drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Be76uRpj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A bit early, user.

This is the "No Edition" guy.

He has to be an early bird.

Aaaand Raymoo is apparently nonhuman now. Same goes for Marisa and for that frog-girl and any other mostly human character.

Who knew?

Did someone drop the no edition guy on his head when he was a kid?

>frog-girl

Suwako is a goddess.

No, really.

Well. I'll just post this again now and hope people see it right up top and respond. Three people out of 50+ is not too representative of a community. It's for how I'll have stuff work out post-jump in SMT1.

>See, I thought giving you the metaphysical leverage to tussle at that power level, but no direct strength to show for it would be fine, since noone complained about the Harmonizer. But apparently someone convinced DSAnon to remove it, so I have to deal with that now instead of waving it away.

>What I had in mind is: 1. You only keep what you're said to have post-jump. The wacky unspecified power that lets you fight planet and universe busters is gone until you Spark. 2. You do something like Darksiders and face a big challenge in order to Spark and keep everything. 3. You keep your power, but impose SMT metaphysics upon yourself permanently: while you can fight Darkseid or the Anti-Monitor, people such as Batman or Weaver-era Taylor Hebert are now a serious threat to your life no matter your power, as they gains the same benefits SMT humans do when facing you. This one I'm not so sure, due to its implications on Jumpchain meta.

So, what is your preferred way of dealing with rank-and-file goons? Do you eat them, befriend them, light them on fire or what?

If you were to take both Welcome to Hell and It Was Me Jumper! would the Speedster start coming after you before you left the island?

Arrowverse, sorry.

I thought it was fine the way it was honestly.

I think 1 with the option of two is good. Maybe a chance to earn your spark by defeating YHVH and saving Aleph from his fate worse than death? Though I have to wonder what rewards the human classes would get for that.

Mind control them and send them to kill their boss.

Same, but if the poisonous types are going to try and force a change, I'll at least try and mitigate it towards the direction I could live with by voting.

1 makes the most sense.

However if your taking suggestions I thought of another possibility.

You could point out that said planet and universe busters don't actually use planet/universe destroying stuff during fights, and they tend to be the result of complex rituals (for lack of a better term). Which would imply that their planet and universe busting power might take too much preparation to use in a fight. So while their technically planet busters they haven't actually used them against you in a fight do to lack of prep-time. They also seem to have a durability that's far lower than their non-battle offensive power implies.

Link to jump in question?

The one with breasts.

The good girl.

Just shoot them.

Oh, you mean Sanae?

This, seems to be the traditional way of dealing with powers like this.

I vaguely remember her being a living God or something along those lines.

The term used is translated to living god, but it basically just means 'human that got some god powers and might return to being human if they lose the faith that led to getting god powers'.

However she's also descended from Suwako. So she's basically the descendant of a demigod that ascended to become a demigod.

Still while not completely human (unless she loses her god powers) it creates another method besides 'become a monster'.

Although God's depend on human faith to survive like yokai depend on fear.Thus it trades one master for another albeit with less chance of getting eaten but more servitude

Thank you for your opinion.

I suppose I could go with that. Also helps with explaining how guns are worthwhile weapons in the late game.

Me too, if I'm gonna be frank. But just putting my head in the ground any time power levels come up seems dishonest, and now that I drew attention to it I can't back down.

Here's the current WIP. Note that I wrote options 1 and 3 already to have something concrete in case people wanted specifics, with the endjump option being a +0 CP drawback I'll write eventually (if people want it).

Yes, her.

I admit, I feel vaguely ashamed about the fact what the only things I remember about her are frogs, breasts and memes.
True. user just below the post I am replying to got it.

Still, other supernatural humans of some significance pop up from time to time and probably many more more go behind the scene.

Honestly, I think given the shit SMT is dealing with - I think it deserves at least the OPTION of being an endjump.

It deserves the title at least.

You act like there's anything good about endjumps.

No, fuck you, endjumps are a bad idea.

MEGA MAN ZERO (21)
--LOCATION--
Neo-Arcadia
--BACKGROUND--
Wanderer
Male, 20yo
--SKILLS & ABILITIES--
•Combat Analysis (900cp)
•Opportunist
•Scavenger (700cp)
•Ex Skill (100cp)
•Survivor (-200cp)
--GEAR--
•Warning
•Armor Plating
--DRAWBACKS--
•Mercy Invulnerability (0cp)

pastebin.com/Be76uRpj

No, fuck you, endjumps are a good idea.

How about you stop being a nerfherding bitch.

Endjumps lock off content because you whiny fucks can't stand the power level disparity.

