Do gods and legendary heroes intermingle with the civilian population in your setting?

Do gods and legendary heroes intermingle with the civilian population in your setting?

What goes on in my setting is my business and my business alone. Why the fuck are you collecting details about everyone's settings anyways?

No, I prefer keeping them separate. I like having churches around as political entities, and if gods walk among us, what purpose would churches serve?

Why wouldn't a godking occasioanlly walk amongst his people to re-affirm his control over them or bless them with his presence?

>wah people want to improve their settings by discussing ideas wah

That's you.

>Last campaign the party met a big guy in armor hanging out at a tavern who invited them over to share a keg.
>And another
>And another
>half way through keg number three they realize they have been partying with an Aspect of War
>bricks are shat
>Finally the warrior man's up and asks what the hell he is doing the release
>"I like the mead here and the Choosers of the Slain know like, five songs that they will. Not. Stop. Singing. Ever. Even a bard who has a broken lute and can't carry a tune in a bucket starts sounds good after centuries of the same five songs. Who wants to play a drinking game?"

Because gods are too cool for that shit

>Do gods and legendary heroes intermingle with the civilian population in your setting?
Intermingle? No not really, they do interact on occasion. More so the heroes than the gods.
You might see a hero passing through a town or on the road in their travels. But as a common person or beginning adventurer, they aren't really going to have much interaction with you.

Meeting a god or having a god pass through your town would be such a massive deal, people would likely talk about it for generations. But it isn't unheard of for it to happen.

read up on how Chinese Emperors were treated.

when they left town, special roads were built in the imperial colour to accomodate the travel.

Taking this, as story. Fucking great.

Nice, good argument. I like that idea

In mine setting Gods are rather not caring about people as long as they pray and believe. (with few exceptions)

On the other hand there is group of peopke that found ancient artifacts few thousand years ago and gained almost total immortality. They are mostly still around, wih few exceptions and deaths. Most social guy is legendary swordman that travel around, do some fun shit sometimes and generally have fun.

Superheroes in my game have secret identities so yeah, they do.

>Pentagon Jr will never bully you at an airport

Well...not so much 'intermingle' on a day-to-day basis, but the (surviving) Heroes of Legend tend to be doing what they've always been doing, which is either a) being Big Damn Heroes, Sir, b) helping the needy/weak/downtrodden/cause-of-the-season, or c) trying to keep their heads down now that their accidental moment of glory is over and done with, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to see a few here and there.

As for the gods, well...For the most part, the gods avoid dealing directly in mortal affairs, leaving the running of governments and businesses and judicial things up to those who have to deal with them on a daily basis. However, there's both a reason I'm using the lower-case pronoun, and why they refer to themselves as 'the Mortal Gods' - because to put that fine point on it, every member of the current Mortal God pantheon was, literally, mortal prior to ascending to their current state and status.

This is not to say the Mortal Gods are the only gods, or the only Gods; simply the ones most likely, if at all, to interact with mortal beings on a direct level, and thus the most approachable of the bunch.

God is my setting are a little different.

I took the Pratchett model, where beings with the potential to be gods are everywhere, but only a few manage to get followers.

The thing is, once the gods manifest, they don't have a whole hell of a lot to do.

One of the key past time for gods is basically "pretending" to be human heroes.
Gods don't really understand humans even though they come from our belief.
They don't have emotions the same ways we do, and think in quite different fashions, so they always seem a bit off to everybody around them.

The thing is, since so many gods like to play human, people run in to them on a semi regular basis.
Gods are powerful (duh) and are highly sought after as allies and party members, but since a god really lacks any sort of insight in to human behavior, they can be strange and fickle friends.

Basically, at any time, something may offend them, and they just walk out of your lives forever, or even worse, they are angered and the whole party starts a promising second career as an ash pile.

For this reason, many gods are feared or mistrusted, even by their worshipers, just because you truly never know what they are going to do.

I think it was a joke, sperg.

>dat bulge

>The gods automated most of their duties and now fuck around pretending to be mortal and developed elaborate hobbies, wrote books and direct movies and video games

>The greatest hero of the age went on to found the worlds first megacorp and spawned a dynasty that lasted over a thousand years and churned out several more epic heroes and one god.

>Aerostar getting in an airplane when he can travel through space and time

Could have gods be on-par with Dark Souls bosses with retainers, knights, and clerics crowding around for protection and favor. They'd make their temples in populated places and lounge about, make them in remote places and cultivate their flock more selectively, or wander the world on their own, spurning followers, being either aggressive towards outsiders or uncaring unless attacked.

Legendary heroes are more like favored knights or servants of these entities, going off to perform errands, make appearances on behalf of the god's authority, seeking to perform deeds of note in their name, or keeping close company with the god. Gods themselves are less wholly elemental and more personable, though also quite alien in nature.

I suppose this would work better for a low-fantasy setting, and these entities might take the place of rulers or be so unconcerned with a kingdom's management that they simply exist as vassals in a ruler's domain, neutral or granting the kingdom their blessing so long as they also receive favor as well.

there's no bulge, you're seeing things

Yes

they walk among us all the time, but we don't perceive them except in altered states of mind or moment of epiphany

To an extent, yes. We're playing a game where the characters are demigods or around that level of power equivalent, so they mingle with the common populace enough that there are demigods or people with power to that degree.

All the gods have a physical presence in my setting, but as a god becomes more powerful they grow more distant.
As such, there a myriad small gods wandering around as just powerful animals/people. They also die a lot as they attempt to gain more power by killing each other, or sometimes just die by accident.

>Intermingle
A few heroes, yes, though they're usually retired adventurers, or in positions of prestige and power within government/secret organizations.
The gods have been banned from interfering with the world at all, after the last big shadow war nearly nuked the entire thing with magic. They still have an agent or two active who CAN do work, but that's the extent. And then there are loopholes, like drawing adventurers into pockets of the Wake to pass on information that would help further their cause down the road, or using an astral/magical projection to do the talking.
My players have met Satan, four dragons that directly serve the gods, and the dude looking to kill the gods. They only know the true identities of the dragons.