Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Evil Party? More like Edgy Party! edition
How would you build an EDGY version of your current character?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XriL1z1xElE&index=35&list=PLGA7ewcGz4KK7ZZD0wrvDPKPvxkKQVK5H
youtube.com/watch?v=0k01zY822dk&list=PLAUiV78ZH6LQsbCdETWNUjvhEJcKvFgeq&index=1
drivethrurpg.com/product/179672/April-Augmented?src=slider_view
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#table-magic-item-slots-for-animals
docs.google.com/document/d/1L6ROqkeSF94qwvNHnS4HywCbL05H9ah0u2q5w0Wn9uw/edit?pref=2&pli=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's honestly pretty edgy already, all that's missing is to trade out his Burial Blade for a scythe or katana.

It's a spell of that subtype, yeah.

So /pfg/, tell me about your most recent session. How did it go?

>I don't know. Build one and post it, then I'll post the kinestist for that level.

This isn't sarcasm by the way. This is a legit offer.

If you are going to focus on bomb, you are going to be grenadier anyway. Grenadier get free martial proficiency with one weapon, guess what most people pick up? Alchemical Weapon ability also help boost damage done with bow.

>be wizard
>planarly bind succubi
>dominate monster them
>have them give my character Profane Gift
>repeat six times
>cast flesh to stone on the succubi
>cast rockto mud on each succubi
>mold succubi together into cube
>cast mud to rock on cube
>cast shrink any object on cube
>permanency the shrink
>have cube roughly 6 inches on a side
>put inside lead box
>drop lead box into ocean
>sequester thoughts location of said drop
>destroy the crystal to destroy the memory

Easy, never have to deal with it again. Just repeat this when someone tries to dispel chaos you, or counter spell the dispel chaos.

Posting again from end of last thread.

Canceled due to a death in the family.

still waiting on some lovely help on items that you would suggest for animal companions. Only limitation is no headband slots

Depends on which campaign.

>NG wrestling-Face-style pit boxer Brawler full up to the brim with Andoren ideals

I guess have him go Heel somehow?

>LG falsely-convicted Gnome Spiritualist (Hatred Phantom) who's managed to retain her optimism even on a ship bound to Nidal

Have the ship actually reach Nidal?

>LN Dhampir Inquis of Asmodeus, brainwashed to serve the Inquisition without question from childhood

She's less "ow the edge" and more "no fun allowed," so I don't even know.

>Once per day as a full-round action, a succubus may grant a profane gift to a willing humanoid creature by touching it for 1 full round. The target gains a +2 profane bonus to an ability score of his choice. A single creature may have no more than one profane gift from a succubus at a time.

>A single creature may have no more than one profane gift from a succubus at a time.

WHAT ANIMAL IS IT AND WHAT DO YOU WANT IT TO DO GOD DAMMIT

Is there a better archetype for Soulknife than Living Legend if I'm intending to be extremely tough in combat? Thanks to the Guardian role, I'm getting an AC bonus, DR, and energy resistance. Is there an archetype stack or something for Soulknife that can beat that? I know there's a lot of... esoteric options for Soulknife, stuff I've heard of like once or twice, such as Psychic Armory.

Yeah, that's why you get six succubi. You only have one gift from each.

Can't speak for everyone, but once my group gained access to Scry and Teleport they started using them- mostly teleport, to get from city to city. That said, we still explore new places the old fashioned way... Well, not quite. Now everyone flies and shit, instead of riding horseback. Same diff compared to teleporting, though.

I admit we've only used Scry once though, it was to spy on the BBEG. I mostly blame that on our group having only recently realized druid get Scry/Greater Scry (we have no one else in the party who could cast it).

High level magic really does redefine campaigns, unless your whole group is actively agreeing to pretend it doesn't exist or something weird like that.

Profane bonuses don't stack

I'm only here because OP used Arc-V in the pic.

>reading comprehension

Who cares about that when you can kill dudes fast? Psychic Armory is the best.

And change his last name to "the hedgehog"
HARDCORE MODE: you're actually playing Ron Jeremy!

War Soul
Get counters
Silver crane for self healing

I believe if it was implying you could only have one period it would read:
> A single creature may have no more than one profane gift.

The fact they mention "from a succubus" I believe means that you can only have one from each succubus. Meaning multiple succubi can give you a +2 profane bonus to each ability score.

We got a boat! We got a boat and we're going to use it to rob people!

So stupid it hurts

I answered this last thread too.

