Salvaging a bad situation

THIS is magical realm, yes. A machine (re?)birthing a baby human in some kind of incubator is very magical realm.

Is there a way to keep such a scenario from going off the deep end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9HdG13DraXE
youtube.com/watch?v=d6_hls6Z63c
youtube.com/watch?v=iL9v1e-_T1g
gutenberg.org/ebooks/29317
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not beating off to it.

So you mean a cloning vat?

Not sure how that's magical realm.

Not jacking off to it.

Why make the machine humanoid, and with breasts to boot? I mean, I could understand it if the machine was meant to look exactly like a human and fool others into thinking it was an actual mother, but otherwise it's fetish bait.

Being cloned/born out of pods and intravenously cared for by a stationary structure controlled by an AI that isn't anthropomorphic but is still considered a parent by it's "children" is leagues more interesting.

This is one of those times where your accusation says more about you than it does about the one you're accusing.

Having it be an android is pretty silly and doesn't make any sense, but it's not magical realm.

Vat-grown human thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=9HdG13DraXE

Why does the incubator/cloning vat need to be attached to a robot?

newfag here
what the hell is magical realming?
i assume it has to do with some sort of fetish stuff being involved in a campaign but im not %100 sure

>Why does the incubator/cloning vat need to be attached to a robot?
Dangerous environment where you might need to move the wombs using equipment and vehicles made for human-scale occupants.

I'm not OP, just trying to come up with an answer.

>what the hell is magical realming?
Pic related

This would make a good Engine Heart character.

Android with a functioning womb who just really really really wants to have a baby.

Or maybe it just has a little clump of dried tissue and bones inside it and insists that it's expecting any day now.

ah, i see

That hurt my heart user

but then it'd be able to bring back the humans

>a post human civilization where human/AI relationships are common and the desire for a flesh and blood offspring is shared by both partners.
>the above, only instead of AI humans have uploaded their minds into machines but retained genetic material for the purposes of procreation.
>a disaster strikes a colony ship, leaving only a small percentage of the colonists alive. The survivors turn to genetic engineering and robotics to ensure a stable gene pool. After several generations the crisis is averted but culturally it has become the norm for all children to be incubated in artifical wombs. The rich are able to build humanoid carriers for said wombs, becoming something of a status symbol.

Don't give it boobs. Have it be a spider or something and the baby is in the abdomen. Or because it's supposed to protect the baby, it's built like a fucking tank or ED 209

Or have it malfunction or CHOOSE not to give birth and the baby keeps growing inside it.

ooh, make it detachable. Or she's actually made to grow replacement organs in the battlefield, not carry a baby to term and she's in a race to get it to safety before it dies. Like its genetic mother died and the robot cut the baby out and is doing the best it can with what might be the actual last human in the world.

>Or she's actually made to grow replacement organs in the battlefield, not carry a baby to term and she's in a race to get it to safety before it dies. Like its genetic mother died and the robot cut the baby out and is doing the best it can with what might be the actual last human in the world.
This is a top-tier idea for a story. Or a movie.

fapmind

You know what pisses me off about that pic?

It's not the magical realm.

It's the fact that the kid is upsidedown. At that level of development it should be in cephalic position.

I would watch this, buy the DVD, and torrent the soundtrack.

Guys, what if that robot is actually a human mother that's been transferred into a gynoid to save her from her disease ridden body, and her unborn child was implanted within her artificial womb so that she could carry it to term.

>my body is failing
>I will not let it kill my child

I dunno, the battlefield medic one has more potential for a PC, what with being trained in hand-to-hand combat, humvee operations, etc.

This would be the Lifetime original movie that's made after the success of Army Brat prompts a wave of gynoid-centered action movies.

>Why make the machine humanoid, and with breasts to boot? I mean, I could understand it if the machine was meant to look exactly like a human and fool others into thinking it was an actual mother, but otherwise it's fetish bait.

Maybe because the male wants to fuck the incubator and inseminate it that way?

Or, and this is a less fetish-y answer, the large breasts and humanoid posture is meant to trigger the "this is a pregnant woman" mechanism we have in our brains, thus ensuring the incubator will be treated better, protected, and overall given better care than a stationary vat.

