Was this any good, Veeky Forums?

Was this any good, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_lions_in_Europe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

The original was better

kek

But it didn't have dryads, satyrs, fauns and talking badgers. Only talking bushes on fire, pretty lame if you ask me familia. Pink nosed kitty God > creepy rings with eyes and wings.

What are you talking about? There's mention of witches and dragons. There's definitely giants, demons, and angels. Enemy gods too and all the crazy shit that shows up in the final battle.

The movie? Meh.Decent. Though I have to admit the sacrifice scene was pretty touching.

The book(s) are good.

You can't foul me, i have read bible comics when i was a child. All the good shit is rarely mentioned, mystical beings are not in the focus / protagonist party. There was a part about a really good necromancer in part 2 though.

Better than the pile of trash that was Prince Caspian. Fuck hollywood and shoehorned romances

Forgot to add one more reason

pretty good reason

What even happened to her?

>Aslan Fixes Everything Except for When Shit Really Hits the Fan in Which Case He Just Ends the World: the Series
Also Calormen literally pulling an "all your base are belong to us" in the final book.

She was in Halo: Forward Unto Dawn about a decade later?

Other than that the whole cast except for James McAvoy kinda dropped off the radar.

Well, hey, he didn't fix everything in Silver Chair.

And he's, y'know, God. He's kinda SUPPOSED to Set Things Right and then hard reboot the cosmos.

Ayup.

But Reepicheep was fantastic. I say that with all sincerity.

I liked the books better, honestly. I mean why the fuck did they make Aslan a fucking lion in the movie? Fuck Hollywood.

I…wait, what?

This post is the worst attempt at bait in the history of Veeky Forums. You actually deserve a prize for being the most retarded sentient being in the entire universe.

Please enlighten us then

Terrible movie. But then I also didn't read the book, so it could have been a terrible book as well.

meh. Good if you want to see medieval fantasy fights. Not good for much else.

Both LWatW, and PC were pretty as hell, with great production values, gorgeous imagery and bitching fight scenes (especially PC), but as movies... I liked the BBC series better.

You replied, that puts it step above the worst bait.

She is canon slut in the books. Corrupted by chads in school she is prohibited from entry to Virgnia.

>implying not picrelated

>no one mentions how based Tilda Swinton was in the movie
I swear, every role she plays, she pulls it off perfectly.

That's because she's never been cast as a human. She's got no frame of reference for that.

Tilda Swinton was good. She always is. The film as a whole is sort of meh. It suffers from being a fairy tale someone's trying to turn into The Lord of the Rings.

It feels to me like there were a bunch of films made after The Lord of the Rings that didn't realise that fairy tales and epic fantasy are two different things. Probably had something to do with Harry Potter. It's like harry potter crossed with The Lord of the Rings probably seemed like really great pitch to studios at the time.

>She's got no frame of reference for that.

Ayyy lmao

eh, african settings never impress me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_lions_in_Europe

The english-talking scout-griffon that had like 2 lines somehow turned me into a furry.

Now that was a good one.

I enjoyed it when I was a kid/teenager, and I suppose that's the objective of the movie. So yeah, it was pretty good.

She's on the CW show "Reign" now.

She looks like a man, senpai

You mean she looks like an elf?

>It feels to me like there were a bunch of films made after The Lord of the Rings that didn't realise that fairy tales and epic fantasy are two different things.

True, also some movies that didn't realise that you don't need a final clash of armies™ every fucking time to make your movies look epic. I mean, in this case of Narnia it was kind of justified since there's indeed a battle in the book, but it's not approached at all like it is in the movie.

Kind of a good thing they never got around to "The Silver Chair", since the whole point of that story was Lewis's cringe-worthy argument against atheism.

In the book, the Lady of the Green Kirtle (a descendant of Jadis; the movie would have undoubtedly made her Jadis herself again), one of the Northern Witches, rules an underground kingdom of gnomes/mudmen who go about their daily lives of lightless, hopeless drudgery. (This is Lewis's caricature of people without religion.)

The Lady (standing in for atheism) tries to hypnotize our heroes, Eustace and Jill, into believing that the underground realm is all there is—they can see the sun, therefore "there is no sun" (metaphor and pun, har har).

Eustace, Jill, and Puddleglum (forgot him: they get a swamp-hobbit this book) snap out of it by deciding that they wouldn't want to live in a world without a sun anyway, and so the actual truth or falsehood, the actual existence or non-existence of the sun, is irrelevant anyway.

That's Lewis's great argument for theism: whether God exists or not, the world would be better if He did, so don't think, just believe—and fuck investigating truth.

