Skitarii Creation table

We had a thread a while ago that was for creating a table for generating a skitarii force that wasn't really finished, so lets pick up where it was left off!

I'll start reposting some of the stuff that was proposed

>Potential Categories

>Type of Forgeworld
>Technology dedication
>Age
>(If from pre-Great crusade) How they were reclaimed
>(If after great crusade) How they were founded
>Omnissiah Cult Beliefs
>Forge world demeanor
>Inventiveness
>What tech do they specialize in?
>Views on Heretechnolgy/Xeno tech
>Loyalty's
>Allies
>Cult Mechanicus relations
>Major product
>Organization of the Forges
>Leadership
>Recruiting methods
>Relations with the Cult Mechanicus
>Skitarii Sentience/status
>Size of the Maniple
>Methods of war/Doctrine
>Glitches(Quirks)
>Deeds of legend
>Infamous Failiures
>Heros and Leaders of note
>Mortal Enemies

Skittarii sentience/status

>Cogs in the great machine (ie drones controlled remotely by techpriests
> Fingers in the fist of the machine god (princeps are sentient and control their squads)
> can't think of a decent name (largely sentient and autonomous with some injuctions and overlying directives from techpriests built in)
>complete autonomy

Composition of the forgeworlds forces

>largely made up of servitors
>skitarii and servitor mix
>Skitarii
>mostly skitarri and some techpriests (ie lighting priests and kastelan controllers from admech book)
>mostly techpriests and some skitarii
>warrior techpriests
> Kastelan robot controllers and their machines

Size of the Maniple

>battle maniple/battle congregation
>war cohort
> there was a formation of admech and skitarii (not the war convo) which i cant find but if somone could it would fit here
>war convocation (note this requires a roll of friendly knight house, if not reroll)

>Forge world types
>1d10
> 1-3 factory
> 4-5 Weapons testing facility
>6-10 exploratory vessel

Inventiveness

>changes in the holy patterns are heresy
>adaptation under duress (one of the forge worlds in the codex is mentioned to have been modifying their onagers in response to a war on their planet, unhappily, because they have no choice but to adapt or die)
>actively seek solutions to design flaws
> try to create entirely new designs (bloody heriteks)

Infamous Failures
>1. Horrific blunder- In some how part due to the Forgeworld's and its maniples incompetence, a vital STC blueprint was utterly destroyed. Whether or not it is truly their fault, it matters not; they carry with them a deep shame for which they will always be looked down upon.
>2. Fallen forge- This maniple is directly responsible for the loss of a critical forge to enemy hands, whether it be from the conniving Xenos or the dreaded hands of chaos. This has hurt the pride of the maniple, and has also reduced the manufacturing ability of the forgeworld over all.
>3. Heretek- Through methods of un-holy science, the maniple was able to defeat a mighty enemy. It was only afterwards were these powers revealed and purged, along with any who had a hand in it.
>4. Death of logic- The Maniples lines were broken through during a Daemonic invasion, scattering as the warp spawn cut through them and those they were charged to protect. Visions of the impossible geometries and horrific forces scarred them, weakening the maniples belief in the unfailing logic of the Machine god.
>5. Broken Mechanism- Through a horrific betrayal, the Maniple was forced to slay its sister forge world, killing off all its spirits, priests and machines, many of whom we're brothers and sisters in the cult. When the maniple left, all that remained were the broken, shattered pieces of those they once held closest.
>6. Horrors of the past- This Maniple was present during the awakening of a major Necron Tomb World. At first what seemed a miracle, turned to a darkest nightmare as their fellows were cut down by beams of pale green light. Escaping with the minimal amounts of data they could, they have never since escaped the emerald glare of technologies true masters.

>Cont.
>7. Recall File: Tyrannis- In a experience not unfamiliar with the ad-mech, a important forge world under the maniples watch fell prey to a Tyranid hive fleet, which left the world a unproductive ruin, its great manufactorums now silent
> 8. Clash of faith- This maniple suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of a Sisters of Battle covenant after offending the honored sisters. Many forges were ruined in their zealot rage, and from now on, the Forgeworld is sure to remember the fine balance of the emperor and the Omnissiah.
>9. Upstart Enemies- In a apalling turn of events, the Maniple allowed a army of the wretched Tau to capture a crucial forgeworld. When the Tau were finally repelled, they found the Machine spirits desecrated, and unwilling to return to the proper bindings of its true masters. In rage, the entirety of the forges were destroyed.
>10. Titans fall- This Maniple was nearly wiped out when during a war against the fell powers, A entire titan legion turned traitor. Death sung from their cannons, and even to this day, whispers tell of the horrors visited upon them by their former brothers, which still hunt them to this day.

