So what's your favorite 'jack Veeky Forums?

So what's your favorite 'jack Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bKUc6I2m1qo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The imperial titain

Also warmahordes is a trash setting

Why didn't I expect this, bravo user

Avatar of Menoth and it's adorable sword.

Warbeast here, warjacks are a shit.

my nigger.

I like Templars. With Mk3, I will very probably run two of them, and when it comes out, an Indicter. So I can have a wall of steel.

Demolisher for cool

Helldiver for being kawaii

Nomad. Will always hold a place in my heart. No fancy rules, no bullshit, just a sword the size of a sedan meeting your face over and over again.

Nah, that's just the writing. Prose purple enough to make 40k's awful writing look tame.

Which was the point.

I've always loved the aesthetic of Gunbunnies.

Obligatory Cygnarly

This thread is now property of everyone's favorite Jack: ME! Jack Spicer, Evil Genius!

Off

Aww yeah. Watch your butts, roundears.

I wish people at my LGS could just pronounce its name properly. All the 40K cross-gamers have people saying "Im-per-ah-tus" with the typical lilt of GW pig latin.

But that's just Candlejack, not a warj

>they were only pretending to be retarded

Why should I watch my ass, when I have BROCINANTE to do it for me?
Seriously, call me back when you got a 12 ft tall metal guard dog, or if you got a lucrative job offer.

I'll have a favorite Warbeast when they finally put out the Dracodile.

And you pronounce it how?

I can think of 'Im-pee-ra-tus", and that even looks retarded.

That's how it's pronounced you fucking retard. This is why it's imperative to stay in school.

Like Imper AHH tus over Im PEAR atus?

IMP er a tus

That's what I understood too.

Huh.

It's Latin, you drooling mongoloid. Imperatus has the same root as imperative, with verbal emphasis on the "im". Thus "IM-per-a-tus" without drawing out the 'a' sound.
I could be wrong and stupid and the emphasis could be on "per", but it's certainly not on the A you dumb 40kiddo

Im-per-ah-tive

Real latin sounds fucking retarded then, 40klatin is better :^)

>not anglicizing every word

The best Light Jack.

>crtl-F
>"Charger"

Wow. Am I the only one? I haven't played since Mk 1 but my faithful charger always did me good. He may not have been MVP most games, but the guy always won his points back and often pulled some clutch as hell moves (the number of time's Charger caved my friend's Butcher's skull in out of nowhere was hilarious).

>spends focus to boost
>boosts to hit and dmg

It's focus efficient and a great starter jack, it's usually always in my team.

>drawing out all your vowels
>wanting to sound like this
youtube.com/watch?v=bKUc6I2m1qo

>putting emphasis on vowels equals drawing them out
k'-ehk

Sorry mate, that crown is taken. The King of Light jacks is the Renegade.

Too focus heavy for my tastes, it wants three focus every turn to be optimal, best to just give it to jr.
Magnus and his toys are shit,
The only true crown is Laels viva la resistance.

>best to just give it to jr.

Usually what I did with it. They were like a buddy cop team. I kinda wish I hadn't sold those two along with the rest of my Cygnar.

>Llael bros ww@
I always liked that they had their own order of the amethyst rose, that was neat.

Think there's any possibility of a Llael faction or Ashlynn update?

>Magnus and his toys are shit
Double Obliterator has won me more games than Either Magnus' actual Feat. Iron Aggression + Critical Shred is a gamble, but I've wrecked Heavies with it before on account of getting 6+ free P+S 13 hits. Vanguard is a nice jack, but I don't bother with it unless I'm bringing Gastonne.

Priced like a Light, hits almost as hard as a Heavy thanks to Armour Piercing.

Stealth and Pathfinder means he can easily get where he needs to be, and there's very little the opponent can do to stop him unless they brought specific counters.

Can heal himself and steal weapons by eating wrecks, so if the opponent doesn't kill him in one turn, he can bug out and fix himself, or yank a gun off a dead 'Jack and plink away from range.

Gaspy gives him a free move at the end of his activation, making it an absolute nightmare to pin him in place.

The amount of work Cankerworm gets done for only 5 points is insane. The model's great as well. I really hope he doesn't get nerfed too hard in Mk3.

Fynch needs to become a solo at the very least. And I would love to see Ashlynn go epic.

Using "Jacks" instead of the superior vectors, primitives. I suppose you only field one or two of these archaic devices.

Best Warjack. I really wish they had more than one Llaelese jack. Maybe in the fluff for the new edition, Llael will have risen up and become their own kingdom again, and we can have a new line of gorgeous warjacks.

Charger got his own dedicated junior 'caster in my line when i played, it was a surprisingly effective flanking combo.

My favorite Warjack.

I have trouble not fielding this guy.

Say that to my and my 11 Vanguards faces, see what happens!

You double cuck, latin'saccent falls on the syllable before the last(yes there are exceptions,but not this one) it's imperAtus

I mean, so was 40K to start
until they forgot they were pretending.

Deathjack

my left hand

Candlejack Candlejack Candlejack Candlejack Candlejack
See? Nothing happens when you write it. You have to say it. And even if he did appear just now, he wouldn't solve the captcha for me.
>you must be fun at parties
If your idea of a party is a meme as dead as All Your Base, I don't care.