>Endjump
I would like to recommend a buffed version of YHVH for the final boss, but that's also a double edged sword for him. Like, he's stronger than he was in canon to account for your nature as a jumper, but if you beat him now,you'll forever banish him from the universe forever, which makes SMT 2's ending completely happy and saves Aleph, plus freeing you from the fear of his revenge. But as a drawback, not the jump itself as an endjump.
I think he meant as an optional scenario, which I mean as well. It wouldn't HAVE to be an endjump, but take the 0+ drawback and you can make it one.

The way you keep using that term makes me think you're a parody. I dislike end jumps too, but you could stand to present this side a little better.

All good things must come to an end, anons. Without the Endjump, where will you obtain the Spark? What is a journey, without a destination?

It is mindless, aimless wandering. Is that what you want? To be forever beholden to an entity that can strip away all that you are, at any moment, for the sole purpose of never having to face the ending of things? Do you believe yourselves so great that you are above the inevitability of time itself?

Someday, all things must end. Even you, Jumper.

After you get your speedster powers.

But user, it is about the journey, not the destination.

Don't bother arguing with them, we get into this bullshit every time endjumps come up.

Apparently the idea of their gravy-train ending is enough to make them start raging.

There is no point to a journey without a destination. To leave Point A without a Point B in mind is foolishness at best and madness at worst.

So do we get in the bag now?

It's sometimes fun to just let go and wander.

What if i'm not taking speedster powers?

Then after the Particle Accelerator blows up.

>What is a journey, without a destination?
The journey IS the destination. You're already there.

Hey, about boosted Primordial Might. You're 'forcing all your energy outwards' to put the shield up, right? So you lose the stat boost from Primordial Might temporarily, the whole time the barrier is up, or how does that work? And can you switch shield types on the fly?

But user, you gotta go fast.

Actually I brought a box. Plastic bags are too comfy for this mood.

I have so many questions and I really dont feel like finding out the answers

Omega Super Speed from X-Men Movies is my speed perk, it starts out faster and has proportional durability based on my speed which I think makes up for the fact that it's soft cap is Mach 30 instead of 40.

On a side note is it likely for that speedster to go back in time and kill my in jump parents before I am born?

So I rolled Time Knight in Sburb. Anyone know what that'd entail?

What about Heart Mage?

It's fairly obvious to anyone who doesn't have a child's innocence that Totally Spies was written to appeal to various creepy fetishes.

So THAT'S why they showed it to kids!

What is wrong with the French.

I didn't know you were a professional "boxer".
France also made Code Lyoko, and thus, the horror that is XANA.

Considering it happened to Barry, when Eobard went back in time to try kill Kid Barry. However he ended up being stopped by Future Flash, and he was stuck there in the past.

anyone know jumps with power limiters besides that bracelet in digimon?

>everything that happened in Brakmar

FRENCH

CHILDREN'S

TELEVISION

At least the IRC links are there this time.

There's a power in Young Justice, a bangle in Monster Hunter, and a cloak in Resident Evil.

There is a perk that protects you from time fuckery and includes a form of plot armor for time travel related nonsense.

Does anyone know where that perk is from?

Narnia and Chrono something, Chrono Trigger? Both have those as capstones, I think.

Alright, how's this:
The jump makes it clear that the wacky outliers won't be a factor during your stay.
The metaphysics for the higher showings of power just aren't there post-jump, so you get what you get and no more.
There is a drawback that makes it an Endjump.

Correct. If you want your superstuff back, you'll have to drop your shield. Yes.

Well, Knight of Time is canon and so is mentioned in the notes. Most of their powers focus around creating closed timelike loops. No ability to change the past, but they can change the near future, if that makes any sense. Like, you couldn't contradict the flow of major events, but you could set up minor things that would cascade to your benefit, like Dave cheating the LOHAC stock exchange, or summoning temporal clones of himself for backup in a fight.

As for Mage of Heart, that's not canon, but Heart is focused around manipulating souls and Mages take advantage of knowledge of their aspect. So a Mage of Heart would have deep insight into spirits, souls and other ephemeral entities, and would use that in some way. Think of what you could do with spirit magic, that's the sort of thing a Mage of Heart would do.

Sounds good-
>Outliers
So Satan, YHVH, Lucifer, and that hydra kaiju thing? Won't jumpers who take the time extension thing have to face them anyway when the Megido Arc shows up?

Narnia that was it, Narnian Time doesn't exactly lolnope time fuckery but it does render it benign.

Knight of Time sounds pretty useless then. Especially since I already have all kinds of pre and 'post' cognition.

The other one I'm not sure of. Depends how violently we're talking.

There's also No Fate But What We Make, from Terminator.

Oh, yeah, Knight of Time is super useless. All the Time classes are. It's the worst aspect. I've said this before, but being the Time player absolutely sucks. You don't get to mess with time, you just get the job of cleaning up when other people mess with time.