A lot of them. a couple are reach based shut down/defensive attackers. They both use tail attacks. then two velociraptors, theyre a bit more squishy becuase their feat choice isn't 100% aggressive but instead gives them back line or out of combat support options (about 3 feats invested each for that purpose). then two rocs, for flying goodness. Each of the companions has access to a different condition type, not counting access to skirmisher tricks, and 2 floating feats for teamwork distribution along with outflank. Most of them can squeeze in combat reflexes.

>A single creature may have no more than one profane gift from a succubus at a time.
>This spell turns natural, uncut, or unworked rock of any sort into an equal volume of mud. Magical stone is not affected by the spell.
>You are able to shrink one non-magical item

And sequester thoughts only gets the info out of your mind, but anyone (say, the balor whose harem you just ran off with) can just use divination and find out their location without your help. Lead blocks scrying, not divination in general.

My damage output is good enough, trust me.

I've got Warder initiating and am going into Daring Hero next level. It's a Gestalt character.
I'm looking for better passive defenses on a Soulknife than what LL's Guardian provides. If they exist.

I would read "a succubus" as "you could also get a profane gift from something else I guess, but not from a succubus".

There is literally no reason at all to be mean.

See, I believe the wording implies you may only have one from each succubi, meaning you can have a +2 profane for each stat. Otherwise why would they mention "from a succubus".

Not good enough.

Do you have a playlist in mind?

you are reading it wrong. It says profane gift, not profane bonus. meaning you cannot have more than 1 profane gift active. getting them from different succubus's would still mean you have more than one.

If you were insistent on running a campaign inspired by Dark Souls, what aspects of Dark Souls should you be using?

Because it seems to me the only things you should actually steal are the bosses, the themes and *maybe* the setting.

That's an iffy interpretation.

I'll post a reply in a moment for you, but please answer what it is you want. Is this the animal companion as granted by druid, cavalier, oracle, ranger, etc? Is this an animal you've bought? Is this a familiar? Do you have a specific animal in mind, like a cat or monkey?

Someone with more mastery than me needs to make the build to shut this guy up once and for all. He's always fucking here and he always posts the same post and says "build one and post it". Let's just get rid of him.

>I would read "a succubus" as "you could also get a profane gift from something else I guess, but not from a succubus".
I don't think so as nothing else in the game can give a profane gift.

>This spell turns natural, uncut, or unworked rock of any sort into an equal volume of mud. Magical stone is not affected by the spell.
Ah, I did not realize it needed to be natural stone. Because flesh to stone is instantaneous is it not magical stone. Magic was used to make the stone however.

>You are able to shrink one non-magical item
Again, not magical because the spells are instantaneous.

Nope! If you've got some catchy tunes to suggest then I'm all ears!

I'm thinking of shamelessly using the Norse music for Crusader Kings 2.

Pretty well! We resolved a recent crisis with our druid being attacked in her sleep, and didn't even have to resort to magically figuring out how it happened/where the attacker was because it happened again the next night. My character suggested making preparations for it by having half the party sleep while the other half watched them, and over the course of that night we realized that the sleeping PCs were being attacked by an outsider that could only manifest itself in their dreams. The next night, my magus slept and was the first attacked, but he was able to (mostly by luck) drive the outsider off from his dream and get the asshat to bugger off permanently.

Also, I asked my DM if I could use UMD to avoid taking negative levels from my new intelligent weapon (I'm the guy who was talking about having issues with that last week) and although initially he said no, another player backed me up on it and helped me explain this is basically exactly what the Emulate Alignment function of UMD is for.

Then we heard some frost giants were tearing shit up in a mountain pass, we teleported over, followed their tracks, and then proceeded to shit all over them. We have one unconscious giant to interrogate next session (which unfortunately won't be this week, it had to be cancelled because we can't get enough players) and one petrified giant we could unpetrify if we need to try and get some info from him.

I suspect the giants really won't have much information to offer, but hopefully we can at least learn where their boss is.

My character got bullied harder than I could have possibly imagined
In an ERP way

that one demon whore queen can. the writer also was trying to future proof their work.

I barely remember. It was three months ago.

So people were talking about how mindfucking people is evil. What exactly does that make a Kitsune Fey Sorcerer who's putting all their resources (FCB+Spell Focus Feats+arcana+max Cha+Metamagic) into enchantment? Does it just depend on what they're using their talents on? What's even an "acceptable use" of the iffy enchantment magic?