Cygnar may not be as strong, but goddamn are their shenanigans are fun.

off

I really like this guy, but nobody I really enjoy being around plays Warmahordes where im from.

Not even that into Warmachine, but why do you guys ever intrude in other fandoms, seriously, you aren't even the first to make that joke.

this

Well, enjoy that while it lasts, no wreck markers in Mk III.

Meme "humor" isn't about being funny. Its about showing your allegiance to the social tribe through repetition.

You please me

post rare PPs

Syntherion most likely would.

I mean, he's a Synergy caster, 11 light jacks do not scare him.

Likely will pick up the scrap token thing that the Necrotechs are picking up.

Honestly?

I thought that at first. Then I actually read the fluff and found that it was way, way more well conceived than 40K. It's actually full of cool ideas and a huge amount of depth. Llael, one of the minor countries, is probably more well thought-out than the entire Imperium. Which you'd expect, since 40K is supposed to be a kitchen sink setting you can fit anything into.

I hate some of the aesthetics, though. Especially the obviously earlier stuff.

I think it really benefits, setting wise, from being an RPG setting first. It got written to have this entire world built, with lots of background fluff and a solid timeline for DMs to use and have all sorts of adventurers in. So they have that to fall back on, which gives the world a lot of life and flavor.

I honestly like the standard Shyeel jacks more, the Imperatus just feels like a little too much.

If only the Manticore and the Hydra were actually good outside Force Wall.

Definitely.

It's also nice to see a fantasy wargame setting with no orcs, no tree hugging elves, no standard template demons, etc.

> more well conceived than 40K

I agree but that's not really a compliment. I've taken shits more well conceived than 40k.

I'm going to have to stay Stormclad. Because sometimes, you just want ALL the lightning swords.

Yea, Iron Kingdoms has that distinction of being a unique setting that doesn't feel unique for the sake of it. There's tons of good lore and tidbits in the books as well, nice little stuff that adds so much flavor.

It's too bad the devs big story is such a tragedy. Though I've heard their actual story books have been a lot better. I guess the Butcher one won some awards.

Maybe it will get better when they stop trying to write their fluff in the army books, where it's just terrible.

I've wanted to play Iron Kingdoms for some time now... is it any more unique than say D&D/Pathfinder/CoC?

I got more use from pathfinder, armor piercing and affinity than I ever did wreck markers

The original RPG is just a 3.5 variant, built with the SRD.

The new one I have very limited experience with, but when I played it was incredibly gamist. I felt like I was playing the wargame more than anything. Not really a bad thing, but just very specific in scope. I really liked the character creation though, the system they had made it really easy to make super interesting characters.

Know nothing about the Hordes variant of it.

WHAM!

BAM!

SLAM!

I like the stormclad too, especially after watching mine just wreck my buddy's army.

Hi Tony.

This guy is my favorite warjack.

G-gizmoduck?

Comin' for that booty

My favorite is the one with the sword and dagger.

So in warmachine do the rifles fire bullets or balls?

Magic

This beast, because nothing says giant killer zealot robot like torching everything.

Both. Depending on the gun really.

Dudes like Trenchers use paper Cartridges with balls but the IK universe does have proper case bullets they're just expensive and the guns that use them (like the Hellstorm) are rare.

Is also correct though since Gun Mages are a thing.

I actually quite like the newest render of it after realizing it's basically supposed to be a walking cathedral.

Why PP is doing it in a combination of resin and metal I have no idea though, unless they're reusing old parts.

My problem with the flail weapons I've seen from PP is that being in motion makes them look so swift, might be better if they were just hanging down.

Always did find Llael and Ashlynn to be kind of appealing.

Yeah, even if I may not find the setting or aesthetics as yet appealing as 40k's, I'll admit it's much more cohesive for exactly this reason. Just like apparently a lot of solidness that Fantasy had came from having an RPG.

I think the whole you're dudes thing has done some harm in this regard with the writers feeling afraid of putting their foot down and having rules and limitations exists. Apparently Priestly at one point actually had quite a bit written down about Warp travel and how it really functioned, but for some reason it was shot down.

Little of both depending on the gun, balls are probably more common due to being cheaper, while specialized high-performance guns are going to use bullets.

Iron Kingdoms military tech is weird because the nation with a sizable technological lead over everyone else basically stopped development of conventional weaponry in favor of kickass lightning guns.

When neo-techno-tesla-nemo tells you he has a great idea for a innovative power source you god damn well listen.

Well there are demons, but I don't think much is really known about them.

According to one of the writers on PP's forum, some of the writing really suffered because they had to stay within a specific word count and that prevented things like characters actually having a conversation.

Wonder what the rest of the post would have been like if candlejack hadn't come a

/Threa

Clearly some more powerful force is at work here. "You know who" usually doesn't strike until people say his na

That was Seacat, their head writer. He was lamenting the fact that most of their published fluff was part of rulebooks which necessitated a really small word count.

If you read some of the Skull Island materials the setting is explored in a much more fun and entertaining way. The story about the Butcher for example is really good, even if its a bit tropey. When you get away from the larger than life warcaster scenes, that's when the setting starts to really shine. That's even true for stories like Caine's despite the fact that he is a warcaster and he does do some OP shit.