In addition to and there's also According to my Records from Drakengard, but that requires going to Drakengard.

Isn't all of this pointless since that Speedster is immune to all of your powers?

Yet more builds!

Jump 71: Spice & Wolf
>Location
Rolled 5--Nyohhira
>Background
Alias: Jane Doe
Sex: Female
Drop-In
>Abilities and Skills
Wanderer's Luck--travelling is always convenient
Currency Master--can predict short-term fluctuations in money matters and forge coins and notes
Kindred of Keynes (both)--be genius at economics, quickly find markets for goods, sense supply and demand, find solutions to large-scale economic problems.
Fluffy Tail--Ears and tails are more appealing, soft, and fluffy.
>Companions
A Friendly Diety--import Chicky as Little God of the North Star
Little God--can grant boons to prevent getting lost
Fluffy Tail--add snowy owl tail to base form
Aesthetic of the Gods--have divine beauty and attractiveness
>Items
Exceptional Wine--dozen bottles of variety of best wine ever had. Refills every month
>Drawbacks
Well Known--known far and wide for fox ears and seven fluffy tails.

Another case of not really knowing what's supposed to happen, so we wing it. It's Chicky's turn to have a special trip with me. Go around with our usual freelance freighter gig, using the conestoga from Generic Western with Hime pulling it again. Also, I'm now an economics genius. Awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Devil Survivor 2 jump have Record Breaker as the Drop-In capstone, which is a middle finger to people trying to reality warp you out of existence? Does that apply to time shenanigans too?
Well, he is, but it would protect you at least.

Jump 72: 007
>Bond
Pay for Sean Connery
>Background
Drop-In
>Skills
Legendary Wit--always have puns ready--your mileage may vary
Gadget Master--trained by Major Boothroyd, can miniaturize and disguise many doodads and creative assassination methods
Road Rage--jump in any vehicle and drive it like a madwoman.
Suave and Sophisticated--everything do looks smooth and classy, always look good, items that denote classiness appear out of thin air.
>Items
Bugs--variety of tracking, listening, and other a/v snoopers.
Bladed Hat--genuine Italian boater hat with wide brim containing a hidden blade.

Honestly my favorite part of this was cockblocking Bond. Answering fake calls from doctors about his "aggressive VD", fake prescription bottles in his belongings, stuff like that. At this point in the chain it's ridiculously easy to go around solving everything with overwhelming force, so I really have to stick to my Rules of Escalation to keep things from being boring.

Jump 73: Archer
>Identity
Drop-In
>Skills
Phrasing--can easily bait others into making sexual innuendoes
Cultural References--vast knowledge of trivia, find and understand references
Kick-Ass Accountant--excellent at paperwork and accounting genius
Engineering--yet another engineering perk because fuck yeah
Mad Biologist--mad biology skillz, plus cloning and abominating
>Gear
Tactlenecks--set of black turtlenecks
A Tonne of Cocaine--there's no way I can get in trouble with this.
Cyborg Friend--Import Chartreuse as kickass cyborg
>Drawbacks
Blown Cover--someone always screws up my cover/stealth like a dick
Bullet Magnet--get shot a lot. Even more than Archer.

Holy shit these guys are all...just...terrible. Terrible spies, terrible drones, terrible...people. Gods. Anyway. Various regeneration perks keep me from getting hurt via the bullet magnet drawback, or just a bunch of assholes with guns. Also go ahead and set up a cocaine network before the whole crap with the FBI/CIA/WGC so we can get rid of it pretty quickly and without half of Archer VICE happening. Also, Chartreuse enjoys having an in-between form that's not her original magic robot or any subsequent purely organic forms. Archer makes a bit of fun of me for sticking with using my heavily-tricked-out Collapsi-bow as my primary weapon, with a pair of M1911's as backups.

Doesn't his immunity to your powers bypass these protections?

And now, everybody's favorite Jump!

Jump 75: Cooking Show
>Origin
Alias: Chef Jane
Drop-In
>Skills
Cabinets and Kings!--cooking skills fit for royalty
Southern Cookin'--lots of skills with Southern meals
Asian--know all best recipes from Orient. Comes with free Hibachi
Oktoberfest--awesome German cooking. Comes with dirndl for Companions
>Items
Magic Fridge--fridge stocked with fresh ingredients, self cleaning and filling, feeds eight people twice daily
Gas Range--Eight burner gas stove with inset griddle
>Setbacks
Test--tend to taste food cooking (like that's a bad thing), metavore prevents fat-getting.

Lots of fun with this nice break. Have a show to give recipes and tips and such from a variety of backgrounds, even having a few Back-to-School specials where I show how to get good healthy food for cheap, with dormitory facilities. Might even have an escalating series where it goes from awesome apartments all the way to "I have ramen and a microwave." Suggest that tasting food is a good idea, so long as you don't go overboard with it.