Is feebleminding someone and them taunting their brain-addled body an evil act, even if the target is evil?

see I dont have a set idea for what I want. I'm just looking for options and tricks people favor.

I don't know why people are pretending I haven't explained the animal companions.

The classes are a clusterfuck though. theyre all druid type companions as far as limitations go. one must be a dinosaur.

This is not a familiar.

>My character got bullied harder than I could have possibly imagined

Tell us all about it, user.

Including the filthy parts.

Start with this, then go through the playlist.

youtube.com/watch?v=XriL1z1xElE&index=35&list=PLGA7ewcGz4KK7ZZD0wrvDPKPvxkKQVK5H

Can you tell me the flavor of the campaign (Mediterranean, French, etc.)?

>spoiler

Yes, you monster.

>that one demon whore queen can. the writer also was trying to future proof their work.
The demon whore queen is just a succubi with class levels I thought?

>Can you tell me the flavor of the campaign (Mediterranean, French, etc.)?

Scandinavian, we're Ulfen out raiding and trading along the Inner Sea!

Shouldnt fleshtostoned creatures ping on Detect Magic with aura of transmutation?

At level 5 I'm rolling 1d10 + 1d6 fire + 2d6 + 1d6 acid + 6 at a minimum per hit with a 60 range increment. I am usually dealing an extra 2d6 electric and am also usually hasted, so long as our support caster can get vision of me for a turn. If PsyArm can substantially outperform this damage without completely compromising my passive defenses, I'll switch to it. The DR/Resistance equal to half your level thing from LL's Guardian has been really, really good to me. Same for the spammable free temporary HP.

NOT
ENOUGH

Yes, I understand your stance. Please educate me as to how much more I could be dealing if I were instead a PsyArm.

Tell me, /pfg/, if you were to play a character who had a demon bound to them from birth, what class would you pick? We're talking tapping into it's power for some sweet natural attack action. This is for a WotR campaign using the equivalent demon ceremony trait.

Fiendbound Marauder going full on into Fool's Errand.

Desperado Warlord

Synth Summoner or Alchemist. Maybe check some Barbarian archetypes.

Canceled, as was the game, for good. I might be dragged back into the foreverGM abyss, goodbye my stillborn character concepts...

Probably paladin.

>Canceled, as was the game, for good. I might be dragged back into the foreverGM abyss, goodbye my stillborn character concepts...

What killed the campaign?

youtube.com/watch?v=0k01zY822dk&list=PLAUiV78ZH6LQsbCdETWNUjvhEJcKvFgeq&index=1

Are there any classes that can use CHA for to-hit and damage consistently? Any 3pp, DSP preferred, if possible.

Nope, it's an instantaneous duration.

Players in my game will recognise this story
>Playing a ravenlord who is adamantly against lewds
>Find a strange mushroom when exploring caves, identify it as an aphrodisiac
>Nopenotgonnaeatthisnoway
>Later on party is cooking dinner, raven fishes the mushroom out of my backpack and gives it to the paladin
>Paladin is smart and asks me what mushroom does, but she's too embarrassed to say and just says that while it's not poisonous you shouldn't eat it
>Paladin has already added the mushrooms to an omelette
>Alchemist overhears and eats some of it, then forces it into my character's mouth and she swallows it without thinking
>She's blank with terror for a moment and fails the fort save, and starts shadow conjuration tripping hard as semi-solid tentacles and bugs and other things form around her and start to act out her repressed fantasies
>They're too wispy to be pulled away but solid enough to be 'felt'
>Not only does PC object to this happening, it's even worse because the rest of the party is watching, and some of the illusions are of the party members toying with her
>Alchemist has an idea to help and starts joining in despite PC protesting, and uses her tongue so well that she fails a fort save and is stunned for 1 minute with the climax
>The plan was that if she was stunned she wouldn't be able to imagine the stuff anymore and the illusions would go away
>But actually she can still think, so the shadow tentacles continues to assault her, except this time she can't move or speak in response
>Alchemist shrugs and starts brewing antitoxin
>PC is just stuck being tentacled for 10 minutes before it wears off, after which she's just too physically drained to move
>They leave her on a couch to recover and I just control the raven for the rest of the session

>As a final punchline, the alchemist happily eats the rest of the omelette. Poison immunity made her completely unaffected.

Soulknife into Daring Hero is exactly what you want.
Basically it's a CHA soulknife.