Deeds of legend

>the standard killed this, smote that
> discovered new stc template
> saved archeotech from heriteks/xeno's
>defeated an abominable intelligence or deamon engine or other demonic machine construct
>made the bitchinest servitor ever.
>Destroyed a vital enemy weapon manufacturing planet, securing a imperial victory and de
>Established a entirely new forgeworld in the name of the omnissiah
>Successfully modified a prior STC into a brand new pattern, which is now used across the universe
>Crushed a heretek rebellion with such force, that their planet will not be liveable for millenia
>Were able to not only defeat a traitor titan, but were able to fight through it and purify its machine spirit
>After being accused of being heretics for worshipping the omnissiah, the maniple proved their righteousness by holding off a siege from both the soritas and Astartes until their name was cleared by the fabricator general himself.

Glitches i figure should be something like the gene seed problems from the space marine creation tables, with some sort of prerequisite roll to see if you have them.

> there are small power surges in mechanical implants that cause small shocks and can occasionaly lead to debilitating failure of key parts
> your recievers and transievers act up, and you occasionaly your noosphere goes down
> there are flaws in the programing of your targeting scanners, and they are innacurate over long distances
>your skitarri sometimes suffer from the feared blue screen of death, which causes entire maniples to cease to function until he holy rites of resuscitation can be enacted.
>your kastelans achieve sentience (FUUUUUUUUUUUCK)

>Leadership type
1d6
> 1 we are all cogs in the great machine (no one true leader rule through elected or most senior members)
> 2 Only the machine god can truly lead us (ruler is the divine machine god)
>3 just as the machine is tried and proven in battle so must our leader (leaders must prove themselves)
>4 only those of us who have trasended flesh may lead ( leader or leaders are almost entirely machine)
>5 individual cogs must be governed separately ( every part of the skittari is governed by a ranking official who is then governed by another)
>6 Pick two.

Let me think of another chart. Maybe something to do with the bionics?
>1: All bionics. Remove flesh.
>10: Minimal bionics.
>5: You niggas need to find a balance.
>6: Biologis

Recruiting methiods
>1: you are born Mechanicus: only those bred/grown on forge worlds
>2: stewardship of the lesser: grace your knowledge upone those chosen from worlds you connect with [like knight worlds]
>3: balance
>4: Penal Legion alternative
>5: Forced Servitude

>People we make shit for
[[Administratum]]
[[Adeptus Arbites]]
[[Space Marines|Adeptus Astartes]]
Adeptus Astra Telepatica
[[Adepta Sororitas]
[[Adeptus Titanicus]]
Astropaths
Chartist Captains
[[Ecclesiarchy]]
[[Imperial Guard]] from a specific world
[[Imperial Navy]]
[[Inquisition]]
Navigators
[[Officio Assassinorum]]
[[Planetary Defence Force]] of a specific world
[[Rogue Trader]] dynasty
Schola Progenium
Scholastica Psykana

That's it for what was come up with so far. Everything is still on the table, and feel free to pitch as many ideas as you want. Lets try and keep this from getting bloated, however

Bump for community projekt!

Maybe there can be a table for how much structrues the planet has? Like is the entire planet covered in facotries and hives, or is it just a continent, etc

There aught to be one for planet terrain/homeworld type too

Bump for bed

That is a wonderful paintjob. I gotta ask why do skitarii get a fuck up table? No one else has one, why are we hatin on them?

It was suggested in the other thread and had a decent amount of options. We can omit it if everyone thinks it's dumb

I like it, gives more variety.

Do we have a page yet?

Yeah with nothing really on it. Just what was posted ITT unformated

>ecclesiarchy
You sure

bump

Should we add a table for what unit type that are most common? Like are there more Rangers, dunecrawlers, Dragoons, etc than other Skitarii forces?

Well! What if we create a Skitarii Cohort with the tables that have been created so far?

Core unit, yeah. What else is common?