Really? I'll throw it in my slush file, something might come of it

THIS IS NOW A VAT-GROWN THREAD

Just replace the head with monitor showing the all knowing friend computer and you got yourself a mobile vat cloning machine.

>"Citizens, protect my womb! The commie dingos are after my baby!"

>"Do note that any knowledge of babies, wombs, dingos, commies, commie dingos, commie dingo babies, commie dingo babies wombs, commie wombs, commie babies, dingo wombs, dingo babies, womb babies, babies wombs or womb dingos is ultraviolet clearance level knowledge, any ultraviolet clearance knowledge with out the proper clearance level is treason.

Oh yeah man, imagine it. The Final War. All the women died a few years ago from some bioweapon that got out of control, all the civilian population centers have been destroyed, now it's down to just a few hundred thousand soldiers. Establish the momdroid as being humanoid in shape to fit into vehicles and make full use of human equipment, female appearance to throw off people who would otherwise take a shot at it, "womb" in the abdomen because that's a convenient spot in a humanoid frame to grow an organ, a little rapport with the squad she's assigned to, then they get orders to secure this highly-specific but unnamed payload. Which turns out to be a pregnant woman who got fatally shot in the firefight of securing her. Everybody on both sides is dead except the momdroid, so cue dramatic traumatic scene of removing the underdeveloped fetus and implanting it in herself. Then some more "bad guy" soldiers show up and momdroid has to hide, and through a series of actiony actions finds herself behind enemy lines.

>Why make the machine humanoid, and with breasts to boot?
Because giving the incubator human features quells some of the unease most people would feel at the idea of growing humans in vats. Anthropomorphising advanced, intrusive technology to make it feel less alien is something that people are working on right now in robotics.

With a bit of work I think it could work as a mid-budget sci-fi movie like what Niell Blomkamp has been making.
>set up an apocalyptic setting where androids are fairly commonplace, used as laborers in a wide variety of jobs
>while they are intelligent they only have a limited range of emotions, usually tailored to allow them to fit in with humans while on the job
>the androids have a capacity to learn, but are rarely required to do so
>most humans see them as somewhere between a tool and a co-worker
>medic android is given a female form and basic personality so she can comfort the wounded on the battlefield
>stranded in an isolated warzone (maybe another planet) she finds the dying mother and saves the child using her regeneration womb/chamber to the best of her ability
Then you can take the basic story in two different directions
>either she has to protect the child and fight her way back to allied territory
or
>there's no going home (she's stranded and forgotten, or society as it was has collapsed) so she eventually gives "birth" to the child and then has to raise it, calling on her memories of how human mothers acted to try and approximate one, while becoming more human herself along the way

Use an actual actress with a heavilty CGI'd robot body to play the android and you're all set.

Saved. Although I was thinking of a lone droid forced on a pilgrimage across the wastes when the mother activates her as a last-ditch effort. Maybe write it like a set of short stories/parables, maybe she's likened to the virgin mary. Hell, the whole thing could be a future religion, told generations later.

>Use an actual actress with a heavilty CGI'd robot body to play the android and you're all set.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6_hls6Z63c

in before bucket

>watch video
>look at comments
>only one is
>"FOR YOU"
Hearty keys were had

maybe adventure/setting around the implications of such technology
if they finish making female semen (its a thing look it up) then the roles of males will change in society
they get a good working womb going they're still going to need eggs, but not the rest of the woman any longer
that's all assuming there is an innate animosity between the sexes and each is waiting for the opportunity to screw over the other beyond regular screwing

Stealing this for my SWN campaign

Maybe it's also supposed to raise said babby for a while and they want to make sure the baby develops normally through faux-human contact.

It's not magical realm, really.

>(re?)birthing
That is though.

This.

>Because giving the incubator human features quells some of the unease most people would feel at the idea of growing humans in vats.
The uncanny valley would hit me real hard if said machine didn't actually pass for human convincingly. And at this point, it's just a fucking human if it can actually reproduce with them.

One could argue that the robot might also need to serve as the parent or gaurdian after the cloning process is complete. But that said why not go all cute with it instead of fetishy?

Okay.

Stay with me here.

What if.

What if we like.

Wait for this.

What if we like, put tits on the robot spider. Best of both worlds for the baby.

