americas is as racist as a group of domestic terrorists founded especially to organize the murders of black people. Right.

>something that doesn't make you white and stand out as fuck
It worked abck then because 50 guys could be in the local Klan, and only 3 of them showed up to burn a cross on your lawn. Sure, the organization is crooked, but you can't arrest an organization. So unless you can pick out the exact three guys.... And at this point I realize I'm a small town, deep south sheriff, so to hell with it. File a report.

Most Europeans aren't Catholic. Europeans are the ones who are all racist.

And if you disagree, I encourage you to shave thoroughly, avoid tanning beds, and spend some time in Europe.

>Most Europeans aren't Catholic.

Culturally at least half of them are, if not in practice.

>Most Europeans aren't Catholic
Despite what Germany and the Nu-Western Europe would have you believe, enormous swathes of the world are still very much Catholic, and I say this as a maximum fedora heretic fuck

This. The KKK were originally a fraternal organization for college grads and retired soldiers. The biggest shame to me, was that something so benign and amusing, became a localized terrorism group

>Narazenos
>Girls
Ruh-roh

>Most Europeans aren't Catholic
Of course not!
Only non-whites are catholic, that means catholics can't be racist.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and rape and burn protestant cuckholds.
:^)

>Most Europeans aren't Catholic. Europeans are the ones who are all racist.
What the fuck are you trying to say?

I played alliance on a pvp server just before BC, and Scarlet Monastery was one of my favorite instances. I used to parade in circles right in front of the blimp place and occasionally lured some stupid horde players to the rest of my party.

>ruin the capirote
Only in the USA, user. We enjoy our capirotes annually.