>they can see

*can't see

(oy typos.)

But don't they investigate truth by rejecting the statement of the lady (there's no sun)? Even if the motivation for it may be childish.

>That's Lewis's great argument for theism: whether God exists or not, the world would be better if He did, so don't think, just believe—and fuck investigating truth

it's funny but the liberal left uses the same logic to peddle the climate lie

>I swear, every role she plays, she pulls it off perfectly.

Even in films that don't have much going for them, she's pretty fucking amazing.

It's not really about atheism so much as agnosticism.

It's about living a good life, even if you don't know if there is any reward at the end of it or not. Simply because a world where everyone acts in a heavenly way will be better even if there is no heaven itself.

>Green Ronin

The lady was asking them to believe her story without proof.

If anything it goes the other way about.

Horse and His Boy was best book had best waifu

Theres something about this picture that is extremely spooky...

>talking shit about Constantine

It was not the best Constantine adaptation there could be, but it was a damn fantastic supernatural noir.

Constantine was one of those films where you go, well, if you could sort of separate out "what could have been" with "what you got", the "what you got" would've been pretty good. It's just dragged down a little by the unrealised potential, I guess.

Snowpiercer is another film with Tilda Swinton that might be borderline tg-related.

Jesus, that was Swinton?? I never even realised!

Yup. Crazy, huh?

Yeah, silver chair was pretty shit. Except for Puddleglum. He was awesome.

It's honestly one of my favorite books in the series.

The bit with the giant's feast was fantastic. Where the trio find out they've not been eating animal but Animal.

>"'One word, Ma'am,' he said... 'One word. All you've been saying is quite right, I shouldn't wonder. I'm a chap who always liked to know the worst and then put the best face I can on it. So I won't deny any of what you said. But there's one thing more to be said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things--trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Supose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones. Suppose this black pit of a kingdom of yours is the only world. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that's a funny thing, when you come to think of it. We're just babies making up a game, if you're right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world which licks your real world hollow. That's why I'm going to stand by the play-world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. So, thanking you kindly for our supper, if these two gentlemen and the young lady are ready, we're leaving your court at once and setting out in the dark to spend our lives looking for Overland. Not that our lives will be very long, I should think; but that's small loss if the world's as dull a place as you say."

I'm going with Puddleglum, you can stay with the witch.

Hell, if not in constant search of better world, what do we have? Banana fucking in an ass, that's not so amazing.

>Banana fucking in an ass, that's not so amazing.

Are you having a stroke user

That and, you know, the overwhelming evidence.

Don't take the b8, m8

discrediting your enemies with the sledgehammer of the.media you bought isn't evidence user, but I understand integrity, facts and evidence are alien concepts to bern victims

It's pretty bad bait, frankly. You can't even tell what he was implying "the climate lie" is supposed to be. On the one hand, the "liberal left" thing sort of points to the "lie" being that climate change is real. But on the other hand, the method he says they use to argue for it is "it would be better if it were true, therefore it is true", which doesn't fit. It would be worse if climate change were a thing.

I give it a 2/10. To dumb to be effectively antagonizing, but mind-boggling enough that it got a reply.

ALRIGHT NIGGERS, IT'S TIME
>BEST BOOK
>WORST BOOK
>WHY?

The Bible does have satyrs. No talking badgers, but it does have talking snakes, donkeys, lions, bulls, and eagles.

All I know is that it didn't have the stats for God. Or for Ra either. Bummer.

You have to admit though that as a selling line "You read the book, now play the game!" was brilliant.

She truly is one of the best both female and actors in general of our time.

>best book
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Awesome story with very imaginative worlds and an ever interesting narrative
>worst book
The Horse and His Boy.
Boring as fuck

nice digits

It is inevitable result of atheism, just believe me.

>best book

Dawn Treader or Silver Chair

Worst is Magician's Nephew, although I liked it

Every time I see her in a film, I'm always left wondering why she isn't in more films. I'm not a huge fan of the Doctor Strange comics, but I'm looking forward to seeing her in the film.

No badgers, no read, sorry.
Btw my love for talking cute anthropomorphic animals was born from Narnia, not Disney. When i educated myself about what is furfaggotry and that i am one by definition, but all "other" people sexualise animals i understood that there is no god. Yiff in hell, fucking furfags. Talking badgers are not for sexual.

because she's a hideous hybrid of human and ayy

Best is Dawn Treader, because Reepicheep.

Worst is Last Battle. Seriously, fuck that book.