I'm not going to lie i was totally expecting a smooth jazz of this, lyrics and all. I was sorely disappointed

youtube.com/watch?v=iL9v1e-_T1g

>it's just a fucking human if it can actually reproduce with them

I was thinking how about robot is actually a movable sarcophagus where the bones and remains of a dead individual are placed in it ceremonially and the womb part is where they're "reincarnated" add a dash of lost tech and ceremonial decorating like a golden body motif and bam! Humanoid womb sans the magical realm.

I could dig it. it'd be fucking terrifying, but so is straddling a pillar of flame to the moon

>The uncanny valley would hit me real hard if said machine didn't actually pass for human convincingly. And at this point, it's just a fucking human if it can actually reproduce with them.
There's a difference between anthropomorphising something and trying to make it look exactly like a human. That's why the uncanny valley exists in the first place.

Our hypothetical momdroid would sit comfortably on either the human or robot side depending on if she was portrayed as a robot-with-female-features like the OP pic, or as a full on gynoid, like .

Best to stop right after the humanoid robot phase. Uncanny valley a shit.

>uncanny valley
>prosthetic hand
muh benis disagrees

play up the creepy factor. use the fact that someone built a cloning vat to look like a woman as an indicator that they are crazy.

It can only do that with a valid zygote, and is searching the empty world for a surviving sperm and egg in storage... Somewhere.

This is the quest of Maternal Ambulatory Replica type 4: AKA "Mary"

They are all gone, and deep down in her programing, she knows, and refuses to believe it.

>>Or she's actually made to grow replacement organs in the battlefield, not carry a baby to term and she's in a race to get it to safety before it dies. Like its genetic mother died and the robot cut the baby out and is doing the best it can with what might be the actual last human in the world.

If you want to drag it out you could make it so that her organ replacement chamber is not suitable to be used as a womb since it wasn't designed for that, so she could use it to keep the foetus on a suspended state indefinitely but not have it develop inside of her.

Then the story could consists of her struggling to survive and functioning for the sake of the foetus over thousands of years on a desolate earth, building windfarms to recharge herself, hiding in caves to survive Mad Max style apocalyptical storms.

This wasn't what I played the Talos Principle for!

God damn it Croteam

I bet Damjan did this.

Pffft. I bet you don't even use ENHANCED IMAGING, surrat!

>Bunraku:
>Realistic
>Not horrifying

Weeaboo.

Alright Veeky Forums, get ready for the feels while I dump a story with a similar theme.

You know I was wondering about this, just as an abstract thought mind you.

If you have AI that have reached sentience and are darn near intelligent to the same degree as humanity and as a result of this want to be human as possible and give birth with their biological partners if they swing that way.

How would such a joining work out? I keep imagining that the robot, if female, would need constant chassis upgrades to accomadate the growing babe, but the issue I keep coming to is that you still need genetic material for there to be any growth

Unless you found some way to create gametes with synthetically created dna out of a random selection of different donors.

Though tpopped to mind if you had a combo of the robots from Fallout four and the matrix mixed together is all.

I don't know how I feel about this character, she's a filthy parasite, but also prime waifu material.

Super vaguely related: "There Will Be School Tomorrow" by V. E. Thiessen.

gutenberg.org/ebooks/29317

Also, I like the idea of robots genetically engineering humanoids for their own reasons.

Imagine SHODAN and Cortana (and maybe GLaDOS?) creating the perfect human male... and then "testing" him out.... mmhgg.

>Kiera Knightly
seriously nigga

The guy has a serious thing for her. This isn't the only piece of work of his that she's in.

by god this storytime

i didn't know there were manga artists making this kind of sci fi

who's the guy?

best mom too

>December 7th

is the plot twist that the DNA decomposed by the first millenia?

Make the whole thing as surreal as reasonably possible

Are humans from the Ark going to come and save Louis?

Or is this going to be a bad end?

If I were that AI, I'd just take my partner's DNA, file off any genetic disorders, boost some stats, and call that my contribution to the breeding process.

I guess I could see the psychological value of running my consciousness through a pregnant bot for the period of gestation, in that case. not much weirder than fathers wearing bottles on their chests.

luis about to get ayy lmao'd

The guy who wrote it is Boichi, happy ends are not to be expected. Just expect an end to an interesting story.