I guess it could show what's missing

We don't really have numbers to roll

Easy enough to add, right?

Alright, we have
>Type of Forgeworld
>Inventiveness
>People we make shit for
>Leadership
>Recruiting methods
>Size of the Maniple
>Glitches(Quirks)
>Deeds of legend
>Infamous Failiures
>Composition of the forgeworlds forces
>Forge world types

Fell free to make suggestions.

Let's start with the type of Forgeworld.

1d10
>1-3 factory
>4-5 Weapons testing facility
>6-10 exploratory vessel

Remember that all Skitarii have the implants and replacements as detailed in the intro to their codex, such as the lack of eyelids, and prosthetic legs.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Still trying to make it a sliding scale. Plus, the more variety the more interesting the result. Not sure where to take the table from there, however

Our Skitarii protect a weapons testing facility.

>Inventiveness

1d10
>1-4 changes in the holy patterns are heresy
>5-7 adaptation under duress (one of the forge worlds in the codex is mentioned to have been modifying their onagers in response to a war on their planet, unhappily, because they have no choice but to adapt or die)
>8-9 actively seek solutions to design flaws
>10 try to create entirely new designs (bloody hereteks)

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Our Forgeworld tests weapons against a number of conditions, and are willing to "rediscover" variations before a critical battle.

>People we make shit for

Four clients
4d30

>1-2 [[Administratum]]
>3-4 [[Adeptus Arbites]]
>5-6 [[Space Marines|Adeptus Astartes]]
>7 Adeptus Astra Telepatica
>8-9 [[Adepta Sororitas]
>10-11 [[Adeptus Titanicus]]
>12 Astropaths
>13 Chartist Captains
>14-15 [[Ecclesiarchy]]
>16-17 [[Imperial Guard]] from a specific world
>18-19 [[Imperial Navy]]
>20-21 [[Inquisition]]
>22 Navigators
>23-24 [[Officio Assassinorum]]
>25-26 [[Planetary Defence Force]] of a specific world
>27-28 [[Rogue Trader]] dynasty
>29 Schola Progenium
>30 Scholastica Psykana

Rolled 7, 8, 3, 30 = 48 (4d30)

So far so good

>Adeptus Astra Telepatica
>Adeptus Arbites
>Adepta Sororitas
>Scholastica Psykana

Pretty cool rolls desu senpai

We test crowd control equipment for the Arbites, small arms for the Sisters, and various equipment for sanctioned psykers.

>Leadership

1d6
>1 we are all cogs in the great machine (no one true leader rule through elected or most senior members)
>2 Only the machine god can truly lead us (ruler is the divine machine god)
>3 just as the machine is tried and proven in battle so must our leader (leaders must prove themselves)
>4 only those of us who have trasended flesh may lead ( leader or leaders are almost entirely machine)
>5 individual cogs must be governed separately ( every part of the skittari is governed by a ranking official who is then governed by another)
>6 Pick two.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

Our leaders have minimal weakness.

>Recruiting methods

1d5

>1: you are born Mechanicus: only those bred/grown on forge worlds
>2: stewardship of the lesser: grace your knowledge upone those chosen from worlds you connect with [like knight worlds]
>3: balance
>4: Penal Legion alternative (Radical techpreists forced to "spend time reflecting on the Omnisiah")
>5: Forced Servitude

Rolled 3 (1d5)

>balance
I feel that was a place holder for an actual option, one that was on the middle ground. Maybe volunteers?

We recruit from the PDF of the nearest worlds, uplifting those most willing and able to fight for the Mechanicus.

1d10
>1-3 Cogs in the great machine (ie drones controlled remotely by techpriests
>4-5 Fingers in the fist of the machine god (princeps are sentient and control their squads)
>6-9 can't think of a decent name (largely sentient and autonomous with some injuctions and overlying directives from techpriests built in)
>10 complete autonomy

Rolled 6 (1d10)

We learn from our past, but we are guided by the rulers of the Forgeworld.

>Size of the Maniple

1d10
>1-3 battle maniple/battle congregation
>4-6 war cohort
>7-9 there was a formation of admech and skitarii (not the war convo) which i cant find but if somone could it would fit here
>10 war convocation (note this requires a roll of friendly knight house, if not reroll)

I'm not sure what the deal is with the third option.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

We are always are prepared for a fight.