Without in-jump time fuckery, you can go up to 2039. If you catch a ride to the diamond realm by buddying up with the Heroes, that goes up to 2069. That does infringe into some of SMT2 (and possibly Imagine?) but the actual game starts at 20XX, so likely not. Kuzuryu and Satan probably won't even exist by the time the jump ends, and Lucifer and YHVH won't be a problem unless you fuck up so hard you probably already died. Besides, you can probably stop the Law-based corruption and prevent the Megido Arc from being built in the first place if you stay that late.

Here's the thing.

The Speedster isn't out to kill you, according to Fist's own in-thread ruling after someone caught him trying to game his own drawback. They want to keep you alive so that your Velocity gets as high as possible so that they can drain your shit just before your jump ends.

Last build for tonight.

Jump 76: Lovecraft
>Starting Location
Severn Valley, 1965
>Identity
Drop-In
>Skills and Abilities
Purple Prose--able to speak in Lovecraft's stlye
Multitasker--split attention a dozen different ways without trouble
Super Sleuthing--major buff to deduction and observation, free deerstalker and pipe
>Items and Artefacts
Necronomicon--the Necronomicon, in English, Arabic, and Greek, but won't corrupt user

So I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm fairly certain that's a very Bad Idea in this universe. Mostly I did this for the Multitasking perk. Probably going to go around as a consulting detective that specializes in cases that are labeled as supernatural.

What effects does each demonic sword have?I'm not entirely sure I understand the sentence.

I don't know actually, I mean the perks themselves say that even if your parents died, you'd just be born to different ones or something.
Fair enough.

The user who started this was asking under the assumption that he was not taking the speedster power, I know this because I'm that user.

That one sounds like it would definitely work, where is it from?

Balls if I know at that point, but there's no Velocity growth nonsense so the 'fattening up' bit wouldn't be a consideration.

I don't think it was intended that the drawback be taken unless you went Speedster.

I’d argue not, just because your powers can’t directly affect him does not mean that all of your passive defenses stop working.

One makes people you cut rot to death. One makes them go insane. One manipulates fate so everyone whoever you cut loves dies a horrible death. One shoots sword beams when you swing it.

Also does using up your grace for the body creation completely use it up or does it replenish? Are the extra effects only apply when the small sliver exists or can they be used before that?Can the creations move by themselves or do they require angels or humans?Are giants weak to physical attacks?

Is there a perk that lets you enforce SMT rules when you are facing a extremely powerful enemy?

Devil Survivor has one, but an user ranted about it so it'll probably get removed.

It replenishes. I honestly can't tell what you're asking here, but the creation stuff and the other powers are completely separate. You're making empty bodies, so you do need an intelligent being to put in there. No.

I Just remembered somyhing about Light of Terra, in the super hard mode where you have to keep Cultist Chan alive Without her Chaos protections. If the event described has removed her protections what is stopping me from instantly throwing her into my warehouse and shutting the damned portal before she gets herself killed?

Veridicality, from the Chrono Trigger jump, and Narnian Time. The former has you even change species in order to exist, so long as one of your "recent lineal ancestors", whatever that means, doesn't get killed off, and the latter covers that weakness.

>As for Mage of Heart, that's not canon
Actually, it is. Meulin was a Mage of Heart, but I don't think she ever did anything important and I can't remember if she ever talked about her powers, so I don't blame anyone who didn't remember.

Really? Well, you're right, I don't remember anything about her. I can't even remember which one of the Tumblr trolls she was. Was she...Nepeta's ancestor, maybe? Fuck, I don't know, I tried to put everything about the Tumblr trolls out of my head.

My thanks, I was talking about the whole aura of purity thing after the small aspect of you line

>what is stopping me from instantly throwing her into my warehouse
The rule that you can't keep sentient beings in your warehouse.

Although, that gives me an idea. Depending on your battlefield surgery skills, maybe you could give her a quick lobotomy that leaves her non-sentient, but still technically "alive." It's disgusting, but if you're going for the secret ending then you're probably the type who plays to win.

Ah right, well I am planning to copy Knov's hatsu anyway so I'll just toss her in there.

Won't the Chaos Gods just get bored and not give you the reward that way?

I have some PR perks that would make it exiting if someone watched me paint a fence.

You could also use Genesis from D&D to create a pocket dimension and throw here in there, or shrink her down and put here somewhere safe until the end of the fight, or give her a suit of armor made of the most advanced tech and/or magic you have, or... well, you get the idea. There are a lot of different ways to keep her alive.

Terra Formars sure has gotten weird. Roaches have been breeding like mad apparently.