>Best
A Spell for Chameleon
Kind of sillier compared to the rest of the series but I liked it.

>Worst
A horse and his boy

Horse and his boy was my favourite although dawn treader came in second. Worst was the magicians nephew followed by the silver chair.

About satyrs. As far as i know bible literally demonised greek nature spirits. The were not benevolent in mythos to begin with, but bible antifiguratively made them satan. Bible worldview and setting is to binary. It is a shame that greek spirits are underrepresented in fantasy, i think that centaurs, fauns, satyrs and others would seamlessly integrate in TES Oblivion for example.

A spell for what?

>It's pretty bad bait, frankly. You can't even tell what he was implying "the climate lie" is supposed to be. On the one hand, the "liberal left" thing sort of points to the "lie" being that climate change is real. But on the other hand, the method he says they use to argue for it is "it would be better if it were true, therefore it is true", which doesn't fit. It would be worse if climate change were a thing.
At a guess the "climate lie" could be the idea that everything will be fixed if everyone just gives their money and votes.

But it's more likely just retarded bait.

He's referencing the first book in the Xanth series. As a joke, I assume.

Charmander

You talkin shit bout Tilda?

Your quints are spooky.

>She will never play Sanguinus in the 12 hours opera you wrote

It would be so cool and eerie to watch movie with all the ayyspawn actors. Tilda, Benedict, Defoe, Buscemi, throw in some dwarfs and giants, maybe Perlman. What movie will be about? I don't know.

Yes. Yes I am.

let me spell it out for you if you can stop sucking cocks

"climate change" is an unprovable, nonexistent myth you bern victims cling to to try and destroy modern society because OH NO THE LITTLE ANIMALS or some bullshit

We are supposed to accept without any proof this conspiracy and it is,used to shape policy

A mysterious invisible, unprovable bogeyman supported by blind faith to support untenable, illiberal policy and demonise those who like observable fact

its "being better if it were true" is very.much the case if your campaign.platform is based on undermining truth and integrity

I'll take Puddleglum's (and Lewis's) "childish argument" over hollow, lifeless cynicism any day. Atheism offers nothing save an empty hole in place of your heart and your conscience.

Don't forget about banana up you ass

That's one way to get your potassium intake, I guess.

>What movie will be about?
Victorian era "urban fantasy" about Fey and changelings, obviously.

>implying decades of records aren't observable

>read Last Battle
>world ends because a chimp wanted to play God, a bunch of horses got sniped by a bunch of dwarves, and Narnia was destroyed offscreen.

And then Aslan takes the kids to his Heaven and implied no evil could exist there.
Know who else thought that? Manwë. Cue MUH SILMARILS.

It would be really really cool.

Eustace (Will Poulter) has been in quite a few things, most recently the Revenant.

Hell yes. WIllem Dafoe would make a great goblin king-esque crime boss with Buscemi as his underling. Swinton is some kind of frog-like noblewoman employing the gang to bring her a young girl changeling from a specific bloodline to use in a ritual that will return her lost youth. Perlman is a troll living under London Bridge that the girl, a young street urchin, befriends when he saves her from Dafoe's goons being led by Buscemi. Cumberbatch is a full-blooded elf come out of Elfland to bring her back to her mother, the Summer Queen. He's really cryptic, she doesn't want to go, Perlman fights Cummberbatch while she runs off-- into Dafoe's clutches. He poses as her friend, spirits her away to Swinton's manor. She's locked up briefly with a bunch of other captured changeleings, including an ocean spirit guy who was a sailor before being caught, among others. They talk for a while, then Dafoe brings her to Swinton, there's a confrontation, they set up for the ritual, it looks like she's in peril-- then Cumberbatch busts in to try and rescue her. She escapes in the confusion only to tun into Perlman, who has also showed up to rescue her, busting through a wall and wrecking the cell where the prisoners were being kept, scattering them all. The pair flee in the manor with Swinton, Dafoe, and Cummberbatch all in pursuit, and on the way they run into ocean guy again, who has an idea. Camera cuts back to Cummberbatch and Dafoe pursuing Perlman and the girl far ahead of them, but constantly fighting each other to reach her first. Eventually the spill out of an alleyway onto the docks, and Dafoe is about to beat Cummberbatch when a horn blows, and they both look up to see a ship pulling away from the dock bound for the Americas, the ocean guy leaning over the rail thumbing his nose at them before getting back to work, while Perlman and the girl sit side by side on the anchor hanging below, unseen from the deck but obvioulsy stowed away.

Still eating this bait

Fund it