>Glitches(Quirks)

1d5
>1 there are small power surges in mechanical implants that cause small shocks and can occasionaly lead to debilitating failure of key parts
>2 your recievers and transievers act up, and you occasionaly your noosphere goes down
>3 there are flaws in the programing of your targeting scanners, and they are innacurate over long distances
>4 your skitarri sometimes suffer from the feared blue screen of death, which causes entire maniples to cease to function until he holy rites of resuscitation can be enacted.
>5 your kastelans achieve sentience (FUUUUUUUUUUUCK)

Rolled 5 (1d5)

Perhaps we fielded our Kastelans too often, or perhaps a Datasmith wanted to give us an edge. In either case, we try to keep the rulers of the Forgeworld from realizing how independent we really are. We can take them down at any time.

I'm going to have to stop here. If someone else wants to pick this up, their free to.

Just found the name for it, I was thinking of the formation cohort mechanicus from white dwarf.

For the third one I mean.

>made the bitchinest servitor ever
UP NEXT ON THIS EPISODE OF "PIMP MY SERVITOR!"

They should have an allies and enemies table as well I presume?

What is it

We sort of have allies already. We still need an enemy one

It's listed up top. Shouldn't we just drag and drop the enemy chart from guards or Knights?

>1-2 - roll on allies
>3-14 - The Orks (alternatively, you may select a particular Waaagh! or Warboss)
>15-32 - The Eldar, Probably one of their Knight Houses (alternatively, you may select a particular Craftworld or leader)
>33-51 - Chaos Knight house!
>52-62 - The Tyranids (alternatively, you may select a particular Hive Fleet)
>63-72 - Chaos Space Marines (you should choose a particular warband, Chapter, or Traitor Legion)
>73-80 - A particular Daemon, Daemon Prince or Disciple of Chaos
>80-87 - A particular Chaos-aligned group (i.e., Traitor Titan Legion, Chaos pirates, renegade Imperial Guard, etc.)
>88-97 - The Dark Eldar (alternatively, you may select a particular Kabal or leader).
>97-100 - Other (choose one force or group, such as aliens (see below) or heretics or a specific cult)

Rolled 77 (1d100)

Rollan

>daemon/daemon host
Seems fitting enough

Can someone fix the skitarii page? It's a real clusterfuck

So from what I'm getting here, we're basically an entire planet of pic related?

That's the point of this thread

Add more tubes and religion, then yeah

And more ninja shit

How should I structure the page? Like the Stormtroopers?

Yea, sounds good

Also, add 4d100 to the table on who they make stuff for

Alright, I'll get to it

What could we do for Omnissiah cult beliefs?
I'd say a five option table with basically a scale from For the Emperor to For the Omnissiah, with maybe a weird or "roll twice" option at the end

I'm gonna pull the trigger and go with it

I'm trying

Could someone help me organize this shit? It's really a mess right now, and I'm not sure what to tackle first or how to do it

I'm keeping this thread alive, damn it!

Holy shit, I just checked the 1d4chan page, and the creator horribly messed up applying the tables, and I don't know how to fix them.

let me see if I can't give it a shot. The ones at the top are all set up alright enough, it mostly looks like he just dumped the tables. It needs to get fucking organized, its a mess.

In the process of cleaning up, this is really barebones thus fair, so its sort of hard to organize

Doing the Emperor's work lads, I thank you.

I'm mostly just struggling with which table goes where and in what order. I have no clue what to go first, but I guess that's what that list was for

A lot of these tables need more work

Alright, I gotta hit the hay. Thanks to the user who made the wiki all nice. Tomorrow, I'd like to buff out some of the rough spots and get some more necessary tables out. Hopefully this thread will still be up

bump

Can you think of any tables that could be added outsid me of the ones ITT.

leadership maybe?
>Matrix connection (hive mind basicly)
>A council
>Dictatorship (The lord fabricator rules all)
>Democracy/republic
>(Somehow the Adeptus Administratium rule this forgeworld as they see fit)

There's technically already a leadership table, it's just under unsorted. I'll add the options that don't overlap though

What are some more forge world classification? We only have three or four

Military forge world a la Cadia?

What, like one that just churns out skitarii. I guess that could work

What would you call it? Soldier world? Is there a precedent in the lore for it?

boomp