Warlord, take Elemental Nimbus (Fire)

Warlord's gambits can give them CHA as a luck bonus to hit.

Multiclass as Paladin for smite and you can get an untyped CHA to hit, which stacks with gambit.

Elemental Nimbus is a stance, fire version gives you CHA to all attacks, doubled after level 10.

ERP games are retarded

>Daring Hero
What is this?
Can't find it.

Our current GM burning out, although it'd be nice if he'd just admitted it right off instead of making excuses for missing sessions for a month straight.

Still, I guess I can't blame him considering he only took over when I burned out myself. None of the other players cares to manage running a game, so it's up to me to make sure the group doesn't disintegrate at least long enough for someone else to get some shit together...

They're about as good as defenses get for a soulknife if you're getting maneuvers elsewhere.

Forget not the Form Astral Suit power, it'll provide you with a healthy extra layer later too.

what the fuck?

how about you go masturbate like a normal fucking person?

>Reading spoilered text that was outright said to be ERP to complain you don't like ERP

How bad of an idea is it to gestalt two casters that use different casting stats?

I feel that Wizard/Summoner could be quite good if you went synthesist summoner, then maxed out the abilities on your eidolon.

Take shadow blend and shadow form (enemies have 20% miss chance, 50% if in shadowy light), improved natural armour, and the better flight ability for a perfect fly speed. Take an increased ability point or two as well and you can have permanent blur or displacement and perfect flying by level 8, or lower if you forgo the other upgrades.

April Augmented.
drivethrurpg.com/product/179672/April-Augmented?src=slider_view

It's an april fool's release with amusing themes but the class mechanics are functional.

user, I want you to know that I went into that story expecting something cute and lewd. I expected something that "makes sense" as an encounter, and something that didn't include all sorts of weird blatantly sexual fetishes that just seem more goofy than sexy.

That was none of those things.

Like, I guess that's a question for everyone else here as well, but why does ERP always seem to include these sexual encounters that seem more obnoxious than arousing? Like, when I think of a "good" ERP encounter I just think of a dude and chick culminating a developed relationship with some raw sex, not wispy tentacle subconsciousness and cunnilingus.

Previous thread you said no headband slot items. If it's because you're going to be using it for the intelligence boost so that your companion will pass 3 int and all the benefits that incurs, okay. If you have another reason let me know.

Your companion can wear barding and various other items just like a normal NPC can, although it's body type decides what it can have. Not knowing how wealthy you will be to outfit a second character with magical items, generic magical items for your companion are always helpful. >d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#table-magic-item-slots-for-animals dictates what slots your creature can have. You can give a baboon most of your hand me downs for example. Putting your +1 nat armor amulet on your horse because you found a +2 off some dude you killed is always a viable choice. For the most part, magic items will be the same as what a normal PC doing a similar role would wear. Also keep in mind if you got lots of money you can make combination items for your companion, like natural armor and AoMF, and that most magical items are fluffed to resize for the wearer. The ring looted from a giant will fit on your finger, but you can't put a ring around the horse's hoof or the snake's tail.
>docs.google.com/document/d/1L6ROqkeSF94qwvNHnS4HywCbL05H9ah0u2q5w0Wn9uw/edit?pref=2&pli=1
This is a cavalier guide, scroll down to "gearing your mount". Your mileage may vary depending on the role you take. A companion that can speak and grasp can use spell trigger and completion, meaning it can use your wands as a second buffbot, or you can have an armored juggernaut charging into battle with buffs you slapped on it. Give me more time and I'll post specific items.

>tfw learning my horse couldn't wear Boots of the Mastodon or a Minotaur Belt
Life is hard

It's an eye of the beholder thing though, I genuinely found it cute and wasn't playing it for arousing-lewd. I guess I'm too deviant.

Will delete the post though since it doesn't really fit with the thread.

actually its because I am using the HD skill effects to work around having fuck all ranks and to deal with ability damage and penalties. I am putting my ability points almost entirely in int, so even without the headband I'll be sitting on 3+

Ultimately the 3 int is what makes it possible for me to make my animal companions so varied and supernatural, so I need it to start with. I'll look the link over. thanks.

Would you say that, in a vacuum, INT is an objectively more powerful ability than CHA?

Not that guy, but frankly, if I'm in the mood for any remotely normal fetish, I can dig up work by some writefag within a minute's web surfing.

ERP is to fetishes as tabletop in general is to video games. Sometimes, you just have to do the work yourself to get the experience you want.

