Dragons are good

Dragons are good.
Dragonslayers are evil.

That's a fact.

Only if you're a dragon.

or among their favored

What if you are a dragon that slays other dragons?

Dragons are tacky; Sonic tier

I submit to no notion that good or evil are properties that exist. I instead abide by the fact that at the end of the day I live even if that means something else must die.

OP is a liar. That is a fact.

depends on the setting

Dragons are just walking piles of resources to make equipment. A dragon is basically a mine you have to kill.

>this fact has been brought to you by the council of dragons
>thank you
>please pay on your way out

Since this is obviously a setting where the main dominating race is human relatable, how do the dragons benefit the human race in a way that the majority of the population believes them to be good?

Cui Bono?

Basilisk here, can confirm. Dragons are a-OK.

Dragons are demons and personifications of all the worst possibilities of sapient personality. Greed, hatred, laziness, destruction for its own sake.

this, fuck dragons, they just fucking horde wealth princesses and burn down villages for fun
if dragons were real i would do my best to get rid of them even though id probably just get eaten or burned

Chromatic dragons dindu nuffin dey good boys

Only time I ever felt bad killing dragons was DA: Inquisition because there were so few of them.

This is the best metaphor I've ever heard.

A dragon's role is to guard. The dragons of the world were set by the gods to guard the treasures man could not be rusted with at the time. The wise ones know this.

But dragon slayers are greedy, and glory hungry. They yearn to show that they alone have the power to slay the beast sentries of the gods, and claim for themselves the treasures no mortal man should have.

>monsters
>good
pick one.

Yes.

but dragons need laying too, don't be a prude user

If you didn't feel like shit after finding out the truth about these dragons, you missed the fucking point.

What's this from?

Dragon's Dogma.
Good game. Grigori, the dragon pictured, is the "BBEG"
Yes, in quotations. Because secret reasons.

Well summer's close so it will probably go on sale so I'll get it then. I probably would get it now if I didn't plan on getting Stellaris once I get word of if the launch is buggy or not.

Also let me guess Man is the real monster

no user, you specifically are the real monster

How do you guys feel about non-traditional dragons like this?

In a thing I'm writing dragon society is firmly under the boot of Elven rulers. At the start of the book they decide to banish a particular clan they don't like to the worst hell imaginable. An icy, frozen wasteland where fire is snuffed out as quickly as hope, known by the terrifying name of "Earth."

Trying to write a dragon from that society is really fucking hard. I want to keep some of the standard draconic personality traits (arrogance, pride, etc) but show how they would realistically be affected by being a vassal state. It's a tough balance to strike.

From my point of view, the dragons are evil.

I didn't feel like shit, I was just really really jealous. If there's any way to make me give up a fight, offer me what that badass motherfucker got if I lose. There is no defeat after Grigori, only different kinds of victory, at least to me.

Ah! Good to know!
>Heads to Steam, takes game off wish list.
Always best to avoid games that pull the laziest bait-and-switch storytelling punchline imaginable.

Except that user is lying.

What said.
It's not "You're the real monster"
It's more complicated than that.
Lets just say Grigori is, well, testing your resolve.
Resolve to do what?
You'll find out, when you explore what lies beyond the Rift.
The becoming a monster thing is a bad end.
It's a really good story, and a solid game.

That's not Dragon's Dogma's story.

The base game story is good, not amazing.

Dark Arisen, the expansion(which comes with the PC version) is where the story gets really fucking going.

I've replayed the entire game just to hear the BBEG's speech at the end of Dark Arisen.

"Such a base and trifling creature is man..."

No paths lead hence.

Repent the folly of ascribing meaning to the void.

TO SLAY ALL DRAGONS WITHIN OUR NATION!

Slave to a broken order, dare you look upon the truth?
So many good lines in that battle alone.

YOU DID IT WRONG YOU FUCKING NERD

To.. bring the world to devastation?

Lordran is fine without those scaly fuckers. Seath is the only exception, he betrayed so good that he is now a Duke.

Why this looks so retarded ? I mean the deepest level of cringe but also a spoon of autism

Depends on the setting.
In some, that's even worse, you're a kinslayer (Shadowrun).

In others, it's as normal as humans killing each other.

came here to post this
/thread

But that's not a dragon, user.

Bankers. They live for aeons, have good memories, can write their ledgers in actual stone, and flambe anyone who tries to rob them.

The only tricky part is making withdrawals.

Neutral. Anti hero

Dragonbots are neutral?

It was a team rocket joke.

I've seen like 3 episodes of the show but it seemed like the right time.

>Jewish Dragons

Dragons would probably be fine with withdrawals, as not allowing them is a fantastic way to have nobody put money in your bank.

Of course, dragons like hordes, so they might be shitty bankers. The only way to make money is to invest it. Hopefully a dragons lust for gold is based more on net worth than pile size.