>ERP is to fetishes as tabletop in general is to video games. Sometimes, you just have to do the work yourself to get the experience you want.

But people play Fighter McFighterman all the time in tabletop, and Fighter McFighterman is one of the most common things to play as in video games.

As you said, it's DIY typefucking, but the vore/hypnosis typefucker is just as valid as the typefucker that just wants their qt paladin have sex with the NPC they've been developing a relationship with over the course of a campaign.

>you will never get to use Leadership to take a Cockatrice, Medusa, or Basilisk Cohort

Why is this my life?

But he worshipped a demon and threatened a party member, user. Is it really that bad that I enjoyed making him chase a dancing lights spell around?

>Basilisk
>Medusa
>Cockatrice
>All of them have petrify

Is there something you aren't telling us, user?

>I decide to GM a backup game for when some of the players can't make regular game, which is annoyingly often.
>Players can't make regular game this weekend.
>Rest of the players can't make backup game either.

frigging gosh darnit.

Because apparently you haven't played Leadership-legal games to the level where you can effectively take such creatures. Don't give up, and keep looking-I'm sure you'll find a game where you can get your rocks off.

I've had good experiences playing mostly nonlewd characters in campaigns where ERP is allowed.

There's a sort of freedom in that - the ability to do lewd but fun things without going all the way, with the knowledge that nobody's going to judge you for magical realming because that's just normal, and even the knowledge they'll appreciate it as a lewd thing rather than just as a crude or dirty joke.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1L6ROqkeSF94qwvNHnS4HywCbL05H9ah0u2q5w0Wn9uw/edit?pref=2&pli=1
Not a lot of presented options. but thanks for the help anyway. I'm sure finding items that benefit animal companions more than most is harder than usual.

A Good person would've been the bigger man there and handed him over to the authorities once he was subdued.

Whatever could you possibly mean? Hahahaha. That's just ridiculous.

>mfw remembering that time I had a bunch of undead nagas with feeblemind gaze attacks under my necromancer's control, requiring her to wear a mask that blinded her and see the world through a swarm of isitoqs while riding around on her flying carpet

Do you ever feel like the best games of your life are behind you, anons?

What are some 3pp feats that let me apply my INT bonus to stuff?
I'm a Warder, so I already have it for Reflex and Initiative. I'd like some more.

CARLOS

>I've had good experiences playing mostly nonlewd characters in campaigns where ERP is allowed.

I really feel you on that, as I've had my fair share of extremely memorable nonlewd characters that came from lewd campaigns.

I'd say they're rare because it takes a certain degree of anonymity and trust to make them work, but when they work they work REALLY well.

It's mostly neutral in my opinion.

It's disrespectful, but not outright cruel. It's close, though.

You stumble and falter when you should stride forward, but at least you aren't going backwards

What is the best underwater race and why is it gillmen?

I have a feeling I would enjoy that. Not actually taking part, that's not my style, but if the party were dedicated roleplayers and not trying to force ERP down everyone's throat, it could be interesting to not have to pretend sexuality doesn't exist.

thats not how you spell bullshit merfolk.

>tfw what will likely have been the best games of my life took place back in college when I was only just beginning, and had no idea what I was doing mechancially, and basically contributed solely through RP, skills, and toting around all sorts of mundane items everyone else forgot.

So how exactly does using natural attacks work in Pathfinder? For example, claws: is it like if I had TWF? What?

War paint of the terrible visage: Give your companion a single use cause fear at DC 11.
Soul Soap: Did someone mind control your companion? Once you've restrained it, give it a quick new will save.
Dust of Tracelessness: If someone wants to follow you they'll expect your animal companion's tracks. Neither yours nor theirs will be there.
Nightdrops: Now your eagle can scout at night fine.
Snapleaf: Featherfall for 5 rounds and invisibility for 5 minutes.
Dust of Emulation: Remember what I said about your companion using wands? Give it a wand it can't use, then use this powder on your creature so that within the next hour it is treated as having rolled 25 on UMD to the next wand it'll use. Get your first round buffs out fast, then it goes back to whatever it usually does (maybe using wands it can normally use).
Steadfast Gut-Stone: Insurance against "precision" attacks like crit and sneak. A 10 hp buffer against a crit could save your buddy.
Beast-Bond Brand: Lets you use personal or touch spells from 30 feet on one branded buddy. 100 gp per charge.

Posting, will continue. Let me know if anyone aside from is interested.